The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
The GE still works in version 2.17 or each update above 2.11.

You can still use it there to get items, such as cars, tuning parts and paint chips. etc. You can also use it to set values in GT Mode, such as getting all the trophies and completing all races, set your A-spec and B-spec in a specific level you'd like them to be, set the day it is in and I think you can still alter some values of your cars in your garage by checking their specific tuning sheets.

However, you cannot change or swap their parts anymore, like the engine, drivetrain, chassis, etc. You cannot also increase or decrease the power of your cars by multiplying them in the tuning sheet, although I'm not sure if the same can be said for their weight and grip since I haven't tried that yet.

So far, this is what I can recall about it, although I think there's more than that which made the features of the GE limited for those versions. But for now, just enjoy the game with it in 2.11. :)

The GE still works in version 2.17 or each update above 2.11.

You can still use it there to get items, such as cars, tuning parts and paint chips. etc. You can also use it to set values in GT Mode, such as getting all the trophies and completing all races, set your A-spec and B-spec in a specific level you'd like them to be, set the day it is in and I think you can still alter some values of your cars in your garage by checking their specific tuning sheets.

However, you cannot change or swap their parts anymore, like the engine, drivetrain, chassis, etc. You cannot also increase or decrease the power of your cars by multiplying them in the tuning sheet, although I'm not sure if the same can be said for their weight and grip since I haven't tried that yet.

So far, this is what I can recall about it, although I think there's more than that which made the features of the GE limited for those versions. But for now, just enjoy the game with it in 2.11. :)
Really I've only messed with credits and paint jobs and stuff so sometime I'll get into editing the cars themselves

OK, finally got the PS3 hooked up to the net and now updating my PS3-GT5. It says 1/27 updates. From what I read in the replies I got, I need to stop at update 23, which will line up with 2.11? I have the original disk. Now at 10/27, so not going too bad after 30 minutes or so. No 10/27 is a whopper at 1192MB

Last edited:
OK, finally got the PS3 hooked up to the net and now updating my PS3-GT5. It says 1/27 updates. From what I read in the replies I got, I need to stop at update 23, which will line up with 2.11? I have the original disk. Now at 10/27, so not going too bad after 30 minutes or so. No 10/27 is a whopper at 1192MB
When update 22 starts press O to cancel and check, because you don't want to go past 2.11 or you have to do your updates all again.

Yep, all done and set at 2.11. I guess now, I disconnect my net cable so the PS3 no longer sees the net and asks me about further updates.

Guys, I can't get the editor to work, any help?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm running version 2.11, made a fresh new save, copied it to my usb, plugged it into the computer, opened it in the GT5 Garage Editor v1.3.1, and everything looked fine. I then bumped my a-spec and b-spec level and pressed the "apply"-buttons, and added the Formula Gran Turismo to my garage. Then I close the editor, ejected the usb, plugged it into my ps3 and copied the save to the harddrive. But then when I open it, there are no changes. I feel like I've tried everything, but it just doesn't work. I've double-checked the version, I've tried changing other values, like game-days and credits, but nothing works. I'm doing everything exactly like they show in all the youtube-video tutorials, or how people describe in here, but it won't work. Is there maybe something I've missed?

When you saved the game settings to the USB, what did the save look like? Mine looks like, PS3>SAVEDATA>BCEXXXXXXXX. Then clicking on the BCE file, there should be 5 or so files. The date and time of the PS3 save will be there on GT5.0 and PARA..PFD.

When you fire up GE, and make changes, and you close out, then go back in and look at the files, does the new save date/time appear to suit when you made the changes?

When I added a car, I use the items tab, choose a car from the 'insert new car Ticket' list, click insert, you will get a message saying Successfully added car ticket. Then at the very bottom, there is a area called, item control. Look in here, and it should list the car(s) you brought over. This shows that the program is working..well that is how I validated it. Otherwise, how you are describing what you did, sounds great...

BUT, I am a beginner at this as well, but all my GE changes seemed to have worked...so far, with a lot of help from the guys here. I am sure some one will help you better when they see your post.

Thank you very much for your response :)

When you fire up GE, and make changes, and you close out, then go back in and look at the files, does the new save date/time appear to suit when you made the changes?

The time and date does change on these two files, but not on the .png files nor the .SFO files, could that maybe be the problem?

Then at the very bottom, there is a area called, item control. Look in here, and it should list the car(s) you brought over. This shows that the program is working

Checked this out, and every car I add goes into that list as well.

Again, thank you for your help :)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm running version 2.11, made a fresh new save, copied it to my usb, plugged it into the computer, opened it in the GT5 Garage Editor v1.3.1, and everything looked fine. I then bumped my a-spec and b-spec level and pressed the "apply"-buttons, and added the Formula Gran Turismo to my garage. Then I close the editor, ejected the usb, plugged it into my ps3 and copied the save to the harddrive. But then when I open it, there are no changes. I feel like I've tried everything, but it just doesn't work. I've double-checked the version, I've tried changing other values, like game-days and credits, but nothing works. I'm doing everything exactly like they show in all the youtube-video tutorials, or how people describe in here, but it won't work. Is there maybe something I've missed?
When you put the USB in your PS3 do you overwrite the save ?.

