The GT40 Is A Rocket

  • Thread starter Thread starter kogashiwa_kai
  • 35 comments
  • 1,175 views
More power is not neccesarily better. Tune it down, run the grippiest tires you can without having to pit (or only pit once depending on the length of the race and your lead). Then mess with the suspension. Any car should, with some tuning and decent enough driving skills and pit schedual, be able to beat the GT40. :cool:
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
Have you seen the Top gear video with the Zonda vs Murcealargo vs Noble M12

Now that is a video that shows how all those cars match up. Jezza doesn't drive them though, they get a professional driver to do that.

Out of those cars the Noble was the fastest of the bunch, mainly due to weight and handling advantages.

Although I understand how your technique about driving the Zonda, but can't that be applied to most MR drivetrain cars?


Yah, but you have to get the right settings first.
 
Originally posted by kogashiwa_kai
Thanks a lot dude :) I'll definitely look those cars up and try to get them.

Heheh... The thing is, I play GT3 to drive the cars that I like :D So, there are a number of tournaments I don't do :lol:

I'll do them... Eventually!

Heres where to get them:
R390
Road Car - GT World Championship Professional/
Grand Valley Endurance
Race Car - GT Allstars Professional

GT-One
Road Car - GT World Championship Professional/
Tokyo R246 Endurance
Race Car - GT Allstars Professional/Dream Car Cup Professional
Polyphony Digital Cup?

787B
- Achieve 75% Completion
- 'Like the Wind' (s-licence required)

p.s. You can also get the GT40 race car from GT World Championship in Professional league
 
Originally posted by Quattro
Me and my friend gave the zonda aprox. 1100 bhp
-> NON TURBO !

This thing really goes like hell !

Try it out

c ya

Steve

Heheh ;) I've won the MR Challenge in Pro already. I used the Arta NSX I got from the (I think it was) All Japan GT.

Man! This car rocks! Totally smoked the rest of them. Started lapping the back markers even in Midfield. And this was all drifting all over the place. I'm in love with this car :D
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
You can win the Zonda S in one of the NA championships. Either Amateur or Pro.
OK, I guess that'll be one of the next cars I try.



Alot of people dont like the way the Zonda handles. But trust me,
I know of a way that makes it faster than any car with the same, if not more horsepower.
Basically it involves not really braking! No, just braking for about 75% of the time you would normally and then mashing the throttle. This causes that massive 7.0L Mercedes V12 (The engine in the Zonda) to pull the car around and you can hit the gas BEFORE the apex, pulling thru with way more exit speed than the competition.
But, you'll need my settings before this will work for you.
OK, I know this driving style. I guess it really does have enough power to pull it off. In fact, I was doing just that with the Arta NSX last night. I probably most interested in your LSD settings if you use any.



You also mentioned that you drive cars that you like?
Download any Top Gear episode with the Zonda and you'll fall in love immediately.
Yup, I absolutely drive the cars that I like. And I'll use whatever I need to win the cars that I want. Heheh ;) Like I was using the Esprit.
In any case, I am in love with the Noble M12... Mmmm... Noble M12... Hrhrhrhrhhh...



Clarkson reports on the same problem with the Zondas handling as the people who play GT3 do. He doesnt know how to drive the Zonda which is something I think I could do in a real Zonda.
You da man. I've seen the video not too long ago. Quite honestly, can't say I'm too fond of the Zonda's looks, and I certainly don't like the way the Murcielago looks, but I dig the M12. Think I'll watch it again.

Speaking of Clarkson, though I really believe the M12 is a car with incredible handling, I still have it in the back of my brain that Clarkson was shockingly complimentary on it because Noble is British. I mean, he called the R34 "... It may be a rancid pork chop, but they've (Nissan) put on so much gravy, you wouldn't know the difference."
 
Originally posted by Jokerman
More power is not neccesarily better. Tune it down, run the grippiest tires you can without having to pit (or only pit once depending on the length of the race and your lead). Then mess with the suspension. Any car should, with some tuning and decent enough driving skills and pit schedual, be able to beat the GT40. :cool:

Well, that depends on the car. Same settings don't necesarily mean it will have the same effect on two different cars. Some cars just don't handle as well as others.

I pumped my Arta NSX to 1033bhp, tuned the settings a little, and it still handled like a dream. That car just handles great. Smoked the competition. Oh well, some cars just weren't designed to take power to well...
 
Back