The Highway Girl: Page 9 - The New Reina

Page 4 - Matchless Crowd Racing

I postponed the lap time challenge in Route 5 since the tires are in need of a change. Besides, I'm rather sleepy from all the work done today.

Whew.... what a great relief showing that demanding boss what I am capable of. At least that's a good way.

While waiting for the green light at an intersection, I am playing along with that little button on the steering wheel. Otousan told me that it's not functional anymore, and he didn't have the time to fix it.

When I arrived home, I managed to join my parents for dinner and I go straight to sleep after that. I need rest...

Good night!

The next day, and thankfully it's Saturday. So I just head out at around 10 in the morning with the R34. I stopped first at a dress shop in Ginza for me to finalize the outfit that the cover model will wear for the photoshoot on Wednesday. When things are done, I went out from the shop. Suddenly, I see a man with a wavy hair looking at my car.

Reina: "Excuse me? It seems that you are attracted too much by my car."

"Last time I saw this... it was painted in Bayside Blue Metallic."

Reina: "Ummmm... who are you, sir?"

"Oh, my name is Shinichi Kobayashi. Your father knows me a lot. So, he repainted this R34, eh?"

Reina: "Really? I thought that's the original, showroom color."

Kobayashi: "And your father didn't own this thing at first. It was first owned by a British race car driver who's also your father's friend."

Reina: "Oh really!? Well, I think he kinda mentioned about someone giving that R34 to him."

Kobayashi: "Mind if I ride along?"

Reina: "Huh? O... Okay."

And so, we roamed around Tokyo for a while until I decided to treat him for lunch...

kobayashi1_zps56cfa565.jpg

Kobayashi: "Oh how I missed the days I fiddled with that car."

Reina: "You're a tuner?"

Kobayashi: "I am the owner of Matchless Crowd Racing tuning shop. I am a regular in Tsukuba Circuit too."

Reina: "Wow... Impressive... Oh, since you are here, anyway; can you do something about this broken button on the steering wheel?"

Kobayashi: "The scramble boost does not work?"

kobayashi2_zps1b4a0bf3.jpg

Reina: "Scramble boost?"

Kobayashi: "Your father didn't tell you about it? Oh well.... it temporarily increases the turbo boost, hence making it useful on straights or exiting the corners."

Reina: "I see."

Kobayashi: "Careful though, it can damage the engine. Let's go first to my shop. It could be the wiring that came off."

kobayashi3_zpsdbadcffa.jpg

I took that detour and wait for him to finish working on the car. Turns out, the wiring is the problem. I could probably use the scramble boost tonight. He also changed the tires as a bonus.

Reina: "Thank you for fixing it!"

Kobayashi: "It's been a pleasure. So, you're going out tonight?"

Reina: "I guess you also know my endeavors at night."

Kobayashi: "With the locals' stories from Route 5, why wouldn't I know?"

Reina: "I want to take off stress from work that way."

Kobayashi: "Go ahead and do what you like. But is there really a reason why you are running?"

That's a striking question. Why do I run? With my everyday activities at day and running at night, have I really made any progress?

With the scramble boost ready for action, I decided to go back to Route 5 and beat that lap time.

rec1_zpsf9fcdf42.jpg

rec2_zpse4373870.jpg

The R32 feels like it's going off the racing line because of understeer. This R34 doesn't have that problem...

rec3_zps02cccaba.jpg

Okay, time to flick that switch! Whoa... there's this extra kick I just felt! I have to switch it off, though, when approaching the corners.

rec4_zps442d8af2.jpg

rec5_zpsc1648d2f.jpg

Time to flick it on again... It's so addicting to use.

rec6_zps639cb571.jpg

rec7_zps0f8e3bea.jpg

I did a lap time of 1 minute and 16.9 seconds. Shoot, I still haven't beaten it! I may have beaten my personal best, but the course record remains untouched! Damn...

I don't know... Time to reflect on that question Kobayashi-san asked me.

Why do I run? What for?

