The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition) - Winner: NBDESIGNZ

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 286 comments
FINAL ENTRY
GTP 458 GT3
Livery is still a work-in-progress, but wanted to get this up early so I can have plenty of time to sort out the finer details before sharing. Liquid metallic base, heavy emphasis on mask decals and what I think is a novel approach to decal placements around the rear wheel arches. Struggled with getting the mask decals to work on the rear wing with a liquid metallic base, so regular GTP decals used for the time being.

FINAL ENTRY
GTP 458 GT3

:drool:

I may have a crack at this one

Time to enter again!

Hmmm, I may come out of hiding :D

MMX
Started on one last night, and should finish it tonight.

How cool is that? It seems that the Veterans Dream Team is about to re-form! With the unexpected come back during the season like @Baliwa , @LaSupra and @V100s , we only need to convince @Sjaak , @Strax , @Lost Sheltie , @MatskiMonk , @BLiTZ and a few others!

It will be nice to see you next to the new generation like @Racerx_34 , @ringkurier , @Adam Barber , @Thorin Cain , @AngryKowski and the likes!

Of course I will not forget our core : @Raphaele , @Nuschel01 , @baldgye , @CorvairGuy69 , @Higny , @Noisy , @Teal , @teensonacid , @YukinoSuzuka , ... and so many great names we’ve met along this two years path.

Thank you everyone for making this place so special!

Sorry, maybe I'm loosing something in translation. It's not written Davidoff on it, but it's the Davidoff scheme I may have used on about 15+ cars. Or what do you mean with that, my good sir?
He was kidding you because if it wasn’t the GTPlanet text on the side, this looks indeed very familiar to those who know your series of Davidoff liveries. ;)

Sorry, maybe I'm loosing something in translation. It's not written Davidoff on it, but it's the Davidoff scheme I may have used on about 15+ cars. Or what do you mean with that, my good sir?
I mean i recognise the colour scheme and find it funny not to have the Davidoff sponsor!

3t1o94.jpg

Can't wait to show you guys what I've started on, just the bonnet to finish and then I should be posting it

MMX
I present to you the GT-P GT-R. Obviously pulled my inspiration from the forum itself, and during a little research, I find GT Planet was started in a sense in 2000, but became an actual forum in 2001. That was enough for me to say the forum is 20 years old, and use that for the number plate. The color scheme is clear, but went the extra mile to try and exact match the colors. The base is the same off white as the forum background, with some metallic sprinkled in. Can't have a forum without people, so threw some in there too.

Great forum, with a lot of great people, and have definitely enjoyed my time here. Thank you Jordan and GT Planet.

Livery link....https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/6774060363210063880

^Updated livery link.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't seem to be finding the time for liveries these days. Unless I happen to start 'working' from home, or have to self isolate, I doubt I'll be getting an entry in for this. I'm still stuck on the same 4 liveries I was 6 months ago!

Sounds like you may just need a fresh set of eyes on them, see what someone else thinks of them so far.

I initially struggled to think of a car to pick but settled on the Porsche as it tends to be a good canvas and tends to be one of the strong cars in group 3 for both daily and FIA rounds. With an already strong colour pallet for the livery I set to it choosing secondary sponsors and tyre suppliers appropriate to GTSport. I also thought it would be a cool idea to do a second 'dark' alternate version available for download as well as a version of my helmet design in standard and GTPlanet colours.

Standard Helmet
GTP colours

Updated secondary post

Last edited by a moderator:
FINAL ENTRY

Link

3rd image coming soon
Livery is a Y4 large flake I think it was and loads of masking with projection area numbers changing all over the place, the underside of the wing and the bonnet intake were pretty hard to manoeuvre, easier things were the underside of the front canards.

Sponsor decals are pretty much the same as the standard Merc livery such as ravenol, michelin etc. And you can see it's split into blue on the left hand side and red on the right hand side of the car.

Last edited:
Sounds like you may just need a fresh set of eyes on them, see what someone else thinks of them so far.

The trickiest are essentially replicas of intricate designs, or finding a compromise for only having 1 special paint finish option where I need three, they form part of my Art Car project I've other liveries on the go as well, I just haven't had time for. I bought a TGT shortly after the last post in that thread, so my GTS time is more geared towards driving than liveries at the moment.

Glad to see there's still plenty of great entries in the comps though... good work people.

I have an absolutely stunning R18 ‘11 livery that would fit here incredibly well! I was going to modify my Simpact livery to suit gtp colours but I might just give that a miss since it isn’t new

I'm busy with the Hyundai gr3 car.
Only user/downloaded-decals are the GTplanet decals and the GTplanet numberplate from the previous LEC round, the rest will be from the decals we got from GT.

Also thinking of making a Making-Of timelapse of this car, although it will mean I've to start over again (had put an hour or so in this livery)

Now I've said that.. I guess I made it a bit more like a challenge for myself :D

My idea behind this livery was to stay simplistic. As broad as GTPlanet is, at its roots it is quite simple, a bunch of car guy gamers coming together to enjoy the community amd shrink the gap between us.

My choice in vehicle had to be sporty, aggressive, and futuristic. The FT-1 was the perfect solution. With sharp, angular lines and its long bonnet, the car is definitely aggressive amd has styling cues that harken back to the days of the Cobra. Futuristic is one thing that this car definitely is, without a doubt. And that had to exist for this competition because every single entrant is pushing the envelope with each livery. Every single competitor is advancing the competition into the future.

I had to choose a light base color so I went with an extremely metallic light silver with a split red and blue graphics package. Simplistic pinstriping that accentuates the body lines and draws the eyes over the curves of this beast make the vehicle look like it's doing 200mph while parked. The main sponsor, of course, had to be our patron page here with the name scrawled on the door and the all too famous globe logo adorning the front fenders. The website link can be found on the rear bumper so that the on track competition will have something to look up while following this machine down the Mulsanne straight.

I'm busy with the Hyundai gr3 car.
Only user/downloaded-decals are the GTplanet decals and the GTplanet numberplate from the previous LEC round, the rest will be from the decals we got from GT.

Also thinking of making a Making-Of timelapse of this car, although it will mean I've to start over again (had put an hour or so in this livery)

Now I've said that.. I guess I made it a bit more like a challenge for myself :D

Looks like I could only make clips till 60 minutes long.. bummer. Maybe another time, but not this round.

Looks like I could only make clips till 60 minutes long.. bummer. Maybe another time, but not this round.
Separate the clips in parts of around 10-12 minutes with the Share button, then collect and speed them up in the Share Factory application. That way you can have the whole creative process in less than 15 minutes (which I guess is the maximum amount of time someone will spend watching a timelapse video).

Made a small revision to mine. The rear corner was looking a little naked, so added more people. Also added a third bonus shot with my other two GTP cars, and updated livery link in second post.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back