The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition) - Winner: NBDESIGNZ

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 286 comments
My creation process

61AD3B39-9FB1-4467-A628-80C6D7F9BFCE.jpeg

174470D2-A75D-49F0-8E78-310C5B4CE929.jpeg

Last years’ analysis : clean lines, asymmetrical blue/red pinstripes to emphasize the shapes of the car, matte or carbon base and glossy decals to create a contrast...

Ok, so this time let’s go for something very different, crazier, maybe a blue/red car, funny shapes... I’ll let my instincts speak. :dopey:

[three hours later]

Well... it doesn’t have a big round planet on the side, at least... :banghead:

Currently working on a version for the Cayman GT4 for so you can represent GTPlanet in the manufacturers series if you fancy.
Your images don’t show : I think your gallery is set to « private » and not « public ».

FINAL ENTRY

Breakmaster Motorsport presents the GT Planet Caged Jaguar F-Type GT3:

View media item 60172
View media item 60171

Inspiration:
What is a GT3 car? It’s the thin veneer of a road-car wrapped around a race-car. It is ultimate track-based power and performance restrained by GT3 “road car” regulations. It’s a hungry Jaguar, peeking through some thin mesh.

Design:
Base gold paint, with dark grey overlay. All striping is shaded to add depth. Wire mesh cage wrap. Large decals have drop-shadow for additional depth. Most decals are white to contrast with black/grey undertone. Continental Tires decals are the exception, to provide some visual relief and help tie in to the base gold paint underlay. Full gloss decals chosen to help highlight layering and depth.

Photos:
1. Competition standard 3/4 front
2. Competition standard 3/4 rear
3. Bonus outdoor
4. Bonus indoor

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 GTPlanet Stealth Edition

DBR9 is the car of the moment! Great design well done!

FINAL ENTRY

BONUS

Love it! I chose a Jag too. Very sexy bod! Great design well done!

FINAL ENTRY

Just beautiful...

MMX
I present to you the GT-P GT-R. Obviously pulled my inspiration from the forum itself, and during a little research, I find GT Planet was started in a sense in 2000, but became an actual forum in 2001. That was enough for me to say the forum is 20 years old, and use that for the number plate. The color scheme is clear, but went the extra mile to try and exact match the colors. The base is the same off white as the forum background, with some metallic sprinkled in. Can't have a forum without people, so threw some in there too.

Great forum, with a lot of great people, and have definitely enjoyed my time here. Thank you Jordan and GT Planet.

Livery link....https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/6774060363210063880

^Updated livery link.

Beautiful race livery! And thanks for posting about your process too. It’s so interesting to hear what people use for their inspiration.

FINAL ENTRY

via

Wow this is really gorgeous! Awesome effort!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a non-sport-mode version of my livery on the Merc. I wanted to use the flag inlay on the wordmark for my entry but thought it looked too much with the flags also being on the skirting below.
(only just noticed on this photo that the decal leaks below the mask around the window :dunce:

5980806706538480660_0.jpg

I hope this is correct as it is my first EVER livery competition entered. Hope you like it. If anything is wrong with the way i have entered it please let me know. Thanks
Welcome here!

Great work on the thin blue and red lines around the car. The post is correct, but don’t forget you can edit it to add bonus pictures in a spoiler.

Copy paste this :
Code:
[SPOILER][/SPOILER]
And you can add your pictures between the two tags.

I made a non-sport-mode version of my livery on the Merc. I wanted to use the flag inlay on the wordmark for my entry but thought it looked too much with the flags also being on the skirting below.
(only just noticed on this photo that the decal leaks below the mask around the window :dunce:

5980806706538480660_0.jpg
Damn! That looks really great.
I'm definitely not gonna bother entering this one. :dopey: :lol:

Back