• Thread starter gkgamer
  • 36 comments
Japan
R246
gkgamer
The Leftovers' Garage

image.jpg

Greetings everyone,
for the past years, I have been involved in various clubs, leagues and series running on all types of cars and compounds. But there is this thing I run on a almost daily basis in a Japanese lobby where I have many friends.
We hold casual 1-lap races at the Nordschleife at PP430 on SH tires. Some of the regulars are quite fast and we have this habit of getting in slower cars to even the field when less experienced drivers with this specs join in the lobby.
I have mainly used the tunes provided by the big names at first and gradually got to explore more of the less visited garages. Through the times and a few hours of testing, I have become confident enough to tweak and adapt slightly the settings to my (poor) driving style and skills. Now, I feel like I am getting close to be ready to try and set some cars from scratch and I would like to share a few tunes I have come up with, for some of the cars that have been left aside a bit in my opinion.
Even though I have been a PP350-CH to PP600-SS guy when it comes to PP racing of production cars, most of the tunes I will share here will be set for PP430-SH. Maybe some of you will find these specs a bit boring and too forgiving regarding the low power and rather high grip of the SH compound.
Because of the forgiving nature of the regs, There are several cars I would never dare to race at PP400-CM or PP450-CS in a serious lobby, but I think they have things to show on the Northern loop.
It always feels good to be able to pressure a poorly driven Elise with a 1.5ton Renault Avantime or overtake a Scion FR-S with a VW Bora...
Anyways, tunes will be addEd regularly in this thread so feel free to use and share them and please take the time for a short review / feedback if your schedule allows you to.
Cheers everyone, :cheers:

Next releases: (requests and suggestions in italic)

Toyota Caldina GT-Four '02
Mercedes-Benz A160 Avant-garde '98
Hommell Berlinette R/S '99
Aston Martin DB7 Volante Coupe '00

Tune Index:

Renault Avantime '02 - Very Slow
Toyota Carina ED 2.0X 4WS '89 - Slow to Very Slow
Hyundai HCD-6 '01 - Very Fast
Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98 - Fast
Toyota Prius G '09 - PP350-CS special tune for the Normal car quick match at Autumn Ring / SSR5
Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02 - Very Very Slow
Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 - Very Fast
Mitsubishi FTO GPX '99 - Fast
Toyota Aristo 3.0V '91 - Slow
Toyota Soarer 430SCV '01 - Average

The tunes are set and used exclusively on the Nordschleife unless noted.
They are made on a DS3, using triggers for accel and brake and R1/L1 for gears. Steering sensitivity set at 7, TC at 0, ABS at 1 unless noted.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this release, gk. :)
I know how much you like the Carina.
I think I'll try to publish it today. I am being a bit nervous though because in spite of all the time and effort I put in making something race able out of my beloved Carina, it still is the poscar it was when I got it...

Toyota Carina ED 2.0X 4WS '89
image.jpg

Tune

PP: 430
HP: 232
TORQUE: 211 ft.lb-1
WEIGHT: 1070kg
WEIGHT DIST: 55-45
TIRES: Sports Hard
WHEEL SIZE: +2"

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero - n/a
Wing - Yes
Flat Floor - n/a

SUS: FC / BRK: Racing brake kit
RIDE HEIGHT : 155 / 100
SPRINGS : 4.30 / 4.00
COMP : 6 / 5
EXT : 6 / 5
ARB : 3 / 5
CAMBER : 0.0 / 1.0
TOE : 0.02 / -0.10
BRAKES : 4 / 6

TRANS: FC
Final gear ratio - Max right
Top speed auto set - 180 km/h (Max left)
1ST : 2,879
2ND : 1,981
3RD : 1,419
4TH : 1,075
5TH : 0,859
6TH n/a
7TH n/a
FINAL : 3,380

LSD: FC
INITIAL : 7
ACCEL : 14
DECEL : 5

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-clutch
CARBON SHAFT :n/a

POWER:
ENGINE TUNING : Stg. 1
COMPUTER : Sports
EXHAUST : Sports
MANIFOLD : STD
CATALYTIC CONVERTER : Sports
INTAKE : Tuned
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO : Hi-RPM range turbo kit
POWER LIMITER : 94.8