End of Page 4

EDIT: Some more drawings!

Takuma at 42 years old (though I think he doesn't look like one)

img085_zpsb69cbdac.jpg

Shin at 10 years old:

img079_zps3f8b88bc.jpg

Last edited:
Great chapter, although i'm a bit blind with some references, it's all good reading.

And 1:16.9 a coincidence? Maybe i'll do a 630-650pp multicar time attack there.. No aids too.

Page 5 - MCR vs. WEST

I still can't beat it... No matter how hard I try, that lap time in Route 5 is just too much to handle.

Really? If I beat it, will that take me to anywhere? I am even questioning my job if that will bring me somewhere...

I'm stuck. I'm jealous to my big brother and even to my relatives.

Anyways, I just went straight home after work and glued my face on the PC to check what's going on. Suddenly, my cordless phone rings.

Errr.... so noisy! I'll just pick it up.

Reina: "Hello?"

Takuharu: "Hi there, little sis! How's it going?"

Reina: "Everything's fine, onii-san. How about you? How's Europe?"

Takuharu: "Still testing the GT By Citroen Race Car. In a matter of days, I will race."

Reina: "That's good to hear. I know you'll win again, so good luck to you."

Takuharu: "Your voice sounds depressing. What happened?"

Reina: "I'm just tired, that's all. I just came home from work."

Takuharu: "That's not you at all."

Reina: "Hey, ummmm.... any chance you know about WEST Corvette No. 5?"

Takuharu: "WEST? Isn't that a tuning shop located there in Tokyo?"

Reina: "Really? It's a shop?"

Takuharu: "Not only it tunes Corvettes, but also supplies Corvette racing teams almost all parts that they need. Why ask all of a sudden about a tuning shop? I thought you don't race that much."

Reina: "I just got the thrill of running...."

Or maybe not.

Takuharu: "Running? What are you using?"

Reina: "Otousan's R34."

Takuharu: "That's nice, but I don't think you should really run using that car. It's his car, after all. And running is rather illegal."

Reina: "I find going circles around the track boring."

Takuharu: "But you are risking your life racing at the public roads. And it won't really make you go far."

See? Even he says that...

Reina: "Well anyway, take care. I'll tell Otousan that you called. I'm going to take a brief nap."

At around 10 pm, I head out once again using the R34. I head to Route 7...

Why do I keep doing this???

Suddenly... I saw it!

first1_zps97177cf0.jpg

A black and white C6 Corvette with a wing. That's exactly what that thread says, right?

It zooms away! I gotta chase it!

first2_zps94533ab5.jpg

first3_zpsc691e911.jpg

Corvette... named after a small maneuverable warship. Why name a car after a boat? But looking how it runs, it's actually really fast! This R34 has 815 horsepower! I wonder how much power that Corvette makes.

first4_zps81fe76fb.jpg

And it's stable. I guess American sports cars aren't as scary to handle as everybody says.

first5_zpsd731b15e.jpg

I got you! A rear-wheel drive car cannot make a move at the outside!

first6_zps3682ec3d.jpg

And excessive wheelspin is not something a 4WD suffers from. Sucks to be you!

first7_zpsed3b8d90.jpg

But it already hangs behind me. Just who are you???

first8_zps8e7f37c2.jpg

It already recovered its lead. So that's what a V8 can do, huh? And I even have the Scramble Boost function activated.

first9_zpseac4f191.jpg

5? So that's it. That's the new generation WEST Corvette No. 5!

first10_zps7d675a20.jpg

340... 350 km/h. I've never reached that speed before. That Corvette is pushing me hard.

first11_zpsf4705ed0.jpg

But what can I achieve if I beat it? Is it something that will be very worthwhile?

