The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #02 (Stripes) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 240 comments
                                      FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
I love the Katana Swift, even in that base livery (yellow and blue stand out), but this one adds so much more life to it. And I would like to add it to my gallery if it is released to public.

Can you please share a link to this?
There's some small details that I still need to fix first + suit the numberplates to Sport Mode races, but the answer is yes! I'll work on it when I come home tomorrow :D
This current one is a quick transfer from GTS that I made a while back you see :dunce:

FINAL Entry
PS5 Raytracing.

1807b40fdb591-screenshotUrl.jpg
1807b41231a25-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

Final Entry

52039553767_309ce0e248_z.jpg

52040643563_7e821338af_z.jpg

PS4 Pro

52040845104_2114215783_z.jpg

52040845239_a0a841e921_z.jpg
So as mentioned earlier, I had an edit session with my livery and cleaned it up a bit, moved some decals around, put some new ones, removed other ones. But the design remained relatively the same.

This time I went with matte decals, as previously I had the semi-glossy ones. This made a better contrast between decals and base chrome layer. Also went with red wheels, moved the nissan decal a bit higher and GT-R logo more to the back to avoid clash with the cup numbers plus couple of minor details.

And finally left the entry post empty, only with the entries and spoiler pics. Good Luck Everyone.

I would understand if it was judged too late but if it's OK I'd like to say April 30th I'd love to post an entry for this LEC tomorrow.

It wouldn't be anything amazing, just to say I'm in...

I'm so late I'm already amazed by what I've seen the first 3 pages and there are 5 more to read!

Not specifically made for the competition, but I just happened to have this lovely Mustang GT that fit the stripes theme. I went with the traditional blue with white stripes, but I get bored of the simple pair of wide strips. I like the stripe designs I've seen on some old race cars with thinner stripes following the bold ones. I decided to make the thin stripes orange for a bit of added contrast to the car's paint color. I wanted to keep a bit of a street look intact, so the large Ford logo and the sponsor decals are a close color to that of the car for a bit of subtlety. The side stripes are to mimic the GT, but with a Mustang logo leading instead of the GT logo.

Here is the link if anyone wants to use it. Enjoy!

Last edited:
So any disqualifies for not meeting the theme stripes..?
Since @syntex123 as the theme-setter didn't say anything I reckon no.
Also no repeat offenders from the previous LEC, so I suppose we'll see a full poll later.
I went soft on the rules to let people have some creative freedom without feeling too restricted. It's hard to define a stripe.

I might do a double post to do a last call for all the people who need to fix their entries. It might be too late to fix in the poll, but please do so anyway, it's a little tiresome for everyone who keeps trying to help when the help given is ignored. Thank you to all who help me, your work is not ignored. I'm mighty thankful. :D You all know who you are. I'd treat you all to a beer if I could. :cheers:

Y'all got too big entries. Remember to fix this until the next round, but if you can now too, that'd be great. 30 minutes left.

You definitely need to watch how the other entries look, maybe even have a look at the video in the OP again, cus you're wayy off how the entry should look. :) Please fix this, if you can't make it until the next 30 minutes have elapsed, at least do so for the next round(s).

Last edited:
Since I'm very tired and confused with the timezone, the comp is closed; but since it's my bad, entries posted until 1:45AM UTC will still be accepted.

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
Another version of one of my favourite liveries from the 80’s, based on the Central 20 Super Silhouette Bluebird driven by Haruto Yanagida. I did one of these on the LeMans GTR for a previous LEC, so I thought this time I’d do a Coke Zero version, but in the end I decided I prefer the white version, even if it is a repeat of sorts

BTW how about allowing a link to the livery in the final entry, as part of the spoiler so it becomes ‘Spoiler: Bonus shots and link’? I know it’s been previously suggested, but names appear on photos now, so I thought maybe the anonymous element of the poll was less of a reason not to do it? Just a suggestion, I think it would make it easier to grab a livery if someone sees one they like in the poll :)

Okay, time's up. 5 new entries on the naughty list :scared:

The poll is now live:

Since I'm very tired and confused with the timezone, the comp is closed; but since it's my bad, entries posted until 1:45AM UTC will still be accepted.
So sorry, it was me who got confused, I’ve just looked up CEST and realised that GMT+1 is not BST, I can’t believe I was late AGAIN, I’ll know for the next one :embarrassed:

So sorry, it was me who got confused, I’ve just looked up CEST and realised that GMT+1 is not BST, I can’t believe I was late AGAIN, I’ll know for the next one :embarrassed:
We all got confused with the time zones somehow :lol:

UTC is what we'll stick to from now on :)

UTC is what we'll stick to from now on :)
Noone corrected me since the beginning of the LEC in 2018 or when it was when I first wrote CEST/GMT+1, so I thought no more of it! So it’s my fault, SouperK. Thanks to Nuschel, he brought it to my attention. So yeah. UTC from now on. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back