The 'I didnt know that' Thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 717 comments
Something I just found out about in this past hour is my new black PSP has 4 different brightness settings, meanwhile my old silver one has 3. It’s crazy to me though, because their both 3001’s, yet have different brightness settings. Not sure why that’s the case.

Something I just found out about in this past hour is my new black PSP has 4 different brightness settings, meanwhile my old silver one has 3. It’s crazy to me though, because their both 3001’s, yet have different brightness settings. Not sure why that’s the case.
Because black is darker and silver is brighter. :P

TB
Because black is darker and silver is brighter. :P
Except my black model is actually the brighter one in this case. :lol:

Just did a little reading and I figured out that the 4th setting is originally only available while it's plugged in and sure enough, my silver one has it, but it only shows when it's plugged in. My black one has CFW on it and it would seem the CFW I installed made it available without needing to be plugged in. No wonder my battery was dying a lot quicker. :lol: I've had my PSP for 10 years now and never knew that until today!

I'm watching The Last Dance. I had no idea the intro song for the Chicago Bulls was performed by The Alan Parsons Project.

With the whole COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic, I was curious about masks and exercising. One thing I read is that wearing a mask while exercising or playing sports can make it tougher to breathe. I never really thought about trying to breathe while being active. I was thinking maybe mask wearing in exercise or sports helped you keep your body temperature at normal to where your chances of contracting COVID-19 would be less since you are physically active. Then again, what do I know?

With the whole COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic, I was curious about masks and exercising. One thing I read is that wearing a mask while exercising or playing sports can make it tougher to breathe. I never really thought about trying to breathe while being active. I was thinking maybe mask wearing in exercise or sports helped you keep your body temperature at normal to where your chances of contracting COVID-19 would be less since you are physically active. Then again, what do I know?

I wore a pollution mask on and off for years while commuting by bicycle. They mostly weren’t gentle rides either. The mask does definitely restrict airflow and cause the activity to feel more strenuous. However, it was mask or lung fulls of diesel smoke so the mask was an easy choice.

If you use Blender 2.79b, the splash screen seems familiar. I was once on YouTube seeing what I guess was a trailer for a short film produced in Blender. It was "Agent 327 Operation Barbershop." That short film is what the splash screen for Blender 2.79b is from.

As an off-topic note, I am finally getting around to seeing certain popular Blender short films, including "Big Buck Bunny" and "Sintel." Some people tend to forget or not realize what exactly you can do using Blender- including quality short films.

There was one thing I didn't know a long time ago, and something I learned of recently. First, for the former for this post...

* I always sort of forgot what it meant when females have a flower in their hair in South Pacific culture. If a female has a flower in her hair behind her right ear, she's single. If she has a flower in her hair behind her left ear, she's taken. Some who are single probably intentionally wear the flower behind her right ear so she doesn't want to get with somebody.

* I know Twitter has a Following limit of 2K Following; however, I learned recently that Instagram has a limit of 7.5K to Follow. I noticed this when I followed some additional profiles on Instagram... or so I thought I was followed to them. Turns out, the same recommended profiles shown up while capped at 7.5K profiles to follow. So I ended up removing as many of those 7.5K profiles I rarely followed. I swear I went from about 7.5K profiles followed to about 7.2K profiles followed in a span of about two hours deciding who to unfollow. I don't do "Follow-for-follow" or anything like that. Don't really follow someone's profile unless you actually care about that individual or that entity.

And... there you go.

[UPDATE] Changed "Profiles" to "Follows."

Last edited:
I am human after all. Edited my latest post. I did indeed mean "Follows" and not "Profiles."

I am human after all. Edited my latest post. I did indeed mean "Follows" and not "Profiles."
I'm still not understanding. Are you saying I'm only allowed to follow 2K people. Or 2K people can follow me and that's it?

I'll try to say it like this... Apparently, as many people on Twitter can follow you. However, you can only follow as many as 2K people. Likewise... you can have all of Instagram follow you, but you are only allowed to Follow 7.5K people. It is apparently an anti-spam measure. That also applies to trying to follow as many people in a short time frame.

Somethings I have learned over the past few months:

1. Some of the lyrics to the song "Swing" by Trace Adkins are actually baseball metaphors for sex. I've known this song since it was released and I never even knew this or suspected it, I always assumed it was just about baseball, but it would seem theirs's more to it than I once thought. :P

2. Speaking of Trace Adkins, one thing I have known for years is Trace Adkins has two versions of his song "Rough & Ready", one with a least 2 profanities and another without them. One thing I didn't know however is he apparently has two different releases of his album "Comin' On Strong" because the one my sister owns has no bad language in that song, meanwhile the one on iTunes does.

