The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looked at the headline elsewhere, got worried there'd be violence again.

Looked at this thread and whose saying this, relaxed. He's an idiot.

From an Article in the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...fd3004-c2ec-11eb-8c34-f8095f2dc445_story.html

The article is behind a firewall but in summary, the Post suggests that Donald Trump has become increasingly fixated on overturning the 2020 election result, with one advisor saying that efforts to tell him that he lost are like "pissing into the wind..."

Despite numerous failures and legal challenges in the months following the election, Trump is becoming more and more obsessed with efforts to disprove President Joe Biden's victory, and won't listen to dissenting advice.

Nearly all the 2020 election advisors who spoke to the paper said they regarded his fixation on litigating the election as a waste of time, but that he kept returning to the topic nonetheless.

I'm beginning to think I was wrong. I initially suspected, once his "official" legal challenges were over, that all this posturing and grandstanding was just a laughable effort to keep his base fired up and keep the donations flowing. It's become clear that many hard right politicians are able to keep raking in the dough by simply evoking his name.

Looking at it again, trying to understand his actions, I think it's more than that. In fact, I think it's pretty obvious. At least if you think like Trump. He is desperate to do whatever he can to try and take back the office as he knows the walls of justice are quickly closing in. And he is no longer protected by the benefits of the executive office. He may be delusional but (not all) of his legal advisers are. No doubt they've told him that he's facing criminal charges and there is a good chance he could end up in prison for any number of crimes.

I'm not really sure what's worse. The fact that he seems willing to effectively hold the country hostage to keep himself out of jail. Or that there are SO many delusional people out there who are still willing to help him do it.

Is it really any wonder this thread is sticking around with these sorts of revelations that simply weren't a thing four years ago, no matter how desperately one may want to allege a double standard?

Trumpism, man.

Edit:

Last edited:

Is it really any wonder this thread is sticking around with these sorts of revelations that simply weren't a thing four years ago, no matter how desperately one may want to allege a double standard?

Trumpism, man.

Edit:

At a rough estimate 90% of the photos I've seen of MyPillow Guy depict him with his mouth open mid-rant. It's like he's the J. Jonah Jameson of conservative paranoia.

Dominion appear to have a pretty solid case against him though which is probably why he's trying to countersue them before their lawyers can succeed in levying damages against his bedding company.

Dominion says MyPillow should be held liable for 'MyPillow Guy' Mike Lindell's election conspiracy theories

Business Insider
Attorneys for Dominion Voting Systems have asked a judge to reject MyPillow's request to dismiss a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit over election conspiracy theories, arguing that the pillow company should be held responsible for spreading the false belief that Dominion rigged the 2020 election.

In a motion on Friday, Dominion argued that MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell's falsehood-filled rants about the election were made in his capacity as the head of the company and were meant to juice the company's profits.

"Now, MyPillow claims that 'the MyPillow Guy' was not speaking for MyPillow when he gave speeches at MyPillow-sponsored rallies in Washington, D.C. or when he otherwise exploited election lies to market MyPillow products — which could be purchased on MyPillow's website using promo codes like 'FightforTrump,' 'QAnon,' 'Q,' and 'Proof,'" attorneys for Dominion wrote.

Dominion filed its lawsuit against both Lindell and MyPillow in February. The election-technology company argued that Lindell had sought to boost MyPillow's profits by integrating bogus election-fraud claims with an extensive marketing campaign for the pillow company. Lindell, a staunch supporter of former President Donald Trump, toured the country following Trump's 2020 loss to claim that the election was rigged, and he continued to advertise MyPillow products.

In April, MyPillow filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, arguing that the company shouldn't be held responsible for Lindell's claims that Dominion had secret ties to foreign governments and that those claims didn't amount to defamation.

In its new filing, Dominion argued that Lindell waged a "defamatory marketing campaign" in his capacity as "the MyPillow guy." The company asked US District Judge Carl John Nichols to move the lawsuit forward.

"The law is clear that corporations can be held liable for the defamatory statements their employees make within the scope of their employment and in furtherance of the company's business," Dominion's attorneys wrote. "And the Complaint plainly alleges facts from which a jury could infer that Lindell — who is to this day the president, CEO, and spokesman of MyPillow and who is widely known as 'the MyPillow Guy' — was acting as the company's agent when he exploited lies about Dominion to market MyPillow products."

