The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #10 (Games) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 106 comments
FINAL ENTRY
50th Anniversary of PONG.
– PS4 base –

Developed for Atari and released in 1972, PONG may not be the first video game ever – but it is supposed to be the first commercially successful product in this category. Coincidentally these weeks the game is going to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
Reason enough for me to appreciate this event with a livery for this competition. So I chose a futuristic racecar (Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model) painted it black because of the game’s black screen background and used characteristic features of the minimalist GUI. Additionally (as for fun) I created some sponsor decals using a pixelated type font as a quote for the low-res style of early games. I had a lot of fun doing this and that’s what all of us shall have in these competitions.

:cheers:

Go ahead and have fun playing different versions of PONG online:

FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Raytracing

With a theme of non-racing games, I had to make a livery for one of my favorite game series of all time, Ace Combat. However, since it had to be a specific game, I needed to decide which one to represent. I chose Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, the latest entry into the franchise.

Ace Combat is a franchise that started in 1995 and had many releases over the next 15 years. The last numbered entry, Ace Combat 6, was released in 2007. But, the next entries into the franchise between 2009-2011 were all mobile games or "spin-offs" that took place in the real-world rather than the fictional world of all previous games, dubbed "Strangereal" by fans, minus a release on the 3DS that was a remake of Ace Combat 2. From there, the last entry into the series period was a free-to-play PS3-only game, Ace Combat: Infinity, released in 2014. So, the series seemed like another franchise lost to history after the 2010s. Until an announcement trailer was released in 2016 of Ace Combat 7, set in Strangereal. After a tumultuous development period, starting from nothing, Ace Combat 7 was released early in 2019, and rebirthed the series, bringing it back to its roots - near-futuristic, arcade-flight combat with a melodramatic anime storyline set in Strangereal. Ace Combat 7 is now the best-selling game in the series, and as of recent has even had a collaboration with Top Gun: Maverick, adding in the planes/skins from the movie into the game.

For the car, I chose the Supra Gr.3. I thought it was appropriate, since the Supra nameplate is another name that was thought lost to history, until it made its comeback in January 2019 as well, to much fanfare.

The base paint is a blue, representing the color of the sky that the character Avril dreams and reflects of. While I wanted to focus on the player character, Trigger, for this livery, I wanted some other color to break up the blue, and chose the orange pattern found on the aircraft of the main/rival ace from the game, Mihaly (or, to give his full name, Mihaly Dumitru Margareta Corneliu Leopold Blanca Karol Aeon Ignatius Raphael Maria Niketas A. Shilage). I decided to use this space to add sponsor decals, which consist of Unreal Engine, the game engine AC7 runs on, trueSKY, the software that generates the volumetric clouds in the game, BandaiNamco, the publisher, Project Aces, the studio that has developed Ace Combat for the past 27 years, and CRIware and Wise, which power the audio of the game. For the hood, I added roses in the style of the Erusean princess Elise de Cosette, another main character of the game.

The gradient lines on the side represent contrails of aircraft flying in the sky. Going back to modeling the livery after Trigger, his Three Strikes became the main styling decal. I used the Three Scratches emblem (the claws making slashes) as the choice since he spends the most time in the game with these marks. However, I did incorporate the Three Strikes Sin Lines from Spare Squadron on the hood, as a reminder of where he was sent earlier in the game. I also included his emblem at various points on the car. To create a car number, I used his tail code number, 015.

For the roof and rear windshield, I took the logo of the Space Elevator that is a focal point of the story and used its design as styling lines. This imagery is used throughout the game and is also symbolic of the line, "Stick with Trigger and you'll make it," so I wanted to incorporate it in a major way somehow.

With this being a fighter jet game, I also incorporated flourishes such as the Rescue arrows, Ejection seat warnings, and Air Intake danger markings. I also added the Osean Flag on the wing and by the driver name, since Trigger is a good 'ol Osean after all.

