The "if only" corner

• Thread starter jasguer
  • 41 comments
You can in Circuit Experience... obviously you can't pick the car but you can still learn about a particular corner... the instructions for each sector are really useful too
Thank you, I have seen this area but wasn't sure how it worked. I sill check it out and see how it works.

Agreed, but I also would love a way to just "replay" a particular corner at racing speed. Hit a button, go back in time 15 seconds, try again. The "15 seconds" bit is obviously not absolute or even correct, but you get my idea, I hope.
Yes, this is more like what I was thinking about.

Thank you, I have seen this area but wasn't sure how it worked. I sill check it out and see how it works.
Essentially, all of the tracks are broken into sections of 1-3 corners. There is a tutorial running across the screen telling you exactly the line to take, brake markers to look for and throttle input. You can pick and choose which sections you do, but I would probably burn through them all initially just for practice :)

How about this... which 3 turns are best to practice trail braking, where you can go insanely deep on the entry?

If I knew that, then I'd probably repetitiously grind and dial them in via the Circuit Experience mode and then apply that routine to my normal lap times.

I see a pattern in that corner list, a lot of them being a lot about balls, quite simply. You want to take all the advantages a video game has to offer - being able to crash without dying or going bankrupt.

I see a pattern in that corner list, a lot of them being a lot about balls, quite simply. You want to take all the advantages a video game has to offer - being able to crash without dying or going bankrupt.
I really struggle with this... hate hate hate to go off course or crash... probably really limits my "pace" progression.

Interlagos: the turn right before the long section on the front straight.
Dragon Trail: 1st chicane.
Nurburgring: Mini karussel.
Yamagiwa: that 90 degree turn before the 180 at the end.
Bathurst: Turn 2.
Lake Maggiore: first turn of sector 2.

Going "over the mountain" at Bathurst is where I'm strongest and can usually make up some good time. The chase is my nemesis. After 4 years on that track in GT6 I still get an uncomfortable feeling as I'm going down conrod.

Turn 1 at Blue Moon is horrible for me. Even running by myself, I never feel confident, or like I'm doing it right. On the other hand, I've got that turn nailed in the reverse direction. Usually pick up spots there and have been rewarded with a couple of GT3 sport mode wins. The last time there, I got that turn perfect on the final lap and stole the win by less than a second.

How about this... which 3 turns are best to practice trail braking, where you can go insanely deep on the entry?

If I knew that, then I'd probably repetitiously grind and dial them in via the Circuit Experience mode and then apply that routine to my normal lap times.

Try the Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi. Minimal track with both low and high speed trail braking opportunities. I'd recommend a N300/400 car with neutral/understeer characteristics on SH if you are new to trail braking. Also, set the brake bias forward to minimize excessive rotation as you come off the brakes.

Try the Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi. Minimal track with both low and high speed trail braking opportunities. I'd recommend a N300/400 car with neutral/understeer characteristics on SH if you are new to trail braking. Also, set the brake bias forward to minimize excessive rotation as you come off the brakes.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just started GT Sport after Xmas then restarted again about 3 1/2 weeks ago when I got my Fanatec wheel. I hated it at first, I thought I made an expensive mistake but I stuck with it. I am way, way more consistent and I am just starting to find speed, I seem to be about 2% off the fast daily time everywhere, or about 2 seconds over a 1.40 lap. Unless Im matched with real fast drivers I usually start in the the top 5 and have had several poles and fast laps since learning the wheel. Im sure more speed will come with time.

You're ringing a lot of bells here:
Dragon's Tail: the bus stop has been giving me fits since the beta, but I did get it right.
Mount Panorama, the whole up and down the mountain thing was the hardest for me in the circuit progress offline.
Suzuka: I've never felt that I mastered spoon, just gotten it "good enough". Then again, I feel the same way about the corkscrew at Laguna Seca.

Ugh, the mention of Labuan Seca's corkscrew has triggered my PTSD from repeatedly spinning out the Viper back in GT5......I eventually did get it nailed down but not with out some emotional trauma.

Back