The Highway Girl: Page 9 - The New Reina

Page 2 - Kindness

And so, I tagged along with Takuharu just to hang out for tonight.

Takuharu: "Reina does not really tell either Mom or Dad where she goes. But I think she's doing fine."

Ben: "But of course, parents tend to worry for their children, right?"

Takuharu: "Reina is a smart girl. I admire her for her intelligence. She will not jump into things that will put her in danger."

gtrgirl1_zps24c25e8b.jpg

Suddenly, something comes up from behind. I saw it through the car's inboard rear view camera.

gtrgirl2_zps44beb752.jpg

Takuharu: "That's her..."

The GT-R flashes its lights.

Takuharu: "Here, on a public road??? Oh great, I know what's gonna happen."

And she overtakes us. Whoa, even after decades, the R32 GT-R is still a machine to be feared!

gtrgirl3_zpsd21c8a1a.jpg

Takuharu: "Definitely not going to catch it. It's impossible too, since I haven't modified this car."

gtrgirl4_zps5e8defb0.jpg

gtrgirl5_zps264224c0.jpg

Ben: "I wonder how's my little brother doing?"

Takuharu: "I heard that he won first place in the International Kendo competition."

Ben: "Really? Wow... to think he was only imitating sword fights from Bleach when he was a kid, hehehehe..."

Takuharu: "I remember that... both of you are avid fans of that anime. You usually play roles from different characters of that show."

Ben: "And he always beats me... hehehehe. I never won."

I finally arrived home. Mom is just doing accounting for the restaurant, while Daddy is just cooking dinner for himself since he hasn't eaten for the the whole day.

Ben: "Tadaima..."

Kokoro: "Okaerinasai. Hey, how's Europe?"

Ben: "Takuharu won the first round. The 2nd round will take place here, and he will stay here for a while."

Takuma: "How about you? You have a new race?"

Ben: "I haven't had any. I am bored, you know? How am I supposed to get to the Red Bull X Series if I am just bumming around?"

Takuma: "Good things come to those who wait."

Ben: "How's my little brother?"

Kokoro: "As usual, he's already asleep. He slept as early as 8 pm."

That's normal for him, because he wakes up so early to hone his sword skills.

Ben: "I see..."

I wake up early the next day. I descend to the garden... and bamboo trees are once again cut... Man, Daddy does not like his bamboo garden being destroyed by my little brother.

Oh, you may be wondering who he is. His name is Shin, actually that's short for Shinsetsu. He is 20 years old.

It all happened so fast, the tip of his katana is already touching my chin! There's a brief silence and we just stare each other. He has this surge of killing intent... Kinda ironic, knowing that Shinsetsu means "kindness". But he's all right.

He has a similar hairstyle as that orange-haired guy in Bleach, but of course, he inherited Daddy's navy blue hair. And also, he has an improved physique. He wears a sleeveless black kimono showing off his muscular biceps and a hakama pants. Samurai of some sorts...

Shin: "I told you not to interfere with my training..."

End of Page 2

I bet that Sebastian Vettel and Adrian Newey will appear in this story at some point since they had involvement in the inception of the Red Bull X cars.

Last edited:
Page 3 - The Explosive C3

Shin is really intending to kill me, huh? He can actually make a scratch on my chin for interrupting his training...

gulp...

Whew, he puts his katana down...

Shin: "So, how's Europe?"

Ben: "Well, Takuharu won the first round."

Shin: "Good to hear..."

So he puts back his sword in the sheath and we go back in. He prepares his specialty green tea, something that even Daddy can't do. Man, it tastes really good.

Shin: "Want milk with that?"

Ben: "It's okay. No need to add."

Shin: "I thought the British love putting milk on their tea."

Ben: "Not in my case. I'm half-Japanese."

Shin: "You know, I might use a plastic surgery. I want to look a bit foreign just like you."

Ben: "I think you haven't been attacked by Daddy. Haha! Why say that? You attract more girls than I do."

