The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #11 (Gradient Change) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 89 comments
FINAL ENTRY
PS4 PRO

Audi e-tron X Cotopaxi
This started out as one of my ideas for “Stepping Up” that never went anywhere. I thought I might revisit it with a gradient base, and ended up liking it enough to follow through. I used the sponsor set from formula-e, and to keep with Cotopaxi’s environmental philosophy I made sure to use an electric car. Nice theme @Gingerale, thank you for making me learn gradients. It was rough but I am glad for it for future projects.

Last edited:
This week I’m taking delivery of a Jaguar F-Pace so the choice of car for this one had to be a Jaguar. As for the livery I was struggling for inspiration and had several colour combinations trialled, but as soon as I did the white, yellow & green version I could only see it as a Subway livery.

Livery Link

GRADIENT CHANGE
full

Image courtesy of marmulin

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Let those colours flow! Last winner @996rick chose this theme which was originally proposed by @Gingerale via the Theme Submission Form.

CARS:
  • Any

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original and replica designs

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Must change color front to back or side to side with a gradient

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • None

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • Winners cannot enter their own theme!
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

October 31st 2022 - 23:59 UTC

Like the theme. Good one 996rick and gingerale.

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 BASE

Really struggled with this one but decided on a section of motorsport I'd not yet touched NASCAR.

Ive gone very American lots of sponsors and the iconic Mountain Dew logo blending from black to lime green using the carbonated soft drink as a transition in the gradient.

Pleasure taking part as always 👍

FINAL ENTRY

52428150989_99dcb543ea_z.jpg

52428383798_f86220acd7_z.jpg

PS5 Raytracing

52429493822_7862a4a704_z.jpg

52430276399_49c4fa9238_z.jpg
One of my Ferrari GT3 liveries made back in GT Sport and updated for GT7.

An Asprey sponsored Tempesta Racing 458 Italia GT3 with a gradient coloring of blue, purple, red and black and a pattern mimicking horse hair throughout the design.

Livery linky: here

Last edited:
Man this was hard to come up with something. Base color of the car is dark blue so the back has a black gradient and on the front I've gone with a light blue, making it switch from dark to light.
For me the hardest part was when the gradient layers overlap and it becomes darker, so then you need to cover that up with something else, but I'm rather pleased with the outcome.
Not really an inspiration for this one, so sponsor wise it's also a bit random but it works in my opinion.

FINAL ENTRY

Eneos EneJet F-Type Gr.3

[/SPOILER]

PS4 Standard
Eneos EneJet F-Type Gr.3, a fictional DTM entry that started life as a Silk Cut reinterpretation and morphed into something completely different!

It's funny how these LECs can take you far away from the first idea you had in mind!
As I'm on a full set of Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary liveries (work in progress edit: of course it would have been too easy if the gt website had kept the "jugacoursa" and "25th" keywords), my idea was to create one on my Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept Stealth Model, and change my carbon or GT Silver with a red and blue gradient, but nothing came up like I wanted to.

That's how I looked for another car.
I wanted a kind of Professionally Tuned and/or Gran Turismo Award when the Ford Roadster came to my mind!

Let's start with wide American classy wheels, keep some chrome below the body, we'll go from white to black with faded squares melted into a kind of pink colour paint which is actually a RW Colourshift I bought specifically for the occasion.

Shelby is involved in the project so the car is now 333 bhp, 68.9 kgfm and weights 914 kg.

Fully customisable suspension at 110 & 200 mm,
Fully customisable transmission
Nitrous equipped
Supercharger High-End Torque
Semi-Racing silencer
Racing Manifold
Racing Brake System

Engine tuning parts installed
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Body rigidity installed

And here we go! I don't know how much it cost me, and I'm not sure I want to know! :lol:

Last edited:
Struggling with this one, I have created a gradient I am really happy with. But the car I used has no lines to create a design around and the gradient doesnt suit a busy design.

May need to change cars from a VGT to a GT3 to get more body lines

FINAL ENTRY
"The Radical Mackerel"

- PS4 base -

The Theme
“Must change color front to back or side to side with a gradient”

The Gradient
My first idea of this theme:
Wasn’t this the title of an ancient late 1960ies movie with young Dustin Hoffmann driving a red Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto?

Just joking. I just love Italian automobiles and bikes.
Looking for an inspiration for a unique gradient my research ended in the world of animals. Finally in the sea with the natural design of the mackerel.

The Vehicle
Which car can I choose to put a mackerel skin on? Which one would the fishy design match most perfectly? After a while I found the Radical SR3 SL 2011 due to its fishy facial expression and the fin-style roll bar. Painted in silver it would offer a perfect canvas for my idea mimicking a fish.

The Sponsor
Simply putting a mackerel design on a car would not be the perfect entry without the matching sponsor.
So: Who’s first in seafood in Northern Germany where I’m from?
GOSCH from Sylt. Having started as a small fish fast-food at the most Northern German location (Isle of Sylt), the company nowadays is big in franchise all over the nation.
GOSCH is well-known for freshly caught fish: see the left side of my livery
GOSCH is offering smoked&grilled fish: see the right side of my livery

The Result: The Radical Mackerel

This is my personal interpretation of a color changing gradient from silver to gold, illustrating the color change/morph of a freshly caught fish into a tasty smoked/grilled food. The car might be an eye-catcher at a trackday event making promo for GOSCH catering service.

Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Was about to enter an old livery,but suddenly this idea popped up.
Realised that the instagram logo has a gradient in it,so i thought it would be nice to create it on a car for this contest.
Was surprised that the color scheme had 10 colors,so this is a 10 gradient layer livery.
Sometimes you find inspiration in very simple things, mostly i'm struggling with it.

Hope you guys like it.

Now searching for some inspiration for the asymmetric challenge.
Hope i get it done before the deadline.

The Theme
“Must change color front to back or side to side with a gradient”

The Gradient
My first idea of this theme:
Wasn’t this the title of an ancient late 1960ies movie with young Dustin Hoffmann driving a red Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto?

Just joking. I just love Italian automobiles and bikes.
Looking for an inspiration for a unique gradient my research ended in the world of animals. Finally in the sea with the natural design of the mackerel.

The Vehicle
Which car can I choose to put a mackerel skin on? Which one would the fishy design match most perfectly? After a while I found the Radical SR3 SL 2011 due to its fishy facial expression and the fin-style roll bar. Painted in silver it would offer a perfect canvas for my idea mimicking a fish.

The Sponsor
Simply putting a mackerel design on a car would not be the perfect entry without the matching sponsor.
So: Who’s first in seafood in Northern Germany where I’m from?
GOSCH from Sylt. Having started as a small fish fast-food at the most Northern German location (Isle of Sylt), the company nowadays is big in franchise all over the nation.
GOSCH is well-known for freshly caught fish: see the left side of my livery
GOSCH is offering smoked&grilled fish: see the right side of my livery

The Result: The Radical Mackerel

This is my personal interpretation of a color changing gradient from silver to gold, illustrating the color change/morph of a freshly caught fish into a tasty smoked/grilled food. The car might be an eye-catcher at a trackday event making promo for GOSCH catering service.

Hope you like it.

I really like this!! It's truly radical in every way

Back