Why? Why do I keep doing this??? Why am I thrilled to something that would bring me to nowhere? My work at day and this thing, they never helped me in any way!

first12_zpsf9341fe3.jpg

Damn! I went in too fast! Understeer!

first13_zps92772dc6.jpg

Great, I've done it... The front fenders, just like almost the entire bodywork, are made from Carbon Fiber to save weight. And that material is expensive.

first14_zpsc3b64ffc.jpg

Good thing I managed to stop it. Otousan will not like this.

first15_zpsc278ea77.jpg

That Corvette... it's running like there's no tomorrow. It's like it has never lost its will to run.

first16_zps37e0a517.jpg

I'm sure the driver has achieved something in its life. Surely, that person must have enjoyed it. It just runs as if it has found its purpose.

first17_zps314d60f2.jpg

End of Page 5

wow, Finally got to the most recent post lol. Starting from the begining took me 3 days at around 3hours a day. I hope to see more of that West Vette.

wow, Finally got to the most recent post lol. Starting from the begining took me 3 days at around 3hours a day. I hope to see more of that West Vette.

From the very beginning? When Takanori is just going to school with a bike and playing GT5 after school? :D

Page 6 - Fuji Shootout

Wednesday... it's the photoshoot for the cover model of the magazine. I'm not actually in charge of that. So I just left that with the team to finish it within the day.

I am actually working on a new article for next month. For that, I have to meet a Russian woman who is an author of a best-selling book. I am supposed to meet her at a classy Japanese restaurant in Ginza.

And so, at 12 pm, she arrives with her husband. We introduced ourselves, and the couple's names are Alicia Ivanakovitch and Dmitri Ivanakovitch.

While we're waiting for our food to be served, we are talking about the book she wrote. As a matter of fact, I brought my own copy of it and she signed it.

Alicia: "Oh thank you. I never realized that this would be an international hit."

Reina: "This inspires women to work even harder."

Dmitri: "She works all night so as to finish that book."

Reina: "That's really impressive."

Alicia: "It was just a hobby, then it turned out to be a must-read for women. I never knew that this would happen."

Dmitri: "Reina, aren't you a Kanonji? Well, I made some research about you, and your father is a race car driver?"

Reina: "Yes, but he retired recently. He is now helping out our Mochi shop."

Dmitri: "I am eager to meet him. After all, I am a race car driver too. I am active in Europe."

Reina: "Actually, he's in Fuji Speedway right now..."

The WEST Corvette is also present in Fuji Speedway to set a lap time. Takanori, meanwhile, is busy setting up his R35 GT-R Takanori Edition for the same purpose.

fuji1_zps3d6e1c5f.jpg

fuji2_zps6a5f9349.jpg

Takanori: "So, that's the one that beat my daughter, huh? Challenging, I must say."

fuji3_zpsa06be40f.jpg

fuji4_zps80477209.jpg

Takanori: "I still have a "Corvette-phobia". Ridiculous it may sound, but that car almost killed me..."

fuji5_zps93ff2546.jpg

The Corvette sets a lap time of 1 minute and 30.4 seconds.

Takanori: "That sounds like a challenge. My turn now! Time to show that I still have my touch."

As the Corvette returns to the pits, it stops and it turns out that Kenji Rogers is the driver. He is approaching Takanori.

Takanori: "An American?"

Kenji: "You must be Takanori Kanonji. Are you related to Reina Kanonji?"

Takanori: "Yes, she is my daughter."

Kenji: "Oh really? You are one of my idols, actually. The reason I race because of you. It's an honor..."

Takanori: "It truly is. And to think you beat my daughter the other night."

Kenji: "Eh? Really?"

Takanori: "She drove that red R34 you raced in Route 7."

Kenji: "I see."

Takanori: "Can we talk later? I want to set a lap time too."

After a warm up lap, Takanori goes on full throttle.

fuji7_zpsd74ecb73.jpg

fuji8_zps2859870f.jpg

Takanori: "Oh since when was the last time I drove you? But I haven't forgotten how scary you are."

fuji9_zps2291caf5.jpg

Takanori: "I won't lose to some Corvette driver! I guess I'll be avenging my daughter's loss."

fuji10_zps976a5e7a.jpg

fuji11_zpsa35d60fe.jpg

fuji12_zps3134d056.jpg

Takanori: "The acceleration is just face-ripping. I am hitting 330 KM/H at this long straight..."