When you put the USB in your PS3 do you overwrite the save ?.
No, I delete the save on the ps3 first. But even before I copy to the ps3, when the save is still on the usb and I hover over it, the text about how many ingame days have passed etc. remains unchanged

Did you buy a car and save the game and then used the GT5 Garage Editor v1.3.1 ?.

Last edited:
No, it was a completely crisp save, the only car I have is the Toyota 86 GT '12 that you start with
Try another GT5 Garage Editor v1.3.1 and see if it does the same thing, because I remember last year when I used the Garage Editor v1.3.1 and nothing happen like you are having, so I deleted the Garage Editor v1.3.1 and I downloaded another one and it worked fine.

Try another GT5 Garage Editor v1.3.1 and see if it does the same thing, because I remember last year when I used the Garage Editor v1.3.1 and nothing happen like you are having, so I deleted the Garage Editor v1.3.1 and I downloaded another one and it worked fine.

Do you have a link to the one you're currently using?

I have a question, it might be offtopic but does anyone know where can I get a garage editor for gt6 or if possible , can someone make one because all the ones I have found, are for jailbroken ps3, any help is appreciated. :)

I have a question, it might be offtopic but does anyone know where can I get a garage editor for gt6 or if possible , can someone make one because all the ones I have found, are for jailbroken ps3, any help is appreciated. :)
GT6 garage editor only works on a ps3 jailbreak console only.

I'm not sure but I think the nitro feature doesn't work at all. Or maybe I'm just not sure how to trigger it in-game.

so can I ask here by some chance?? Does anyone have every single part value for the stealth, edge camaro and the game stop nascar for the garage editor as I would like to add then to my garage or can someone point me un the right direction where I can find a complete table for the cars and their parts for gt5? Cheers people.

flaxms and GTV0819... I remember reading this on another forum... “You can use nos, it's easy you just go to garage editor and click 90 seconds of nos and then you hit r3 and l3 at the same time.” Never tried it though cause I’m not a NOS fan... but someone let us know if it works...

flaxms and GTV0819... I remember reading this on another forum... “You can use nos, it's easy you just go to garage editor and click 90 seconds of nos and then you hit r3 and l3 at the same time.” Never tried it though cause I’m not a NOS fan... but someone let us know if it works...
But it has to be equipped on the car first before it can work, right?

Here is a Fail Safe procedure that I use when editing any game save with the GE:

1.) Always close the garage before exiting the GE and removing your thumb drive.

2.) If you forget, you often can re-open it and do it correctly so long as you don't do anything else.

3. ) Once you close the garage, restart the GE and re-open your garage. If corrupted it won't open.

4.) Once you know your game save is in good shape, you may have a problem copying it to PS3.

5.) If this happens you will be prompted to delete the "bad" data and use the PS3 backup file.

6.) Do NOT delete the edited data that you know isn't corrupted, despite what the PS3 says.

7.) Turn off the PS3 and restart it. Remove thumb drive and reinsert it firmly and retry again.

8.) The USB port may become loose over time so be gentle, it may take several tries to work.

9.) Always keep extra back-up copies of your game save (thumb drives are cheap!) just in case.

These steps will save you much time and frustration when editing game saves.

EDIT: The GE also saves backups, we just need to copy the folder to a thumb drive in the PS3 / SAVEDATA folder and change the name to match a regular game save.

Last edited:
One of the great cool things about GE is the ability to use the "Tune Sheet' area where you can adjust almost anything with the HP, downforce, suspension, multis, etc. One of the real cool things is being able to adjust the ride heights from gassers to slams,...

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 302 Stroker Drag Race Gasser.jpg
Dodge Challenger RT '70 426 Hemi Drag Race Gasser.jpg
VW 1600 '66 Slammed Super Beetle M.P. III.jpg
VW Typ2(T1) SambaBus '62 Slammed M.P. III.jpg

Does it always work with a stock suspension or do you still have to change it to a certain suspension which has a default raised ride height? I can recall someone saying to change the suspension to a Dodge Ram or VW Samba Bus one if they want that result. Also, what's the values set with the suspension of the golden camaro there and the other muscle car? I'm trying to make a raised sedan in the game and I figured out it may be helpful.

You just have to double click the tune sheet area and you can adjust the heights there on any car any way you wish... Experiment with it to get the desired effect you wish... looking at the regular GT5 adjustments helps so either go above those numbers or below depending on if a gasser, 4 wheeler, or slammer. No one needs to hybrid other cars to the car you are modifying if they simply use the multi area. The other adjustments such as with body code, color and paint codes can give you just about anything your missing you want in your garage including those impossible to get now...

Can someone please send me a link to a current and working GE? I keep getting "unknown error" when i try to load a save game file onto GE. I wanna check and see if its the program, my computer or game save.

Back