Yep... Shin is always attacked by Daddy on his sleep every morning to "sharpen up". For the record, Shin has not been put off guard. He always knocks down Daddy a few seconds after his attack. He is scary...

Shin is not someone to mess with. At one point, he almost killed a bully in high school, that pencil he held is just a few inches away from that bully's heart. Though he did that because he is protecting his fellow classmate who has been a victim of bullying for years. He is being protective to the people he cares about...

In short, he is the prime example of "Like Father, Like Son".

Shin: "And I just made Otousan taste the floor a while ago."

Ben: "Hehehe."

Shin: "So, care for a little drive?"

Ben: "Oh sure. What are we going to use?"

Shin: "My recently restored Corvette C3."

Ben: "Oh, you and Daddy put that thing together, right?"

Shin: "Yep. Come..."

And so head off using his Corvette. You know, I am growing to like the C3 Corvette. Its shape is just timeless...

We just enter in a track day.

c3race1_zps4fc4c676.jpg

Ben: "Hey, take it easy. This has just been restored!"

Shin: "Cars like this also deserve to run at its best. You restore to run it like this, right?"

c3race2_zps9d4c3bb8.jpg

Ben: "A car this old, can be this fast???"

Shin: "You know, you should take opportunities very seriously. Grab it the moment you see it."

c3race3_zps44fc51f0.jpg

Shin: "See that Camaro? And this is the opportunity that you should take."

c3race4_zps9c076fb6.jpg

Ben: "Whoa... you're overtaking at the other side? It's small!"

Shin: "Well, then that's the opportunity that you should grab. You think passing at the right is easier? Of course not, that Camaro would block you, knowing that the right lane is wider."

c3race5_zpsb79c04d8.jpg

Ben: "You know, I am proud, and at the same time, envious of you. To think that you are the only Japanese to make it in the Red Bull X Series."

Shin: "Because I grab opportunities immediately. I never let them go out of my sight."

c3race6_zps682cd205.jpg

Ben: "Whoa, even an Evo falls prey. Just how many horsepower this Corvette has?"

Shin: "Just 300. And I like this particular model, since the engine is lighter than the Big Block variants. As a result, it handles good."

c3race7_zpsac6e1b85.jpg

Shin: "But there is one car I aim to control. I haven't done so yet... I end up spinning out with that car. Kinda ironic, it even has a smaller engine than this Corvette."

Ben: "Eh?"

Shin: "Otousan even got mad when I almost crashed it. Since then, I am not allowed to drive it. But I want to. I have to conquer it."

Ben: "Someday, you'll achieve it."

Shin: "We've got the best father in the world. And I am happy that we are his children. One day, I'll be able to say that to him. I'll find the perfect opportunity."

We return home by afternoon. Shin is watering the plants, and Takuharu pays us a visit.

Takuharu: "Yo Shin! Hey, will you be watching the 2nd round in Suzuka?"

Shin: "I don't know. I do have a Kenjutsu session to attend to. But who knows, maybe I can make it."

Takuharu: "And actually, our fathers intend to make an important announcement there. You've got to be there!"

Shin: "No wonder Otousan has been yapping about it. He didn't even tell what is it all about."

Takuharu: "Same goes to my Pops."

Ben: "We'll know it on that day, that's for sure."

Takuharu: "Anyway, I am expecting you there! The fastest Kanonji should be present, haha! See ya!"

And then Takuharu goes in the Mochi shop to help out.

Shin: "The fastest Kanonji, eh? I think I have yet to reach that..."

End of Page 3

Last edited:
Shin attacked every morning.. i can't imagine how awkward it is to see your assailant on every family meal.

Love the story so far.

Page 4 - Vengeful Half-Brother

And so, the 2nd round of The GT By Citroen Global One Make Series has taken place in Suzuka. Though of course, Daddy and Uncle Takanori are at the center stage, as they will make an important announcement.

Fans applaud as they grab their microphones. Even the family is eager to know what they are about to say....

Takanori: "Such a wonderful day, Aniki!"