Takanori sets a lap time of 1 minute and 30 seconds flat.

Takanori: "Heh... I am still the Takanori Kanonji in my heyday. I haven't lost my touch.

And I think I broke my neck. A fat, and popular British car reviewer also broke his neck when he tested an R35 GT-R here. You are such a neck-breaking monster!

Godzilla too much for you?"

End of Page 6

I just wonder when are we getting a proper villain whose mouth can be backed up by his skills on the track.

And Ol' Godzilla Keeper still got it.

Page 7 - New Project

Otousan arrived home at night, just in time for dinner. He tells us what he did today. After all, he's rather bored that's why he goes back to the racetrack again.

And then...

Takanori: "Oh, I just encountered that Corvette that defeated you."

Reina: "Really? Who's the driver?'

Takanori: "Your friend, Kenji Rogers."

Reina: "What???"

Makoto: "Seems that our sweet little angel has found a match.... a match made from heaven. Hehehehehe..."

Reina: "Hey, I just met him once! Besides, we have yet to get to know each other more."

Takanori: "And I beat his lap time. I was .4 of a second faster. I missed driving that R35."

Reina: "That's nice to hear. How's the R34?"

Takanori: "Don't worry about it. The fender has been replaced, and you can enjoy her again pretty soon."

Reina: "That's good to hear."

Makoto: "So, how's your day, Reina?"

Reina: "I just met a couple from Russia for my article due next month. Actually, the husband is a race car driver too."

Takanori: "Interesting combo. Well, just like your parents here! Ha!"

Reina: "Mom... Dad, am I really getting somewhere in my life? Doing articles in a magazine, getting into social gatherings with people I'm not really connected into, and doing street racing. Am I really destined to get stuck?"

Takanori: "You know, you should be the one carving your destiny. If you want to achieve something in your life, then think out of the box! And you dreamed to be Japan's first female F1 driver, right? Then make that your focus! Make it your destiny! I don't even know why and how you ended up in a magazine wherein you have great potential on the track. You were even doing karting at the age of 10! I gave you the R34 for it to be raced on the tracks. Street racing will get you nowhere."

Reina: "You are the best father in the whole world!"

And so, I hugged him tightly.

Takanori: "We'll always be here to support you, Reina. I wish you the best. Now, revive that dream."

The next day, it's my day off. I didn't even bother finishing the article since I have plenty of time to do so.

I head to a department store in Shibuya to buy some clothes. Suddenly, I encountered Kenji doing the same thing! Though why is he in the women's section?

Kenji: "Oh hi."

Reina: "Kenji... so you're the one I raced the other night."

Kenji: "Did I really push you hard? I'm sorry."

Reina: "It's okay. I wasn't skilled enough. But I won't lose to you next time!"

Kenji: "Hmmmmm.... tell me, will a girl like this dress?"

Reina: "Oh, you're seeing someone already? Awwww... well you're handsome. No wonder if a girl will get attracted to you."

Kenji: "Well, unfortunately not. Hey... ummmmm are you free today?"

Reina: "Today is my day off. Sure, I can come with you."

Kenji: "Today, you are deserving to have a look on my next project."

Reina: "Next project?"

After purchasing that dress, we immediately head to the parking lot. And there, he shows off his gray Chevrolet Corvette C7. So, he will turn that into a highway monster...

We hopped in, and we're on our way to...

Reina: "Where are we going?"

Kenji: "To Motegi."

Reina: "I see. So you run a tuning shop called WEST, right?"

Kenji: "It's my father's tuning shop. I inherited it through his will."

Reina: "I suppose he was a race car driver like you."

Kenji: "You're right, he was. In his heyday, he was one of the top-ranking FIA GT race car drivers. He was known for being an expert of the Chevrolet Corvette. He can tell the characteristics of each model even with his eyes closed."

