The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
Maybe he wasn't able to close the GE properly by clicking the "Exit Garage" (iirc), hence the save data became corrupted.
Once you close Garage, immediately re-open it.
If it opens then the Game Save isn't corrupted,
possibly a loose USB connection at the console.

Flame... Are you sure you loaded the correct game save and correctly cause that is how GE looks when a game save is not loaded. For some reason the game is not loading or being recognized in your GE it seems. Have you modified your game save in any way before ?

hello 2 fast 4 u umm no I've not modified it in anyway, its just a new save I started basically. It worked fine a few months ago on another save no problem at all, but i'll try again tomorrow after work and see if it does it again.

Ok let us all know and wondering what version of GT5 are you using ? I assume it is 2.11 cause it was working before... maybe reload in GT5 a save and re-save then try again...

hello 2 fast 4 u umm no I've not modified it in anyway, its just a new save I started basically. It worked fine a few months ago on another save no problem at all, but i'll try again tomorrow after work and see if it does it again.
Try copying your save file directly from the console to another USB drive that you have. It should work.

I can’t use the Garage Editor no more. My USB Ports on the front of my PS3 have died, I’m heartbroken. :nervous::guilty::mad::banghead:

Anyway to fix them?

I can’t use the Garage Editor no more. My USB Ports on the front of my PS3 have died, I’m heartbroken. :nervous::guilty::mad::banghead:

Anyway to fix them?
Meanwhile, I guess you could take your console's hard drive out and connect it to your PC so you can modify your save file. However, it might be difficult for you to do, since it's inside.

Meanwhile, I guess you could take your console's hard drive out and connect it to your PC so you can modify your save file.
You can’t, the drive is encrypted by the PS3 and cannot be read simply by connecting it. Of course if you have jailbreak, you could, but I doubt he’s using one with jailbreak.

Sorry GTV, that is a big fear of mine also.... I agree with FordL... Send it to any number of the many repair shops that do that kind of work. However,, I'm not sure if they can do anything about the USB ports, but it's certainly worth a call or two. I think there is also a way to get a new PS3 and have the same hard drive so you don't lose anything like the games and saves etc... Some here I'm sure are much more informed about that than I...

Sorry GTV, that is a big fear of mine also.... I agree with FordL... Send it to any number of the many repair shops that do that kind of work. However,, I'm not sure if they can do anything about the USB ports, but it's certainly worth a call or two. I think there is also a way to get a new PS3 and have the same hard drive so you don't lose anything like the games and saves etc... Some here I'm sure are much more informed about that than I...
Hey, no worries. The other guy already said of that matter. So he'll have to find another way of how he can get the save file from his Ps3 and PC then vice versa.

Got a new USB which is a Sandisk 2.0 16GB and it works. Turns out i just needed a new USB stick lol. The other ones I had where cheap ones.

People are also probably aware of this after about 7 years but you can get standard variations of premium cars in the Garage Editor. Including the 787B, GTR Spec-V ‘09, Enzo, F2007, Celica Rally Car ‘95, SL 55 AMG ‘02 etc.

I’m sure you lot know by now but I’ve never seen or heard of anybody using them before. In the closing days of GT5, I’m sure there was a few of them in the OCD.

People are also probably aware of this after about 7 years but you can get standard variations of premium cars in the Garage Editor. Including the 787B, GTR Spec-V ‘09, Enzo, F2007, Celica Rally Car ‘95, SL 55 AMG ‘02 etc.

I’m sure you lot know by now but I’ve never seen or heard of anybody using them before. In the closing days of GT5, I’m sure there was a few of them in the OCD.
Very lucky are those cars. I mean there's no point in buying their standard versions when they already have their premium versions in the game. If anything, the duplication of these exact models only makes the game look unfinished for some reason.

