The Isuzu 4200R Concept '89-Fantastic Car!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlazeTheCat05
  • 50 comments
  • 10,124 views
Messages
7,300
United States
Massachusetts
Messages
llClaude_Speedll
Messages
BlazingSol05
For only 450HP and 530PP, this car really knows how to use it's power! I've noticed that almost nobody uses this car, because of it's price and it's awkward looks (looks like a sporty truck!). But seriously though, spend the cash on it, upgrade it completely, and take it to the tracks. It'll reach 200MPH without a draft, and it's cornering skills are on par with some race cars. I strongly recommend this car to anyone who abuses the goofy PP setups.
 
Funny you mention this, I think I saw someone using one online earlier, had no idea what it was when I saw it! It's the one with the two moving flaps/wings at the rear right? Was really surprised to see it keeping up with everything else in the room for the way it looked.
 
Funny you mention this, I think I saw someone using one online earlier, had no idea what it was when I saw it! It's the one with the two moving flaps/wings at the rear right? Was really surprised to see it keeping up with everything else in the room for the way it looked.

Actually that was the Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89. They look very similar, except the Isuzu is Premium. :sly:
 
Only 450 hp???! 450hp is a lot.
 
I love the back story of the car too!

For those of you that don't know: The original concept car was destroyed shortly after it finished it's car show cycle. Yamauchi-san and Polyphony Digital had to work with the original designer of the car who was going off of memory to recreate the car digitally. Pretty awesome stuff!

Here's the whole story!
 
Someone has finally noticed my beloved car! I was surprised when I wasn't the only person to tune it properly...love this car way too much
 
Love that car. reminds me of the concept cars I dreamed of when I was a kid, like the Audi Avus Quattro. I prefer to mild tune it, and with around 360HP, sport softs and weight reduction 1, it drives a well, or better than most modern cars of the same power.
 
I truly love this car, and it was one of my early favourites in GT5 and i still use it now and then, its an awesome car that should not be underrated as it is, its just an absolute joy to drive 👍
 
Only 450 hp???! 450hp is a lot.

True but the PP limits pit you against cars like the Veyron and F1 offline, and pits you against cars like NOMAD Diablos, M3 GTR Race Cars, Ferraris and Vipers online.

Anyhoo it's a great car. It's design reminds me of some early 90s Hotwheels car designs, but Lotus helped design the car. Love it's blacked out headlight covers and dark tinted windshield. The only gripe I have with this car is that it's right hand drive, but I've learned to deal with it. Other than that, It goes like a bat outta hell, and easily destroys similarly classed cars.
 
I love the back story of the car too!

For those of you that don't know: The original concept car was destroyed shortly after it finished it's car show cycle. Yamauchi-san and Polyphony Digital had to work with the original designer of the car who was going off of memory to recreate the car digitally. Pretty awesome stuff!

Here's the whole story!

Wow! That's pretty damn awesome! 👍
 
For only 450HP and 530PP, this car really knows how to use it's power! I've noticed that almost nobody uses this car, because of it's price and it's awkward looks (looks like a sporty truck!). But seriously though, spend the cash on it, upgrade it completely, and take it to the tracks. It'll reach 200MPH without a draft, and it's cornering skills are on par with some race cars. I strongly recommend this car to anyone who abuses the goofy PP setups.

Its a price car:
A License Gold: Isuzu 4200R '89 Concept (P) *plus silver and bronze prizes
very lot of people have it.
 
Thought that I have it. :)
Not too interested in concept cars as i always get the feeling that their stats are work of imagination and bit too optimistic imagination at that. Maybe i should give the Isuzu a chance... :)
 
Last edited:
I wanted to get it some time ago but then i forgot to buy it :D
 
I was about to start a thread about this :dopey:

Love the sound it makes, especially in 2nd gear 👍

The handling is awesome, it corners great with a perfect amount of oversteer. A bit tricky to brake with ABS off and 5:5 brake bias settings though :ouch:

As for the design, it's really futuristic and clean! The interior is epic, with the fax machine in the center, and the instrument panel which reminds me of something out of Ridge Racer! :D

I'm going to buy a separate one just to tune it :)
 
I use it stock on CMs (Comfort Mediums) to drift around Kart Space. It's a fantastic car- and LISTEN TO THAT EXHAUST! One of the best exhaust noises in the game in my opinion. It's very versatile and a fantastic drive, but it's one of those cars that will make people frown online.
 
This is one of those true gems which gets overlooked by many and all the better for it (don't tell the great unwashed how great this car is, it might appear too often online), it handles fantastic, has one of the best engine sounds and a great 'retro' futuristic (futuristic in a time that a discman was still in the future) interior.
It's quite unique in the type of car it is too, can you name another 4 door mid-engined sportscar?
I've got 2, one in the original colour and with the original wheels and one in Gunmetal with different wheels also in a dark colour which makes the whole car look very contemporary in fact and not 22 years old.
 
True but the PP limits pit you against cars like the Veyron and F1 offline, and pits you against cars like NOMAD Diablos, M3 GTR Race Cars, Ferraris and Vipers online.

Anyhoo it's a great car. It's design reminds me of some early 90s Hotwheels car designs, but Lotus helped design the car. Love it's blacked out headlight covers and dark tinted windshield. The only gripe I have with this car is that it's right hand drive, but I've learned to deal with it. Other than that, It goes like a bat outta hell, and easily destroys similarly classed cars.

So true. When I saw it the first time I instantly remembered a hot wheels car that I had. One of my favorites. The Audi Avus Quattro :)
 
I haven't seen it ever in my UCD. If anyone has one I'll trade 5 chromes for it.
 
slashfan7964
I haven't seen it ever in my UCD. If anyone has one I'll trade 5 chromes for it.

Keep your 5 chromes.

It's a premium car.
 
Ah ok, well I just checked MYGT and I have no patience in winning it so I'd still trade for it. I don't think it's buyable either.
 
Ah ok, well I just checked MYGT and I have no patience in winning it so I'd still trade for it. I don't think it's buyable either.

You can buy it in the NCD under Isuzu.
 
Ah ok, well I just checked MYGT and I have no patience in winning it so I'd still trade for it. I don't think it's buyable either.

Is not that expensive for being a rare car. 300K if my memory doesn´t fail me.
 
You can buy it in the NCD under Isuzu.

It's there? Thanks for the tip! I don't check out the stuff in the NCD much so I didn't know this. I do know however, that the HSR Concpet isn't in there, and that is the other car I'm after. had it in GT4, great car. I'll trade for that then =P
 
Fax machine in the dashboard!

89izuzu_4200r_7.jpg


I had no idea about this being a fax machine until I read you comment and other guy´s comment in another thread.

90´s style bling, I guess ;D
 
Just bought one because of this thread!
 
Back