PP lvl class for lobbies back

It's been about two years and still the thing I miss the most is:
Being able to sell gift cars.
Yes. This. Thank you.

sell gift cars
get rid of pointless N and X cars
more gr1, 2, 3, 4 cars
rear view mirror on hood cam
hood cam in the same position on all cars (eg compare 787b to toyota ts050)
implement PC based livery editor, and tweak it for easier usability
spectator mode for sport/fia races

i am aware some of this is too difficult to implement...

Little things or things in general that should be able to be implemented in the confines of the current game programming without spending to much extra time.

Offline Events:
A) Do not ever see GT implementing a qualifying mode. Maybe this would not be value added for 5 lap or less events. They could however give people the option to start mid pack to the very last. With small additional payout for each further spot you start back.
B) Allow players to turn on damage, tire usage and track penalties as an option.
C) Much better events, pro event categories and track selections for events are pretty lame.
Needs a GT3 and GT4 event with perhaps 8 to 10 or even 15 laps per race and a 5 to 10 race series with points awarded for each race.
D) Allow tire wear, fuel, damage and track penalties in time trials.
E) Regarding daily car award. Okay it is lame, but is what it is. They could at least allow all the cars to be options and all car colors etc as random ones to be the choices. Then I think that they could implement programming logic that tries and award you one 75 percent of the time that you do not have. Sure the higher price range cars should have a small percentage of being awarded. Except should be 5% or 10% chance out of 100 and not 1% or probably .01% like is now for getting 20 million car. Really though GT7 better have this scrapped, anything that requires constant repetitive actions that are not beneficial are not well implemented.

- Why is it so complicated to swap your car's livery instead of being able to change it in the livery editor directly?

- FWD physics are only ok while driving normally. Those are some problems I have with it:
1) Accelerating with FWD feels very weird (IRL: Revs go up and stay constantly high until the wheels stop spinning. Then, the revs take a slight dip and the car accelerates with full traction). In GT, you press the throttle and the car bumps 100000000x into the rev limiter until you shift into second gear. GT6 simulated it much better.
2) It is almost impossible to spin a FWD car or even get it to lift-oversteer. You can recover from doing the stupidest moves like ripping the handbrake just by hitting the gas. It just doesn't make any sense. Just watch some Touristenfahrten videos, where you can spot atleast one FWD car oversteering and losing control.

- Cars accelerate far too slowly because the tire model is not very advanced. Some cars should hit 0-60 in under 3 seconds (P1 GTR, LaFerrari...) but with the bad acceleration physics, it is not possible. The same goes for braking which sometimes feels off.

- Some road and race cars need much more downforce (Camaro ZL1 1LE, P1 GTR, LaFerrari, Aston Martin Vulcan...). Their spoilers seem to be useless.

- Please rework the sound of the Sport quattro S1. It can't keep up with the quality of other cars.

- V8s need more bass and a deeper tone. Make them rumble and let em roar :)

- Some cars don't seem to have fully illuminated interior lights and switches which seems kinda weird considering the very high standards of GTs modeling.

- Please fix the god awful clutch model. Let us clutch kick, stall, powershift, miss-shift, engage and re-engage our gears realistically. Even Keiichi Tsuchiya himself stated, that the clutch model in GT is not good.

- Fix ABS and - more importantly - TCS. The way TCS works in GT is not very authentic and kills the high technological standard of real TCS systems especially in modern racecars.

- Give us an option to enable a ,,Real Life Driving Aid Setting" (like Assetto Corsa). Some cars just don't have TCS or ABS in real life so it would fit the game to only enable the driving aids the car really has.

- The tire model doesn't really model temperature. It can overheat for around 2 seconds after a drift or be cold for 6 seconds after not driving but you will never have the same experience like Assetto, where tire temp has a huge and ongoing impact on your cars and tires performance.

rear view mirror on hood cam
hood cam in the same position on all cars (eg compare 787b to toyota ts050)
- Move hood cam to be anchored to the windshield instead of the hood/roof
- Rear view camera for hood cam would be a god send. It's the only reason I ever switch to bumper cam, but bumper is far too low to the ground for tight racing.

A lot of things mentioned in this thread are leaning towards big things or wish list.

In my opinion I believe there are lots of ways to improve the game using the existing game code and physics engine etc. With just perhaps slight programming time here and there to make the overall experience more rewarding.
In general the offline races are okay, but I could easily recommend dozens upon dozens of ways to make it better using the current vehicle and track roster. Simple things like random race start time or choose start time. Tracks with rain option to choose it or not choose, granted on some events I am okay with being forced to race in the rain.

Something I have always wanted was instead of top ten records per track for offline have it at least top 25 (maybe top 50). I think it's better with GTS for this then previous games, meaning you can sort by car category. Really though do not run time trials much any more except when practicing or qualifying for online race. Update - actually did a few time trials today. Actually the record starts are pretty good. Limited to 20 spots, but divided up into all the car classes. That's better then any series before.

Maybe change photo locations without having to change car for the single car shots.

This one would be fantastic and really so simple. Take a photo while in the livery editor mode. Where you can rotate the car and change back ground. Maybe even wider selection of backgrounds in that screen.

Restate my desire for slide shows to look at any photo in your collection or friends or followers etc. Much needed instead of flipping thru photos. Also would like option to use slide show as back ground when your not doing anything.

Last edited:
The menus and back ground clips, videos, car museum clips, factory videos etc. are all pretty cool and nicely done. It would be nice from my perspective to somehow watch all that stuff combined together in one video. They certainly know how to make a beautiful game. So much could be done to maximize the usage of the content of the game. I believe there is enough content that it could be blended and mixed to really put a lovely fresh spin on things.

How about mini FIA series that last say one month long or so instead of however many months current one last. Races being shorter say in 10 lap range and perhaps focusing on Street cars (instead of race cars).

Back