Yep. I even made a tutorial showing how to get the SP models from GTPSP.
I mean there's no point in buying their standard versions when they already have their premium versions in the game.
Not quite. Some of the standard cars, namely the GT by Citroen Concept, Corvette ZR1 and Nissan GT-R Spec V, have some colors that the premium versions do not. And then we have cars like the Shelby Cobra and some Benz (I forget the name) that have tops on them, meanwhile the premium versions do not.

I get what you’re saying though.

If you acquire those standard versions with the unique colors, then maybe you can also get their paint chips and use it on their premium models via GT Auto. That is, if that's the only thing you're prioritizing with those standard models.

Otherwise, not much and I doubt if they're enough to sway the majority into picking them over their premium counterparts but it's good for those who want to collect a lot of paint chips.

As for the standard models with their tops down, well, that's subjective. It will only boil down under one's preference but I think you wouldn't point it out if they also had their tops up or if their premium counterparts also had their tops down.

Last edited:
If you acquire those standard versions with the unique colors, then maybe you can also get their paint chips and use it on their premium models via GT Auto. That is, if that's the only thing you're prioritizing with those standard models.
Except these paints can’t be obtained normally. Fortunately Tim already has the paint codes for them.
As for the standard models with their tops down, well, that's subjective. It will only boil down under one's preference but I think you wouldn't point it out if they also had their tops up or if their premium counterparts also had their tops down.
I am not entirely sure what you’re getting at here, but my point is, they’re not the same as the premium versions and the option to get them with their tops up is there. So they’re not entirely pointless.

Yep. I even made a tutorial showing how to get the SP models from GTPSP.
Not quite. Some of the standard cars, namely the GT by Citroen Concept, Corvette ZR1 and Nissan GT-R Spec V, have some colors that the premium versions do not. And then we have cars like the Shelby Cobra and some Benz (I forget the name) that have tops on them, meanwhile the premium versions do not.

I get what you’re saying though.
Do you know which cars have the colors that the premium cars don’t have?

I am not entirely sure what you’re getting at here, but my point is, they’re not the same as the premium versions and the option to get them with their tops up is there. So they’re not entirely pointless.
Alright but only a few convertible ones and standard cars which have unique colors.

My point still stands for some racing cars and rally cars with both standard and premium models in the game.

I guess that I am opposite of everyone else, my game save has all my favorite Standard Cars in alphabetical order by manufacturer because they are most difficult to locate and I can buy any Premium from the dealer any time I want or just load the ticket for it. Guess I'm just lazy and use the GE for almost everything because it saves time better spent enjoying races. I even paint my cars with the GE. I only load the best dozen or so Paint Chips of each hue so I can look at them for reference or so my brother can paint his cars in-game. There's a lot of paint chips, but taking the time to pick out my favorites, I discovered colors I never would have noticed and make my cars look awesome rather than just okay. I'm into art so colors are one of my favorite things. Love those fancy Pearl Red Chips and the High Impact Mopar colors too. Not everyone is as into colors as me, I get that, but there are quite a few who are, So I am glad these extra Standard Cars have a few more colors that we can pick. I have them in my garage just to have them all, unless it's one I'll never race.

Last edited:
Do you know which cars have the colors that the premium cars don’t have?
I know the PSP Standard cars had some exclusive colors. I think they are mentioned in the paint code topic/thread.
I see those are the ones mentioned above now that I re-read it again. I'm still working on GT5 all the time, which is surprising, I need to get some new thread topics up soon. Cool stuff.

My point still stands for some racing cars and rally cars with both standard and premium models in the game.
Oh believe me, apart from the ones I already mentioned, I don't entirely disagree with it. Though I will admit, I do have all the GTPSP imports in my garage for completion sake.

Though I will admit, I do have all the GTPSP imports in my garage for completion sake.
No need to be dramatic now. And I didn't even asked if you do, anyway plus I didn't point out that you completely disagreed.

Maybe I just don't see the point of going for their standard models instead of their premium counterparts, probably because I'm not really meticulous about those stuff which led me to think it isn't that significant while you do and think it is.

Back