3. Although I have known for years that songs bought on iTunes do have your username and email address listed in the songs file, something I didn't know is it also contains your user id and transaction id as well.

I didn't know pescatarian is a thing.

Pescatarians don't eat poultry. Or is it fowl?

Last edited:
I didn't know pescatarian is a thing.

Pescatarians don't eat poultry. Or is it fowl?

It's someone who doesn't eat meat but will still eat fish.

Why you could love animals so much that you can't bear to kill or have them killed for your consumption pleasure - but hate fish to the extent that you'd want to eat them, is something that always puzzles me about pescatarianism.

Why you could love animals so much that you can't bear to kill or have them killed for your consumption pleasure - but hate fish to the extent that you'd want to eat them, is something that always puzzles me about pescatarianism.
It makes little sense if you limit reasoning to ethical concerns. There are other reasons to favor one food source while eliminating another from your diet.

A hunting cohort of mine kills game animals for consumption but doesn't partake of them himself. He does consume the fish he catches, however.

Last edited:
It makes little sense if you limit reasoning to ethical concerns. There are other reasons to favor one food source while eliminating another from your diet.

A hunting cohort of mine kills game animals for consumption but doesn't partake of them himself. He does consume the fish he catches, however.

I would say that the majority of folk who label themselves as pescatarians, certainly the ones who i know, do so because they don't eat meat for ethical reasons. Those who do it for dietary reasons probably don't label themselves that way, its just a food they avoid. it's the ethically not eating of the land and air-base creatures but **** those slimy water dwellers that i don't understand. What is it about chickens that you love and cod that you despise?

I would say that the majority of folk who label themselves as pescatarians, certainly the ones who i know, do so because they don't eat meat for ethical reasons. Those who do it for dietary reasons probably don't label themselves that way, its just a food they avoid. it's the ethically not eating of the land and air-base creatures but **** those slimy water dwellers that i don't understand. What is it about chickens that you love and cod that you despise?
Then...ask those you know who think it wrong to eat meat and poultry but not fish. You've apparently got the opportunity while I do not.

Usually among my Facebook friends, I do a few segments where I mostly share YouTube videos with my friends and family of certain themes. One of those I do is "Travel Tuesday," where I make my weekly virtual world tour with everyone. Anyhow... most of you NASCAR fans know of Bristol, Tennessee, USA and Bristol Motor Speedway. What I didn't know is that Bristol is a twin city- there's a Bristol, Tennessee... and a Bristol, Virginia connected to each other! Some resources both share; some other resources are different. Then on Facebook, someone from the Netherlands suggested there are some businesses in the Netherlands that are also on the border of Belgium to the south where different rules apply depending on what half of the Netherlands/Belgium border you are on.

It was interesting to know that Bristol, TN, USA had such a bond with Bristol, VA, USA; and I never heard of Virginia's Bristol until yesterday.

Adding onto the Bristol business. I recall learning that there's a city named Bristol in Connecticut when I lived there, I only learned that because it was the town neighboring mine, Farmington. Well, before I moved of course.

In which is amazing to think about, there's a Bristol in Tennessee, Connecticut, and now I learned from the post above about a Bristol in Virginia. With that said, I decided to google how many cities named Bristol are in the USA. There's 27 Bristols total in the USA, that's ridiculous.
https://geotargit.com/citiespercountry.php?qcountry_code=US&qcity=Bristol

There's a Bristol in Texas, though I don't believe it's incorporated. It's just outside of Ennis, southeast of Dallas.

The Bristol in Connecticut I know of is where ESPN is based, I believe. That's how I know of the Bristol in Connecticut.

A man by the name of Frank Hayes won precisely one steeplechase, back on June 4th 1923. This is notable only due to the fact that he is, to this day, the only known horse jockey to win a race after his death.

A man by the name of Frank Hayes won precisely one steeplechase, back on June 4th 1923. This is notable only due to the fact that he is, to this day, the only known horse jockey to win a race after his death.

That had to be a major demotivator for the other jockeys. Couldn’t even beat a dead guy. :lol:

Too soon?

Being a NASCAR fan, I of course have known about Bristol, Tennessee for years. I didn't know part of it was also in Virginia until a Geico commercial some years later.

One of my favorite late 1990s, early-2000s cars is the Lincoln LS. As much as I like that car, I wasn't sure what Jaguar it was based off of as I kept being told of the LS being based on a Jaguar. I later found out it was based on the Jaguar S-Type (which I also loved). Considering how Lincoln Motor Company has evolved, it would be very cool to see a modern take on the old LS with some of their handsomely designed vehicles of late.

Back