Reina: "But he died 5 years ago, right? How?"

Being a magazine editor, I have to be inquisitive... even if that is a sensitive question.

Kenji: "He died in an accident."

Reina: "Oh dear..."

Kenji: "He was racing at the highway with his C4 Corvette. And then...

...his Corvette lost control at high speed when he evaded a truck. He crashed at a wall at 300 KM/H. Even though his C4 has all the rigidity improvements, they still didn't save him."

Reina: "That's really tragic."

There was silence as we travel along. I can't ask anymore, I have to make him forget that pain. We can't afford to lose our parents, right?

new6_zps9c98eb50.jpg

Amazing... the C7 has lots of power at his disposal!

new7_zps8922dffa.jpg

Kenji: "I like this car's handling. Since this is just a base model, it is easier to tune. And you know very well how much power a V8 engine can make."

new8_zps0e405003.jpg

Reina: "I envy you. You are a pro racing driver. I am just a magazine editor and street racer. But I have made up my mind. I will get into the big leagues. To be honest, my current occupation gets me nowhere."

Kenji: "To be successful, it won't hurt to get out of your comfort zone. Look at your father, he was as stuck as you are when he was young. Because of his determination, he turned to be one of the world's greatest drivers."

Reina: "Yeah. You're right."

Kenji: "There are a lot more opportunities in pro racing than in street racing. Remember that very well."

new9_zps174c612f.jpg

At night in Route 5...

new1_zps6d1990a2.jpg

Dmitri: "I have come all the way here to settle the score that has lasted for 20 years. But you are already dead..."

new2_zpsae9ddfe9.jpg

Dmitri: "Of course, I have to take on the child. Your son has a lot of potential, just like you were."

new3_zps2f781946.jpg

Dmitri: "Come, Kenji Rogers! Let us settle the score! It has been 20 years since I last raced your father!"

new4_zpsb9e823a4.jpg

Dmitri: "This is the only one that gave that C4 a challenge back then!"

new5_zps6284586e.jpg

Dmitri: "I'm waiting, Kenji. I am waiting... I shall not go back to Russia until we have settled!"

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Kentucky vs. Stuttgart

The next day, I am back to work. Business as usual, and I am just typing the article. I have already the info that needs to be in the article. The interview was meaningful.

While I am in the office, having a coffee break, someone calls up. Strangely, it's Ms. Ivanakovitch. What does she want this time?

Alicia: "Hey, my husband wants to meet you at a coffee shop just in front of your office building. He'll be at lunch time. He wants to talk about something important."

Reina: "Okay. I'll be there."

At the appointed time, I am at the coffee shop. Mr. Dmitri has arrived shortly and ordered his coffee. He joins me at the table and he looks rather confident. As if he is going to challenge me in a race.

Dmitri: "Good afternoon, Ms. Reina. Mr. Rogers is your friend, right?"

Reina: "Yes."

Dmitri: "I want to race him. It has been a score that has yet to be settled. His father was my fiercest rival. Tell him to meet me in Route 5 by tonight."

Reina: "I see. I'll relay that message to him."

Dmitri: "It is so strange. Why are you not racing at the tracks? You work at a magazine instead."

Reina: "It's just that I have an outlet at writing, that's why."

Dmitri: "You have a brighter future ahead of you, knowing that your father was a race car driver. You have to make him proud, just like what Kenji is doing right now."

See? Everyone is saying that...

Reina: "Anyhow, let's enjoy our coffee, shall we? They're getting cold."

After work, Kenji and I meet up. I asked him to bring his Corvette, for the upcoming race.

Kenji: "So Dmitri Ivanokovitch wants to race me tonight?"

Reina: "Yes. And you'll do it in Route 5. Do you know about him?"

Kenji: "I do. I used to see him and my dad together. They usually have a smoke and sometimes drink together. Never knew that Americans can be friendly towards Russians. They were the fiercest rivals on and off the track, but they were the best of friends when they're not behind the wheel."