Takuma: "It truly is. And it gives me the energy to tell something important to our fans here who gave their support to us for over 20 years."

Takanori: "I agree! And saying "Thank You" is not just enough. We are forever grateful to you! Without you, we would never achieved this far and we are not standing on this stage."

Takuma: "So, shall we spill it?"

Takanori: "Well... It would be really sad to tell you this... Oh great, tears are already falling! I can't say it! You do it!"

Takuma: "We would be officially retiring from racing for good."

Hearing that, the fans are very shocked. Even us... Well, why would we be surprised, either? After all, they are contented with what they have, and it seems that they're leaving the legacy to us. They are passing the baton to us.

Some fans are even wiping their tears. Of course, you wouldn't want seeing your idol exiting for good, right?

Takuharu: "Otousan..."

Reina: "Oh great, I'm crying..."

Takanori: "We're very thankful that you are on our side for so long. And now, it's time to show your support to our children, who are following our footsteps and have achieved a lot."

Takuma: "I know that this is shocking for you, but we have decided on it. Takanori and I have talked about it for a year. We are very proud of our children. It's their decision to follow our path because they are so inspired."

Then there's a brief silence...

Takanori: "Hey, shall we start the event? Don't let our announcement ruin it! Let's show support for my son, Takuharu, who will be racing in a few moments."

Takuma: "It's really sad, and this is the only way we could break this to you."

The race has started an hour after that emotional announcement.

gtcsus_zpsc7e86512.jpg

Takuharu: "I have already sensed your retirement, Otousan. But I shall win this for you. Just watch your little racer!"

gtcsu1_zpsd7571b7a.jpg

Takuharu is giving it all... all for his father.

gtcsu2_zpsb355f61f.jpg

gtcsu3_zpsfeee450e.jpg

Kokoro: "Hey, have you seen your father?"

Ben: "Huh? Well, I haven't. Maybe he took a bathroom break."

Kokoro: "Even Takanori-san can't find him either. His FD is there at the parking lot, but he's not here. We've been looking for him an hour ago."

Shin: "Really? Okay, I'll look for him."

Shin has a tendency to worry a lot. But I have a hunch, I think there is to worry about. Where is Daddy? An hour after that announcement, only Uncle Takanori joined us in the pit lane.

I joined Shin in his search, until suddenly I hear Shin's smartphone ring.

Shin: "Hello? Who is this?"

"Don't ever ask how I got your number... You are looking for your father, right? He's with me... if you want to see him, I allow you. Don't call the police..."

Shin: "Hey, who are you??? And where did you take him!?"

"Just at the city center. You know... we need a little reunion. After all, I am his half-brother."

Shin: "I don't care who you are, but if something bad happens to him, I won't forgive you!!!"

He ends the call. What the hell is happening???

Ben: "What is it?"

Shin: "Otousan is abducted!"

Ben: "What!?"

Shin immediately gets his katana from the SUV. Call him weird, but he brings it along. Then we both get in Daddy's FD.

Shin: "Don't come..."

Ben: "I have to!"

Shin: "Fine. Then hold my sword."

Takuma and his unknown abductor are at an empty building at the city. The latter holds a gun and with a baseball bat beside his chair. Takuma, beaten, is tied with his seat.

Takuma: "Just... who are you?"

"I am Renn Eisenberg. I am your half-brother..."

Takuma: "Half-brother?"

Renn: "We could say that. But I am the vengeful one. Your father had caused my mother to suffer and die! I hate extra-marital affairs! I can't stand seeing my mother suffer a lot while I was growing up.

I have waited over 20 years for this. I just need to take away one life from your family, that's all. And that could be you, or one of your children."

Takuma: "I am not going to forgive you if you hurt one of my children."

Renn: "Tough talk. You're already beaten up and tied. What are you going to do about it?"

Takuma: "You think revenge is the answer? Go on, kill me. I am already contented with what I have, unlike you. Avengers are always thirsty."

