The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The first one was a comment about your post, I recall me saying something similar about Pence.
I recall me going to get a coffee at 11.35am, but no-one else does, nor would I expect them to. Your "sounds familiar" conveyed no information of any kind, and was entirely bereft of context.

Just to clarify, my comment that potential Biden assassins at his inauguration would make Harris President if they succeeded somehow reminds you of a comment you made four years ago about potential Trump assassins at his inauguration making Pence President if they succeeded?

I suspect that the kind of person who'd want to put Trump in a scope wouldn't have minded a Pence Presidency (at least at a broad level), whereas the kind of person who'd want to put Biden in a scope would be very much horrified at a non-white, non-male, child of immigrants (sparking birtherism up again) and more politically left Harris taking up the job.

It doesn't seem that similar.

The second post is in response to Pops meme hidden by the spoiler that I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where the foul language was. :)
No, I got the first bit - the username from the image and the partial quote of their comment was a good hint. It's the second bit that doesn't make any particular sense and again conveys neither information nor context.

Who is in glee? Are you watching a TV show about singing at school, or talking about people being happy about something? If you're "sitting back laughing like I told y'all I would" (did you say this? When? I'm afraid I don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of your previous posts), is it not you that's gleeful?

It's not that hard Husk. ;)
And this is no less meaningless. Who or what is Husk?

Last edited:
Apparently today is the day the outgoing President will be doing a lot of potential damage. He's applied an executive order to suspend travel restrictions to Western Europe and Brazil and there is a potential he could be selling giving pardons to his trusted inner-circle (Giuliani, Bannon).

Travel restriction changes wouldn't take place until after Biden assumes control, so I'm guessing that is a non-starter.

Husk is me. Because addressing a person other than who you quoted without @'ing them is completely sensical.
Or spelling their name correctly when it's one post above (and also spelled for you if, as you say, you "@" them and type three letters).

It's not that hard risno.

Apparently today is the day the outgoing President will be doing a lot of potential damage. He's applied an executive order to suspend travel restrictions to Western Europe and Brazil and there is a potential he could be selling giving pardons to his trusted inner-circle (Giuliani, Bannon).

The travel restrictions will be put back into place tomorrow I'd assume so that's not really a big worry. The pardons could be damaging though.

Or spelling their name correctly when it's one post above (and also spelled for you if, as you say, you "@" them and type three letters).

It's not that hard risno.
How'd you know that's how I actually say it?!

Call me lazy... I'm also not the only person who doesn't quote/tag/fully spell a user's name. If someone has a problem, I'll gladly waste my time typing out a full name.

PS: My phone/keyboard doesn't like GTP all the time. When trying to tag someone If I click the name and hit the spacebar or begin to type a word it randomly cuts off part of the name and or just screws the name up.

Whether Trump pardons Assange and Snowden or not will say a lot about the man. We need to protect whistleblowers.

It would be pretty funny if Trump pardons Joe Exotic, though. Apparently his legal team has come to DC.

i wonder what the Evangelicals would say about that lol

Call me lazy...
I mean, I didn't. I was merely confused by the sudden appearance of a word with no context in a post responding to a post asking if you could provide some context for what you've been posting because it was confusing without it.

Apparently it was referring to someone else, while quoting me and not them, and they don't have that as their username anyway.

I'm also not the only person who doesn't quote/tag/fully spell a user's name. If someone has a problem, I'll gladly waste my time typing out a full name.
It's surely the most basic form of human decency to refer to someone by the name they have selected?
PS: My phone/keyboard doesn't like GTP all the time. When trying to tag someone If I click the name and hit the spacebar or begin to type a word it randomly cuts off part of the name and or just screws the name up.
Update your phone keyboard software. Also when it starts to misbehave, hit "more options" down on the bottom-right there. That reloads the text box (and essentially restarts the keyboard) while keeping text you've already entered.

Last edited:
How'd you know that's how I actually say it?!

He doesn't. Just like you don't know if I'm okay with being referred to as "Husk" or not. That was his point.

Now, can we get back to this? -

It's fun watching everyone in glee, I'm just sitting back laughing like I told y'all I would.

