The GT500 Legend: Nihon no Ichiban Driver (Part 2)

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
Hello guys! I'm back to writing again! This is another spin-off and it's somehow connected to my other stories (but just a teeny-weeny bit). The story focuses solely on the Super GT series. And there will be new characters as well.

There might be a sequel for this one, but I don't know.

Enjoy!

Page 1 - Widebody Supra

A sunny summer afternoon at Mt. Hakone... Birds are chirping as if there is something to celebrate. They are flocking all over the mountain road until....

...a loud Formula 1-like sound dominates.

7905585438_2a9095c3bc_c.jpg

A pearl yellow Lexus LFA tears up the mountain road with its deafening sound produced by its 560 HP 4.8 liter V10.

Driving it is a wealthy man in his 20s. He has a shiny, neatly-combed short brown hair. He wears an executive attire, as if he came from work. But actually, he's still a student. He just wore that outfit because he has a party to attend to tonight. The man's name is Daisuke Tanaka. He is a son of a business tycoon in Japan.

Daisuke: "All right, I love this LFA! The sound, the engineering masterpiece, and all the hard work are present in this car!"

7905585068_dd50523e3f_c.jpg

Daisuke: "This is a good investment, I must say."

7905584668_0068dd29fd_c.jpg

The next day, Daisuke is once again running late for school. When he arrived at the building's corridor, sweating, he sees his classmate and best-friend named Nobuhiko Hiramoto outside the classroom. Nobuhiko is younger than Daisuke, he has a black short spiky hair with a plaster on his nose.

Daisuke: "Hey, what happened to your nose?"

Nobuhiko: "House-related mishap. I didn't know that you'll be late too..."

Daisuke: "The party took all night, that's why."

Nobuhiko: "I see. Anyways, have you done the homework in Math?"

Daisuke: "Oh crap! I forgot!"

Nobuhiko: "I guess someone here is irresponsible."

Then the teacher lets them in. The two are reprimanded for being late and they are now in their respective seats.

Nobuhiko notices his female classmate with a long orange hair seating beside him giggling.

Nobuhiko: "What's the matter, Kasumi? Something funny?"

Kasumi: "Heehee... I like that yellow plaster on your nose."

Nobuhiko: "I popped a small pimple last night."

Kasumi: "Awwww.... Wait, you're still having pimples? At 20?"

Nobuhiko: "Mind your own business."

Kasumi: "Heehee... Hey, I'm just trying to lighten you up. You're always grumpy or silent every morning. Is something wrong?"

Nobuhiko: "Nothing. Just listen to Sensei's lecture."

At the afternoon, Kasumi, Daisuke, and Nobuhiko are out from school heading home. Kasumi waits for someone to arrive, but the two boys decided to stop and have a talk with her.

Daisuke: "Kasumi-chan, do you always have to wait for someone to arrive?"

Kasumi: "I wait for Papa to arrive."

Daisuke: "Oh, okay."

Kasumi: "How about you, Daisuke? I thought you have a car?"

Daisuke: "I parked nearby the school."

Nobuhiko just walks away, with his hand waving goodbye. Then a blue Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG arrives.

7905585858_4cf04d1227_c.jpg

Kasumi gets in the passenger seat of the car and then leaves.

Daisuke: "Hey, wait up!"

Daisuke catches up with Nobuhiko.

Nobuhiko: "I thought you're having a lovely chat with her."

Daisuke: "Hey, you just left us!"

Nobuhiko: "Where do you park?"

Daisuke: "At a parking lot just across the street. Well, there it is. See ya tomorrow!"

Nobuhiko: "See ya."

Daisuke crosses the street and enters in his LFA.

Nobuhiko: "You have a lot of money and guts to drive that car for your age."

Nobuhiko continues to walk and enters a train station. He immediately rides the train and then gets out at the Shibuya station. He walks a bit further, until he reaches his home. When he entered, he takes off his shoes.

Nobuhiko: "Tadaima."

Then his mother named Kyoko comes out from the living room.

Kyoko: "Okaerinasai."

Nobuhiko: "What's for dinner?"

Kyoko: "Sukiyaki. You want that, right? You kept bugging me about it last night."

Nobuhiko: "All right. I'll go upstairs and rest for a while. Wake me up when its served, okay?"

An hour later, Daisuke is tearing up his LFA once again at a nearby mountain pass.

Daisuke: "All right, let's go LFA!"

He goes on full throttle. Approaching a corner, he steps on the brake pedal and pulls the left paddle to shift down. The car corners with finesse. Then the car reached 80 km/h, deploying its rear wing.

Then at a straight, he hears a very loud exhaust sound.

Daisuke: "Something's coming... and it's very loud!"

7905582930_ef0fe8134d_c.jpg

He looks at the rear-view mirror.

Daisuke: "A white Toyota Supra!"

The widebody Supra slows down, as if challenging Daisuke to a duel.

7905583234_7f28d10e5a_c.jpg

Daisuke: "You asked for it! Let's go!"

He once again buries his right foot on the throttle. The two cars start the race.

Daisuke: "Think you can keep up with my LFA's cornering?"

At a corner, the Supra easily does that.

7905582528_2fe3757639_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Nice trick."

However, at the next corner, the LFA had an excess speed entering at it. As a result, it understeers.

7905582122_0c611cc711_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Crap!"

But oddly, the Supra just sticks to the LFA's pace.

7905581738_837a5e066b_c.jpg

Daisuke: "I am not playing games, Mr. Supra!"

Then the Supra overtakes the LFA after another corner.

7905581424_c52d43340f_c.jpg

Then Daisuke hears something strange from that Supra.

Daisuke: "The Supra sounds... different."

7905581048_3841834c08_c.jpg

He tries to corner the LFA the same speed as the Supra does, but once again it ends up understeering.

7905580752_7b13abe334_c.jpg

Daisuke: "That wide body and those wide tires make that Supra fly through the corners!"

Then the Supra instantly outruns Daisuke's LFA.

7905580364_a76a12d74e_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Just how many horsepower does your Supra have?"

End of Page 1

lol. It's embarrassing to drive that damn LFA. I kept understeering everywhere, just to avoid spinning out. :P

Page 2 - The Castrol Man

The widebody Supra is now out of sight. Daisuke cannot believe at what just transpired. It's short, but unbelievable for him.

Daisuke: "That Supra.... It's like a phantom. I always thought that Supras are rather porky. But that one over there moves like a bullet! Even at the corner exits!"

At sunset, he had returned to Tokyo.

When he arrived at his big mansion at night, Daisuke immediately goes to his room and opens his computer. He browses through the internet as usual. Then he remembers what had transpired a while back. But there is one thing that Daisuke can't put his finger on.

Daisuke: "That sound... Is that really a sound that a 2JZ-GTE makes? As far as I know, an inline-6 engine has a unique pitch."

He has visited YouTube to watch some revving Supra videos, but none match the one that he heard from that Supra he encountered.

Daisuke: "Shoot! None of them match the one that I've heard. If that's the case, then he has swapped the engine? Why? Why would he take out the powerful 2JZ twin turbo from the Supra? It's something that a tuner can dream of. That engine can reach as high as 1000 horsepower!"

He goes out of the mansion and stays at the garden to puff a smoke. While smoking his cigarette, he hears his neighbor's heavily-tuned Toyota Celica GT4 revving. To Daisuke's shock, it matches the sound that he heard from the Supra.