Reina: "A friendly rivalry, eh?"

Kenji: "The night that my father died 5 years ago, he was supposed to race Dmitri. Their last battle was around 15 years. Both of them were too busy for that long period time."

Reina: "So it was a score that has yet to be settled for 20 years. It could have been, but tragically postponed."

Kenji: "Guess I have to make my father proud."

Reina: "I think you should go. I'll just wait here."

Kenji: "I can't allow to leave a woman alone. Ride with me. I want you to see my driving skills. You deserve that."

Is he coming on to me? But that was gentlemanly. Hmmmm... I am sensing something...

And so we head to Route 5's main straight. When we head out of the car, a strong gust of wind blows by. Dmitri approaches Kenji.

Dmitri: "How are you now? Are you coping up with the loss?"

Kenji: "I am fine, thank you."

Dmitri: "You know, after this race, there is something important I must say to you."

Kenji: "Okay. So, shall we get on it? Traffic is empty right now. We'll do 4 laps. Is that okay?"

Dmitri: "Let's start. It's been too long..."

I decided to ride with him and watch the race. When we set off, the Porsche accelerates like a rocket!

duel1_zps0afee3e8.jpg

Kenji: "That's no ordinary Porsche."

Reina: "Indeed. It's tuned by RUF."

Kenji: "I guess that makes over 500 horsepower. Plus the 993 Turbo is 4WD, right?"

Reina: "It's like a GT-R... monster traction!"

duel2_zpsbdd5143f.jpg

Kenji: "Indeed. And it's just a spectacle seeing that car rockets out of corners."

duel4_zps5dc47019.jpg

Reina: "Whoa! It's already leaving us behind!"

duel5_zps46934621.jpg

Kenji: "But I am keeping up through the turns somehow. 4WDs are peculiar to me, you know?"

duel6_zps84a49304.jpg

Reina: "It understeered! Nail it!"

Kenji: "All right!"

duel7_zps49255bbb.jpg

Reina: "You overspeed though the hairpin! You're losing control!"

Kenji: "Shoot!"

Dmitri: "That is not something that a 4WD car has. I have traction all the way!"

duel8_zps152f83b4.jpg

Kenji: "Damn... I got to think of a better strategy. No wonder Dad has equal amounts of wins and losses against Dmitri. I gotta hand it to him..."

duel9_zpse7a41823.jpg

Kenji: "It's the 3rd lap! What shall I do? How can I overcome him?"

Dmitri: "Where's your father's fighting spirit, boy? I am looking for it..."

End of Page 8

8341357179_22564e4802_c.jpg

If no one gets the references to the WEST Corvette... I suggest picking up Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, or your European/Aussie/Japanese equivalent.

(Hope I'm right on this, if I remember when I tackled the WEST I ended up using the MCR GT-R...)

Page 9 - The New Reina

It's the 3rd lap. Kenji is running out of options on how to overtake Dmitri! Even I can't suggest anything...

fin1_zpsbca874dc.jpg

I don't want to ruin his concentration. But...

fin2_zpseca7793e.jpg

Kenji: "Hey, why become so silent?"

Reina: "Ummmm... I don't want to ruin your focus. We are at the last part of the race. You are running out of options."

Kenji: "His Porsche is definitely an ace on the corner exits and straights. But I am also finding it a challenge to control this Corvette through the turns!"

fin3_zps01cb2396.jpg

Dmitri: "You know... your father told me one important task for me to do before he died."

fin4_zps6534945a.jpg

Kenji: "He understeers!"

Dmitri: "Shoot! I am finding it a pain to control this car's understeer."

fin5_zps2f45c658.jpg

Reina: "But he is inching up quickly! Amazing pickup."

fin6_zpsd8944abe.jpg

Dmitri: "I think I really should grant your father's request. You are very competitive."

fin7_zps59e8e3b8.jpg

It's the final lap! Make a move here, Kenji-kun!

fin8_zps70d53c13.jpg

Kenji: "All right... I'm inching up to him."

fin9_zps33a76e95.jpg

Kenji: "Just a little more. Just feather the throttle..."

fin10_zps511f2799.jpg

Nice! You tapped the rear! It's a rear-biased 4WD car, so oversteer is somehow imminent!