I still have the same questions posed to you by Famine above:

Who is in glee? Are you watching a TV show about singing at school, or talking about people being happy about something? If you're "sitting back laughing like I told y'all I would" (did you say this? When? I'm afraid I don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of your previous posts), is it not you that's gleeful?

Man, watching those "normal people" rifling through Ted Cruz's notes gave me some extra strong larping vibes.

giphy.gif

The second post is in response to Pops meme hidden by the spoiler that I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where the foul language was. :)
I got scolded for it. But to be honest,

It was in there and I didn't see it. So I apologize to the mod who had to edit my post.

Whether Trump pardons Assange and Snowden or not will say a lot about the man. We need to protect whistleblowers.

It would be pretty funny if Trump pardons Joe Exotic, though. Apparently his legal team has come to DC.
I don’t know if it’s still the case but I read maybe a week or so back, a pardon for Assange won’t do any good bc the UK isn’t planning on extraditing him back. I think the article outlined he’s a wanted man there.

Edit* Should’ve quick Googled beforehand. UK denied an extradition request from the US bc of his health. Didn’t know he was in a British prison; thought he had holed up in some safe house.

Last edited:
Not sure how fair it is to dig up a two-year old Facebook post but I'm willing to bet MTG is still crazy after all these years.

https://www.mediamatters.org/false-...ne-facebook-2018-parkland-school-shooting-was

This part is head spinning

The Democrats now control the house and are planning a full war starting in January. The House of Representatives will become an opposition force to the Trump administration which is actually the American people (whether they understand it or not.)

The HOR is the most democratic federal-level institution. Each member represents a roughly equal amount of people chosen directly by those people...for better or worse. Aside from gerrymandering, the HOR is the American people. The idea that somehow the HOR is somehow opposed to the will of the people is completely absurd.

I don't think McConnell is behaving in any surprising way if you ask the question for any given situation:

"How can Mitch & the GOP benefit most?"

Until he lost the election and especially the Capitol riot, the best answer (importantly not the perfect answer) to that question was to keep Trump placated - I don't think at any point Mitch was happy that Trump was the party standard bearer, but Mitch endeavored to do the best he could with the cards he was dealt. He could have distanced the mainstream GOP from Trump from the beginning, but I'm guessing he perceived it would have hurt the party more than sticking with him. But Trump's continued presence is only hurting the GOP at this point and Mitch's outward attitude reflects that. The best he can do now is to bury the Trump era.

Last edited:
McConnell is saying some of the right things (not to be confused with saying "right" things).
McConnell has always hated Trump. But it was in his own self-interest to support Trump throughout his presidency, even in the face of overwhelming proof of a horrific abuse of power in the previous impeachment. There is only one reason that McConnell is now speaking out against Trump. Money. Conservative donors don't want to be associated with an insurrectionist president or any of the people who enabled him and they are letting Republican senators know it.

I'm not sure if this was posted or not, but one of the Capitol insurrectionists stole either a laptop or a hard drive from Pelosi's office and wants to sell it to the Russians.

FBI investigating whether Capitol assault suspect tried to sell Pelosi computer to Russian intelligence service

This is like Burn After Reading without J.K. Simmons or John Malkovich.
Yeah, I've seen indications that Williams has since been arrested, though I can't confirm.

Some genius level legal minds are coming out in her defense on social media, of course, and they're presenting arguments such as "she can't be guilty because a normal American could never get in touch with Russian intelligence."

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen indications that Williams has since been arrested, though I can't confirm.

Some genius level legal minds are coming out in her defense on social media, of course, and they're presenting arguments such as "she can't be guilty because a normal American could never get in touch with Russian intelligence."
You're lucky. The best counterargument I've seen all night is "Yeah but BLM reeeeeeeee".

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/john-sullivan-capitol-riot/

Last edited:
To be fair, I was speaking explicitly of those seeking to defend Riley Williams.
Me too. What she did wasn't so bad because BLM are looting cities and one led the charge on the Capitol is pretty much what someone told me at length tonight.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back