The 'I didnt know that' Thread

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by MUSC4EVER, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Something I just found out about in this past hour is my new black PSP has 4 different brightness settings, meanwhile my old silver one has 3. It’s crazy to me though, because their both 3001’s, yet have different brightness settings. Not sure why that’s the case.

2. TB

TB Moderator

Because black is darker and silver is brighter. :p

Sonygamer455 likes this.
  3. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Except my black model is actually the brighter one in this case. :lol:

Just did a little reading and I figured out that the 4th setting is originally only available while it's plugged in and sure enough, my silver one has it, but it only shows when it's plugged in. My black one has CFW on it and it would seem the CFW I installed made it available without needing to be plugged in. No wonder my battery was dying a lot quicker. :lol: I've had my PSP for 10 years now and never knew that until today!

TB likes this.
  4. TB

TB Moderator

I meant it needed the extra brightness because it was darker. Or something like that.

Sonygamer455 likes this.
  5. TB

TB Moderator

I'm watching The Last Dance. I had no idea the intro song for the Chicago Bulls was performed by The Alan Parsons Project.

6. TexRex

TexRex Premium

"Sirius". Great tune.

TB likes this.
  7. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

With the whole COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic, I was curious about masks and exercising. One thing I read is that wearing a mask while exercising or playing sports can make it tougher to breathe. I never really thought about trying to breathe while being active. I was thinking maybe mask wearing in exercise or sports helped you keep your body temperature at normal to where your chances of contracting COVID-19 would be less since you are physically active. Then again, what do I know?

8. W3HS

W3HS Premium

I wore a pollution mask on and off for years while commuting by bicycle. They mostly weren’t gentle rides either. The mask does definitely restrict airflow and cause the activity to feel more strenuous. However, it was mask or lung fulls of diesel smoke so the mask was an easy choice.

9. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

If you use Blender 2.79b, the splash screen seems familiar. I was once on YouTube seeing what I guess was a trailer for a short film produced in Blender. It was "Agent 327 Operation Barbershop." That short film is what the splash screen for Blender 2.79b is from.

As an off-topic note, I am finally getting around to seeing certain popular Blender short films, including "Big Buck Bunny" and "Sintel." Some people tend to forget or not realize what exactly you can do using Blender- including quality short films.