The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
“BaCk ThE bLuE” though, amirite?
5s2p8tumpdi51.jpg

One wonders if this one and Rosanne Boyland knew each other prior to the assault.
I had to look her up to find out who she was. Kyle Young'd have had to make a long trip to Roseanne's home in Atlanta to deliver, and at the time of her death, she, like her namesake, preferred to take her amphetamines in the form of Adderall according to the autopsy, so I kinda doubt it.

Last edited:
I had to look her up to find out who she was. Kyle Young'd have had to make a long trip to Roseanne's home in Atlanta to deliver, and at the time of her death, she, like her namesake, preferred to take her amphetamines in the form of Adderall according to the autopsy, so I kinda doubt it.
Yeah, I figured it would have to be pretty extraordinary for them to know one another.

Yeah, I figured it would have to be pretty extraordinary for them to know one another.
The sad thing about that cop is how his fellow officers turned on him for speaking openly about the Trumpists' involvement in the riot. I don't think justice is their thing.

Thomas will resign as soon as Trump concedes the 2020 election defeat.

I know. But I keep track of the merits of that case anyway because it's interesting. I'm not sure if we've ever had such a clear-cut example of a supreme court justice who needed to resign or needed to be impeached (I know there isn't a process for this). To be clear, I'm not saying that Thomas could be successfully impeached even if there were a process. But failing to recuse yourself in a case where it is clear that you have a conflict of interest might be grounds, and we absolutely should have grounds for impeaching a sitting supreme court justice.

Anyway, I know he feels safe. I just like to tally how absurd that is.

I know. But I keep track of the merits of that case anyway because it's interesting.
And I know that. It wasn't contradiction so much as commentary.
I'm not sure if we've ever had such a clear-cut example of a supreme court justice who...needed to be impeached (I know there isn't a process for this).
There actually is, it's just subject to the same constraints as a presidential impeachment. Samuel Chase was impeached but subsequently acquitted.

Samuel Chase was impeached but subsequently acquitted.
immediately googles samuel chase

1804!

Edit:

Well that's awesome. The bar for impeachment is always set absurdly high by whichever party prefers a particular politician. But I'd like the bar to be set low enough that intentionally failing to recuse yourself from a case where you have a conflict of interest (I think this is fairly demonstrable for Thomas at this point) would be grounds for successful impeachment. It shows misconduct that I think it's reasonable to expect our supreme court justices to never, even once, demonstrate.

The bar should be particularly low for the supreme court because we have to remember that these justices are not selected by the people directly. They are appointed. It can and should be a position where even a little misconduct garners a replacement. It doesn't represent an overturning of "the will of the people".

Last edited:
According to fivethirtyeight.com election denial might not be beneficial to one's chances of re-election.

Screenshot_20221110_172020_Chrome.jpg

There must be people on the right who are just exhausted with all the whinging. Right? Right guys?
There are some for sure. My dad is about as conservative as they come, but he really wants them to shut up about denying the election. He hates pretty much every Republican who isn't Ronald Reagan though since he believes they've ruined the party. I can't say I really blame him either.

There are some for sure. My dad is about as conservative as they come, but he really wants them to shut up about denying the election. He hates pretty much every Republican who isn't Ronald Reagan though since he believes they've ruined the party. I can't say I really blame him either.
Oof. Ronny Raygun was not a good guy.

Seems to depend a little on where you are or whether you're Abbott. Alabama, Arkansas, South Dakota...
Yeah there are a lot of factors that come into play. Looking at IL, it looks like even though Darren was expected to lose, the margin shrunk between the 2 parties compared to the 2018 election.

Last edited:
Back