Daisuke: "A 3S-GTE unit!? WHY!? I don't know how someone has the guts to put in a 3S-GTE unit in a Supra! What benefit could it possibly have?"

He goes back to his room to make further research about the engine in question.

Daisuke: "Of course... it's light! The Supra is said to be so front-heavy, that the weight distribution is not ideal for an FR car. So the 3S-GTE unit replaces the heavy 2JZ to have a better weight distribution! Add that aerodynamic body, and it's a track monster!"

The next day, after school, Daisuke stops by at a big mall in which his family owns. While walking to the entrance, he once again sees that Supra. Then its driver comes out, wearing a race suit that matches the car's Castrol livery.

7905584180_538373848e_c.jpg

Daisuke is intrigued and approaches the driver.

Daisuke: "So you're the one that I yesterday, huh? Why are you in that outfit? People will find it weird."

The driver does not reply.

Daisuke: "All right, then I'll call you as The Castrol Man. Is it okay?"

He goes around that mysterious driver.

7905583818_3f0a045d52_c.jpg

7905583532_3d801cf6d8_c.jpg

And then Daisuke proceeds to check the Supra.

Daisuke: "The interior is stripped out. And there's a sequential gear lever! Well then, you have a nice Supra you have. But I won't lose to you next time! See you at the tracks!"

He walks away, proceeding to the entrance. He looks back, and then he sees The Castrol Man talking to a middle-aged man. Those two have entered the car and leave the mall.

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Daisuke's GT500 Machine

The next day, Kasumi is in the classroom. She got in rather too early, that she is alone.

Kasumi: "Nuts... I woke up too early today. Hmmmm... but it's Friday today, and I can sleep all night!"

She stands up and doodles on the blackboard to keep her from being bored. She practices her Kanji writing, since she performs poorly in the Calligraphy class. Then she sees the door slide open, it's Daisuke and Nobuhiko who are surprisingly early.

Kasumi: "Good morning, guys!"

Nobuhiko: "Morning, Kasumi."

She notices that Daisuke is not in a good mood.

Kasumi: "Hmmmm... something wrong, Daisuke-kun?"

Daisuke: "Nah, I'm fine..."

Kasumi: "Oh really? Your face tells otherwise."

Daisuke: "I lost in a race yesterday. A Supra defeated my LFA!"

Kasumi: "A Supra? Hmmmm.... is that a popular sports car?"

Daisuke: "Yes. It's a 1990s sports car that still has a large amount of followers and owners even until now. But the one I faced yesterday is a different animal."

Kasumi: "I see. Well, defeat is part of one's life, you know?"

Daisuke: "I know. But that Supra tells me something..."

Kasumi: "Which is?"

Daisuke: "Something about challenging me of some sorts. I can't decipher."

Nobuhiko: "You're just wasting your fuel."

Daisuke: "He has no idea.... That I am a GT500 driver in the Super GT!"

Kasumi: "Oh, you're gonna be absent next week, right? You have a race?"

Daisuke: "That's right. Hey, can the two of you watch me? You know, for support."

Kasumi: "No problem! Nobu-kun and I can cut class for you!"

Nobuhiko scratches his head.

When the school ended in the afternoon, Nobuhiko and Kasumi just came out together.

Kasumi: "I wonder where Daisuke-kun is?"

Nobuhiko: "Oh, he got out immediately after our class was dismissed. He has a practice session in Motegi, he says."

Kasumi: "Awwwww.... the three of us uses to have a snack first before we head home! Oh well, there's my car."

The C63 AMG stops in front of her.

Nobuhiko: "Bye."

Kasumi: "Hey Nobu-kun, how about we hang out tomorrow? Just the two of us! Haha!"

Nobuhiko: "Ummmm.... uh.... sure. No problem!"

Kasumi: "Okay, it's set! Tomorrow at 10 am, okay? We'll go to Akihabara. Bye!"

As Kasumi gets in the car, Nobuhiko shows a smile and waves his hand.

At the Twin Ring Motegi, a Lexus SC430 GT500 tears up the track.

7909852396_ba090028b8_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Heh, this would give that Supra a hard time. This has a 4.3 liter V8 under the hood! And this car has a 50:50 weight distribution!"

7909851876_0a603be3c7_c.jpg

7909851464_4c865968c2_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Superb cornering! The SC430's bodykit isn't for show! This has the most advanced aerodynamics! All Super GT cars are like that now. I can easily beat you with this thing."

7909851026_298412f1b5_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Get ready, Mr. Castrol Man! I'll send your Supra back to the museum!"

At night, the Supra once again tears up at Hakone.

7909850574_8e15e1cf37_c.jpg

7909850050_5b66dfff05_c.jpg

7909849700_6586935938_c.jpg

7909849290_7b66d00462_c.jpg

Some of the onlookers are amazed at the Supra's high speed cornering. Among the crowd, there stands a man named Kaido. He just crosses his arms and shows a grin on his face.

Kaido: "I am the one who worked on that Supra.... Heh, it's actually resurrected. This is going to be fun...

...an old JGTC machine challenges the most sophisticated Super GT machines!"

End of Page 3

Page 4 - The Little Secret

At Saturday early morning, the Castrol-themed Supra race car once again tears up, this time in Tsukuba Circuit.

7909849010_d48d57dcd9_c.jpg

7909848580_8c40dd948e_c.jpg

At the first corner, the Supra glides through it without any problem. The wide body and sticky slick tires are up to the task.

7909848192_1e6b3120b0_c.jpg

It seems that the tires have warmed up properly, as evident in the Supra's cornering line. And its lightweight turbocharged engine provides excellent response at the corner exits.

7909847760_300031783c_c.jpg

7909847332_45bcbe5daa_c.jpg

Then it had set a lap time of 50.6 seconds.

7909846944_572683058d_c.jpg

And it starts another lap...

At 11 in the morning, Kasumi waits for Nobuhiko at the school's gates. She holds a picnic basket. A slight gust of wind blows by as she waits for him.

Kasumi: "I wonder what takes Nobu-kun so long?"

Then 10 minutes later, Nobuhiko finally arrives.

Nobuhiko: "Have you got my text message? I said that I will be here at 11. I had an errand to do, I'm sorry."

Kasumi: "It's okay. Besides, the weather is nice today."

The two now get in the subway. Once they got in the train, it got crowded in an instant as it stopped the next station. Kasumi had to hold Nobuhiko's hand so that they won't get separated. The latter got a little surprised, but he understood it somehow. Kasumi blushes upon doing so.

When the train arrived at the next station, the two got off, still holding hands. But Kasumi immediately takes her hand off from Nobuhiko.

Kasumi: "We're in Akihabara. Where shall we stop by first?"

Nobuhiko: "I don't know. Maybe you should pick."

So Kasumi leads him to various places around Akihabara. They even take pictures of the cosplay boys and girls and Gothic Lolitas.

Feeling hungry, the two are at the park. They sit on the grass and Kasumi opens up her picnic basket. She shows Nobuhiko an Onigiri (rice ball) that is shaped as Nobuhiko's face.

Kasumi: "For you, Nobu-kun!"

Nobuhiko smiles and takes the Onigiri.

Nobuhiko: "Nice!"

Kasumi: "I hope it tastes good. I made it myself."

