Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Let the Music Play
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

This week, engines will not be the only sounds involved. Last LEC's winner @ZombieLiquid chose this theme which was originally proposed by @MMX for GTS LEC #28, let's hear what he had to say:

"Music is a big part of a lot of people's lives, and has always been a big part of GT games. I'd like for us to celebrate that. Show us your musical flair anyway you want, as long as it's on a VGT car."

CARS:
  • VGT cars only

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original design of a music themed livery

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • -

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • -

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

June 14th, 2023 - 23:59 UTC

@StingZ_GP You might want to have a scroll through some of the other LEC entry threads and have a look at the format that entries need to be posted in. We try and standardise things so it's the livery that gets noticed, and not how it's posted.

FINAL ENTRY

I will add bonus pics soon

PS4 Base
I really struggled with inspiration for this one, to be honest I was a little intimidated by the standard of the cover picture cars. So I just took a little inspiration from a mural that’s painted outside my work of Ian Curtis and decided to do a Joy Division theme. I really like how the Unknown Pleasures picture looks on the bonnet of the Suzuki. The “sponsor” decals are all brands of equipment the band used.

Livery Link

Attachments

• E75F8D9F-4C63-4495-96A8-17F2336DB66E.jpeg
    E75F8D9F-4C63-4495-96A8-17F2336DB66E.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have got to hurry and finish my imposter alert entry. My idea for this I going to take forever. Or I won’t finish it and enter an old Wu Tang desig I made along time ago 😆

I hesitated doing this one, as there are quite a few Pink Floyd liveries out there already. However, I can't think of a band that more perfectly defines my early days of road tripping than the Floyd. Growing up in a fairly rural area of Texas, driving back roads while listening to music was how we spent many a night. Whenever someone slipped in Dark Side the driver knew to start heading toward home (which might be an hour away), the night was nearly over.

I really struggled with inspiration for this one, to be honest I was a little intimidated by the standard of the cover picture cars
I still remember when I discovered these liveries in GT Sport, this is so awesome I feel your pain! :lol:

And I also remember I was missing inspiration for this LEC at the time, I'll try to find a personal iconic album cover to base my livery on and we'll see how it goes (and VGT cars are far from being a gift to me, considering what comes to my mind first! 😅)

I have got to hurry and finish my imposter alert entry. My idea for this I going to take forever. Or I won’t finish it and enter an old Wu Tang desig I made along time ago 😆
I'm really hoping it is this
I'd do it if I had the skillz, but I don't, but I hear there's someone who might who's looking for inspiration :D

I still remember when I discovered these liveries in GT Sport, this is so awesome I feel your pain! :lol:

And I also remember I was missing inspiration for this LEC at the time, I'll try to find a personal iconic album cover to base my livery on and we'll see how it goes (and VGT cars are far from being a gift to me, considering what comes to my mind first! 😅)
Tolhas's decals and work are so elegant, there's a sense of humour at play too, but add to that how he explores the same themes like a real artist, his love of design (turned me on to Syd Mead) and music (particularly the Beatles), yeah, one of the best IMHO

So many ideas for this theme but this popped up immediatly .
Second Metallica entry but different car & album.
Based on the cover of Ride The Lightning
NC0xMzk5Lm1wbw.jpeg

I'm only aware of these irl
are there more ?

Motorhead Lambo
1.jpg

Linkin Park Mercedes
16C682_16.jpg

edit:
realised that in nascar there were a few

more recent GNR & Ghost
Erik-Jones-Guns-N-Roses-Daytona-International-Speedway-NASCAR-Cup-Series-Legacy-Motor-Club.jpeg

FNu_4B9XEAsugqm

Kiss Supercar

0A5A1807.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FINAL ENTRY

"MINT JAMS Racing" Mazda LM55 VGT "Casiopea"

PS5 Raytracing

For this entry I chose Casiopea, one of my absolute favourite Japanese fusion jazz band ever.

they are also known to include motorsport references into their band visuals and album artwork.

for example their debut album cover artwork depicts Lola T290-Mazda and a March 74S battling on a fuji circuit.

I really enjoy making the livery and very satisfied with the end results of what I made.

The overall appearance is inspired by the cover of their "Casiopea" debut album's artwork as described above,

Also the bodywork also features racing team name and visuals inspired from their MINT JAMS live album and some decorative references elements all around.

▾▾▾LIVERY LINK▾▾▾

Last edited:
Right then, back in GTS I made a Samba Bus called Floyd, it feature lots of low res, lazy trace, art work from Pink Floyd albums. Later, I made the 'Wish You Were Here' VGT for a previous GTS LEC. I wanted to combine the essence of Floyd the Sambabus, with the effort in the decal work for the WYWH VGT... and this is the result.

Realistically theres 8 or 9 'panels' to it, that I can't really show off in the 4 photos, so I'll go into more detail about it in my livery thread, but it features artworks, icons or influences from a number of Pink Floyd works, before I get into listing them in my own thread, I'm curious if anyone identifies them all.

Last edited:
Back