The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Biden is planning to a 2020 bid, but will need a lot support in donations.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-biden-tells-supporters-he-plans-2020-bid-11553033380

There's been a strong amount of Obama supporters wanting him to run (many with the view that Obama could be his VP). Does Biden running automatically put him at a higher chance of winning than the rest?
Biden is going to run I would say, I wouldn't say it puts him higher then the rest though there are quite a few names that have name recognition already in the race and we are well before any debates happen.

The early Debates are going to be crucial still for any candidate at this stage.

I know he didn't want to at the time but 2016 was Biden's chance. A golden chance.

I don't see him garnering quite the same support and demographics as he otherwise would have. A lot has changed in the last 3-4 years, both within the Democrat party and outside of it.

I know he didn't want to at the time but 2016 was Biden's chance. A golden chance.

I don't see him garnering quite the same support and demographics as he otherwise would have. A lot has changed in the last 3-4 years, both within the Democrat party and outside of it.

It's hard to see how Biden could have lost the 2016 election - which is to say it's hard to see how he wouldn't have been able to pick up the few thousand extra votes in Michigan, Wisconsin & Pennsylvania that would have made the difference. He may now be too old & yesterday's man. However, as I've said previously, pairing him with a younger, more left-leaning VP who could be expected to step up & run for President in 2024 would seem to me to be a winning strategy. After 4 years of Trump I can't see a lot of Democrats sitting on their hands (as they did with HRC) & letting Trump win re-election, regardless of who the nominee is.

Trump was right, that the path for a GOP candidate is not an easy one - all the Democrats would have to do is recapture those three states (& not lose any additional ones) in order to win a decisive victory. Capturing Florida & North Carolina would make it a route.

Of course, in reality anything is possible ...

is not going to elevate to the White House a 37-year-old gay mayor of a city of 102,000 people, the pinnacle of whose political career was retiring from a run for chairman of the Democratic National Committee on the day of the election.

What was the pinnacle of Trump's political career before becoming President?

Also, I have a hard time lending credibility to an author who says something like this:

Of the lethal landmines upon which most of the Democratic candidates are now stamping their feet, he only seems to subscribe to the climate change fantasy

Sanders is going after anti union laws. The problem is that much of the population has been brainwashed into believing that unions are bad.

Sanders is going after anti union laws. The problem is that much of the population has been brainwashed into believing that unions are bad.

I wonder what the split is between:

a: Unions are always bad
b: Unions are always good
c: Neither of the above addresses the issue adequately

I'd bet there are shockingly few in the 3rd category. Par for the course in 2019 America

Wow is this thread dead?

I mean Biden is in now and nothing here.

I am a Trump supporter, and I have always thought Biden was the only Dem that could possibly beat him.

I've seen a couple of recent Biden videos, and he doesn't look so well. He is slurring his words. He is 78, hope he is ok.

I'll be very surprised if Biden wins the Dem Nomination.

He is polling well but I expect him to fail hard when it gets to the debates, I still Think Tulsi is the wildcard, her entire campaign hinges on the debates where I think she would look the strongest candidate by far and she has over half a year to solidify debate performance to the first Primary.

If Tulsi wants to get in the debates, she needs to be getting her name out there more. Getting on the JRE was a good move for her, but she needs to be doing more I think together her voice, ideas and opinions heard so she's not so unknown when campaigns really start in earnest.

If Tulsi wants to get in the debates, she needs to be getting her name out there more. Getting on the JRE was a good move for her, but she needs to be doing more I think together her voice, ideas and opinions heard so she's not so unknown when campaigns really start in earnest.
She has already qualified.

Right now there are at least 22 Democrats of some political stature who are announced and in the running. Debates or other machination will have to rapidly winnow that field to a workable number.

With the US economy the envy of the world, 60-year low unemployment, rising wages and near 50% approval, and investigations and impeachment talk fizzling, Trump seems a shoo-in for the Republicans.

Polls are still pointless until the debates I reckon, the race should start to Narrow candidates too by then.

Have we actually reached the point where we've gone past the conclusion part of the program and now we're just doing shady stuff openly?

What do you mean "reached"? I think you mean "can anyone remember how long ago that was?" :)

So the Wag the Dog scenario creeps into view. The Trump administration is building the drumbeat for war against Iran. Waiting for some "incident" to pop up to justify an attack.

I think the only thing so far I’ve been irked over Tulsi is her supposed support for Milano’s sex strike. The reasoning behind is sound surrounding the Alabama bill, but the strike itself is a bit silly.

Other than that, she’s still the candidate I’m more than likely voting for. Wish she had more popularity.

I think the only thing so far I’ve been irked over Tulsi is her supposed support for Milano’s sex strike. The reasoning behind is sound surrounding the Alabama bill, but the strike itself is a bit silly.

Other than that, she’s still the candidate I’m more than likely voting for. Wish she had more popularity.
80% of Americans are neocons or neoliberals, both salivate at the thought of war if the cause is righteous enough, like imposing democracy on some **** hole nation. Tulsi is antiwar, with much in common with realists, libertarians or classical liberals, maybe 10% of the population on a good day.

80% of Americans are neocons or neoliberals, both salivate at the thought of war if the cause is righteous enough, like imposing democracy on some **** hole nation. Tulsi is antiwar, with much in common with realists, libertarians or classical liberals, maybe 10% of the population on a good day.

80% of Americans salivate at the thought of war? :rolleyes: C'mon.

80% of Americans salivate at the thought of war? :rolleyes: C'mon.
Under the sweet and polite surface, Americans are dangerous and highly entitled people. Democrats and Republicans are both war parties. One look at history proves it. We have been almost continuously at war, have boots on your ground, or interfering in other people's politics/elections since 1942, and that's putting it mildly. The people elect and reelect serial warmongers with nary a look back. And why not? We benefit. We have BY FAR the world's best economy for a major nation. We impose our currency, the dollar, on the world. We impose our rule and will on the world as best we can. Sometimes it's subtle, but usually not. Occasionally a peacenik like McGovern or Paul or Tulsi will run for president. Zero chance. When you have a tiger by the ears, you can't let go.

Last edited:
Back