The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The fact that these idiots are pleading to Trump for pardons also shows how Trump's own behaviour - in pardoning criminals he is associated with - has influenced his base. They literally think that the law should not apply to them...

I heard Alan Dershowitz defend Trump's comments of 6th Jan on the BBC, and claimed that Trump's words were 'not incitement'.

He said:
"If President Trump had made the same speech and no-one had marched to the Capitol, would it then be a crime? Of course not! The fact that people marched to the Capitol is irrelevant in judging whether or not the speech itself is protected by the Constitution'...
I get that his point is that the Constitution protects Trump's right to have said what he said, but in terms of discerning whether his speech also constitutes incitement (and hence a criminal act), he falls very short of the mark if you ask me.

Dershowitz also gives a clear example of what would constitute incitement... but then, doesn't that make the whole debate not about the First Amendment at all, but what constitutes incitement? (And whether incitement is a crime...)?

I get that his point is that the Constitution protects Trump's right to have said what he said, but in terms of discerning whether his speech also constitutes incitement (and hence a criminal act), he falls very short of the mark if you ask me.

Dershowitz, like many Trump supporters, fails to grasp what the First Amendment entails. Yes you can say whatever you want and the government can't stop you from saying it, but it doesn't protect you from the consequences of what you say.

Dershowitz, like many Trump supporters, fails to grasp what the First Amendment entails. Yes you can say whatever you want and the government can't stop you from saying it, but it doesn't protect you from the consequences of what you say.
They're trying their hardest to disprove a causal link. Shame nobody told those dumbasses who are queering the pitch by asking him for a pardon.

Last edited:
It would be a cold day in hell before Trump incriminates himself to protect anybody. The speed at which he’s blamed all of his political allies for his downfall makes that painfully obvious. Nothing is his fault. He’s been a great president, the GREATEST president, probably ever, and that will be his public opinion of himself until the day he dies.

These idiots are going to rot in a cell, and with any sort of justice, Trump will be joining them before too long.

FIFY, your words could be taken out of context...

It would be a cold day in hell before Trump incriminates himself to protect anybody. The speed at which he HAS blamed all of his political allies for his downfall makes that painfully obvious. trump always think that Nothing is his fault, that He’s been a great president, the GREATEST president, probably ever, and that will be his supporters opinion of himself until the day he dies.

These idiots are going to rot in a cell, and with any sort of justice, Trump will be joining them before too long.

Last edited:
I wager Biden's inauguration is going to resemble his campaign stops, which is to say responsible and mindful of social constraints.

In the event that it plays out that way, I'm positive the right's going to spin that as him not having any public support, raising ******** questions about his election victory. I'm confident in that prediction because they're pathetic sacks of ****.

I imagine it will be quite secure also, as this is the first inauguration in a while that has a real chance of someone attempting to assassinate the president. I seriously doubt that all the people who were gung-ho to kill some politicians at the Capitol have just given up and changed their minds.

...drinks mint juleps...
Okay but to be fair, a well-made Mint Julep is really kind of awesome. A decent bourbon (I think Woodford Reserve is traditional but I like something with a little more character than standard WR expressions), not overly sweet and lots of fresh mint...what a treat.

Edit: Do not over-muddle the mint!!! That's super important. You want to release the oils but hammer the leaves and it'll be bitter. I like a rubber-tipped muddler instead of a wooden one whenever I'm muddling any fresh herbs because it's more forgiving and less likely to bruise.

Last edited:
Okay but to be fair, a well-made Mint Julep is really kind of awesome. A decent bourbon (I think Woodford Reserve is traditional but I like something with a little more character than standard WR expressions), not overly sweet and lots of fresh mint...what a treat.
Mint is for toothpaste

An apple julep though, that's good eatin.

I imagine it will be quite secure also, as this is the first inauguration in a while that has a real chance of someone attempting to assassinate the president. I seriously doubt that all the people who were gung-ho to kill some politicians at the Capitol have just given up and changed their minds.
Will they want Kamala Harris to become President? Because that's how you get Kamala Harris as President.

In any case, a chunk of Q now thinks Trump has pulled a stunning outside run on Biden and had him put in prison and swapped faces with him.

Will they want Kamala Harris to become President? Because that's how you get Kamala Harris as President.

In any case, a chunk of Q now thinks Trump has pulled a stunning outside run on Biden and had him put in prison and swapped faces with him.
I heard this is a failed plot for the sequel to Futureworld.

Kga0bGR.jpg

This riots thing is starting to overlap with the Funny/Strange News Stories thread.

FBI: 2 NY men arrested for participating in Capitol breach

Associated Press
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — One posted a video of himself with his feet propped up on a U.S. senator’s office table. One wrote “THIS IS ME” on an Instagram photo of rioters attacking Capitol police officers.

The two New York men, Brandon Fellows and Edward Jacob Lang, were arrested this weekend on charges related to the Jan. 6 violet insurrection led by supporters of President Donald Trump at the U.S. Capitol.

Fellows, 26, was arrested Saturday night by agents from the FBI’s Albany office, a bureau spokesperson said.

Fellows, a former grocery store worker who has said he lives in a converted school bus, posted a video on Snapchat showing his feet propped on a table in the office of Sen. Jeff Merkley, an Oregon Democrat. “This one is going to get me incriminated,” Fellows told a Bloomberg News reporter.

Er8WBWiXIAQb8O3.jpeg

Last edited:
More footage from the 6th. Language warning.
I fast forwarded five minutes in and buffalo boy was still chanting the same nonsense.

I like how Republicans are arguing online that this was an isolated faction while these guys are boasting that four million people are going to follow them into the Senate. Their arguments are all over the place.

Well, it was a red-on-blue attack...
I guess they didn’t back this blue and even wanted some of the pinko reds dead. It sounded like red-on-everybody action.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm still a little unclear on why these morons are intentionally calling themselves boys. I mean sure, they are, but why would they go by that moniker by choice?

I'm still a little unclear on why these morons are intentionally calling themselves boys. I mean sure, they are, but why would they go by that moniker by choice?
No joke, it comes out of Alladin: be proud of your boy.

Last edited:
Back