The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,064 comments
Use medium tyres, dont try running hards ;)
That was with mediums. I've won every other race in the game, including some five chili races. I just gotta dial in a favorite car and mainly the track. I've never seen Maggiore or anything remotely like it in my life. It seems to be about medium difficulty like Seaside Street Galaxy or maybe Malastare or Hydro Speedway in their respective games, those all have fast s curves in them and Seaside Street Galaxy has some insanely long straights on that bridge. The others have short straights so it's a quick burst to full speed, some fast corners, maybe a hairpin, and on Hydro Speedway a lot of waterborne hijinks.
Yeah, I just gotta dial Maggiore in a bit. Actually it is a bit like Seaside Street Galaxy, except there's no Jeffrey statue to flip on its head.

Golded this back in the day when it first came out, but saw this thread and decided to play through again. Pretty straightfoward and easy. RX-vision, 3 x 10 lap stints on RM, no fuel savings.

IMG_2564.jpg

Golded this back in the day when it first came out, but saw this thread and decided to play through again. Pretty straightfoward and easy. RX-vision, 3 x 10 lap stints on RM, no fuel savings.
...on AI easy, normal or difficult?

Completed this race over the weekend and loved it. One of the best races in the game IMO. This was my second attempt. This race was a blast and really forced me to be perfect and run 57-59 for every lap of the race.

Used the Mclaren even though I am typically a Porsche guy. The Mclaren felt better under braking and overall more stable at speed and my first hot lap was quicker than what I ran during the first race with the Porsche.

I ran a 13 lap stint first and made my way up to second place, but should have stuck to 12laps. Fuel Mixture 1 for the whole race. Laps 11 and 12 the medium tires were worn but my lap times were decent and lap 13 I really dropped off in lap time and went from second back to third place after the first round of pit stops. I quickly got back into second place and remained there until lap 22-23 when the leader pitted. I pitted at lap 24, short filled the tank to get me to the end but with a little in reserves so i could be flat out and aggressive. My last stint was the most fun. Fresh medium tires and about half a tank and I was able to run every lap in the 57's. I came out after that final stop in the lead and stretched it from around 2sec to over 10sec by the finish.

IMG_6380.JPG

Done today with the Mazda RX-Vision
TC 1
pit at the end of lap 8 RM, no fuel
pit at the end of lap 18 RM, fuel for 13 laps

my laps time nothing excellent: 1:59/ 2:00

last lap with the second very close, Under 0,500 sec
I’m totally under pressure, so I do a little error in one of the last turn and I take penality (0,500) but after the penality point
so, i Finish first with the second in my exhaust
gold, yes
then in the Final classification I’m second, with the penality
but gold confirmed
unbelivable

Was your intention to pit with the Supra to stay in draft, or any other particular reason fo 8 / 10 / 12?
I would otherwise split it even to make the most of the tyre available, on actually take the longest stint first because
  • propably being slower in the first laps because of AI -> less tyre abuse
  • running away from the AI on their pit stop
  • having more traction on the later stages where you have less fuel for overall better lap times

Was your intention to pit with the Supra to stay in draft, or any other particular reason fo 8 / 10 / 12?
I would otherwise split it even to make the most of the tyre available, on actually take the longest stint first because
  • propably being slower in the first laps because of AI -> less tyre abuse
  • running away from the AI on their pit stop
  • having more traction on the later stages where you have less fuel for overall better lap times
had a lot of problems with this mission
pitted at lap 8 after seen it on YouTube video
always pitted at the end of lap 10 and lap 20 before
done this new strategy and won at first attempt
i did first pit at end of lap 8, I was second with 13 seconds from the first
it seemed a failure as always
but then, you know, second stint very regular, I was on it
I don’t remember well but it seems that Mazda has less fuel consumption…I don’t know

had a lot of problems with this mission
pitted at lap 8 after seen it on YouTube video
always pitted at the end of lap 10 and lap 20 before
done this new strategy and won at first attempt
i did first pit at end of lap 8, I was second with 13 seconds from the first
it seemed a failure as always
but then, you know, second stint very regular, I was on it
I don’t remember well but it seems that Mazda has less fuel consumption…I don’t know
It's important to short shift and manage tires. Stay out longer on the first stint. W the Mazda I put lap 11 then 20io believe

I haven't even found the motivation to try this event. I heard that it's the hardest stage in the "Human Comedy" section.

I haven't even found the motivation to try this event. I heard that it's the hardest stage in the "Human Comedy" section.
It's not even close to it. The Roadster one is much harder.

Surprised you'd say that, I found this one alot more difficult. The roadster one once you confirm when the rain comes you can restart your race and just plan your strategy around the current rng

Surprised you'd say that, I found this one alot more difficult. The roadster one once you confirm when the rain comes you can restart your race and just plan your strategy around the current rng
Which you don't need to do for Lago Maggiore. It's a straightforward race that just requires an hour of consistency.

