the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,469 views
That, ugly? You're kidding. I wouldn't say ugly but it's nothing special either.

And @Legro I like how you think the Smart ForTwo isn't ugly, that particular one. I agree totally, because I find them cute.
The Beetle is ugly as it's a horribly clichéd attempt at retro pastiche on a car blatantly designed for women (flower vase in the dash...). The original Beetle was a car of Ze People whereas this secluded half the population, was designed for eye-level purity rather than actual functionality. Ergo, it stems from their odd priorities for a reproduced people's car.
 
I always actually liked the New Beetle. I want to like the current one, but I really can't...
 
hsv
I always actually liked the New Beetle. I want to like the current one, but I really can't...

I'm the other way round. I love the current beetle but the 'New Beetle' just looked like a fat bubbly Barbie car. The current car looks leaner and sportier, as if the Beetle's gone to the Gym with its 911 cousins!
 
696px-Opel_Movano_B_front_20100705.jpg
 
trn15_highlight_lg_roofheight.jpg
Ford_Transit_Connect_--_08-25-2009.jpg
 
It's not that bad for commercial vehicle.

Nissan_Primera_front_20080102.jpg

Nissan_Primera_rear_20080102.jpg
Never seen that variation before.
What a funny, weird, stupid (?) rear end!
 
That is by far the best looking new Transit. The standard one is still a compilation of all Kinetic Design faces hit square in the nose by a fly swatter.
They used the lights off the UK Fusion. They were essentially from the New Edge/Kinetic limbo ground era, but looked fine in its first guise. Then they decided to squeeze a Kinetic gapey grille into what very little bumper it had, resulting in that freakish face. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we got that exact bumper update in the UK.
 
hsv
That is by far the best looking new Transit. The standard one is still a compilation of all Kinetic Design faces hit square in the nose by a fly swatter.

They used the lights off the UK Fusion. They were essentially from the New Edge/Kinetic limbo ground era, but looked fine in its first guise. Then they decided to squeeze a Kinetic gapey grille into what very little bumper it had, resulting in that freakish face. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we got that exact bumper update in the UK.
They are still ugly though :lol:
 
The best Ford utility vehicle on sale at the moment.
I wish the Econolines were still being built. Especially the old 4x4 Econolines :(
 
Deleted
 
Last edited:
Wrong thread much?
 
hsv
Wait, you post this:


Because you think it's ugly? Do explain.
Oh right, wrong thread. I had like 3 tabs open. Will fix.
 
What was Peugeot exactly thinking in the late 00s?
Peugeot_1007_001.JPG


Peugeot_3008_HDi_FAP_110_Allure_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht,_17._M%C3%A4rz_2012,_Ratingen.jpg
 
Back