WEIGHT REDUCTION : Stg. 3
CARBON HOOD : Reduced
WINDOW WEIGHT : Reduced

BALLAST : 65 kg @50
DOWNFORCE : 0 / 5

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
Notes : Tuned on the Nordschleife. Never tested elsewhere. This car feels like it was never meant to be pushed. Doing so results in entering a fight against its very nature and don't expect to go under 8' on a standing start. It may require a few tries to even take it close to 8'10". It still suffers from lack of rotation and annoying power understeer. I don't think this tune will make this car popular but maybe it can find its audience. Cheers

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of the GTP tuning forum :)
I like your idea for your garage and think it's great that you will be providing tunes for the little used cars here for GT6 👍

My only advice is not to be :nervous: I'm sure if your tunes work well for you then there will be plenty of people who will benefit greatly from your work and will appreciate the time and effort you put in to create your tunes :)

I know a few people who I've raced with for a few years now who also run a lot of time in lobbies with similar PP levels and I won't hesitate to point them in this direction to find some new cars to add to their collections 👍

Good luck with your garage @gkgamer. I hope you enjoy your time here :cheers:

Renault Avantime '02
image.jpg

Tune

HP: 293
TORQUE: 280 ft.lb-1
WEIGHT: 1575kg

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Front Aero - n/a
Wing - Yes
Flat Floor - n/a

RIDE HEIGHT : 160 / 90
SPRINGS : 7.00 / 5.50
COMP : 8 / 7
EXT : 8 / 6
ARB : 4 / 7
CAMBER : 0.0 / 2.0
TOE : 0.0 / -0.05
BRAKES : 4 / 7

Final gear ratio - Max right
Top speed auto set - 180 km/h (Max left)
1ST : 2,683
2ND : 2,130
3RD : 1,700
4TH : 1,420
5TH : 1,191
6TH : 1,016
7TH n/a
FINAL : 3,300

INITIAL : 5
ACCEL : 16

CARBON SHAFT n/a

POWER:
ENGINE TUNING : Stg. 2
MANIFOLD : Isometric
INTAKE : Std.
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO : n/a
POWER LIMITER : 96.5%

BALLAST : 180 kg @50

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

Notes : Well again a tricky one at over 1.5 ton on a FWD traction layout. Since it is powerful, it is capital to be very cautious with the accel pedal. You can end up very far away from where you wanted if you mash the throttle while cornering. This tune was left with a bit of rear train instability so that it is easier to throw into corners even though it is not the fastest way of going through turns. What you lose in efficiency, you gain in driving pleasure/fun. Taking it under 8'20" is not that easy, so that gives you an idea of how not competitive this car is. The "Espace F1" tribute livery does make it go faster indeed, or does it?

Last edited:
I remember buying the Avantime in GT4 just because it had the green color :lol:

Great to see you using forgotten cars, they're fun to drive when people keep asking "what car is that?"

I suggest doing the Aston Martin DB7. Nobody ever drives it, and it looks beautiful in white. I'm working on a tune for it in my garage, let's see what you can do with it 👍

Hey gk,
I realise you'd rather have comments on the tunes but I need to let you know I really like that last Avantime photo.

The Renault perfectly centered with the castle. Every time I go down that straight I always look at the castle.

Haven't seen anyone capture it like this before. 👍

Hey gk,
I realise you'd rather have comments on the tunes but I need to let you know I really like that last Avantime photo.

The Renault perfectly centered with the castle. Every time I go down that straight I always look at the castle.

Haven't seen anyone capture it like this before. 👍
Thanks buddy, did you recognize @S_Bridge and yourself in the Avantime pics?
Btw the Avantime is brought to you in its "Espace F1 tribute" livery...

I tried gk's Avantime tune today;

the mystic.jpg

I liked it. And it's a fun car to race because it's such an unusual one to blast around the Nordschleife with
going 230 km/h.

