The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

Not really so much as GTS as the way people are in GTS lobbies and events. There is this notion out there that to have some pure even racing everyone is using the same settings and tires. This is such hogwash.

Now this post is not to open up debates on the advantages or disadvantages at all. To me it is just annoying when people set up their lobbies or events limiting the use of cones, a driving line, TCS, or specific tires under the belief that it evens out certain car (or driver's) advantages. Again total hogwash.

I know it is their choice to setup how they want but having a event or lobby that only allows RS or RSS tires is not putting people on an even playing field. Quite the contrary. Personally I don't run RS or RSS tires. Why? Because very few FIA races allow the use of them so why practice with them. I prefer RM over RS or RSS any day of the week because for my driving style they are too lose (yep you read that right). Is it even to make me use tires I don't practice?

An awesome event is coming around the corner on some really good tracks but had to throw out that hard pass . . . why? It is for 1 of the worst MR cars in the game and TCS use is prohibited. How is this even? How does me using TCS affect the race or series outcome? Is the series more realistic without it? Doubtful. Their event = their choice and I have to be ok with that but I still finding it annoying.

Enjoy your racing.

Not really so much as GTS as the way people are in GTS lobbies and events. There is this notion out there that to have some pure even racing everyone is using the same settings and tires. This is such hogwash.

Now this post is not to open up debates on the advantages or disadvantages at all. To me it is just annoying when people set up their lobbies or events limiting the use of cones, a driving line, TCS, or specific tires under the belief that it evens out certain car (or driver's) advantages. Again total hogwash.

I know it is their choice to setup how they want but having a event or lobby that only allows RS or RSS tires is not putting people on an even playing field. Quite the contrary. Personally I don't run RS or RSS tires. Why? Because very few FIA races allow the use of them so why practice with them. I prefer RM over RS or RSS any day of the week because for my driving style they are too lose (yep you read that right). Is it even to make me use tires I don't practice?

An awesome event is coming around the corner on some really good tracks but had to throw out that hard pass . . . why? It is for 1 of the worst MR cars in the game and TCS use is prohibited. How is this even? How does me using TCS affect the race or series outcome? Is the series more realistic without it? Doubtful. Their event = their choice and I have to be ok with that but I still finding it annoying.

Enjoy your racing.
Can I ask is the three daily online races lobbies or A,B,C, separate online races in GTS ?

Enjoy your racing.
Whilst I do agree with that banning certain options or limiting it to a certain tyre compound doesn't level the field.

A new series I joined last week (to help pass the time during our lockdown) has a ban on all Driver Aids.

And whilst we are using N100 cars that certainly doesn't hinder most drivers, the racing throughout the skill levels has been amazingly close so far.

Whilst I do agree with that banning certain options or limiting it to a certain tyre compound doesn't level the field.

A new series I joined last week (to help pass the time during our lockdown) has a ban on all Driver Aids.

And whilst we are using N100 cars that certainly doesn't hinder most drivers, the racing throughout the skill levels has been amazingly close so far.
If someone wants to use ASM and TCS I'm all for it, they will likely be much slower as a result

Something new I discovered that gets under my skin.....

You can't take a race photo when you're in the pits. I was trying to get a cool shot of the car up on the jacks while in the middle of a tire change, but it said photos can't be taken while in the pits.

WTH?!

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I hate how we can't take photos of pitstops in a replay...

Something new I discovered that gets under my skin.....

You can't take a race photo when you're in the pits. I was trying to get a cool shot of the car up on the jacks while in the middle of a tire change, but it said photos can't be taken while in the pits.

WTH?!

Maybe I don't know and in fact it is possible (would seem logical), but I would like to have more time to see my lap times a bit longer when finishing a race. And also to be able to wait that the other cars finish their race too.

During the race I see my last lap times, cool, but not the best moment to reflect on them, and as soon as I finish, I don't see them anymore, I just see the list of cars for a few seconds, if the 2nd is not far I may see his race time but that's all, I never get to see when the others cross the line.

There is that not usefull graph of the evolution of positions during the race, I can see who did the best lap time, but not able to see my lap times or anyone's.

Am I missing something ?

(All this is in campaign mode, just done a couple of online races where it might defer)

Maybe I don't know and in fact it is possible (would seem logical), but I would like to have more time to see my lap times a bit longer when finishing a race. And also to be able to wait that the other cars finish their race too.

During the race I see my last lap times, cool, but not the best moment to reflect on them, and as soon as I finish, I don't see them anymore, I just see the list of cars for a few seconds, if the 2nd is not far I may see his race time but that's all, I never get to see when the others cross the line.

There is that not usefull graph of the evolution of positions during the race, I can see who did the best lap time, but not able to see my lap times or anyone's.

Am I missing something ?

(All this is in campaign mode, just done a couple of online races where it might defer)
You should be able to see all that in a replay. Also in post race results. As long as you don't exit after the race.

#9 below should have a Race Result option at the end of each race.

i1voPmAihPRysuH.jpg

You should be able to see all that in a replay. Also in post race results. As long as you don't exit after the race.
In a replay yes, but I am under the impression that the post race results are not displayed, and I don't exit. Actually, I wait for the other cars to arrive to see how long behind they are (obviously I see the times of cars arrived in front) but that screen does not stay long (3-4s max) and I am forwarded to race gains screen (Cr, Miles, XP...) and after that I only can look at the bizarre graph of who was were at lap x and the various positions gained or lost.
#9 below should have a Race Result option at the end of each race.
I'll look closely at the replays, but I am surprised that my post race results do not seem to display what you are describing (and which is what I would wait for).

