The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #21 (Carrera Panamericana) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 129 comments
You could try reducing the number of colours in the image in Photoshop/Gimp first, before tracing, if you can't do it during the trace.

What platform are you using, PC, Mac, tablet etc?
Vectornator on the iPad. When the Apple silicon macs come down in price a bit I'll hopefully get a mini and but only to use inkscape for the things vectornator can't do, I just prefer the tablet environment. But yes, don't have access to some of the power apps.

For vectornator I go to Vectorize!.io and set it to less color, screen grab and go from there. Sometimes I just pay for a month of Vectorize!.io if I have a few things I want made. Vectornator auto trace is so fickle, it works sometimes, others it just gives a soupy mess of colors.
Cheers for the advice huff, will definitely check it out

Whew. 5 corrupted saves on this one. It simply did not want to exist, but I had to finish it out of spite.

VW Beetles ran in some of the original La Carrera Panamericana, and seemed a fun canvas to try out a livery on. Just imagined this is some guy in Southern California who bought and is racing this old rally Beetle that's been around the world. I swapped the Porsche engine into this and it's an absolute rocket ship.

These VWs are the last remaining air-cooled value on the planet, I should look into buying one.

Whew. 5 corrupted saves on this one. It simply did not want to exist, but I had to finish it out of spite.

VW Beetles ran in some of the original La Carrera Panamericana, and seemed a fun canvas to try out a livery on. Just imagined this is some guy in Southern California who bought and is racing this old rally Beetle that's been around the world. I swapped the Porsche engine into this and it's an absolute rocket ship.

These VWs are the last remaining air-cooled value on the planet, I should look into buying one.
I owned a ‘72 super with a 3 speed hydomatic clutch. I went everywhere in that little thing, but never in a hurry.

FINAL ENTRY

El Cavallo Blanco

PS4 Standard
A fictional Ferrari entry to the fifth Carrera Panamericana 'Mexico', this is El Cavallo Blanco (the White Horse). Based on numerous different Ferraris which actually competed in the original series, I set about trying to envisage a case where someone was brave enough to run a white Ferrari 550. The decals are simple, but I spent extra time adding very minor detail to the custom made decals I decided to try make myself for a change! While it's not the detail of some of the greats around here, it's something I had fun playing with to make something unique but not out of place.

I really hate to ask, but would it be possible to hold the LEC open beyond the deadline please? I'm trying to finish a livery, but it will take me an hour to get something finished and photoed, sorry, understand if the rules are rules :embarrassed:

I really hate to ask, but would it be possible to hold the LEC open beyond the deadline please? I'm trying to finish a livery, but it will take me an hour to get something finished and photoed, sorry, understand if the rules are rules :embarrassed:
There's about 24 hours before the deadline yet.

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
Ernst-Joachim Hirz entered a pre-A 365 1500 Super in the 5th Panamericana Mexico, finishing 7th in his class after almost 27 hours, 70th overall. I stumbled on a photo a while back and have wanted to do it ever since, love those early Panamericana cars for having more decals than most cars of that vintage :).

I never found a better shot, but thankfully there's another of the other side with the man himself. There's a model too but it is strangely innacurate on some obvious things. I can't claim to be accurate either, but if anyone finds some photos other than these I'd love to see them :) Or more info about Hirz, so I can make an educated stab at the bonnet decals.

The camera is done with the layered scans I was talking about earlier btw, it was a high quality photo and mainly blacks and greys which helped make it a bit less painful.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

full

full

full

PS5 Framerate

If you Take your car to Mexico, you can be anywhere between the place the car is parked and Mexico.

To my mind, the bonus picture can be taken on the road to Mexico, but not only in Mexico...

Well, that's how I understand :)
Now that is a good answer! ;)

And by the way, all of your entries are amazingly beautiful, for me this is the best livery editor competition so far...it'll be almost impossible to select only 3 cars...I'd like to cast a vote for each one of them!

Thanks !

Of course, if you choose an American car, it will be difficult to explain why you took a picture in Japan, to bring it to Mexico :lol:
But it is an extreme example...

I totally agreed that this round will be a difficult choice for only 3 votes !

Back