I followed gk's tune to a T but changed a few minor things to my liking.
Namely;
Wing - No
Transmission
Clutch (twin instead of triple)

Other than that I had all of gk's tune and it felt great. After a lap or so getting used to the
difference from FR to FF I could throw it into corners and feel it's stability.
You need to do something extra to spin out with this car, no the hardest part to me was finding
a braking point originally and of course the inevitable understeer. But after a while I didn't even think
about the negatives because it got to be too much fun.
Great tune and I'll definitely give this car another go at these PP's.

Does it work with CS too I wonder?

I had stock wheels on mine and painted the car in Pale Rose Metallic Opal.

I tried gk's Avantime tune today;

View attachment 394997

I liked it. And it's a fun car to race because it's such an unusual one to blast around the Nordschleife with
going 230 km/h.

I followed gk's tune to a T but changed a few minor things to my liking.
Namely;
Wing - No
Transmission
Clutch (twin instead of triple)

Other than that I had all of gk's tune and it felt great. After a lap or so getting used to the
difference from FR to FF I could throw it into corners and feel it's stability.
You need to do something extra to spin out with this car, no the hardest part to me was finding
a braking point originally and of course the inevitable understeer. But after a while I didn't even think
about the negatives because it got to be too much fun.
Great tune and I'll definitely give this car another go at these PP's.

Does it work with CS too I wonder?

I had stock wheels on mine and painted the car in Pale Rose Metallic Opal.
For CS, I would take the spring rate down a bit maybe 0.3 front train, 0.2 rear
And maybe take the LSD accel down 1 point.
The rear spoiler is, as it is on the Carina, more of a visual asset than a driving one. It actually takes both cars in the wrong direction (understeer) as far as cornering is concerned... the difference between 5 and no rear downforce is not huge but still it is significant. I reckon it is possible to go faster without the wing but you lose a bit of the "trolling factor" added value when dropping it in my opinion. I love to pressure noobs in op cars with a winged family van...:crazy:

And about yesterday's races, it was good to be able to squeeze a couple in between the unstoppable flow of words from my Irish friend...

Hyundai HCD-6 '01
image.jpg

Tune

HP: 213
TORQUE: 177 ft.lb-1
WEIGHT: 1000kg
WEIGHT DIST: 47-53
WHEEL SIZE: Std.

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Front Aero - n/a
Wing - n/a
Flat Floor - n/a

RIDE HEIGHT : 120 / 160
SPRINGS : 5.30 / 5.50
COMP : 4 / 3
EXT : 3 / 3
ARB : 5 / 4
CAMBER : 0.0 / 0.0
TOE : 0.0 / 0.15
BRAKES : 7 / 4

TRANS: Fixed 6-speed gearbox

INITIAL : 12
ACCEL : 30
DECEL : 18

CLUTCH TYPE: Twin-clutch
CARBON SHAFT: n/a

POWER:
ENGINE TUNING : Std.
COMPUTER : Std.
EXHAUST : Std.
MANIFOLD : Std.
CATALYTIC CONVERTER : Std.
POWER LIMITER : 94.3%

CARBON HOOD : n/a

BALLAST : 33 kg @50
DOWNFORCE : 0 / 0

image.jpg
image.jpg

Notes : After bringing 2 very slow FWDs, it was time to share something a bit different. This concept car from our beloved neighbouring country South Korea always gets its fair share of bad jokes about its looks when I take it out in a Japanese lobby. That's until it shreds the field to pieces, jokes then quickly switch to rage/hate, thanks to its very good mechanical grip and rather impressive speed and power to weight ratio. It can be taken consistently under 7'50" around the Nordschleife from a standing start! That makes it a reliable contender against the fastest RX-8s, Elises, 86s, S2000s, Dino, and other top performing cars in this PP range. I actually own 3 of these and I will soon update this tune with an alternate setup that tries to make good use of the body rigidity improvement. Enjoy!
edit: I forgot to talk about the biggest bummer about this car: the car body and brake calipers cannot be painted.