He takes a bite from the big Onigiri. Kasumi is crossing her fingers.

Nobuhiko: "Mmmmm... it tastes good. I like it."

Kasumi: "Thank you very much! Well, ummmmm...."

Nobuhiko: "What is it?"

Kasumi: "The reason we're doing this because I want to get to know you more. You're always silent and you don't tell much about yourself."

Nobuhiko: "As if my life is interesting."

Kasumi: "Friends want to get to know more about themselves, right?"

Nobuhiko: "Okay..."

Kasumi: "Hmmmm.... where should I start? Ah! What does your family do for a living?"

Nobuhiko: "My mom... works at a mochi shop."

Kasumi: "What about your dad?"

Nobuhiko looks up at the sunny sky for a brief moment.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun?"

Nobuhiko: "He... passed away when I was a kid."

Kasumi: "I'm sorry."

Nobuhiko: "What about you? What does your family do for a living?"

Kasumi: "Well... my parents are abroad."

Nobuhiko: "I see. So you live alone, I guess."

Kasumi: "That's right."

Nobuhiko: "Then who is the one that picks you up everyday in school?"

Kasumi: "Ummmm.... my relative."

Nobuhiko: "I see."

Nobuhiko continues to consume the Onigiri and Kasumi starts to eat as well.

At the evening, Nobuhiko arrives home just in time for dinner. He joins his mother at the dining table.

Nobuhiko: "Itadakimasu."

Kyoko: "Itadakimasu."

The two start to eat. Kyoko grabs a soy sauce and puts some on a small plate.

Kyoko: "So, how's your day?"

Nobuhiko: "It's great."

Kyoko: "At least you're lightening up. I hope you keep that up."

Nobuhiko: "I have moved on already. I'll be happy if there's something to be happy about."

Kyoko: "You should smile all the time, Nobuhiko. And think positive."

Nobuhiko: "I guess so..."

After dinner and then helping out his mother wash the dishes, Nobuhiko heads upstairs and browses through the internet with his laptop. After an hour, he turns it off and opens the wardrobe.

He puts on the white race suit with red and green patterns on it. He also puts on his gloves. Then he takes the helmet and holds it upon going downstairs.

Kyoko: "Heading out?"

Nobuhiko: "Yeah."

Kyoko: "Take care."

Nobuhiko puts on his helmet upon heading out. Then he stands in front of the Supra.

7912398534_2acfb9606d_c.jpg

7912397534_83ab8427c1_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Shall I really do this? Super GT is fast approaching..."

He gets in the car and starts it up. The race-tuned 3S-GTE roars to life, and the Supra heads to parts unknown.

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Death Anniversary

The three friends come out from school once again, with Kasumi applauding to Nobuhiko.

Kasumi: "Amazing! You got the highest score in the test today!"

Nobuhiko scratches his head.

Nobuhiko: "Ehehehehe... Hey, I was just lucky, that's all."

Daisuke: "Hey, you two should better watch me tomorrow, okay? You can even pay me a visit at the pit lane and check my car!"

Kasumi: "That's our plan! We will cut class for you! Heeheehee..."

Daisuke: "Haha! Thanks!"

Once again, the Mercedes arrives and Kasumi enters in the car and then leaves. Daisuke also leaves, with his hand waving goodbye at Nobuhiko.

Nobuhiko, meanwhile, waits for someone to arrive.

Nobuhiko: "He's... rather late."

A few minutes later, a yellow Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 arrives. Driving that car is none other than Kaido.

7920002260_3399625a20_c.jpg

Nobuhiko goes to the passenger side, lifts up the scissor door and then gets in the car.

Nobuhiko: "Is this Lambo tuned as well?"

Kaido: "Nah, I only gave it a visual make-over. Other than that, it's pretty much stock."

Kaido steps on the accelerator, and the car moves with cruising speed. Nobuhiko just glances at the window, looking at the sky.

Kaido: "You do know what day it is today, right?"

Nobuhiko: "Yes..."

Kaido: "Then let me take you to somewhere special. But first, we'll stop by at a flower shop."

After getting a bouquet of flowers, they head out once again. After an hour or so in traveling, they arrived at Suzuka Circuit.

7912401248_3a4c771bea_c.jpg

Kaido buries the throttle, and the 640 HP V12 screams. The acceleration is immense despite the weight disadvantage.

The Murcielago shows absolute stability through the corners, thanks to its permanent 4WD system. But Kaido also feathers the throttle, as he knows that Lamborghinis are temperamental and that one wrong move can kill.

7912400582_b51d1433e3_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "You haven't lost your touch, Kaido-san."

Kaido: "Hah! Everyone says that. But I have gotten over from racing a long time ago, kid."

Then they stopped by at the infamous high speed 130R corner.

7912399634_b42d6c1f18_c.jpg

Nobuhiko gets out from the car, carrying the bouquet of flowers. He lays them down on a barrier. Then he closes his eyes to reminisce.

15 years ago, Nobuhiko's father named Hiroyuki Hiramoto, is racing at what could have been his last race in his career, since he is about to retire.

7912396912_35814e840b_c.jpg

The JGTC Supra just blazes by, even though it's just the qualifying event.

7912396288_fc495ffb51_c.jpg

It had posted the fastest lap times after each lap. The crowds were going wild.

7912395402_b14aaf909e_c.jpg

Then Hiroyuki talks over the radio, his son is on the other line.

Hiroyuki: "This race, I'll do it for you."

Nobuhiko: "Go, Otoosan! You can do it! You can grab the pole position!"

Suddenly, the car did not slow down approaching the 130R corner.

7912394754_5e03ae3ee2_c.jpg

Then it had a severe crash due to high speed.

7912394130_62af02b39c_c.jpg

Seeing that video from the pits, the young Nobuhiko rushes to the scene, crying out loud. Kyoko chases after him as well.

When they arrived at the wreckage, the marshals pull out the lifeless body of Hiroyuki. Devastated, the boy goes at his father's side and shakes him vigorously.

Nobuhiko: "Otoosan! Otoosan! Wake up! Wake up!"

But to no avail... his father had bit the dust. Nobuhiko weeps on his father's body.

After the investigation and autopsy, it turns out that the car did not suffer from any performance issues just before the crash. What killed Hiroyuki is actually a heart attack. He had passed away already just before the crash happened.

The boy's dreams and inspirations are gone. What's worse, everyone in the racing community had just forgotten his father's name. Nobuhiko would just look at the wrecked Supra every morning just before he goes to school.

One day, though, Kaido arrived and offered to restore the car at no cost since he was Hiroyuki's crew chief and close friend.

Upon reaching 18, Nobuhiko starts to race, under Kaido's wing. And he wears the Castrol-themed racing suit and helmet that his father used to wear.

The flashback ends...

Nobuhiko then opened his eyes, with a single tear coming out.

Nobuhiko: "Otoosan... I'll make people remember your name again. I swear! I will make the Hiramoto name to be feared in Super GT with your car!"

With eyes filled with determination and his fists clenching, he goes back to Kaido's car.

Nobuhiko: "Let's go."

Kaido: "Huh, you look so determined now. You used to be so blank..."

Nobuhiko: "My resolve starts here. Tomorrow, the Hiramoto name shall be feared!"

Kaido: "That's the spirit, boy! The happy and determined Nobu I know from his younger days is back!"