Trigger's Three Strikes in Strider Squadron:
1665019933757.png

Trigger's Sin Lines in Spare Squadron:
1665019976193.png

Mihaly's color scheme:
1665019996628.png

The Space Elevator:
1665020049117.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is a second attempt. God I hope this car is eligible :lol:

Street Fighter is one of those games that started it all. First released in 87, my original intention for this brand was a JDM touring car, but I don’t own anything “racing car” from Japan of that era.

Next best thing- correct year, totally different path. A black quattro is a bit of a weird proposition, but I feel like the eighties-tastic colouring and stripes really scream “throw me through a forest.” I’ve stayed conscious of the norms back then and avoided using too many detailed characters or gradients, and I feel like it looks pretty correct for the era.

Still gutted I hide to sideline the “PlayStation” group A R32 I made for this, but that what I get for not reading the rules at all before jumping into an idea :lol:

Here's my entry and i could really only choose 1 game, Call of Duty Warzone.
For the past 2 years i think it has nearly been the only game that i've played with my friends online. So much fun.

it was hard figuring out how i would do the livery, but i'm very happy with the outcome.
These colors make it painfully clear though, that the main location for the photos just doesn't really do it. We need another location that really makes the colors pop as they should. i'm already afraid of not getting any votes again if people don't look at the extra shots because in the main location it does seem a bit ''meh''

FINAL ENTRY

Why is my car appearing differently in the pictures to everyone elses. I followed the instructions.. it seems the photo size above is wrong. Any tips on where I went wrong?

Gallery BB Code? What is that. Sorry I am not familiar with the site features.
When you click on one of your images for this round it will bring you to the page for that image.
Down in the bottom right corner you will see some shortcut links.
The bottom link is "Gallery BB Code".
Copy that link and paste it in your entry instead of the link or code that you have there now.

Copy these links:

Last edited:
Why is my car appearing differently in the pictures to everyone elses
You somehow linked albums and not the individual pictures it seems. If you click on the small camera icon in the bar on top of the textbox where you type your replies you should be able to see your recently uploaded pictures and can just add them to your post from there in the correct format.

FINAL ENTRY

Last edited by a moderator:
FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Ray Tracing

At first I thought about a video game, most of us are into it since a long time, maybe too long! 😅

But then I asked myself : what the little Sian used to play at when he was a young boy back in those beautiful days? Toy cars Ladies and Gentlemen!

I had a full box of them, maybe bigger than me, at least heavier!

I still remember my sixth birthday when my parents gifted me my "road carpet" (I don't know if there's a specific name in English) and a transportable garage when I was 8!

Toy cars have been a huge part of my childhood, I also remember my cousin convincing our mothers to let us use the mega box of matches to build roads in my full bedroom! :lol: We promise not to light them! 🔥

Anyway, THIS is the game I used to play at so I picked up a VGT and painted it with a large flakes flashy P4, the kind of flakes we used to see on our toy cars when they wanted to do a "metallic" effect!

I used to have a lot of "Majorette", a French brand, but most of their cars were very classic, just as I liked them to be : realistic!
For this LEC I choose to go for a more eye-catching Hot Wheels style, and I must admit it looks quite like what I have in my mind when I think about the Hot Wheels I used to have! :D

I had some doubt at a moment because it's not a video-game nor a board game but toy cars are actually a game we play with so I guess (I hope) I'll be fine. :)

And if needed, here's the link.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

My entry for this contest.
Pre-ordered the game so i'm waiting unpatiently till saturday when it will be released.

EA Sports NHL23 Chevrolet Corvette livery.

Bonus pics

Not a very popular sports in western Europe,but it should have similar atttention like NBA & NFL imo.

So far I actually don't know many of these games – I guess I'm an old geezer in terms of GT7 audience… but they've produced some high quality work.

Still working on mine… torn between two games.

FINAL ENTRY
PS4PRO

Fantavision
I honestly thought I was sitting this one out with no ideas, until this morning. This came together alright considering the short bake time. Fantavision was a pretty fun game that combined careful timing with a puzzle aspect to make a pretty addictive game. I still have this in the cupboard and got it out during Covid, still enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Back