The GTPlanet world map 04/16/2014 update

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 1,455 comments
Even I come in here to see if someone is going to do an update one of these days.
q37MsKT.gif

I too wonder.
I think we need to keep bugging @TB
Li16VDF.gif

'Jersey Island'? That makes it sound like it's somewhere near New York. It's the Bailiwick of Jersey, thanks, where Superman (Henry Cavill) comes from.

So it's safe to say that Jersey is completely kryptonite free?
You don't own a farrm and your last name isn't Kent by any change is it?

So the S is not for Superman, it stands for Steveman?!? :confused:

So I was looking through the very early pages of this thread and noticed that Jordan had mentioned this Google MyMaps thing, so I checked it out and started plotting things down...

Basically I've gone through the first 11-12 pages plotting locations on the map according to either what was in the post or what the little flag under their profile indicated. I am now sweaty.

Here's a link to it in case you'd like to see what I've done. No one can edit as of now but I will probably open that up eventually.

The KEY is:

Red: Cities
Yellow: Larger than city but smaller than country (so province, state, etc.)
Green: Country
Blue: Continent (Australia)

EDIT: Just noticed it's an image map not the interactive one I've been using. You have to click on "Open with Google My Maps" at the top of the screen after clicking the box in the upper right-hand corner. See my latest post below.

Last edited:
Updated to October 17th, 2010, or top of page 23 (yes, I still have 8 years/25-ish pages to go).

Since it's being updated on Google's side, the linked image map in my previous post can stay the same while having an updated perspective. This means that if this were to make it into the OP, it wouldn't have to be edited after posting the link. Less work and hassle, wooo!

Check it out! :)

EDIT: I also changed it so where if you follow this link below, it'll take you to an actual interactive map where you can click on the pins and view who resides there!

Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k57E7AxGLTGGQB_qovkk73mXh0cL69rI&usp=sharing

Also, don't pay attention to the images associated with the locations. They're chosen entirely by Google's algorithm and sometimes don't have any relation.

Last edited:
This means that if this were to make it into the OP, it wouldn't have to be edited after posting the link. Less work and hassle, wooo!
Done! 👍

Thank you for the updating work, Lameonade. That last guy was worthless.

Updated to October 17th, 2010, or top of page 23 (yes, I still have 8 years/25-ish pages to go).

Since it's being updated on Google's side, the linked image map in my previous post can stay the same while having an updated perspective. This means that if this were to make it into the OP, it wouldn't have to be edited after posting the link. Less work and hassle, wooo!

Check it out! :)

EDIT: I also changed it so where if you follow this link below, it'll take you to an actual interactive map where you can click on the pins and view who resides there!

Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k57E7AxGLTGGQB_qovkk73mXh0cL69rI&usp=sharing

Also, don't pay attention to the images associated with the locations. They're chosen entirely by Google's algorithm and sometimes don't have any relation.
That is pretty cool. One question - I don't know whether it is possible to do on that platform - can you change it so that the current red/green/yellow is changed to shapes, and then have a colour scheme to represent the number of members? I would just change Australia to the same as other countries, and don't bother with the continent category.

Either way, good job on picking this up! :cheers:

...can you change it so that the current red/green/yellow is changed to shapes, and then have a colour scheme to represent the number of members? I would just change Australia to the same as other countries, and don't bother with the continent category.
I've just changed the pins to small dots, which certainly helps with the clutter situation. When I'm out of class I'll redo the color scheme to reflect population instead of specificity. It might become more colors than red, green, and yellow depending on how I measure the step intervals. Thanks for the feedback! :)

I've just changed the pins to small dots, which certainly helps with the clutter situation. When I'm out of class I'll redo the color scheme to reflect population instead of specificity. It might become more colors than red, green, and yellow depending on how I measure the step intervals. Thanks for the feedback! :)
The dots do clean it up nicely. What I had in mind, which I don't know how easy to do in that version of maps is say, circles for cities. squares for states/provinces and triangles for countries. Still nicely separates categories and leaves room for the population with colors.
I was just looking at the OP, and the 5 step intervals is probably too many, but maybe something like 1-5, 6-10, 11-25, 25-50, 50-100, 100+

Back