The next day, at a circuit just outskirts of Tokyo, many spectators gather to witness the official start of the Super GT season. A lot of GT500 and GT300 cars are on the pits, with racing crews busy setting up their cars.

Daisuke is also busy setting up his SC430. Then Kasumi arrives to support her friend.

Kasumi: "Daisuke-kun!"

Daisuke: "Kasumi-chan! Thank you for coming! Oh wait, where's Nobuhiko?"

Kasumi: "He'll arrive later, he said. Wow, so many beautiful cars here! Come, let's take a look at them!"

Daisuke: "Sure!"

Then they walk along the pit lane. Kasumi is awestruck with the cars that she sees. Then they walk past by at a closed pit garage. Little do they notice that there's a writing on the garage door:

平本

Which means: "Hiramoto".

Then as they are about to go back, that garage door opens, and Nobuhiko comes out, wearing his father's race suit and helmet.

Daisuke: "Well well well... look who's here to show up. It's Mr. Castrol Man.

Kasumi: "Hi there, Mr. Castrol Man!"

Nobuhiko puts his hands on the helmet and slowly takes it off.

End of Page 5

Last edited:
Page 6 - A Game of Tag

Daisuke: "Come on, show yourself!"

Upon removing the helmet, Kasumi and Daisuke are totally shocked.

Kasumi: "No...Nobu-kun!?"

Daisuke: "Nobuhiko!?"

Nobuhiko: "What, did you wet your pants or something? I was playing with you all along. I'm your best friend, right? And we always play together."

Daisuke: "I thought... I thought you don't race at all! You're always silent!"

Nobuhiko: "I don't really tell about my dreams back then. Now with my renewed resolve, I am here rebuilding the dream that was once shattered!"

Daisuke: "With that Supra of yours, you think you can beat me and the other modern-day Super GT machines?"

Nobuhiko: "It's not WHAT you drive; it's HOW you drive that matters."

Daisuke: "Right... right."

Nobuhiko: "Remember the time that we always play tag when we were kids?"

Daisuke: "And you're always the "it" first?"

Nobuhiko: "Then at the end of the day, you're the "it"?"

Daisuke: "Not gonna happen this time, Nobu."

Nobuhiko: "Let's see.... Daisuke-chan!!!"

Nobuhiko joins Kaido in setting up his Supra. Daisuke is taken by shock, and his hands are shaking.

Kasumi: "Are you okay?"

Daisuke: "I can't believe it. Since when Nobuhiko started racing? By the time that Supra chased me back then... It's as if he's a veteran!"

Kasumi: "Whatever happens, I would be here for you two."

Then the race has started with fireworks display.

7920009380_28033ab666_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "All right. I'll make everyone remember who my father was!"

Then the crowd starts to talk among themselves upon seeing Nobuhiki's Supra.

"Isn't that Hiroyuki Hiramoto's legendary Supra? It was destroyed, right?"

7920008962_eb63ffd1b3_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "All right, a good start! Toyota really made a stupid decision to replace the Supra with that SC430."

Then it overtakes another Supra.

7920008596_8c82f524ef_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What are the chances? But mine has a better power-to-weight ratio!"

Then he sets his sights on the 2 NSXs.

7920008162_3a38dfee14_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I have a big respect on the Honda NSX. But not this time, though. Pardon me, for I shall pass you, NSX-sama!"

The Supra overtakes the NSX with late braking upon approaching the next corner.

7920007716_deff121a03_c.jpg

7920007238_0504a6b8df_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Maybe you're wondering, Daisuke. How did I learn to race? It's simple... My inspiration was my father, until it was shattered due to his tragic death. But when everyone forgot who he was, I was devastated, and I vowed myself to restore my father's honor! Kaido-san taught me how to race."

Meanwhile, Daisuke looks at the screen which displays the rear camera view. He sees Nobuhiko's Supra coming at him.

7920006822_b25538f285_c.jpg

Daisuke: "You really are eager to tag me, huh?"

Nobuhiko's Supra and Daisuke's SC430 display equal speed.

7920006394_07a704b537_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Hmmmmm.... Toyota's 4.3 liter V8 does pack a punch, huh? But, has the SC430 won anything at all since its debut in Super GT? Heh, I'm afraid it's always coming out as the loser."

7920005934_514722f06f_c.jpg

7920005546_e5c65388ca_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I gotta admit, you are hard to catch when we play tag. But... it'll happen. Just wait, Daisuke."

Nobuhiko notices that the other cars are pressuring behind him.

7920005218_090375561b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I gotta make my move now! I don't want things to get complicated."

Nobuhiko's Supra is now just inches behind Daisuke's SC430.

7920004788_3160513420_c.jpg

Daisuke: "I have to block him!"

Then Nobuhiko steps harder on the accelerator, his Supra gained more speed and he intended to tap the SC430's rear bumper.

7920004230_e42beb1927_c.jpg

Daisuke feels that bump.

Daisuke: "What the!?"

Nobuhiko: "Tag! Now, you're it!"

Nobuhiko makes a move. The two cars are side by side.

7920003802_65ac8a7140_c.jpg

At the hairpin, Nobuhiko's Supra now squeezes past by Daisuke's SC430.

7920003448_cb2a4b7437_c.jpg

Daisuke tries to "tag" Nobuhiko, but the Supra is fast enough to pull away.

7920003076_4c172ac73a_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Sorry, you won't be able to catch me."

The Supra goes on full throttle, displaying all of its power.

7920002652_beea81dcef_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Game Over, Daisuke."

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Potential Recruit

After the race, Nobuhiko is in the pit garage taking off his race suit and helmet. Kaido congratulates him for the victory while he is inspecting the Supra for damages.

Kaido: "That's a great start, kiddo. And you showed off to your best friend as well."

Nobuhiko: "I just have to do what I have to do."

Kaido: "That sounds familiar. I know of someone who also said that when he won a race."

Nobuhiko: "Anyways, it's such a great day today."

He goes out and looks at the sunny sky.

Nobuhiko: "Otoosan.... this is just the beginning. I'll make you proud."

Then Kasumi approaches and hugs him.

Kasumi: "You won! Congratulations!"

Nobuhiko: "I didn't expect that you would support me. I thought you're for Daisuke, right?"

Kasumi: "Hey, you're my friend too. So it's normal to support you as well."

Nobuhiko: "Hmph. Go to Daisuke now, I'm sure he needs you on his side."

Kasumi: "Oh. Okay."

Kasumi leaves Nobuhiko as instructed.

The next day, the whole class is talking about the race yesterday. Daisuke, on the other hand, is grumpy due to his loss yesterday.

Daisuke: "Great, I'm being beaten by my best friend. That was really unexpected, Kasumi-chan."

Kasumi: "It's okay. Besides, Nobu-kun downplayed his victory after all. He didn't make fuss about it."

Daisuke: "It's just unreal... He's young, but how he races is similar to a veteran! And..."

Kasumi: "And what?"

Daisuke: "...I got tagged."

Kasumi: "Wow. Nobu-kun is really amazing, huh?"

Then Nobuhiko enters the classroom, and then the whole class got silent. He didn't mind it at all and he goes to his seat. Then he goes to sleep. Some of their classmates just murmured.

"For him, it's like nothing happened at all!"

Daisuke then stands up and goes to Nobuhiko.

Daisuke: "Hey, that was one hell of a race yesterday. You're skilled."

