Junior Formula. Discussion of F2, F3, F4, Formula Renault, TRS, W-Series, Indy Lights, etcOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 604 comments
Unbelievable F2 race. De Vries, Leclerc and Rowland were in a class of their own, but none of them scored points after Rowland's wheel fell off after his stop, and Dr Vries and Leclerc crashed on the exit of turn 2 in the last lap, leaving g Ghiotto and Fuoco to score and Italian 1-2

Unbelievable F2 race. De Vries, Leclerc and Rowland were in a class of their own, but none of them scored points after Rowland's wheel fell off after his stop, and Dr Vries and Leclerc crashed on the exit of turn 2 in the last lap, leaving g Ghiotto and Fuoco to score and Italian 1-2
Was a completely bonkers race!

Don't know how big a splash this will make across the globe.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/15/first-super5000-car-sale-confirmed/
Super5000-sale-2-640x480.png

The commentators just used the great line, "Sergio Sette Camara, who's hit the wall more than anyone else this weekend, is now in the lead!"

The way they were darting about, it's amazing one of them didn't end up over the wall.
Most of that darting, particularly at the end, was totally unneccesary I reckon. But still, that's motorsport! The unscripted drama that unfolds is what keeps us watching, ain't it!

Has anyone heard of Lando Norris, this guy has done something incredible this season and is in the brisk of winning 3 championships in 1 season.

He won the Toyota Racing series early in the year, and then has the Renault 2.0 Eurocup in the bag with a round left and is leading the NEC Renualt championship too with a comfortable advantage going into the last round which is this weekend, all whilst being a rookie.

He also did some races in British formula 3 and won 4 Races which is incredible for someone that has basically gone up 2 tiers in one season.

This guy will be in F1 by 2018 at this rate and he is only 16.

By far and away you picked up on Lando Norris before anyone else here. Well done.

I just heard this from Fernando Alonso:

"About my teammates, maybe it's not a surprise [to me], but for the people that don't know Lando, it will be a surprise for them," Alonso said. "The things he did were very impressive. The teamwork, the preparation, the focus.

"At night if you look, when we switched to wet tires for one stint, we were fifth, one minute behind the leader. Then we switched to slick tires again in damp conditions - all this with Lando driving - and we were 27 seconds behind the leaders.

"So even in wet conditions, his first time in a prototype, first time in Daytona, first time with Continental tires, he recovered 33 seconds in 20 laps or something like that. He is 18 years old, so that is quite impressive..."

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/147081-alonso-full-of-praise-for-very-impressive-norris

I think there is alot more to him then he has shown, his loyalty to Carlin pretty much made him have a title fight for 2017 in F3, as Carlin have been a Midfield team in F3 for years, he could of easily got a Prema seat, and the same applies with F2 for 2018, Carlin have been out for a season and Prema have shown massive dominance for the last few years yet he continues to stick with Carlin, if he wins the 2018 championship this may be one of the biggest feats in F2/GP2 history given how important team choice matters in that catagory compared to the others.

Agree with that, Carlin were a "front running" team but they've only got as close as second in the teams championship (twice) and Nasr to third in drivers. I think Norris will be fighting for race victories, but as you say the Championship itself will be a huge feat.

On the plus side for Norris, Prema only has one driver who knows what he's doing, so whether they'll be the powerhouse to beat for a third straight season remains to be seen.

F2 doesn't revolve around having a strong driver pairing. We've seen cases before of 1 driver in a team dominating a season whilst the other struggles with supposedly equal treatment, machinery and crucial access to setup data... The fact that it is an entirely new car for everyone is probably going to be the biggest shuffler of the pack, but I still expect Prema to get the understanding of it first. Then it's about Nyck de Vries doing the job.

More importantly, are we about to see 2 McLaren juniors face off for the chance to be Alonso's successor?

Brazilian Formula Three is set to become Super Formula Brasil.
2018 schedule will consist of 8 double-header rounds, 6 of them as a support event to Stock Car Brasil.

Velopark – 22 April
Londrina - 6 May
Santa Cruz do Sul – 20 May
Interlagos - 17 July
Cascavel - 9 September
Tarumã - 21 October
TBA - 4 November
Curitiba - 16 December

Latest Posts

Back