The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love how Biden left out the "liberty and justice for all" part... Continues sitting back laughing.

A brilliant and dignified inaugural speech by President Joe Biden.

His thanks to the former presidents from both parties in attendance was particularly poignant, and as dignified a way as possible to address the elephant in the room... or not in the room as the case may be.

I'm not sure what thought process ended with you feeling like you're the smart person looking down on everyone else, but if memory serves, you voted for Trump first time around.
That's true. I'm a weird character...

Last edited:
Trump's absence also means that the biggest arse present at the inauguration was J-Lo's.
And easily... the nicest?

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what thought process ended with you feeling like you're the smart person looking down on everyone else, but if memory serves, you voted for Trump first time around.

If your outward worldview is deep cynicism verging on nihilism and little else, pretty much everything goes to plan. Just ask Dotini!

This poet is on fleek tho. Biden should have just used this, can you imagine how dope that would have been?

So everyone already knows this, but I felt like putting a fine point on it. I think I understand what Trump's plan was for how this election was supposed to go down.

Georgia was supposed to be solidly his, so that was in the bag. He was leading PA and had made the case that all mail-in ballots were fraudulent. But the "stop counting mail-in ballots" was no good while Biden was winning the EC, so he needed to hurry-up Arizona while he was still leading PA. The idea was to claim Arizona and then after claiming Arizona, just say that the remaining ballots were fraudulent (everywhere, or just PA, whatever) and have a simple straightforward message to claim that he won. This is why it was important that Arizona count fast, and why he was so angry that Fox had called AZ for Biden. Georgia started throwing a monkey wrench in that plan.

It's actually somewhat remarkable that the EC showed a Biden victory at almost every instant following Michigan and Wisconsin. If it hadn't, I wonder how much stink Trump could have made.

Trump's path to victory at this point requires a re-count overturning a result, or winning Arizona, Georgia, and a toss-out of PA ballots. Doesn't seem particularly easy, but not impossible.

I want to go back to this post now that Biden has been sworn in (I've been wanting to respond to it since you made it, but not before Trump was out of office) because I think this was the pivotal moment of the election. And it reminded me of something.

At the end of the day, the election was not really close, but I think the Arizona thing was on the money.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the funny/strange news thread, but apparently a Capitol Rioter who texted about shooting Nancy Pelosi on Live TV (and was arrested for the threat and some weapon charges) was featured on, of all things, The Smoking Tire YouTube channel, where they showcased his 800HP 2JZ E39 M5 in 2017.

Actual car review starts at 1:05

It really is true about BMWs.
The pricks are on the inside.

Last edited:
"America, god, truth, America, god, blah, blah, god, blah, America, truth, blah, god, god"

On the one hand, quite eye-rolling rhetoric as an atheist non-USian. On the other hand, it seems like... a bit back to normal. A relief.

Trump has revoked an executive order that bans former administration officials from lobbying for five years after leaving office:

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ear-lobbying-ban-for-administration-officials

But he's anti-establishment they said.

The only way the orange turd saw the presidency was to use it as a stepping stone to elevate his family name...
He doesn't care for anything but himself.

... I truly hope his presidency has truly tarnished his family name, equating it to lies and crap for posterity...

Last edited:
I usually stay out of politics, but here's my take on this.

I voted for Trump both times. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I agreed with some of his views (not all), but the last few weeks have really made me regret voting for him.

As an American who typically leans to the right, I can only wish the absolute best for the Biden administration and hope he can heal some of the division that Trump caused.

Poor Jill. It looks like she's held that bigass book for Joe in no fewer than three danged swearing-in ceremonies. It wouldn't surprise me if any future similar ceremonies involve another kind of swearing.

I voted for Trump both times. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I agreed with some of his views (not all), but the last few weeks have really made me regret voting for him.

As an American who typically leans to the right, I can only wish the absolute best for the Biden administration and hope he can heal some of the division that Trump caused.

Thank you for sharing your point of view.

It would be great if we can hear more from you and what your belief is/are, so that we can make this country better for you and us... I am more left than you, but I dont not want to alienate your side just because of trump, we need to move forward together...

Truly, we need to learn from each other and understand and help so we can both succeed.

Last edited:

What views did you agree with him on? Most of what he did wasn't even the right/conservative/Republican wheelhouse. Basically, the only answer I ever really got when I've asked people about this is that they are either anti-abortion and just vote Republican no matter what, say that he was better than Clinton/Biden, or that they thought he was in control of the stock market.

What views did you agree with him on? Most of what he did wasn't even the right/conservative/Republican wheelhouse. Basically, the only answer I ever really got when I've asked people about this is that they are either anti-abortion and just vote Republican no matter what, say that he was better than Clinton/Biden, or that they thought he was in control of the stock market.
He drained the swamp and built the best economy in the history of economies, all by himself!

The ONLY reason I was considering voting for him this year was due to his Middle East policies. However, it became clear that once the Abraham Accords were signed in September, Trump being in office wouldn't really make any impact.

Back