Nobuhiko does not reply.

Daisuke: "Well, next time, it won't be so easy."

Nobuhiko: "Oh really?"

Then Nobuhiko stands up in an instant. He attempts to touch Daisuke, but Daisuke runs away. The two chase each other around the room.

Kasumi: "You're not kids anymore, dammit!"

The tables are a hindrance for Daisuke, but then Nobuhiko just jumps over them.

Daisuke: "Hah, I don't know that you're athletic after all."

Daisuke stops in front of a table. Suddenly, Nobuhiko just landed and crouches on it and then taps on Daisuke's back. Daisuke looks back and he is intimidated by Nobuhiko's cold stare.

Nobuhiko puts up a grin on his face.

Nobuhiko: "You're "it" again, Daisuke. You're too slow."

Daisuke: ("Has he changed? Why is Nobu like that now?")

Then he attempts to touch Nobuhiko. But Nobuhiko jumps back and lands on another table. The class is amazed. Then Nobuhiko reaches out his hand and signals Daisuke to come at him.

Daisuke slowly approaches him, and then attempts again to touch Nobuhiko. But Nobuhiko backflips and lands on another table.

Class: "Woah..."

Daisuke: "What the!?"

Nobuhiko: "What? I thought you aspire to be the fastest GT500 driver ever? How is that possible when you can't even touch me in a game of tag?"

However, their teacher comes in.

Teacher: "What is this all about? Return to your seats!"

Nobuhiko steps down and then returns to his seat. Everyone does the same as well.

At the afternoon, Kasumi is looking for Nobuhiko around the school. Daisuke comes out from the cafeteria.

Daisuke: "Let's go, Kasumi. I think Nobu went ahead of us."

Kasumi: "I want to talk to him..."

Daisuke: "Well, you can do it tomorrow."

Kasumi: "Sigh... Nobu-kun has changed in an instant. He has gotten more confident."

Daisuke: "Why wouldn't he? Japan's Parkour champion and a Karate black-belter? And now, a soon-to-be GT500 champion? I wish I have those traits. Nobu is really an athletic guy. I already knew that when we were kids. His nimbleness is the key as to why he gets to tag me."

Kasumi: "I'm sure he'll catch me in an instant if we play tag too."

Meanwhile, Nobuhiko arrives happily in his home. He takes off his shoes and heads upstairs.

Kyoko: "Nobuhiko, how's your day?"

Nobuhiko: "Fantastic!"

Kyoko: "Let me guess, you played tag with Daisuke again, huh? You're grown ups now, you know? And you utter that word when you get to tag him."

Nobuhiko: "Well, yesterday and today are good for me. So it's just fantastic!"

Kyoko: "I'll call you when dinner is served, okay? Just have some rest."

Nobuhiko enters his room and dresses up.

At the Tanaka mansion, Daisuke in his room, browsing the internet. He goes to the Super GT website and goes at the Highlights. He views the pictures of yesterday's race, especially Nobuhiko's Supra. Then he goes to the Forums and clicks on the thread about the race. He is reading at the comments, and then he is suddenly shocked at what he discovered.

Daisuke: "Nobu is the son of Hiroyuki Hiramoto? Let me Google that name."

He goes to that search engine and types the name. Pictures of Hiroyuki come out. He clicks on one of them and it leads him to another article about that person.

Daisuke: "Hiroyuki once won all the races in JGTC, huh? Using that same Supra!?"

Meanwhile, back at Nobuhiko's house, a man wearing a black racing suit and helmet stands in front.

7928939594_6a376c5fff_c.jpg

7928938818_14335fb193_c.jpg

"A potential recruit, you say? Winning one race is not enough... I'll give him a noogie if I found out that Nobuhiko is not what I've expected. But he is the son of a legend."

7928938306_7e7815b0c5_c.jpg

The next day, Kasumi is eager to talk to Nobuhiko and waits all morning in the classroom. When everyone came in, and even the teacher, Nobuhiko is absent. The girl just shows a disappointed face.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun... where are you?"

It turns out that Nobuhiko has skipped school. He headed to Suzuka Circuit instead.

7928937834_daa2ed2279_c.jpg

7928937370_4e2145891a_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Kaido-san has really done a wonderful job on restoring this beast. He's one hell of a tuner."

7928936900_55e2f9d0cc_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "With this, I am more confident than ever."

Nobuhiko steps hard on the accelerator, and the two turbos installed by Kaido on the 3S-GTE engine provide boost on demand.

7928936516_8dc5133215_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "There's minimal lag. I love how this car boosts!"

Then once again, he stops by at the 130R corner.

7928935906_bfb8ce0389_c.jpg

He steps out of the car and lays some flowers once more.

Nobuhiko: "Otoosan, your car is very magnificent. No wonder you grew attached to it. It served you well... and it does the same to me right now. I will win all the races in SUPER GT for you! I promise."

End of Page 7

Page 8 - An Old Rivalry

The next morning, Nobuhiko heads to school earlier than the usual time. He is at the school's quadrangle, sitting on a bench. Then he receives a phone call from Kaido.

Nobuhiko: "Hello? Why call so early, Kaido-san?"

Kaido: "The next race will be on the Nurburgring GP in Germany. So pack your bags."

Nobuhiko: "When?"

Kaido: "Next week. Oh, I have some more good news."

Kaido: "An FIA racing team is looking for a potential recruit. The winner of the round will have a spot on that team. And if you're in, then you'll get to race in the prestigious 24 Hours of Nurburgring."

Nobuhiko: "Sounds wonderful. That's more than enough motivation for me."

Kaido: "Then we're all set. I'll buy the tickets now, okay? Have a nice day."

The call ends. Then Kasumi arrives and sits with him.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun...."

Nobuhiko: "What is it, Kasumi?"

Kasumi: "Well, ummm...."

Nobuhiko: "Come on, spill it."

Kasumi: "Hmmmm... how about we go the amusement park next week? You know, just the two of us again."

Nobuhiko: "I'm sorry, but I have to pass on that. I have a race in Germany on that day."

Kasumi: "I see. Right, you are a racer like Daisuke-kun."

Nobuhiko: "Kasumi..."

Kasumi: "Yes?"

Nobuhiko: "I guess you could find a better friend than me."

Kasumi: "Why? You're so kind and talented. And, I... like you. I want to be with you..."

Nobuhiko: "I like you too, but to be honest, I can't focus on two things at the same time. I don't want to start a relationship will always be strained due to career commitments. I don't want that. In fact, I broke up with my first girlfriend because we can't make it work; because I race a lot and that's where I focus."

Kasumi: "I understand."

Nobuhiko: "Sorry, if what I said had hurt you."

He puts his hand on her shoulder.

Nobuhiko: "You are a wonderful person, Kasumi. You deserve someone better."

Kasumi looks to him and then stands up smiling at him.

Kasumi: "It's okay, no problem at all! I respect your decision. Hey, ummmm... I gotta go to the library and make some research about our project. See ya later!"

She leaves him, with teary eyes. She wipes off her tears using her handkerchief.

Kasumi: "I love you... Nobu-kun. Never mind I'll find someone like you. I wish nothing but the best for you."

While the class is in session, Kasumi keeps on staring at Nobuhiko who is taking down notes.

Kasumi: ("Is this really the last time I'll be with you? Or even see you? You're the only man that I like.")