Dmitri: "Heh, you are pushing it. I like that style."

fin12_zps34c3ae18.jpg

Kenji: "All right! Time to squeeze through!"

fin13_zpsb6ec9d05.jpg

Kenji: "Damn... I lost that lead. Both of us are pushing ourselves to our limit!"

fin14_zpscf813dc7.jpg

Kenji: "One last push! I can do this..."

It's your last chance! Do it!

fin15_zps4f0d6b0c.jpg

Reina: "That 911 still pulls away..."

Kenji: "Whoa... I gave my best shot here."

fin16_zps3a294364.jpg

Kenji: "This is a learning experience for me. Well, everyone has to face a loss, right? Defeat is part of one's life, but we learn from it to get stronger."

After the run, we meet up at a parking lot. Dmitri treated us some drinks from the vending machine. He is such a nice man, isn't he?

Dmitri: "Oh, I want to tell something important. That run back there is just a measurement of your capabilities. After all, I do want to see if I can complete your father's task to me."

Kenji: "Huh? What is it?"

Dmitri: "He wants you to be under my wing. He entrusted me on polishing your skills. And...

...through you, I want to see your father once again. I want to see his competitiveness, and his passion for what he is doing. I am a team manager, and you are perfect to fill in a vacant spot in my team. There will be races in Europe, lot's of them. So they are the perfect opportunity for you to shine."

I envy you, Kenji-kun... To think you are given an opportunity like that. You will truly be successful!

Kenji: "Well, I have to honor my father's wish. Since I was very close to him, until he died. He was the only one I can share my problems with. He was also my best friend. This time around, I will return the kindness and love he gave to me. That's why I'll be joining your racing team."

Dmitri: "An excellent answer, Kenji. Are you ready for the challenges in store for you?"

Kenji: "Very much ready!"

I wish you good luck, Kenji-kun. Actually, you changed my perception towards my life. You made me believe that there are more beautiful opportunities lying around. You never gave up.

I guess...

...I can be successful too!

A week later, I received a message from Kenji-kun. He left with Dmitri for Europe. I am sure that his road to success begins now.

Me? Well, it's business as usual. I am still finishing the article for the next issue. But...

...it would be the last. I have filed a resignation, and not only I am happy not to see that annoying boss of mine, but also set me onto a new path. A path that was really for me, but I avoided it.

The path of racing. That's where I truly belong. My father did not teach me his racing skills just for me to end up in a magazine. I will put them into good use! And it's also my dream to travel around Europe! Hehehehehe...

And so, a month later, I arrived in France. I am doing window shopping in Paris There, I encountered Aniki...

Takuharu: "Reina!?"

Reina: "Aniki..."

Takuharu: "Hey my little sis! I missed you so much! What brings you here?"

Reina: "I want to be like you. I will race."

Takuharu: "Well, you are born to do that! I am so glad that you decided to awaken your racing genes, hehehehehe..."

Reina: "And I want to beat someone..."

Takuharu: "Who?"

Reina: "Someday, you'll meet him. He's the one that changed my life. He taught me that I should get out of my personal shell."

The End​

If no one gets the references to the WEST Corvette... I suggest picking up Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, or your European/Aussie/Japanese equivalent.

(Hope I'm right on this, if I remember when I tackled the WEST I ended up using the MCR GT-R...)

Fun Game indeed.

Great Stuff as always, Kakashi.

so is the guy that drives a black dodge still alive? sometimes people survive the highway

If you meant Kokoro's ex-husband, he's dead. And he played a minor role anyway.

Still waiting for GT6 Race Reports, though. And few of the readers have exclusive access to some events relating to the upcoming fanfic.

Back