Shin is blitzing along the streets of Mie Prefecture. He is drifting along...

fdtcdrift1_zpsd9c67433.jpg

Ben: "Hey, there are pedestrians, you know?"

Shin: "Our father's life is on the line! You think we can afford to slow down?"

fdtcdrift2_zpsaac389ca.jpg

fdtcdrift3_zpsf719ee36.jpg

fdtcdrift4_zpsd54652f7.jpg

We have arrived at the location. Shin immediately takes his Katana. Man, this is tense...

Shin: "Just stay here."

Ben: "What!?"

Shin: "If something bad happens between me and Otousan, just call the police. Don't let that abductor go away."

Ben: "I'm coming!"

Shin: "Just stay here, dammit! Otousan cannot afford to lose his Little Ben! I am not afraid to die! I'll do whatever it takes to save him."

I just complied. I know Shin's tough guy image, but this is a life-or-death situation, you know?

Shikai and Bankai are just in Bleach. This is real. He is risking his life!!!

Unknown to him, I followed him...

Shin manages to find Daddy, and then a man is pointing a gun at him. I stayed out of the room and just watch. Damn... I don't like this...

Renn: "Drop your sword."

Shin: "All right then."

Renn: "Takuma... allow me to demonstrate how my mother suffered a slow and painful death. This is how."

The man grabs the baseball bat. He proceeds to beat Shin up. Just fight, Shin! You weren't taught by Daddy martial arts and Kenjutsu for nothing! What's the use of imitating characters from Bleach if you just submit!?

Shin: "Heh..... Sore dake no? Itakunai zo..."

(Is that all? It doesn't hurt...)

Takuma: "Nigero!!!" ("Run away!")

Shin: "Otousan... ore wa nigenai. Anata wo taskeru. Ano yatsu wa okubyoumono da ze.

Zannen da na... Omae wa... yowai!!!"

(Father, I will not run away. I will save you. That guy is a coward. What a shame, you... are weak!!!)

Renn: "Shut up! Feel my mother's suffering!"

He just beats him up further. I can't stand it... Why do we deserve this? We did nothing wrong!

Takuma remembers the day that his adoptive father died 20 years ago. He sheds some tears upon seeing his son beaten up.

Takuma: "Otousan... I will never forget your love and sacrifice. This time, I'll do it... I'll be a loving father like you were..."

Renn: "Takuma, now this is the end."

The man points the gun at Shin. Damn! I have to run and save him!

Ben: "Shin!!!"

However, Daddy manages to untie himself... and shields Shin the moment the shot is fired. He is shot...

Shin: "OTOUSAN!!!!"

End of Page 4

Aaand it's repeating itself all over again...

Hmm, would all the dead characters happen to meet together, eventually? It just came to mind. :)

Allow me to spoil you a bit:

Takuma WILL NOT DIE.

And this story will be quite long. It would not end just there...

Expect more characters and of course, returning characters from the previous generation.

Takuma WILL NOT DIE.

But that does not mean he's gonna walk away from this encounter unscarred. Though, if he could take sniper shots, a handgun's shouldn't be that bad.

returning characters from the previous generation

Finally. Do we get to see a Kanonji-Eisenberg? :dopey:

Allow me to spoil you a bit:

Takuma WILL NOT DIE.

And this story will be quite long. It would not end just there...

Expect more characters and of course, returning characters from the previous generation.

Thank heavens for that. He is your favorite character after all so it would have been a great shame to kill him off.

But that does not mean he's gonna walk away from this encounter unscarred. Though, if he could take sniper shots, a handgun's shouldn't be that bad.

Finally. Do we get to see a Kanonji-Eisenberg? :dopey:

Takuma was shot thrice (twice from assassination attempt on Takanori's life, and in this current story), got beaten up by 2x2 wood block with nails, and got impaled by a guardrail pole.

Then he survives. :lol:

Axel's son will be introduced soon. And as well as Samui and his wife.

Last edited:
Page 5 - Change

Daddy's body landed on Shin. My little brother and I are devastated...

Daddy, please don't go!!!

Shin: "Otousan..."