MyPillow previously argued that Lindell sincerely believed his false claims about the election. In an interview with Insider earlier this year, Lindell said he'd lost tens of millions of dollars in retail partnerships following his conspiratorial claims — and he held that up as evidence that he was doing what was good for the country.

Lindell has continued to levy falsehoods about Dominion in interviews and rallies, and he filed a countersuit against the company.

In its new filing, Dominion argued that Lindell's persistence in pushing conspiracy theories proved that he acted "recklessly" with "actual malice" — a legal threshold for successful defamation lawsuits — because he ignored all evidence that they were false.

"Despite repeatedly being put on specific written notice of the publicly available facts and evidence disproving their claims and the obvious reasons to doubt the veracity of their sources, Defendants continued making false and defamatory statements about Dominion that had been rebutted by the evidence that had been sent to them," Dominion's attorneys argued. "In sum, this is one of the clearest cases of actual malice imaginable."

Since the election, Lindell has been entangled in several lawsuits. He's also suing the Daily Mail over a story that claimed he'd dated the "30 Rock" star Jane Krakowski, which both he and Krakowski denied.

Dominion and Smartmatic, a rival election-technology company caught up in conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, have sued several other people and entities they say advanced falsehoods. The companies have sued the former Trump attorneys Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani as well as Fox News, though all have filed motions to dismiss the cases.

Last edited:
Okay, so I admittedly haven't read many court filings, and I can count on two fingers the number I've read in a professional capacity, but I just have to come right out and say that none I have read are as ****ing funny, or as ****ing pathetic, as this one.

Commentary by Mike Dunford at Queen Mary University of London, contributor at The Bulwark.

He's been at this for close to two hours now and it's ongoing. Possible language warning in-thread, only the first tweet of which I'll provide here.

Started off the document with a 1984 quote. Of course. :lol:

Edit* Idiot MyPillow mistakes for the millionth time your 1A rights are protected from the government, not a company retaliating for slander.

Bro, I have to assume it's nowhere near normal to start off every section of your lawsuit with a quote?

Last edited:
Ah yes, I remember that time when Big Brother sued the arse of Winston Smith for defamation and lost earnings.

Not so much a boot stamping on a human face forever as a heel licking a human boot indefinitely.

At least (I think) they were correct about doing stuff that'd never been seen before in a lawsuit... like quoting Mein Kampf:

Screenshot_20210604-102958_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Bro, I have to assume it's nowhere near normal to start off every section of your lawsuit with a quote?
Quotations seem to be fairly common in these things, but they tend to be by parties directly involved in the suit and not of the literary variety.

AAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's been pointed out that the swiftness and intensity of this action is possibly indicative that the firm legitimately did not know--and reasonably would not have known due to its size--that it had been made involved in this suit by this actor.

AAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's been pointed out that the swiftness and intensity of this action is possibly indicative that the firm legitimately did not know--and reasonably would not have known due to its size--that it had been made involved in this suit by this actor.
I don't know how widely read Mike Dunsford's thread was but whether or not the sacking is a result of internal due diligence checks, I bet the firm didn't appreciate being turned into a laughing stock on such a public forum as Twitter.

[EDIT]Akiva Cohen's thread which tagged the law firm probably didn't help either.

Last edited:
I don't know how widely read Mike Dunsford's thread was but whether or not the sacking is a result of internal due diligence checks, I bet the firm didn't appreciate being turned into a laughing stock on such a public forum as Twitter.

[EDIT]Akiva Cohen's thread which tagged the law firm probably didn't help either.

I don't imagine that Dunford's analysis had any bearing on Barnes & Thornburg's decision apart from perhaps affirming it after the fact.

I think them and their other arms being tagged by a number of contributors on "LawTwitter" (not to be confused with the sort of phony pundits that find themselves on BadLegalTakes) may have brought it to their attention.

Lol, she checked the server's licence plate. Some Karen energy goin' on.

I had to Google this guy.

Of course it's ****ing Florida man. :rolleyes:
Florida's 17th is a yike. Apparently the state was redistricted in 2013 so its impossible to compare the politics of it before that but as of right now the 17th is solid Duck Dynasty country. Gator Dynasty or whatever, I don't know what they grow around there.

Florida sucks.

Last edited:
Back