Teacher: "Kasumi, are you okay?"

Kasumi: "Yes, ma'am."

Then she starts taking down notes as well.

Meanwhile, in Nurburgring GP in Germany, a racing crew is busy setting up a Yellow Hat Nissan GT-R GT500 in preparation for next week's race. A Spanish man in his 50s is overseeing the work. His name is Ignacio Reyes and he is also a race car driver. Upon knowing that one of his teammates lost the first race and Nobuhiko Hiramoto joined the race, he decided to drive for the 2nd round.

After setting up the car, he sets off to have a practice run.

7929652038_a69b1e0068_c.jpg

Ignacio: "Hiramoto.... That name... It reminded me of a very good friend and rival. Hiroyuki was one the greatest drivers I've known."

The GT-R shows some understeer.

7929651554_17d51d1378_c.jpg

Ignacio: "Hmmmmm.... a few more tweaks in the suspension would do."

7929651114_05e0646df3_c.jpg

Ignacio: "I have to make that race worthwhile for me and Nobuhiko! I will retire soon..."

7929650678_a0e2033b53_c.jpg

Ignacio: "Nobuhiko, can you remind me of your father for one last time?"

7929650204_767917e1e1_c.jpg

End of Page 8

Last edited:
Page 9 - Heading to The Green Hell

Two days later, Nobuhiko and Kaido are now at Tokyo's Haneda Airport. After checking in, they stroll around the airport to do some window shopping. While at it, Nobuhiko glances at the large window overlooking the runway and the airplanes as well.

Nobuhiko: "Kaido-san, this is the first time I left the country."

Kaido: "Really? I thought you used to tag along with your father in every race?"

Nobuhiko: "Nah, only his races here."

Kaido: "I see. So, are you ready for the race?"

Nobuhiko: "More than ever."

Kaido: "We'll be staying in Germany for quite a while. If you are chosen by that racing team to be their driver, then expect to roam around the world."

Nobuhiko: "Nomad, eh?"

Kaido: "Yep."

The two buy themselves coffee and sit down at the boarding area of the airport as they wait for the boarding time. Nobuhiko slurps the hot coffee immediately.

Kaido: "May I ask something?"

Nobuhiko: "Sure, what is it?"

Kaido: "Do you have a girlfriend? I always see you alone."

Nobuhiko: "I just broke up with someone last year. I don't want to hurt someone's feelings just because of my career. That's why we ended our relationship for good."

Kaido: "Nuh-uh, I know a lot of race car drivers who have settled down. It's just that you should set time for everything, that's all."

Nobuhiko: "I don't know. I am not the kind of person who thinks two things at the same time."

Kaido: "There will be a point in your life that you will encounter that, kiddo."

Nobuhiko: "I wonder when..."

***************************************************************************************************

Just after school, Kasumi and Daisuke head out together to the cafe nearby. Kasumi looks up the sky, and sees an airplane soaring by.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun..."

Daisuke: "So, have you talked to him the other day?"

Kasumi: "Yes, we did."

Daisuke: "I hope my SUPER GT team there in Nurburgring will do better this time."

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun will definitely win."

Daisuke: "That's a possibility. But I heard that a veteran SUPER GT race car driver has stepped up and will race him. Apparently, he is the rival of Nobu's father."

Kasumi: "Really? Is there a way to watch the SUPER GT live?"

Daisuke: "Sure! One of the sports channels have those."

Kasumi: "Hey, we're at the cafe now. What do you plan to order?"

Daisuke: "Cheesecake for me."

Kasumi: "Well, I think I'll have the same."

Daisuke: "Okay then."

The two place their orders and then they sit down as they wait.

Daisuke: "Someone here is in a good mood."

Kasumi: "I feel good now. I'm just happy to talk to him."

Daisuke: "That's good to know. As his best friend, I too want to have a man-to-man talk with him."

Kasumi: "And then what, kiss and hug? Hahahaha!"

Daisuke: "No way that's gonna happen! It's just that he's changed, and I want to talk to him about that."

Kasumi: "Maybe you could do that when he goes back here."

**************************************************************************************************

After long hours of flight, Nobuhiko and Kaido have arrived in Berlin. They take a limousine on the way to the hotel.

Nobuhiko: "Where's the Supra?"

Kaido: "It has already flown here before we left from Japan. A good friend of mine is taking care of it. We'll see that car tomorrow.

Nobuhiko: "I see."

Then Nobuhiko goes to sleep.

Kaido: "That boy, he is really prepared for everything. It's like he has no pressure surrounding him at all.

Then the next day, the two head to a garage just nearby the Nurburgring race circuit. Kaido's friend who runs the shop presents them the Supra.

Kaido's friend: "I have adjusted its suspension. And the rear brakes are stronger now, so expect your car to oversteer."

Kaido: "No worries, Nobuhiko can adapt to the changes in a short while.

After some adjustments, Nobuhiko straps himself in the car and wears his helmet.

The Supra tears up the Nordschleife loop.

7936324774_e48157dc3c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "This is every man's dream! To experience the roller coaster ride of the Nurburgring!

He displays skillful accelerator techniques at every corner. And there are times and his right foot is planted on the accelerator at the turns.

7936324472_c43ce0578c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "The changes are good. Well, I do feel oversteer, but my accelerator techniques can cover that."

Nobuhiko: "Sad thing though, the race won't be here. It would be on the GP area. But it's okay, because I wanted all my life to go here in the Nordschleife! And if I am racing in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, then I must master this course as well!"

7936324120_bfc078dc47_c.jpg

At the pits, Kaido crosses his arms and looks around.

Kaido: "Little does Nobuhiko know that he is the only person that they want in their team. I said it differently because I want Nobuhiko to leave a great impression on that racing team by showing his best on that race."

Kaido: "Once Nobuhiko is motivated and determined..."

7936323824_b9308134bc_c.jpg

Kaido: "...he's an unstoppable beast on the battlefield! Just like his father..."

At the evening, the track is in silence again until....

...a white Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 blitzes through.

7936325442_122d613b9e_c.jpg

7936325206_8cdf59faa6_c.jpg

"Nobuhiko Hiramoto, eh? He has such great potential that...

7936324984_8bac8f3a29_c.jpg

...I'll give him a thumbs up!"

End of Page 9

Page 10 - The Power of Hiramoto

Two days later, at the Nurburgring GP, the 2nd round of Super GT takes place. This is the first time that the season has held a SUPER GT event outside of Asia. As usual, Ignacio Reyes' team is the first to arrive at the track at dawn and his crew immediately start to work on his Yellow Hat R35 GT-R.

An hour later, Nobuhiko and Kaido also arrive, with mechanics along. They also start on working on Nobuhiko's Supra. Nobuhiko steps out from the pit garage, and only sees Ignacio's crew present along the pit lane.

Nobuhiko: "Perhaps we're too early, huh?"

Then he sees the Yellow Hat R35 blitz by at the main straght.

Nobuhiko: "Another GT-R, eh? Ugh... I find GT-Rs overrated."

He goes back inside and helps his crew.

Another few hours have passed, and all of the racing crews are present. The sun is shining brightly at 10 in the morning while the crews are busy making their adjustments to their respective cars.

Ignacio steps out from the pit garage, and he is surprised at the presence of Nobuhiko's Supra.

Ignacio: "That Supra is here!? I thought it's wrecked... Oh well, it's really time to remember the old days."