Takuma: "I will... never ever... let anything bad happen to you. You two are my most precious gifts I have.

Shin: "You idiot! You don't have to act like a shield!"

Takuma: "This may be the last time that we will bicker... heh, even on this very critical moment, you have the guts to bicker with me."

Renn: "It's so hard to choose which one to kill. Hey relax, I only need one person to pay for my mother's suffering..."

Shin: "Uruse..." ("Shut up...")

Renn: "What?"

Shin stands up with all his strength and takes his katana. Shin, no! Don't do it! He rushes towards that man.

Shin: "Omae wo kuroshte yaru!!! Nan no kyoudai da no!?" ("I will kill you! What kind of a brother are you!?)

Before that man could even pull the trigger, Shin already managed to severe that man's hand holding the gun. Dammit... I have to close my eyes...

All I could hear are hacks and slashes...

Shin... why? You think killing him would make Daddy feel better?

Takuma: "Shin..."

Ben: "Daddy, are you okay? I'm not even looking at what he's doing..."

Shin: "Kore de.... saigo da!!!" ("This is... the last!!!")

When I opened my eyes, the man is totally mutilated! Blood is raining on Shin, and just like in Anime, it does make him even scarier. I think he would even kill those who will cross him now.

Shin: "Hah... hah... hah..."

Shin passes out in exhaustion. Good thing the paramedics arrive, and we manage to make it in the hospital in time. Shin was okay, but as for Daddy...

Doctor: "Your father is in the ICU. He is in a serious condition right now."

Ben: "But... but he has chances of survival, right?"

Doctor: "Of course. We will continue to monitor his condition."

I enter the room... I can't stand to see Daddy like this... I don't want to lose another Daddy!

Shin enters the room as well, he has bandages on his head.

Shin: "How is he?"

Ben: "Serious condition."

Shin: "Don't worry... he has been shot thrice, got beaten, and even got impaled. He'll make it."

Ben: "You think so? What about you? You turned into a bloodthirsty monster. You think killing that man would make things better?"

Shin: "Look at what he did to our father. You think I'll make that man walk away easily? He could have killed us all!"

Ben: "But that's not the meaning of justice!"

Shin: "I don't want to argue about this right now. I'm heading out..."

The next day, as by Mommy's request, we transfer Daddy to Tokyo General Hospital for further treatment. I can't even talk to Shin. He suddenly changed... When I arrive home, bamboo trees are cut down one by one.

Shin: "Otousan... if I have gotten stronger, you wouldn't be lying there like a vegetable."

And then he cuts down another one... His slashes are stronger and faster.

Shin: "I'm so sorry. I'm so weak...

I just have to be stronger. Not just in skill, but also in everything. Emotions just get in the way. What's their use, anyway?"

Then he sheathes back his sword. I don't know what to say...

Shin: "Is Otousan okay?"

Ben: "He has improved his condition, thankfully."

Shin: "Good. I'll visit him after this. I'll dress up."

That's it? That's your reaction? It's normal to hear that from him, actually. But something's off... There's something I don't like.

Meanwhile, in Nurburgring, Germany...

alex1_zps64c1abce.jpg

alex2_zps8cc85f81.jpg

alex3_zpsbc3f3582.jpg

alex4_zpsb66cf1aa.jpg

Then the car returns to the pit lane. Katrine gets out of the pit garage.

Katrine: "Alex, how's the car?"

Alex: "Oh there you are, Mom. Why visit me here?"

Katrine: "Just to know how you're doing."

Alex: "I am taking out stress by running at the Nurburgring. I got some Japanese customers who actually want my aftermarket parts to be shipped to Japan. I was thinking of expanding and open a shop in Japan. Well, you told me that Dad intended to open one there."

Katrine: "If that's what you want, well why not?"

Alex: "I have already booked a flight to Japan. I'll be leaving tomorrow evening. Besides, I am so eager to meet my Japanese relatives based on the stories you're telling me when I was a kid. I am one-fourth Japanese, so I might as well get to know more about my Japanese roots as well."

