The GT6 Save Editor Thread

United States
The US of A
So while we have a thread for GT5 regarding discussion on garage editors, we do not have one for GT6. And yes, thanks to Razerman, there actually is a save editor for GT6, it’s actually been around for almost 2 years now, but I don’t know if it’s even been shared here yet, so I figured it’s about time we finally get a thread about it.

I am aware we have a modding discussion here for GT6, but that one is primarily about modding the game data, this is about the save data.

Anyways, here’s the aforementioned garage editor for GT6:

Now I must confess, I have not used it much since I don’t play GT6 a whole lot, but it’s worked fine for me the times I have used it. As always though, if you have any issues, be sure to share them here so hopefully, they can be fixed later! :)

Last edited:
When I try to open a save, this error message pops up and nothing is functional.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 308
Try running it as administrator and see if it makes any difference, I doubt it will, but it's worth a try. I would advise copying your save from your PS3 again before doing it just so you have one that is completely untampered.

If that fails, upload it here and I'll have him take a look at it.

When I try to open a save, this error message pops up and nothing is functional.
About this again, I meant to ask for this earlier, but if you get that error message again, please click on details and copy everything to a txt file and upload it here. This will give the creator some details as to what is wrong.

If it says the save data has been corrupted on ps3 when loading up the game does that mean it worked or does it mean it's actually corrupted?

It's probably the latter, that's why I recommend backing up your save before using the editor. Not just with this editor, but ANY save editor out there.

Last edited:
It's probably the latter, that's why I recommend backing up your save before using the editor. Not just with this editor, but ANY save editor out there.
All I did was load up my save file from usb to the save editor and added more money then saved it and plugged it into the ps3 and overwrite the main game save file then loaded up the game and a message popped up saying my game file is corrupted and asked if I want to load the corrupted file or load from backup.

Theirs a lot that could have happened here, but all I can say is, just give it another shot. (make a backup of course) Sometimes with save editors these things can happen regardless of what you do.

Oddly, I found sometimes just copying it again works.

Last edited:
Theirs a lot that could have happened here, but all I can say is, just give it another shot. (make a backup of course) Sometimes with save editors these things can happen regardless of what you do.

Oddly, I found sometimes just copying it again works.
Ok I will try it some more. First time this ever happened I used gt5 garage editor and no issues there.

You're welcome! Let me know if you find anything else. ;) The editor may be a work in progress, but the only way it's going to get better is if we have more people to test it out! After all, this is the only save editor for GT6 I am aware of.

Last edited:
I have an issue - when I try to open the app nothing happens? Is there a specific place on the hard drive it needs to be? Or do I need to drag a save file onto it for it start?

EDIT - I needed to run it as an administrator for it to work. Really it should do that by default.

EDIT 2 - Does the save editor work with DLC cars, such as the 15th Anniversary cars? What about the special BMW M4 or the Lunar Rover?

Last edited:
I have an issue - when I try to open the app nothing happens? Is there a specific place on the hard drive it needs to be? Or do I need to drag a save file onto it for it start?

EDIT - I needed to run it as an administrator for it to work. Really it should do that by default.

EDIT 2 - Does the save editor work with DLC cars, such as the 15th Anniversary cars? What about the special BMW M4 or the Lunar Rov
Did you extract the file? And is the application in the folder created when you extracted the file?

Wow, that's odd.
EDIT 2 - Does the save editor work with DLC cars, such as the 15th Anniversary cars?
Not yet. The ability to add the tickets is there, but it requires activation. I have talked to the creator about this though and he might be able to include DLC activation as he did with his GT5 editor, but I cannot guarantee it will happen.
What about the special BMW M4 or the Lunar Rover?
Pretty sure it can, I think I did it years ago without issue.

Wow, that's odd.

Not yet. The ability to add the tickets is there, but it requires activation. I have talked to the creator about this though and he might be able to include DLC activation as he did with his GT5 editor, but I cannot guarantee it will happen.

Pretty sure it can, I think I did it years ago without issue.
I added a bunch of cars to my save file, both base game and DLC, and when I went back to the garage page they appeared as blank entries in the car list. I thought it was an issue with the app not displaying it correctly so I saved it and reloaded it and saw all of the changes reverted, at least to the car list. The type of car had no effect on it. I see in the File options encryption-related options for open and save, what do these do?

As for the running as an administrator thing, I am the only user on this computer and double-clicking to open the EXE resulted in absolutely nothing, other than a short loading icon on the mouse. Running as administrator or ticking the box in the properties to run it as an admin fixed it. The GT5 save editor did not do this.

I have a issue when I open up the save file on the save editor it gives me an error of unhandled exception has occurred in your application. How can I solve this problem?

I added a bunch of cars to my save file, both base game and DLC, and when I went back to the garage page they appeared as blank entries in the car list. I thought it was an issue with the app not displaying it correctly so I saved it and reloaded it and saw all of the changes reverted, at least to the car list. The type of car had no effect on it.
That's odd. Are you positive you saved it?
I see in the File options encryption-related options for open and save, what do these do?
Okay, I toyed with this and my understanding is that the "Open (Decrypted)" option is for save games that are already decrypted, and "Save (Decrypted)" saves it in its decrypted state.
As for the running as an administrator thing, I am the only user on this computer and double-clicking to open the EXE resulted in absolutely nothing, other than a short loading icon on the mouse. Running as administrator or ticking the box in the properties to run it as an admin fixed it. The GT5 save editor did not do this.
I wonder if your virus protection is conflicting with it.
I have a issue when I open up the save file on the save editor it gives me an error of unhandled exception has occurred in your application. How can I solve this problem?
There should be a drop-down arrow on that pop-up, click it and copy all the text in that box to a txt file and post it here.

Okay sorry for the double post, but I got word back from him and I have 2 questions here:
1. Are you selecting the actual save game folder? He believes your choosing the PS3 folder rather than the save game stored within it, you want to select the actual save game. (which should be whatever serial code your game uses)
2. If so, can you upload your save game here?

Latest Posts

Back