So he reaches for the car, and takes a good look at it.

Ignacio: "Oh, Hiroyuki... I wish you are here, and we'll race again."

Nobuhiko notices the veteran race car driver looking at his car, so he approaches Ignacio as well. Ignacio takes a good look at young man.

Ignacio: "Those eyes, remind me of one person."

Nobuhiko is wondering as to who.

Ignacio: "Hiroyuki Hiramoto... ah yes, that man. Do you know him? Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself."

Nobuhiko shows a smile.

Ignacio: "Buenos dias, my name is Ignacio Reyes, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Nobuhiko: "Boku wa Hiramoto Nobuhiko desu. Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Sumimasen, Eigo wo hanasu koto ga dekimasen."

Nobuhiko bows before Ignacio as a sign of courtesy.

Ignacio: "What a polite young man you are, Hiramoto. You know, you look exactly like your father. Is he your...?"

Nobuhiko: "Hiramoto Hiroyuki wa otoosan desu..."

Ignacio: "And your inability to speak English reminded me of him as well. I guess you are his son. Anata wa Hiroyuki no musuko desu ka?"

Nobuhiko: "Hai, sou desu."

Ignacio: "It seems that you are busy, well, time for me to go back. I hope you will give me the fun and excitement that your father gave to me. Well, I only know a little of Japanese, so Gambarimasu!"

Ignacio leaves him and returns to his car.

Nobuhiko: "He knows my father, huh? Well, I kinda saw that man's face when I was a kid."

While working on his Yellow Hat R35, Ignacio is smiling.

Ignacio: "Such a very polite young man. I hope he could make this race very worthwhile for me. Hiroyuki, we shall race once again! You and your son are one!"

Then, the race has started, all the cars have lined up for the rolling start with Nobuhiko's Supra starting from the very back in its class.

7952649076_2d646ff984_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "We can do this, Supra."

The light has turned green, and all the racing cars are in full throttle. Nobuhiko immediately climbs up to ranks after the first corner. He is now behind a Honda NSX.

7952648824_177a10aedb_c.jpg

And passes it at the corner exits with the help of two turbos that enables the Supra to rocket out of the turns.

7952648546_44be951e38_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Yossha! Ii da yo!"

At another corner, it overtakes another NSX. Nobuhiko is feathering the throttle and controls the steering input to make it possible.

7952648258_629eea45db_c.jpg

The Supra is now at the middle of the pack.

7952647912_1dd1bfffaf_c.jpg

And its sheer power alone enables it to catch up even to the most aerodynamic and sophisticated SUPER GT machines.

7952647572_2fd0c6e72c_c.jpg

He sees Daisuke's teammate.

7952647266_9eefc9dbb8_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Zannen da na... "

7952646908_503c3122d0_c.jpg

7952646608_cfb1d5fe2d_c.jpg

Another lap has started. Finally Nobuhiko has Ignacio's GT-R in his sights.

7952646356_0a15182fd3_c.jpg

7952646048_14ec72064b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Come on GT-Rs, let's see if you can hold up to your reputation now that I am here."

7952645766_15871ca374_c.jpg

Then Ignacio sees Nobuhiko's Supra now catching up to him.

Ignacio: "All right! Ha! This will be fun. Let's play, Hiroyuki!"

7952645486_09ae517c53_c.jpg

Nobuhiko is more determined than ever, now that he is facing his father's rival. He suddenly yells out:

Nobuhiko: "Hiramoto no chikara wo misete yaru ze! Koko kara... Hontou no shoubu wo hajimeru! IKE, SUPRA!!!"

End of Page 10

It's a good chapter, although, I'm having a bit of difficulty reading the Japanese phrases.

It's a good chapter, although, I'm having a bit of difficulty reading the Japanese phrases.

LOL

I'm sorry about that. I just do it to keep it a bit genuine, since Nobuhiko is Japanese. Relax, I'm not 100% proficient in that language either.

Page 11 - Dogfight

The old rivalry has revived as Nobuhiko Hiramoto and Ignacio Reyes battle it out for victory in this 2nd round of SUPER GT in Nurburgring GP.

7952645194_241dba00d9_c.jpg

Ignacio: "Hiramoto, you have to make sure that I'll retire happily with this race, okay?"

7952644854_917be562a8_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Come on, old man. I'll make sure that this will be worth your while."

The Supra and the R35 show equal speed; it's now up to the drivers as to who will come out on top.

7952644510_a0be1ed1a0_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "He brakes in ways similar to mine. So any late braking is rather useless!"

7952644226_bb2e406c31_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What shall I do? That old man does have tons of experience! Otoosan, how did you beat him?"

7952643902_5bb03242d6_c.jpg

Suddenly, he notices Ignacio's R35 wiggling its tail out a bit at the last corner's exit.

Nobuhiko: "I know now... Heh."

Then at the start of another lap, Nobuhiko's Supra taps Ignacio's R35's rear end.

7952643600_223b02ef4c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Let's go! I'll get serious this time!"

Ignacio: "Ah yes.... that's Hiroyuki's sign of challenge! I'm accepting it now!"

7952643298_b9e55d280b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko puts his right foot planted all the way down on the accelerator at the corner. As a result, it is just inches behind Ignacio.

Nobuhiko: "Your R35's normally-aspirated V8 has lots of torque needed for cornering, all right; but you step on the accelerator way too early that you can risk losing control!"

Ignacio is amazed on how Nobuhiko pushes himself.

7952642970_9793ce3042_c.jpg

Ignacio: "He's really pushing it! My GT-R's rear tires....

...are almost gone! I've used almost all of their grip from the start of the race! "

7952642638_cb44608d7c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What's wrong, old man? Why so sluggish now?"

7952642310_cb7bcbc917_c.jpg

Then at the final corner, Ignacio puts his foot down, making his GT-R increase its pace. However, at the exit, it suddenly oversteers and he has to feather the throttle. As a result, it lost some speed.

Nobuhiko: "All right! Let's go twin turbo 3S-GTE!"

Nobuhiko gradually increases his throttle input. Finally, he manages to overtake Ignacio at the main straight using all the engine's power.

7952642026_9c9242f109_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "YOSSHA!!!"

Ignacio: "I can finally retire... Thank you, Hiramoto. I wish you all the best in your life."

Nobuhiko now aims for the lead.

7952641554_e9d37d63f0_c.jpg

Ignacio: "Hiroyuki, you have raised a very great man."

7952641264_d6509c72e4_c.jpg

End of Page 11

Page 12 - Last Drive

Once again, Nobuhiko takes the podium. He is holding the gold trophy very high, and it shines with the sun. Then he looks up the sky.

Nobuhiko: "This may be just the 2nd round, but I will do my very best in the remaining rounds, Otoosan."

He returns to the pit lane and Ignacio approaches him happily.

Ignacio: "Congratulations, Hiramoto. You will be as great as your father..."

Understanding a bit of English, Nobuhiko just bows before Ignacio.

Nobuhiko: "Kyou no shoubu wa hontouni tanoshikatta desu. Arigatou gozaimasu."
("Today's battle was really fun. Thank you very much.")

Ignacio: "Didn't understand what you really said, except for the "Arigatou" part. So, you're very welcome, amigo."

Ignacio pats his hand on the Nobuhiko's shoulder as he leaves.

Meanwhile, someone is waiting inside the pit garage.