Katrine: "Okay then. I am coming. Oh, are you also interested being their chief mechanic?"

Alex: "I'm too young for that, I guess..."

Katrine: "Well, your father was only 26 when he became a Chief Mechanic for your relatives' racing team."

Alex: "Time to use my expertise, then."

End of Page 5

Last edited:
Page 6 - Beating Some Sense

I am still watching over Daddy still fighting for his life. Vital signs are stable, but I don't know what will happen. He is a fighter, and he'll never give up on us.

Uncle Takanori is at his side too. He cannot let go of his beloved twin, of course. But he has a very positive thinking.

Takanori: "He'll make it. Don't worry! He has been in life-threatening situations like this, you know?"

Ben: "I just hope so."

Takanori: "Also, one of our relatives will visit us here. I got a call a while ago."

Shin: "Who?"

Takanori: "Your cousin from Germany, Alex Eisenberg-Kanonji."

Shin: "Eisenberg, eh?"

Takanori: "Now, now, don't get hostile, okay? Let's treat him properly since he is a part of this family."

Shin: "I'll try not to. Besides, who knows he may have a hidden motive."

Kokoro: "Shin... it's not like that, okay?"

Shin: "Fine. I'll just head out and get coffee. Anyone wants some?"

Kokoro: "We're fine, sweetie."

And so, Shin heads out. I'm just worried for him. Why would he change like that? His tough guy attitude is a given, but not like he is too cold.

While in the plane, Alex is reading a Japanese phrasebook.

Alex: "When meeting someone for the first time, one must say "Hajimemashte". Awww... there are too many phrases to memorize!"

Katrine: "Your uncle told me that it takes a lifetime to study Japanese. From preparatory years up until high school, it's a mandatory subject. Even in college, they still study it. Your father hadn't even mastered it before he died."

Alex: "How am I supposed to interact with my relatives this way? Bummer..."

Katrine: "Don't worry, they are well-versed in English. They are very eager to see you."

Alex: "Watashi means "I". Watashi is a general pronoun used by both males and females, and should be used only in a polite manner. For males, "Boku" or "Ore" are used, but the latter is more of an impolite pronoun depending on the situation.

Great, this has gotten more complicated...

And always end your sentences in "Desu" or "Deshta" (past tense). Example... Watashi wa Alex desu...

Hmmmm... seems okay."

Katrine: "You'll never finish reading that book as we land in Tokyo. Oh well, time to sleep."

The next day, I see some foreigners visiting the Mochi shop. It seems that it's a mother-son duo. Uncle Takanori greets them, and it turns out they are the relatives he talked about last night.

Takanori: "Oh, just across the street lives one of our relatives."

Alex: "Oh there he is."

They saw me...

Katrine: "You must be Ben Kanonji, right? It's so nice to meet you. Oh, here is my son, Alex."

Ben: "Hi there. Nice to meet you."

Alex: "Ummmm.... hajimemashte..."

Ben: "Ahahahaha. Relax, we can speak in English."

Alex: "I want to learn your language."

Ben: "Oh... hehehehe. Nice to hear that."

Takanori: "You know, he is like your Uncle Axel! He's very knowledgeable in tuning!"

Alex: "Ummmmm..."

Ben: "Oh... good. Just what I need. I have an upcoming race, and I need a good mechanic to work on my car. Can you come with me?"

Alex: "Mom..."

Katrine: "It's okay, just meet me in the hotel by dinner, okay? You boys have fun."

I showed him my car. It's a heavily modified Lotus Elise. Unlike Uncle Takanori's Elise which gets a repaint like a person changing clothes, I keep mine in green. Green is the color of hope... that hope that was given to me by Daddy when he adopted me.

And I like things "little", since I was called as such. Hehehehe... I just love lightweight sports cars since the cars of today are getting heavier.

Ben: "Shall we have a ride?"

Alex: "Oh, okay."

