The 'I didnt know that' Thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 717 comments
Most people are more afraid of speaking in public than death.

In 1994 the writers of Toy Story concepted WALL-E, A Bug's Life, Monster's INC., and Finding Nemo all during a single lunch.

Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

Coca-Cola is the only company in the U.S legally allowed to import the coca leave-A primary ingredient in Cocaine.

Final Fantasy's name came from as a sort of a finale, literally meaning Square's final fantasy. Ironically, it wasn't.

Metallica lead singer James Hetfield was restricted by his studio contract from a hobby of his while on tour: pro skating. This is to prevent broken arms.

The Eiffel Tower celebrates the anniversary of the French Revolution.

Will Smith was once considered to be Neo, from the Matrix.

Licking a plate clean is considered rude in some cultures, but in Japan, it means you appreciate what you ate.

Vikings die peacefully and go to Valhalla if they die in battle. If not, they go to hell. Their version of hell, however is eternal cold.

Will Smith was once considered to be Neo, from the Matrix.

I remember reading this back when The Matrix was released. He wanted to make Neo's role more humorous so he was not accepted. Tom Cruise was also offered the role but wanted too much money for the part.

Sean Connery, the man made famous for being one of the defining James Bond in the long running movie franchise of 007, actually hated being James Bond.

How about a little info near your home. I live about 10 miles away from Bracken Cave witch is the home to the largest colony of bats in the world. I'm BATMAN....

Tumbler gets more than 20 billion page views a month.

A 39 year old Pennsylvania father was arrested for openly asking his 13 year old daughter for sex over Facebook.

Tim Allen was a convicted drug dealer before becoming famous.

There is evidence that babies cries have specifically evolved to be as annoying and hard to ignore as possible.

Before becoming a drug addict, Kurt Cobain hated drugs, did not drink and even would freak out if someone smoked near him.

There are now more Subways than McDonalds in the World.

A Splenda is 600 times sweeter than sugar.

One third of the Worlds population has never made a telephone call.

There are aircrews whose sole jobs are to fly into hurricanes for collecting data.

40 million people in China live in caves.

@W3HS I've heard of Yaodong homes, but not the 40 million estimate.

Seeing what they really are kind of dispelled any sense of surprise at how many people in that region of China live in them though. Most appear to be man-made, either built into the hillside or covered with mud for insulation.

I'm sure there are plenty of people living in caves but I can't possibly see it being that high a number.

Oh right, I see. Not actual caves but mountain side dwellings. That makes sense.

Although I wonder how truthful that article is because I been to Chairman Mao's original home and while it is modest and poor it isn't a cave in the sense of what people think a cave is. They're more like hobbit holes. :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up. 👍

Haven't posted on here for a little while so here's some facts from me

Every Apple iPhone advertisement displays the time as 9.41am, the time Steve Jobs unveiled it in 2007.

Multiple lightsaber training academies exist.

The Microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

TIL: The deadlift is actually named for lifting the dead.

Years back a Roman general needed to figure out a way for his young soliders to stop getting hurt clearing away dead bodies from the battlefield.

As the story goes, he taught them proper lifting technique, and the deadlift was born. So yes, the name literally comes from learning how to lift the dead.

Does anyone know if this story is apocryphal? Surely it is...

Traditional Christmas dinner in japan is usually KFC. The chain's restaurants are fully booked for the Christmas meal well ahead of the date.
They should twin Japan with Lewisham...

Traditional Christmas dinner in japan is usually KFC. The chain's restaurants are fully booked for the Christmas meal well ahead of the date.
This I can confirm. As the advert one of my friends photographed shows.
1234865_10152809769648011_8056006326285905639_n.jpg

Also.

The US abducted people from South America with Japanese or German ancestry during WW2 to sell them for the return of their own citizens behind enemy lines.
http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war...rnment-camp-fdrs-secret-exchange-program.html

Last edited:
KFCs are very popular in Asia. At least in China. I've been to a few there and they're really different than the ones in America. They have soup and stuff.

KFCs are very popular in Asia. At least in China. I've been to a few there and they're really different than the ones in America. They have soup and stuff.
I've heard about that.

Its odd, but then it's a global brand so it always happens. Mcdonalds for instance sell traditional meals of different countries In their restaurants.

I've heard about that.

Its odd, but then it's a global brand so it always happens. Mcdonalds for instance sell traditional meals of different countries In their restaurants.
I laughed when I went to Germany and I could order a pint with my burger at Mcdonalds.

Last edited:
Only five people in the world born in the 1800's are still alive, and all of them are women...

I know. I've lived in SE Asia since 2009.

I don't know about American KFC but the ones I've been to in Asia, which is a lot, have more or less the same menus as European KFC. I'd say it's 80% the same, the only extra is things like rice dishes and soups, of which there are only a few choices and they're a relatively new addition.

Anyhow, a group of super nerds calculated the estimated cost of building a Death Star: $852,000,000,000,000,000!

Last edited:
Back