In fact barely any of the Human Comedy races are challenging as the AI just repeatedly screw it up. Even at Red Bull Ring - the other one with the weather - they react to the rain and frequently far too late as they crawl around on slicks.

Alsace and the Kei events were initially challenging, but then the AI pit for fuel way early; I didn't even touch fuel management for Kei and yet could one-stop while the AI all two-stopped. Deep Forest looked like a challenge, but the lead Taycan was on a three-stopper and then stopped a fourth time as it didn't take tyres when it took "fuel" on the last one.

In the Roadster race the AI are absurdly fast in the rain. While I've done all the others first time in whatever car I had to hand (the Radical is a hilarious no-stopper at Kyoto, and I used the RX500 for Alsace), my only run at Tsukuba got a bronze.

Although I note from my rankings board that the distance I covered is good enough for the win these days, so maybe it's changed for the easier.

Which you don't need to do for Lago Maggiore. It's a straightforward race that just requires an hour of consistency.

In fact barely any of the Human Comedy races are challenging as the AI just repeatedly screw it up. Even at Red Bull Ring - the other one with the weather - they react to the rain and frequently far too late as they crawl around on slicks.

Alsace and the Kei events were initially challenging, but then the AI pit for fuel way early; I didn't even touch fuel management for Kei and yet could one-stop while the AI all two-stopped. Deep Forest looked like a challenge, but the lead Taycan was on a three-stopper and then stopped a fourth time as it didn't take tyres when it took "fuel" on the last one.

In the Roadster race the AI are absurdly fast in the rain. While I've done all the others first time in whatever car I had to hand (the Radical is a hilarious no-stopper at Kyoto, and I used the RX500 for Alsace), my only run at Tsukuba got a bronze.

Although I note from my rankings board that the distance I covered is good enough for the win these days, so maybe it's changed for the easier.
Fair point, I did have a hard time with this race at the onset. It could be that I'm more comfortable on Tsukaba. I found the RNG for this last race would propel Fraga or Rubilar. I think it's easier in the sense that you just need to push. But for many people, the balance of fuel management, tire management and timely pitting while staying fast is very difficult.

Going from 1:59 laps to consistent 1:56 to 1:57is a big ask. Took me longer to get this right compared to tskuba

Going from 1:59 laps to consistent 1:56 to 1:57is a big ask. Took me longer to get this right compared to tskuba
Im of the same opinion.
Tsukaba allows tuning the car and somewhere along the line there are a few screws to fix that made it easier (as far as I remember).
Maggiore on the other hand is strictly speaking simply practice, but in my opinion at a higher level than the Roadster race.

Nope, it's still absurd.

This time I finished second, 25s ahead of third and more than 40s behind first. The lead AI was faster in the dry (by 1.2s on its fastest lap) yet also used its tyres less and used less fuel. It made a mistake in pitting for IMs during a squall when it could have toughed it out for a lap on softs, but otherwise its pit stops were spot on for tyres - contrary to literally every other car which crawled around on slicks in the wet and full wets in the dry until their tanks were empty - and during a period when we were both on IMs it was three seconds a lap faster.

I could switch the difficulty up to hard, which reputedly makes this race easier, but that'd be... unsportsmanlike. Not that cheating AI is particularly sportsmanlike, I guess.

Im not getting it....... This is the only mission I cant get gold and have tried numerous times. Tried RH 1 stop and I end up in 14th, 1 lap down. Best I can run on RH is 2:00. Practiced on circuit exp and run 1:56 with same tires. I get up to first or second pit 30 min and when I come out of pits I end up in 17th and only muster 14th place, I seen some do this race in 15 laps...WTF I'm at 29 every time. Can someone help?????

Im not getting it....... This is the only mission I cant get gold and have tried numerous times. Tried RH 1 stop and I end up in 14th, 1 lap down. Best I can run on RH is 2:00. Practiced on circuit exp and run 1:56 with same tires. I get up to first or second pit 30 min and when I come out of pits I end up in 17th and only muster 14th place, I seen some do this race in 15 laps...WTF I'm at 29 every time. Can someone help?????
Done today with the Mazda RX-Vision
TC 1

my laps time nothing excellent: 1:59/ 2:00

last lap with the second very close, Under 0,500 sec
I’m totally under pressure, so I do a little error in one of the last turn and I take penality (0,500) but after the penality point
so, i Finish first with the second in my exhaust
gold, yes
then in the Final classification I’m second, with the penality
but gold confirmed
unbelivable

Circuit experience doesnt necessarily run with the BoP setting the cars are forced to when starting the event.
Dont bother hard tyres, use the mediums instead.
And then go on repeat until you manage to finish, until it works out.

To me, it still doesnt as I want it to:

What won me the Roadster race was starting on RH tires and putting the PP I saved into engine upgrades. I was a little slower in the dry than the AI, but once we all got onto rain tires that changed real fast.
I'd been playing on Hard difficulty for a while at the time and saw no need to change that.

