The GT40 Is A Rocket

  • Thread starter Thread starter kogashiwa_kai
  • 35 comments
  • 1,175 views
Messages
105
Hi folks,

I am having some serious trouble trying to beat the GT40 in the MR Challenge in the professional league. I suck, but I don't suck that bad. This time, my car sucks.

What can I say? The GT40 is really flying on rails! I'm using an Lotus Esprit turbo (V8). I got like 1050bhp on the thing, but it handles like fish on a tightrope. Oh yes, this is on 'Trial Mountain'.

So, anyone know of any formidable cars to beat the GT40?

Thanks a bunch.
 
Do you have any other MR cars ?

I think from memory I used an F1 car. I tried with a Toyota GT One Road Car but struggled.

I don't think there are any MR cars you can buy that will get you there.

You can win the Raybrig NSX at Gran Turismo All Stars in Amateur. That goes to over 1000hp with all upgrades. Same with the Arta NSX at the All Japanese GT Championship in Amateur.

Do you know the save game trick to get the prize car you want ?
 
Actually you can buy the Castrol Mugen NSX for 1,250,000 if you have that much.
 
heh, the indys will not only make it easy, but it will make it quick
 
Originally posted by gumpy
Do you have any other MR cars ?

I think from memory I used an F1 car. I tried with a Toyota GT One Road Car but struggled.

I don't think there are any MR cars you can buy that will get you there.

You can win the Raybrig NSX at Gran Turismo All Stars in Amateur. That goes to over 1000hp with all upgrades. Same with the Arta NSX at the All Japanese GT Championship in Amateur.

Do you know the save game trick to get the prize car you want ?

Well, currently, the Esprit is the only one fast enough to smell its smoke.

Yeah, I am currently running in the All Japanese GT Championship in amateur to get the Arta NSX. I figured that this one should have good handling and enough power to boot.

And yeah, I know the save game trick. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but pressing and holding 'X' when the roulette highlights the car I want works (for me).

Thanks for the tips.
 
Originally posted by gumpy
Actually you can buy the Castrol Mugen NSX for 1,250,000 if you have that much.

Yeah, I thought about that. But figured I'd try the Arta NSX first and see if it can at least match the GT40. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll have to fork out one and a quarter million bucks.
 
To kogashiwa_kai :
:D Save your credits & use them to hop-up your ARTA. The only difference between the ARTA the MUGEN & the Raybrig is the Paint Job...UB57
:D
 
To kogashiwa_kai :
:D Have run this race a few times this morning. My advice: Lose some HP!!! I beat it w/ROAD cars including the R390 Road Version (Completely Stock as you'd use it for PD Cup) & Motor Sport Elise (Maxxed out.) IMO this is much more of a "Handling" track than a "HP" track so you're giving yourself a "Handicap" trying to wrestle your Lotus around it. Hope this was some help...UB57
:D
 
I did this with a 740hp Zonda C12S. If you can figure out how to drive it, its one of the fastest road cars for sure. I can give you tips on how to drive and set it up if you want.

The Zonda WILL cream the competition.
 
I also did it using the F1 cars, but i used the gt-one for amateur. If u want a GT40, do GT Allstars in Amateur, then you'll be on an even footing.
Seeing as you have no F1, do u have the R390, 787b or GT-One Race Car, they would all win pretty easyily
 
Originally posted by UB57
To kogashiwa_kai :
:D Have run this race a few times this morning. My advice: Lose some HP!!! I beat it w/ROAD cars including the R390 Road Version (Completely Stock as you'd use it for PD Cup) & Motor Sport Elise (Maxxed out.) IMO this is much more of a "Handling" track than a "HP" track so you're giving yourself a "Handicap" trying to wrestle your Lotus around it. Hope this was some help...UB57
:D

Thanks for all the tips, dude :)

And yeah, I do figure that Trial Mountain ain't much of a power track, but I confess I never liked the way the Esprit handled stock or modified. I just used it to win the amateur MR challenge. Heheh ;) That's why I need to get me a good handling car. Like the GT NSX! :D
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
I did this with a 740hp Zonda C12S. If you can figure out how to drive it, its one of the fastest road cars for sure. I can give you tips on how to drive and set it up if you want.

The Zonda WILL cream the competition.

Cool. I don't remember, but the Zonda is for sale, right? I'd really appreciate it if you could give some tips on its handling characteristics. Thanks a bunch :)
 
Originally posted by sphinx87
I also did it using the F1 cars, but i used the gt-one for amateur. If u want a GT40, do GT Allstars in Amateur, then you'll be on an even footing.
Seeing as you have no F1, do u have the R390, 787b or GT-One Race Car, they would all win pretty easyily

I see, so that's where I can get the GT40 from. Yes, I'll have to get me one of those. You lost me. What's the R390 and 787b?
Thanks for the tips.
 
