the "just plain ugly" car thread

United States
Gaithersburg/MD
landseaair
Now before you tell me we already have the questionable modifications thread for ugly cars I want to say (or at least hope) that this is a smidge different.

Rules: Production or at least official concept cars only
Be nice, the very idea of ugliness is opinion based. keep that in mind.
the ugly I'm looking for here is by design, so no cars where the ugly you're going for is some sort of modification, thats what the QM thread is for.

Oh yea, lets not forget to add pics to prove your point eh?

heres one for ya

BOO!!

In before the Pontiac Aztek and Subaru Tribeca.

800pxchevroletssrdb0.jpg

06chevyhhrexfrdrvr342qa8.jpg

zwgmteehusmorganaero8f1to8.jpg

forgot to mention please include a picture of the ugliness. I agree that some older cars are ugly in an endearing way, however that is probably because it is easy to accept ugly if it has some sort of function some modern designs are just ugly for the sake of it :crazy:

Feast your eyes on this sexy beast...

daewoo_Parts.JPG

...Its the Daewoo...something or other...

scion-xb_xd_07_518.jpg

I actually came pretty close to purchasing the original(and only great) Scion xB. This new one doesn't look bad customized, but looks pretty nasty, stock. :crazy:

In before the Pontiac Aztek and Subaru Tribeca.

800pxchevroletssrdb0.jpg

06chevyhhrexfrdrvr342qa8.jpg

zwgmteehusmorganaero8f1to8.jpg

RML_Char_Bev_Bighead.jpg

HOW DARE YOU!

I love all three, but I just think some are harder to appreciate than the others. Oh, and the Morgan changed it's headlamps, so its a bit better these days...

---

fmc_Focussed_front34.jpg

I EATSES TEH BABIEZ!!!11!1!

God its hideous. The only redeeming feature is FordSync, and even then, it isn't enough...

I thought only the Aeromax coupe got the un-uglied headlights (what are those from anyways) oh and when did ford start selling re badged Saturn Ions?

HOW DARE YOU!

I love all three, but I just think some are harder to appreciate than the others. Oh, and the Morgan changed it's headlamps, so its a bit better these days...
I was wondering what you'd think, though I wasn't expecting you to like the Morgan. :lol: Sorry, YSSMAN, but I think the SSR and HHR should have never been built. Such ugly, worthless cars. But that's off the topic here.

Oh, and the Morgan is alright, but I do wonder what the hell they were thinking with the front end...

ferrari-enzo.jpg

2006.Ferrari.599.GTB.Fiorano.jpg

Go ahead and disagree... the fact is people buy these just for the badge on them, which supposedly makes them hot and cool and whatnot. Which is wrong.

The Enzo I can look at. But the (it is a 612, right?) is just hideous. The only thing that looks remotely cool are the flying butresses. And the wheels are horrid... Eighties, anyone?

07terrazayf0.jpg

(and all of its twins)

chryslerptcruiserev7.jpg

fordfocus2007.thumbnail.jpg

(just the second-gen, the first one was awesome)

Weber Supercar
Did they have some 10-year-old design a car, then let it melt over a Weber grill?

Go ahead and disagree... the fact is people buy these just for the badge on them, which supposedly makes them hot and cool and whatnot. Which is wrong.
Ferrari design has been downhill since the 360 Modena.

I agree with you Fred, even if some people won't. ;) Now, I'm going to catch a ton of hate for this, but I'm just stating my opinion.

Anything designed under this manufacturer:
Pontiac220072.PNG

Yeah, I like 0 of their designs. And that's dating all the way back into the 1930's, when car designs were fairly standardized.

Anything designed under this manufacturer:
Pontiac220072.PNG

...dating all the way back into the 1930's, when car designs were fairly standardized.
The Fiero isn't bad. Er, wait, no, I mean the Fiero isn't bad-looking. I also kinda like the look of the 5th-gen Grand Prix coupe with the hooded headlights (it helps that my parents owned one when I got my license).

ferrari-enzo.jpg

2006.Ferrari.599.GTB.Fiorano.jpg

Hot AND cool, wow. :P

Seriously though, the enzo is cool. the greenhouse is a little retarded but the rest of it looks good to me. the 599 on the other hand is just fugly. the 612 is fugly too. so whichever that is it still stands.

That said, i'd still like to drive one.

[EDIT]
By the way, 599? come on ferrari. The name sounds like what a die cast one would cost. sheesh, just call it the Ferrari 600 GTB foriano and be done with it. Close enough.

Latest Posts

Back