What won me the Roadster race was starting on RH tires and putting the PP I saved into engine upgrades. I was a little slower in the dry than the AI, but once we all got onto rain tires that changed real fast.
I'd been playing on Hard difficulty for a while at the time and saw no need to change that.
Somewhat counterintuitively (ie it's broken) the Roadster one is easiest on Hard.

As an experiment, I switched from Easy (the hardest, to which I had switched for the race knowing that it was the hardest) to Normal and the lead AI lost sufficient pace that it finished two laps down on its Easy equivalent...

Thank you all……finally took first and I used the Ferrari 458 GT3 ‘13 on RM with 2 pits. It was close at the end as my tires were worn out. Held off Yamanaka.
IMG_9647.jpeg

Last edited:
Somewhat counterintuitively (ie it's broken) the Roadster one is easiest on Hard.

As an experiment, I switched from Easy (the hardest, to which I had switched for the race knowing that it was the hardest) to Normal and the lead AI lost sufficient pace that it finished two laps down on its Easy equivalent...
Makes me wonder if Hard is the correct difficulty (for hard) and PD screwed up a multiplier or something for "easy", meaning that hard is still hard but easy is hard++. Has anyone beat the Roadster race on 'easy'?

Thanks to this thread, I had the courage to commit to this race for an hour with some confidence. Took the 650S as someone had suggested which is fine by me as it’s one I’m comfortable with having used is extensively in online races. This is a track I haven’t spent a lot of time on but got faster through the race and eventually took fastest lap. Ran two stops on the RM tires and just pit when Rubilar pitted each time… he’s terrible in traffic so used those periods to gain ground on him. Took the lead around the 55 minute mark and ended up winning comfortably. Car was completely stock with no changes to any settings
1705360748631.jpeg

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if Hard is the correct difficulty (for hard) and PD screwed up a multiplier or something for "easy", meaning that hard is still hard but easy is hard++. Has anyone beat the Roadster race on 'easy'?
On easy, I couldn't get anywhere near winning. Leader was putting in 57's. Quickest lap I got was 58.5. Switched to hard and ended up lapping the field. Got helped by a couple good pit stop choices from myself and bad AI pit stops. I think I did 2 fewer stops than AI. They all stopped for wet tyres and I stayed on inters, so they all had to stop again to go back to inters like 2 laps later.

On easy, I couldn't get anywhere near winning. Leader was putting in 57's. Quickest lap I got was 58.5. Switched to hard and ended up lapping the field. Got helped by a couple good pit stop choices from myself and bad AI pit stops. I think I did 2 fewer stops than AI. They all stopped for wet tyres and I stayed on inters, so they all had to stop again to go back to inters like 2 laps later.
When I tried Easy they did run :57's but they only ran 56 laps total. I didn't win the race because I'm rather rusty at this race and didn't have a good setup on the car. However, when I played it on Hard I did win with 55 laps and not by some massive margin. So 1 extra lap over the course of an hour on a race that has rain for about half of it. Thats tough to say if it's always significantly harder on Easy vs Hard or if the roll of the dice with the weather conditions has an effect on how many laps you can put in. That doesnt mean this race is easy by any means. Its probably the 2nd or 3rd hardest Human Comedy race. (Maggiore is hardest and RBR is also pretty tough). Yeah, they run faster lap times On Easy, but they also pit every 2 laps towards the end of the race to swap out their Wet tires giving you time to catch up on RH tires. You just need to stick on the dry line.

I found my groove at Maggiore with the RX-Vision in a Quick Race during server maintenance. I chose not to adjust anything aside from fitting RM tires and ran 10 laps on pro difficulty, most were 1:59 with a 1:58 and a 2:00. I was in first place on lap 7 and held a 1.5 second lead from there.
I'm not sure why they're calling Maggiore a medium speed track. Over at Spa if you can handle Les Combes/Malmedy and College, you can handle anything Maggiore has. There's in blind right near the beginning and a decreasing radius turn at the end to watch for, everything else is a matter of punching it deep inside the turns and using the full width of the track.
I may give the Human Comedy race a try and win a couple cars I don't need.

Is it possible to win this race on AT? I’ve been trying for months to win this race but I can’t haul in Rubilar, even after I’ve led the field, because his pit stops are so much shorter than mine. I can’t seem to find the right mix of speed, tyre wear and fuel usage that would get me over the line.

Is it possible to win this race on AT?
Definitly possible, but also definitly either more difficult or restrictive on the viable cars as you would need to find one that doesnt require shortshifting as much as the others.
Dont use fuel map, stay on FM1, and for what it is worth I always end up faster with the softer tyres and doing 2 pits instead of 1.
If I remember correct, the Nissan GTR is well suited for AT.
Propably also the Subaru BRZ.

Back