To kogashiwa_kai :
:D Since sphinx87 is off line I'll attempt to answer for him. The Nissan R390 & Mazda 787B are LeMans Racers & aside from the F-1s are two of the Very Best cars in the game. Awesome in every respect & rivaled IMO only by the GT-1 Racer (Although I'm awfully partial to my GT-1 Road Car.) Hope this answers your question, been so long I forgot where you can win them other than the Mazda @ "Like The Wind" & for reaching 75%. Use the Search to find out more info about them...UB57
:D
 
friggin hell!!

I hate these threads.

TAKE SOME FRIGGIN HP OFF THE ESPRIT AND IT WILL HANDLE BETTER

glad i got that outta my system. 1000+ hp is too much for a car that doesnt even have adjustable downforce. learn to corner better and tone down the HP by 300 - 400.:banghead:
 
Originally posted by UB57
To kogashiwa_kai :
:D Since sphinx87 is off line I'll attempt to answer for him. The Nissan R390 & Mazda 787B are LeMans Racers & aside from the F-1s are two of the Very Best cars in the game. Awesome in every respect & rivaled IMO only by the GT-1 Racer (Although I'm awfully partial to my GT-1 Road Car.) Hope this answers your question, been so long I forgot where you can win them other than the Mazda @ "Like The Wind" & for reaching 75%. Use the Search to find out more info about them...UB57
:D

Thanks a lot dude :) I'll definitely look those cars up and try to get them.

Heheh... The thing is, I play GT3 to drive the cars that I like :D So, there are a number of tournaments I don't do :lol:

I'll do them... Eventually!
 
Originally posted by ving
friggin hell!!

I hate these threads.

TAKE SOME FRIGGIN HP OFF THE ESPRIT AND IT WILL HANDLE BETTER

glad i got that outta my system. 1000+ hp is too much for a car that doesnt even have adjustable downforce. learn to corner better and tone down the HP by 300 - 400.:banghead:


Well, I'm glad you're feeling better. You must like the Esprit. In any case, I can corner. I also know that the Esprit ain't too hot with that much horsepower. Even so, I personally never liked the way it rode anyway. And that is, no discredit to the car itself.
 
yeah, its back heavy...
its an aquired taste i guess.
took me a while to get used to it too. but i like it anyhow :)
 
dont know how long you have been a member here Kogashiwa Kai , but welcome to the forum anyhow :)
 
Originally posted by ving
dont know how long you have been a member here Kogashiwa Kai , but welcome to the forum anyhow :)

ving, thanks very much :) I haven't been here too long. Guess I wanted see what other people thought of the game, and all the good stuff. Found this place, and stayed as it rocks.
 
Me and my friend gave the zonda aprox. 1100 bhp
-> NON TURBO !

This thing really goes like hell !

Try it out

c ya

Steve
 
Originally posted by Quattro
Me and my friend gave the zonda aprox. 1100 bhp
-> NON TURBO !

This thing really goes like hell !

Try it out

c ya

Steve


:lol: try the brakes,.. not any better than the GT40 unfortunately :lol:
 
Originally posted by kogashiwa_kai
Cool. I don't remember, but the Zonda is for sale, right? I'd really appreciate it if you could give some tips on its handling characteristics. Thanks a bunch :)


You can win the Zonda S in one of the NA championships. Either Amateur or Pro.

Alot of people dont like the way the Zonda handles. But trust me, I know of a way that makes it faster than any car with the same, if not more horsepower.

Basically it involves not really braking! No, just braking for about 75% of the time you would normally and then mashing the throttle. This causes that massive 7.0L Mercedes V12 (The engine in the Zonda) to pull the car around and you can hit the gas BEFORE the apex, pulling thru with way more exit speed than the competition.

But, you'll need my settings before this will work for you.

You also mentioned that you drive cars that you like?

Download any Top Gear episode with the Zonda and you'll fall in love immediately.

Clarkson reports on the same problem with the Zondas handling as the people who play GT3 do. He doesnt know how to drive the Zonda which is something I think I could do in a real Zonda.


The company "Pagani" was founded in 1999 by a former Lamborghini employee, Horatio Pagani. The Zonda C12S has a 7.0L Mercedes V12 and the Zonda C12 has a 6.0L Mercedes V12. Pagani also just released the Zonda which now comes with a 7.3L MB V12 and they also released a Pagani Roadster with the same engine. Although only 40 of those will be made.


The Zonda is also one of the only true supercars in GT3, so we should all appreciate it.
 
Have you seen the Top gear video with the Zonda vs Murcealargo vs Noble M12

Now that is a video that shows how all those cars match up. Jezza doesn't drive them though, they get a professional driver to do that.

Out of those cars the Noble was the fastest of the bunch, mainly due to weight and handling advantages.

Although I understand how your technique about driving the Zonda, but can't that be applied to most MR drivetrain cars?
 
Back