The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #12 (The Left is not the Right) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 87 comments
FINAL ENTRY
PS4 Base

Link
Think this is my first GT7 entry, Just started with a large flake dark purple base into a blue gradient to a light blue on the front, some sort of tiger print overlay at 1% over the whole car, then started on the black and white parts around the lower parts of the car. all of the design is triangles, a line pattern and some gradient that I placed randomly as I wet along to fit the theme
Loosely based the sponsors around the original Supra but my colour choice reminded me of an energy drink so HYPE energy became the main sponsor.

FINAL ENTRY

Diago Saito's AE86 Trueno

PS4 Standard
A fictional drift car based on the mad cars of Japanese drifter Daigo Saito, using an asymmetric base design with a mix of symmetric and asymmetric sponsor decals. Complete with widebody, roll cage, wide Work wheels painted green, and all the attitude Daigo's car deliver in bucket loads!

I started this one basing the left side of the car on a mix of his 2JZ-swapped Yaris and 2JZ-swapped '20 Supra RZ, with a metallic red base layer and a black/white block layout, but flipped the livery on the right side to favour Monster over Sunoco, plus give TONE a big section of real estate on the rear quarter.

If only they'd enable a 2JZ swap for the AE86's in the game...

P.S. If you want to see more pics, I've uploaded a bunch on my livery thread. I loved taking detail pics of this one, with all the detail in the widebody kit, plus the obligatory drifting pics!

Last edited:
I've recently made a kind of replica of the R5 Turbo 3E with the tools the livery editor has to give.

Even if the shape I found wasn't the exact one I dreamed of, it made the job and I guess anyone knowing the Turbo 3E would recognize it.

That's how I wanted to go a little bit further with this LEC, by making something that would still "look like" the original with another design on one half of the car.

As you can see I've used more than 130 Renault logo decals, and with the other side, I reached the 400 decals limit (and had to change / even remove some things to keep everything under the limit).

I also changed a bit the color scheme to make it a little bit more different than the original one and matching the interior of the car.

I shared a third shot, I hesitated between this one and the the black and white one which doesn't show the livery better but the Turbo 3E is a drift machine and the other shot shows both sides of the car so...

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
PS4 base

Around 30 years ago, with tobacco advertising banned in many countries, an eye-catching poster appeared in public space:
A wrinkled bolt of silk in deep purple with a sharp cut revealing a tiny piece of white background. (See here)
Astonishingly people did not have any problem to identify the brand as “Silk Cut”. Though there was neither a product name nor a cigarettes packet to be seen.

Of course it might have been a nice idea to wrap a Jaguar XJR-9 in silk but my budget is still too small. So I went with the E-Type as a British club-racer and I think the elegant gown becomes the car. Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Are these all custom decals you've made from scratch?? Looks awesome!!

Thanks man! That was originally what I had planned but I didn’t have the free time. I took the decals from online and changed them to what I needed. Most of the vectors couldn’t be used as svg’s under 15k. Color and layer filter changes, added bunny ears etc.The smoke was a flat, small strip I stacked and repeated for the loops

Thanks man! That was originally what I had planned but I didn’t have the free time. I took the decals from online and changed them to what I needed. Most of the vectors couldn’t be used as svg’s under 15k. Color and layer filter changes, added bunny ears etc.The smoke was a flat, small strip I stacked and repeated for the loops
Amazing work! Love it!!

I recognised the base layer, I have used it too. I think the decal is called Aurora

If this looks a little familiar, it's because it was the car I was working on when I entered the GAMING LEC with a Geoguessr livery! That entry took about an hour... but I've been working on this for 4+ years! I started it early on during GT Sport, and never got it finished... it was one of a couple of liveries I was struggling to finish and gave up on when the world starting going to ****. Since I last worked on this I've endured crippling work pressure thanks to Brexit, split up with my GF, my Mum's died, my best friend's died, we've had a global pandemic, and lurched closer to nuclear war than ever before! Thought it was about time to get it finished!

The original car was a BMW M1, which raced at Le Mans in 1980. I don't have that many good photo's of it, so I've worked almost entirely from the 1/18th die-cast I have of it, which I dropped at one point, so that's now got a broken engine cover and wing.

View attachment 1204317

Interestingly Marcel Mignot, one of the drivers, also drove the Lichtenstein and Warhol art cars.

I ended up figuring out which bits of France were represented, and tracing them from Google Maps to make the coastline. The map on the real car is actually quite badly distorted (to 'work' I guess), so I figured starting with what it actually should look like was the best bet, but it's ended up still needing to be fudged together to fit the VGT shape and still look like the M1 design. I made it harder for myself than it should have been, but it's harder than you might think.
A little late to the party on this but hats off to you, that is a staggeringly brilliant effort with some real life hardships along the way. Well done on getting it finished.

Back