And so we go the hills nearby. I love this little scamp devour the corners. Alex, meanwhile, is somehow weird. He is like making an observation.

eliserm3_zpse4f752e2.jpg

eliserm2_zps716eb03d.jpg

eliserm1_zps6f810745.jpg

After a brief run, he checks on the car.

Ben: "Something wrong?"

Alex: "Hmmmm.... you have some moments of unnecessary oversteer."

Ben: "Yeah, well Elises can also get cranky."

Alex: "Your front suspension is way softer than I expected. You have to balance it out. Or at least a few notches softer than the rear."

Whoa... he can tell it? He didn't even drive the car!

Alex: "That's all I can say for now. The car's acceleration rate is superb, and the downforce is more than sufficient for track use."

Ben: "Impressive. But you never got to see your father, right?"

Alex: "Yeah, but Mom tells me amazing stories about him that I decided to continue what he started."

Ben: "That's the power of inspiration. It brings a person to success."

We return by sundown. And Shin is outside our home watering the plants.

Ben: "We're back."

Shin: "Who's your companion?"

Ben: "Oh, Alex, meet my little brother, Shin."

Alex: "Hajimemashte... Watashi wa Eisenberg Alex desu... Have I gotten it right?"

Shin did not even extend his hand and perform a handshake to Alex. Oh dear...

Shin: "Ahhh... omae wa Doitsujin no itoko da. Eisenberg... aruhito wa Otousan wo kuroshtai datta. Omae wa sono hito to shinseki da no?"

("Ahhhh... So you are our German cousin. Eisenberg... someone wanted to kill my father. Are you related to him?")

Ben: "Shin, mou yamero." ("Shin, stop it already.")

Shin: "Kotaero!" ("Answer!")

That's it... this is too much! I punched him on the face.

Ben: "Fuzaken da! (Don't screw with me!) What the hell is wrong with you!? You have no regard towards other people!"

Shin: "You think sitting pretty around here and just watch Otousan lie down like a vegetable will make any progress? How about you? Have you even made a progress in your career? Because of these so-called emotions, and bonding times, you'll never be able to move up! They are trash! You'll never be stronger! You can just afford to sit down and relax? How will you achieve your dream if you just do that?"

I grabbed him by the collar. As the older brother, I have to teach him a lesson.

Ben: "Ask yourself. How did you manage to achieve a lot in your life, if these so-called "trash" are the ones that moved you up? You become stronger because people care for you. People support you, and you'll never achieve anything alone! Look at Daddy, he achieved a lot not only because of his skills, but also the people that love him!"

Shin just lets go and he goes back inside upstairs in his room. I just can't stand Shin being like that. He's not the Shin I know!

Ben: "Sorry about that, Alex. It's just that we're in a turmoil right now."

End of Page 6

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a "Shinsetsu Gaiden".

Or a continuation of the present storyline, after the events of The GT500 Legend II.

I'm torn to choose between the two... :(

Oh, Samui's wife is someone you won't expect...

She is present in other stories. ;)

Oh, I am drawing Shin right now.

Last edited:
Page 7 - Living By The Name

A few days have passed, and I have joined the race. With Alex's help, the Elise performed better! At such a young age, he knows how to tinker a car.

elisermrace1_zps9610a332.jpg

elisermrace2_zps980cd69a.jpg

elisermrace3_zpsad3fbe76.jpg

I won the race without any problems whatsoever. Alex should stay with us, especially that the Red Bull X Series is just around the corner.

Alex: "Omedetou gozaimasu!" ("Congratulations!")

Ben: "Arigatou! Well, without you, I could have been in trouble."

Alex: "So, when is your next race?"

Ben: "I don't know. But right now, I'm actually helping out Shin in preparation for the Red Bull X Series."

Alex: "Ummmmm... how is he?"

Ben: "Nah, don't worry about him. He needs time to clear his mind."

Hmmmm... though I wonder where he set off. He's been out since early morning.

Suddenly, my phone rings. It's Mommy on the other line.

Kokoro: "Your father is awake! Thank goodness!"

Ben: "Really!? I'll go there, right now!"

