The GTP Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge | Season 3! | Race Friday!Open 

Do any of you save your replays online? After I have one (when I don't get disconnected), I always save my replays.

Internet went kaput on the download. Then I said w/e and went to play FIFA. :lol:

Good racing in the slower class tonight, I'm not sure if Friday will always be my day off but if it is I'll be there again. The next 4 tracks look good for racing as well.

Also, I like the real draft, even if I was at the back of the Civic pack for most of the race.

Well, that wasn't how I wanted my race to end up, but things seem to happen in very annoying ways. Ran wide and the car just sank into the sand like it was trying to swallow my car, proper dragged me into it once I got one of my wheels snagged. I wasn't expecting to get pole position, and to be fair that's probably what made things difficult right at the start.

Not going to discredit the racing as a whole, as there was some awesome close racing and beautiful overtakes. There was just little bits need nipping in the bud before things get too much like how Rolex became at one point.

SilverstoneGrandPrixCircuit_zpsa15ef9ba.jpg

Now, I know we're racing for less than 25 minutes, and thus this is a sprint race rather than an endurance one, but this is the first lap of the race, and the first few turns of it as well. There was contact, and I did lose three places as a direct result. I haven't taken the shot from half a second back, but there are also 4 wheels on the curb prior to this, no doubt contributing to the contact via lack of grip.

I've had worse, and I'm not going to dwell on it too much, but not everyone will suffer these moves with the same grace on-track. I'm aware it was not intentional, but others on GTP will retaliate regardless of any lack of intent, I can rattle off a list of names if truth be told. @MatheusBond... just be mindful of the type of corner you're making that kind of cutback on, it was a nice idea, but it just gets a little too tight there at times.

Not to worry. Paul and myself, as with the other guys in this series, have a couple years of experience racing together. I wouldn't say I know exactly how they drive, but I tend to be able to understand what they might be thinking in a given situation. There's a few times Paul could have shut the door on me into T1, but instead he allowed me space to ride my momentum and take the fight to me elsewhere.

Since I've just remembered saying it in the lobby, I'd like to switch classes. There's too many Civics running around, and though the Honda battle is good, it's a Honda battle... the Mazda just seems a little too far out, and the driver/car combination seems to emphasise this further. Besides, GS has only had a few members in the last couple races, so I want to even out the numbers.

From next week, I'm running an Aston Martin V12 Vantage in GS. It WILL be #17

I completely forgot today was Friday; my work schedule has been all over the place so I'm losing track of what day it is. I'm working afternoons this week so would not have been able to attend, but at least I should have said something. Sorry about that.

Next Friday I should be home right around 5:30pm (hopefully). I'll keep the chrome green/black wheels #75 M3.

I noticed everyone was running with the square number plates, while I was the only one with a round number plate. Abit lonely out there :lol:

I noticed everyone was running with the square number plates, while I was the only one with a round number plate. Abit lonely out there :lol:
I had the circle one at first, but it seemed small on the door of the Mustang, so I bumped up to the bigger square one

I'm pretty sure we're not meant to be added GT Auto parts, I know that if you add a flat floor is bumps up the PP.

The Aston's hard to dial in at Silverstone, not as quick as I'd like to be through the corners.

Weird the Aston was super stable in GT5. In our GT4 series it could keep up without needing the rear wing vs Camaro etc.

I know it was... It's taken me all day to come up with a tune, and one tune I had clocked 2:05.2 offline (which'll put it high 2:06's / low 2:07's online), but I was fighting the car in certain sections with the same tune, and losing time so I turned it off in a huff. Now the tune I have would be high 2:05 offline, closer to the 2:08 mark online. Needless to say, turned it off again in a huff. I have work soon now anyway.

Lesson here is...

Never tune offline :P.

I only set a quick base offline if I cba going online.

I never tune offline. I ran 3 straight 2.07.1s in the Mustang, but the mechanical grip of the Camaro was pulling away from me. It was fastest when I tested at Silverstone. Aston is a good car too. It's not really the best at anything, but it's good at everything

Funny thing I find is my FFs feel crappie offline but online they are lovely. :P

I used to always be just as fast online compared to offline back in GT5, GT6 is a lot different in that regard now. I can notice the grip fall away the moment I get online, whereas in GT5 I could feel it all there under my wheels.

I'm online in an open practice room with the Ring running...just saying.

Something called free tutorial! GT^ 100% Trophy

Just created a IMSA tune and test room online for the Red Bull Ring if anyone wants to practice/tune.

IMSA tune and test: SS/GS

Back