BONUS : race report from the daily PP430-SH lobby.
image.jpg

Lights off and a start from 11th and last for our HCD-6.
From top to bottom : Honda Accord, Subaru BRZ, Spoon Civic, Lotus Elise type 72, Nissan Skyline 350, Spoon Civic, Infinity FX-45, VW Golf IV GTi, Subaru Impreza WRX sedan, Mazda RX-7 (FC), Hyundai HCD-6.

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

By Aremberg, our Hyundai managed to reach 6th.

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
Kesselchen allows me to get to the Lotus and an error by the Infinity before Eschbach gives me the 2nd place
image.jpg

On the way to Pflanzgarten I can now see the BRZ that has been running solo from the start.

image.jpg image.jpg
By Dottinger-hohe I manage to get within reach of the leader's slipstream
image.jpg
image.jpg

I get to overcome shortly before Tiergarten

image.jpg

I manage to contain a couple of bumps from my opponent as he already showed some frustration signs when losing ground through Antoniusbuche, badly swerving to try and contain the much faster HCD.
image.jpg

Hyundai takes the flag in 8'03"6XX.​

Last edited:
Hacked cheat car, gk loser...
:lol:

I must try out the HDC, it's an unusual car. And I've owned a couple of Hyundai's in the past!

Have you ever looked at the Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99 - for your forgotten 430's? It would be around the correct PP range.
It's also one that's not often seen I think.

I suggest doing the Aston Martin DB7. Nobody ever drives it, and it looks beautiful in white. I'm working on a tune for it in my garage, let's see what you can do with it 👍

That looks like a bit of a handful for my tuning skills but I will give it a shot. I wouldn't expect anything great from this garage with this kind of already good stock machine though...

Have you ever looked at the Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99 - for your forgotten 430's? It would be around the correct PP range.
It's also one that's not often seen I think.

I do actually have a very fast tune for it but I think it was based on one of the greats' setup for it.
I'll check if I can come up with something good from scratch.

Nice addition of the photo at the top.

I'm not sure I want to know what they say about the cars I bring when I join the lobby. :embarrassed:;)

I fell in love with the AZ-1…
And as long as you do not bring Korean cars, you should be ok in Japanese lobbies…
just kidding of course:embarrassed:

Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98
image.jpg

Tune

HP: 270
TORQUE: 251 ft.lb-1
WEIGHT: 1355kg
WEIGHT DIST: 52-48
WHEEL SIZE: +1"

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Front Aero - n/a
Wing - No
Flat Floor - n/a

RIDE HEIGHT : 110 / 110
SPRINGS : 8.00 / 8.00
COMP : 3 / 3
EXT : 3 / 3
ARB : 3 / 4
TOE : 0.02 / -0.15
BRAKES : 5 / 6

TRANS: Fixed 6-speed gearbox

1ST : 2,967
2ND : 2,060
3RD : 1,532
4TH : 1,192
5TH : 0,971
6TH : 0,827
7TH n/a
FINAL : 4,111

INITIAL : 7 / 8
ACCEL : 10 / 22
DECEL : 7 / 10

CLUTCH TYPE: Twin-plate clutch
CARBON SHAFT : Yes
TORQUE SPLIT : 35 / 65

POWER:
EXHAUST : Std.
MANIFOLD : Std.
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO : No
POWER LIMITER : 92.5

BALLAST : 34 kg @50

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Notes : Although still in progress, I share this tune because it is already efficient enough to run under 8'05" with a standing start. It is quite evolutive as it is in the sense that you can either be gentle and drive it preciously around corners or you can through it a bit more recklessly into tunrns and rely on the torque and 4WD to pull you out to the exit. This may look like a Volvo 240 but it has the soul of a Skyline. I really like this car. I think this is a good base tune to start with.

Last edited:
I've been trying to make a decent tune out of the Hyundai Click Type-R '04.

430pp / Comfort mediums.

It feels better each time I drive it but I'm fairly sure I am nowhere near it's full potential.

