I have been using this video for ideas and to get the long list of mandatory decals for people keen on making as realistic as possible.
I had an absolute blast doing this. Loved the theme and I'm doing a classic version, without the mandatory Carrera Panamericana decals.
I've been meaning to do something with the Merak, and this theme seemed to fit it pretty well. Designed it with the idea of it being a one-off "Biturbo" competition version Maserati might have made as a proof-of-concept for the idea of strapping two turbochargers to their V6, and ended up with a mish-mash of a period-correct livery with the Carrera decals. Also doubled up on the number banners after seeing an image of a Studebaker that presumably participated in multiple events having them stacked on top of one another to make it a little more "broken in".
Love the livery, but I think you need to upload your images to the media section and insert that way, not attach directly to the post.
Thanks 😊Love the livery, but I think you need to upload your images to the media section and insert that way, not attach directly to the post.
I don't think so. I just searched for media items belonging to you and the search returned nothing. Where are you uploading the images to? The media section within gtplanet, on Flickr or similar, or directly into your post? If I click on your image it shows like I would expect an image uploaded to the post (not inserted from an external source).Has that worked ?
Using my phone so hard to tell
Has that worked ?
Using my phone so hard to tell
Hows that ? Altho it shows attachments for me at the bottom. Can you see that or just me 🤔Not yet. You could select reply using another entry, remove the "QUOTE" at the start and end of the post. Then just replace the images.
Or you can just copy paste the content of the attached file. Just remember to change the pictures.
Cool design, nice pictures. Welcome to the clubFINAL ENTRY
🖐️🙇♂️ Hi everyone! My first try here...
🔥 The detail in the striping is easy to miss in the previews. Make sure y'all zoom in on this one.
Thank you both! I wasn't sure the details were visible enough. I was wrongWinner winner.
I love how clean this is while including lots of detail on the stripes.
This is something I've been meaning to try.
The detail is amazing. Sure to be a winner.
Thanks! I will probably share a couple of them yes. Most likely the ones not "broken" by the optimization.The detail is amazing. Sure to be a winner.
I’m hoping you’ll at least upload the decals you used even if it’s after this competition closes. I’ve started drawing some of those, like the Veracruz ones in illustrator, but I won’t finish them in time to be used for this competition, so I’m going a different approach for my entry.
So I decided to do this Porsche like this because it’s a nod to the old 550 that use to run and the most well known Porsche of its time the little B and added my own twists , also I share my birthday with James Dean the owner of the original little B, and there are some other nods to other famous racing legends and there family that I admire and look up to as a sim racer and or amateur racer.
Image courtesy of Bobby-Vegas
THIS MONTH'S THEME
We're going back in time this month and pay a visit to the vast countryside Mexico has to offer. Last winner @ZombieLiquid chose this theme that was sent in by @huff via the suggestion form:
"Replicate, update or design a fictitious car livery for the famous Carrera Panamericana rally across Mexico."
- Vintage Racing Cars
- Time Attack Cars (WRX IoM, Amuste GT1, Roadster Shop Rampage...)
- Professionally Tuned Cars
- Road Cars with Racing Mods
- SEMA Cars
BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
- Allowed, road cars have to use tow hooks, rollbars and hoodpins (if possible)
- Original and replica designs
- Original designs have to be “in the style of” classic or modern liveries that might have raced in the Carrera Panamericana
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
- Take your car to Mexico
USER MADE DECALS:
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES
- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
- Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
- Winners cannot enter their own theme!
- The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler (
[SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
- You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
- Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.
- You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
- Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
- Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
- Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
- Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
- Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
- Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!
NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.
PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.
March 31st, 2023 - 23:59 UTC