7961537794_c1327aa0aa.jpg

He observes the Supra being inspected by Kaido. Kaido notices that mysterious person.

Kaido: "So, you're really sure about inviting him to your team, huh? Don't worry, I already told Nobuhiko about this. Remember though, the SUPER GT season is still around, so don't make him miss a single round."

When Nobuhiko enters, he is bewildered upon the sight of that mysterious person.

Nobuhiko: "Kaido-san, who is that guy standing over there?"

The man in the white racing suit approaches Nobuhiko and shows a thumbs up.

Nobuhiko: "Huh?"

The mysterious person takes off his helmet, Nobuhiko instantly recognizes that person.

Nobuhiko: "You're... Takanori Kanonji!"

Takanori: "That's right! And I'm here to invite you to my racing team. We need a 3rd driver for the upcoming 24 Hours of Nurburgring; and you're a perfect addition!"

Nobuhiko: "It will be an honor working with you."

He bows before Takanori; but the latter scratches his head.

Takanori: "Hey hey, no need for that kind of gesture! We're equals now, and we have a lot in common! Our fathers are legends!"

Nobuhiko: "Really!? You know my father?"

Takanori: "My father told me a lot about your father when I was a kid."

Nobuhiko: "I see. Then I'm more than willing to work for your team. I will do my best in that upcoming race! I'll never let you down."

Takanori: "All right! That's the spirit!"

Takanori once again shows a thumbs up.

A few days later, Nobuhiko has returned to Japan. He had to quit school temporarily for his career, which made his classmates very sad.

While taking a walk outside the school, Kasumi encounters Nobuhiko. She runs to him and gives him a hug.

Kasumi: "You're back, Nobu-kun!"

Nobuhiko: "How are you, Kasumi?"

Kasumi: "I'm doing fine, Nobu-kun. Oh hey, I have something for you."

She takes out a miniature version of Nobuhiko in keychain.

Nobuhiko: "That's very nice."

Kasumi: "I know of a place in Akihabara that makes those. Just show a picture, and they can make a figure out of it depending on the scale."

Nobuhiko takes the keychain and looks at it.

Nobuhiko: "Am I that cute?"

Kasumi: "Yes you are!"

Nobuhiko: "I see. Hehehe."

Kasumi: "And..."

Kasumi: "Can we go out together this weekend? Even if it's just for a while..."

Nobuhiko: "Sure, I'm free. And besides, I have to make it worthwhile. I have something important to say to you as well."

Kasumi: "Okay. It's a date!"

As planned, Nobuhiko heads out at the weekend, using his father's Ferrari F40 painted in Rosso Scuderia. He fetched the car from Kaido's tuning shop.

7961542590_67bcbecb53_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "This car has been stashed there for 15 years. But Kaido-san dedicated to maintain it. I wonder what has he done?"

He stops just nearby the school's gates, waiting for Kasumi.

7961542178_0ee9c71b6d_c.jpg

A few minutes later, she arrives and she is mesmerized at the car. Then she gets in.

Kasumi: "Wow... you own a Ferrari!"

Nobuhiko: "This is Otoosan's Ferrari. I have to use it since it hasn't moved an inch 15 years ago."

Kasumi: "I see. Where are we heading?"

Nobuhiko: "To a racetrack nearby."

He moves the gear stick to first gear and the car sets off.

While traveling the highway, Kasumi just glances at the window.

Nobuhiko: "Kasumi... I have something to say to you."

Kasumi: "What is it?"

Nobuhiko: "This will be the last drive."

Kasumi: "What? Why?"

Nobuhiko: "I will be racing for good. And I won't be here for long. You'll never see me again. Remember what I've said before?"

Kasumi shows a gloomy expression on her face.

Kasumi: "Yes... I already knew that."

Nobuhiko: "I finally understood your feelings towards me. But like I said before, we can't make it happen. You know why I'm here?"

Kasumi: "Why?"

Nobuhiko: "You're one of the persons that I missed when I was not here. I'm here to see how you're doing. I might have hurt you by what I said before. I want you to be happy without me. That's why I'll make this day worthwhile for you."

The F40 tears up the Tsukuba Circuit alone.

7961541766_3037188512_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Woah! I haven't felt this fast! It's scary!"

Nobuhiko: "Don't worry, we'll come out alive."

He starts his time attack. Kasumi tightens her grip on her seat despite the racing harness and bucket seat restraining her body to move about when sideway G-forces come into effect.

Approaching the first corner, Nobuhiko demonstrates his quick heel-and-toe
footwork and downshifting technique.

7961541336_be79869d5d_c.jpg

Kasumi: ("Amazing... Nobu-kun is not scared at all! Daisuke-kun is right, he does it like a veteran! Nobu-kun is a totally different person behind the wheel!")

7961540982_ba43efb93f_c.jpg

Kasumi: ("Is this really the end? Will this be the last time I'll see Nobu-kun?")

7961540622_6669a03405_c.jpg

She just looks at him.

Kasumi: ("I don't want to end it this way! There is no other person as good as him! He is a very important person to me!")

7961540152_32a5ee9248_c.jpg

With precision driving, Nobuhiko sets a lap time of 57.8 seconds. Then he sees Kasumi covering her face while crying.

Then he abruptly steers to the right and applies on full pressure to the throttle, making the F40 drift at the first corner.

7961539838_ce6fca06a3_c.jpg

Kasumi notices the change in driving style.

Kasumi: "Is this drifting?"

Nobuhiko: "I'm cheering you up. Men should not make women cry."

7961539408_6f1c11c41b_c.jpg

Kasumi: "That exhilarating feeling... No wonder everyone loves drifting."

Then, Nobuhiko drifts the F40 right at the clipping point.

7961539084_4fee6f24de_c.jpg

7961538688_297f60c23c_c.jpg

And makes a graceful exit.

7961538364_19df534917_c.jpg

At the final corner, the F40 demonstrates a four-wheel drift with zero countersteer.

7961538104_7ab683b66b_c.jpg

Kasumi: ("Nobu-kun... I love you very much.")

At sunset, they return to Tokyo. They arrive in front of Kasumi's home.

Kasumi: "It's really fun."

Nobuhiko: "Yeah, it sure is a blast."

Kasumi: "I wish you the best, Nobu-kun..."

Nobuhiko: "Me too. I hope you could find someone that will really love you."

Kasumi: "Understood. Don't worry, I will."

Nobuhiko: "Well, I guess this is goodbye now."

Kasumi: "Wait, I'll give you something before I can go out from this car."

She unstraps herself and then slowly goes closer to Nobuhiko. Nobuhiko's heart beats faster as he looks at her.

Kasumi raises Nobuhiko's short bangs and kisses his forehead for a moment. Then she sits back.

Kasumi: "That's my good luck kiss. I hope it would bring you luck."

She goes out of the car. The two bid each other farewell, and then Nobuhiko leaves. Kasumi looks on as the car goes further away. She wipes off her tears.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun... I already found someone. And it's you. Don't worry, I can wait. Your name is already inside my heart..."

The F40 stops at an intersection.

Nobuhiko: "Good luck kiss, huh? Don't worry, I'll treasure that. You know, you're hot, Kasumi."

When the light showed green, Nobuhiko shifts to first gear and puts his foot down on the accelerator hard. The lightweight car speeds by.

The End

Back