Toyota Prius G '09
image.jpg

Tune

PP: 350
HP: 120
TORQUE: 17 kgf.m-1
WEIGHT: 1160kg
TIRES: Comfort Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Front Aero - n/a
Wing - No
Flat Floor - n/a

RIDE HEIGHT : 125 / 105
SPRINGS : 4.10 / 3.50
COMP : 4 / 3
EXT : 3 / 4
ARB : 2 / 4
TOE : 0.02 / -0.05
BRAKES : 5 / 7

TRANS: Default CVT

INITIAL : 6
ACCEL : 12

CARBON SHAFT :n/a

POWER:
EXHAUST : Racing
POWER LIMITER : 80.5%

BALLAST : 55 kg @50

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
Notes : Base tune made specially for the "Normal Car PP350" quick match at Autumn Ring.
Surprisingly a lower top-tier car in this QM event. Although it loses ground in the corners to the light midship engine RWD favorites, it is very fast in the straights and has decent acceleration thanks to the CVT transmission. Of course, because of its FF drivetrain layout, it requires the "slow in- fast out" approach and it can prove to be tricky when running among a wild bunch of Elises and Speedsters. All in all, even it is no match for any GSX-R, Elise, Speedster, TF160, HCD-6, A310 when there are being driven on the edge, it can put consistent results facing any opposition when racing against less skilled drivers. It proved to be much more consistent than the Toyota Sera '92 I tried at the same time, despite being less promising tha the Sera when tested stock. Last advantage for DS3 users, with a remapping of the buttons, it is possible to drive this car with one hand, allowing you to do what you please with your right hand (writing a novel, hitting your wife and kids, picking your nose, biting your nails, et caetera...) Cheers

Edit: Sus and Diff settings for the PP350-CS normal car quick match at SSR5

RIDE HEIGHT : 130 / 110
SPRINGS : 3.75 / 4.00
COMP : 3 / 4
EXT : 4 / 3
ARB : 2 / 4
TOE : 0.00 / -0.08
BRAKES : 5 / 7

INITIAL : 6
ACCEL : 13

No power parts
No ballast
Set limiter to meet regulations.

Last edited:
I used your Prius tune for SSR5 QM and I was winning several times.
My times were around 0.2-0.3 slower of yours.
Actually I used both SSR5 / Apricot versions with good results.
Apricot one has been effective for very dense starting grid. On the other hand I got better times with the SSR5 one.

I also used the Apricot one for a good Gold in the current 500PP Brands Hatch Indy Seasonal:

350PP - 57.997 - 5:19.334 - Toyota Prius G '09 (GKGAMER Tune - CS) vs RUF RGT '00 - 5:19.493

Thank you very much.

Nissan Cube EX (FF/CVT) '02

cube.jpg

Tune

PS: 228
TORQUE: 27 kgfm
WEIGHT: 895kg
WEIGHT DIST: 58-42

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Front Aero - n/a
Wing - Yes
Flat Floor - n/a

RIDE HEIGHT : 160 / 115
SPRINGS : 3.30 / 4.20
COMP : 1 / 2
EXT : 2 / 1
ARB : 2 / 5
TOE : 0.00 / -0.12
BRAKES : 2 / 3

1ST : 3,125
2ND : 2,210
3RD : 1,675
4TH : 1,325
5TH : 1,091
6TH n/a
7TH n/a
FINAL : 2,690

INITIAL : 5
ACCEL : 15

CLUTCH TYPE: Twin-plate clutch
CARBON SHAFT : n/a
TORQUE SPLIT : n/a

POWER:
ENGINE TUNING : Stg.3
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO : High RPM
POWER LIMITER : 100.0

BALLAST : 1 kg @ 50

Notes :

Hey @gkgamer :bowdown:,

I would like to congratulate you on the opening of your garage and wish you the best for " The Leftovers' Garage ", a great thank you for bringing your contribution and your help to the GTPlanet community :)👍👍 !!

Good luck my friend 👍 !!

Cheers :cheers:👍

Back