Man, that's such a great news to hear! I know Daddy can make it!

Meanwhile, at Tsukuba Circuit...

furai1_zps6f8f9fac.jpg

Shin: "Sorry, Otousan... I have to drive this again. I want to master driving this car."

furai2_zpsc15323bc.jpg

Shin: "Strangely enough, the Red Bull X is much faster, yet it's easier to drive than this. I have been practicing my accelerator techniques with this Furai."

furai3_zpsdbfb2b90.jpg

He remembers what his brother told him:

"Ask yourself. How did you manage to achieve a lot in your life, if these so-called "trash" are the ones that moved you up? You become stronger because people care for you. People support you, and you'll never achieve anything alone! Look at Daddy, he achieved a lot not only because of his skills, but also the people that love him!"

Shin: "What have I achieved alone? Is there anything? Maybe Ben is right..."

furai4_zps32003a33.jpg

Shin: "Have I turned into a cold person? All I want is just to be successful in life, just like Otousan.

50.7 seconds... I knew it. I knew I screwed up. The car is definitely a great track toy, but it demands respect. That's something I lack, actually. Otousan and I share fondness for Rotaries. He is the only person in the world to own the Mazda Furai. Speaking of which, I am thinking of the things that made him successful..."

Then he receives an SMS message about the good news.

Shin: "I knew he'll wake up. That idiot.... why would we he risk his life, knowing that I can fend for myself."

Shin arrives at the Tokyo General Hospital at sunset. He sees his mother feeding his father a bowl of soup.

Takuma: "Finally, you got the soup right."

Kokoro: "That's so great to hear. Well, you deserve it since you have to recover."

Takuma: "Yum! I do need to eat a lot..."

Kokoro: "Haha!"

Takuma: "There's my little warrior. Kokoro, Little Ben, can you leave Shin and I alone? We need to have a father-son talk here."

Kokoro: "Okay. Come, Ben."

The two head out as instructed. Shin goes in front of the bed.

Shin: "Otousan... How are you now? Are you okay? If that's about the Furai, I just want to learn more about it."

Takuma: "It's not about that. It's about you."

Shin: "I'm sure Ben told you what happened a few days ago."

Takuma: "Indeed. And you know, I didn't teach you martial arts, swordfighting, and racing for nothing. I didn't teach you to be a selfish person.

That sword... it is weeping. It does not want to become a blade of hatred. It wants to protect others."

Shin: "But that's what I did. I protected you!"

Takuma: "But you killed that man out of anger. You know, revenge never made anyone satisfied. You know the reason why I taught you those things? It's because that I want you to grow up caring for others! Racing feeds more than enough starving mouths, you know? You even promised those orphans at Takuma's Proteges Organization that you will race for their future!

I was selfish and vengeful when I was young. I resented my family for most of my youth, and I don't want you to grow like that. Then I realized, that I have to care for others and even live by my name.

How about you, have you lived by your name? Or have you forgotten what your name means?

Being successful isn't just about getting stronger! A successful person holds high regards for others! A successful person does not achieve its goals alone!

You may have gotten stronger, but you threw away your compassion. Never ever think that other people are just hindrances. Who knows, maybe one time, you owe a lot to them. Look at your relatives, they became successful too, but they still regard other people. They know that they won't make it alone. Ben may have a slow progress compared to yours, but he is very grateful to his team. So much in fact, that he treats the whole team for dinner!

You have to exemplify the meaning of your name, Shin. Or shall I say, Shinsetsu. You have to show the world what "Shinsetsu" means. I promise you, it would be worth it."

End of Page 7

Shinsetsu "turned a guy to a bloody salad" Kanonji.
That's how i look at it. He needed that little lecture so thanks Takuma.

I was comparing your Furai in Tsukuba with a photoshoot i recently did in Motegi. In summary, i might need to amp up the negative exposure next time cause the cars blind me.

Very nice read, I think all the kanonjis and family should race each other at least once though before this one ends, it would be interesting I think...

Back