In a replay yes, but I am under the impression that the post race results are not displayed, and I don't exit. Actually, I wait for the other cars to arrive to see how long behind they are (obviously I see the times of cars arrived in front) but that screen does not stay long (3-4s max) and I am forwarded to race gains screen (Cr, Miles, XP...) and after that I only can look at the bizarre graph of who was were at lap x and the various positions gained or lost.
I'll look closely at the replays, but I am surprised that my post race results do not seem to display what you are describing (and which is what I would wait for).
It should be there post race. You may need to use R1(or triangle) to change the display. Took me a while to use it. It's useful.

The same button is for Player Info pre-race, to view settings, tires, transmission, aids, etc.... that other drivers are using. Also useful.

Last edited:
Well I've had a good look and did not find those post race results.

In post race results I only have the stats from the last lap or the lap chart.

I did find the details inside replays but it only shows results for the current lap you are on the replay, not all your lap times.

Maybe it is not available in campaign mode ?

Have not done any online race recently. Maybe those are features of sport mode only.

Well I've had a good look and did not find those post race results.

In post race results I only have the stats from the last lap or the lap chart.

I did find the details inside replays but it only shows results for the current lap you are on the replay, not all your lap times.

Maybe it is not available in campaign mode ?

Have not done any online race recently. Maybe those are features of sport mode only.
Yes sorry, I thought you were talking about online. I guess single player doesn't have those features.

Yes sorry, I thought you were talking about online. I guess single player doesn't have those features.
Ah ok. I understand better, it is not the lack of opened eyes on my part 😅

Strange that you cannot review your lap times after the race when playing offline.

Not knowing if someone has abused the tyre regulations during a race.

I do believe that this information would allow you not to have to take undue risks if racing someone who has a “pending” penalty. There isn’t much point in racing someone hard if you know they either have to stop or if they have a time penalty pending If they don’t.

In RL racing, everyone is aware of who has used what and what still has to be used.

A suggested solution would be to have red dots placed against a driver name. One dot per mandatory tyre. As they are used, remove the dot. Seems simple to me.

Something I discovered yesterday, regarding liveries...... For those cars (race cars) that have pre-installed windshield banners.....some of them you can change the color on and/or add decals, some you can't.

The Porsche 962C? You can change the color of the pre-installed banner and add things to it.
The Porsche 911 RSR? Nope. You can either have the normal one, one of the GT banners, or no banner.

I'd just like to be able to change the color of the banner and/or add things to it. If it's there, it's a part of the car and should be editable.

Something I discovered yesterday, regarding liveries...... For those cars (race cars) that have pre-installed windshield banners.....some of them you can change the color on and/or add decals, some you can't.

The Porsche 962C? You can change the color of the pre-installed banner and add things to it.
The Porsche 911 RSR? Nope. You can either have the normal one, one of the GT banners, or no banner.

I'd just like to be able to change the color of the banner and/or add things to it. If it's there, it's a part of the car and should be editable.
Good news. You will be able to in GT7.

Mission Challenge 5/2. Where we use the Gr.1 Alpine VGT to overtake cars before the goal. It contains Gr.3 & Gr.4 cars to overtake. Kills me, again, we can't replicate that multi-class feature the way we can in these Mission Challenges.
I am more or less done with the GT franchise, but some of the licenses, skill events can be fun and challenging. To bad they have never really found away to consistently apply that to the offline GT events. Heck applying track limits, contact penalties and other things could be easily applied or option to apply, which would at least make a little more challenging. So so many ways they could make the GT series better, even with the limited A.I. and pyhics that the game currently has.

The dashboard clock in the Porsche 911 GT3 (997) 2009 N400 does not work, I was running practice on SSRX and it was night and when I switched to in cockpit view, after almost 3/4 lap I see that the clock is still at 10:30 for more than 4 minutes.

When I'm side by side with another player on a straight and we both anticipate the other being an asshole into the corner so we both mess it up trying to give the other space and avoid being punted / shunted / rammed

Last edited:
The dashboard clock in the Porsche 911 GT3 (997) 2009 N400 does not work, I was running practice on SSRX and it was night and when I switched to in cockpit view, after almost 3/4 lap I see that the clock is still at 10:30 for more than 4 minutes.
I don’t think any of the clocks work. However they all change to the time of day selected.

Not exactly a problem with GT Sport as such...

People in online lobbies complaining about others using "concept" cars because they are too easy to win in, whilst they are sitting in an N400 race with a detuned McLaren F1 (N600) or Ford GT (N700) :crazy:

I don’t think any of the clocks work. However they all change to the time of day selected.
This is correct, pretty much every car's clock works in Sport and is set to time of day, they did change when time changed back in GT5 and 6, and will again in 7.

The analogue clock in the '70 Dodge Challenger, however, does not work in Sport, and it's also the only car I can think of with a broken odometer and trip meter; stuck on "33333" and "333[2½]" respectively.

The fact that I have to grind BMB 50 more times to get from lvl 49 to 50 ... ah well 26 days to go till GT7, 2 races a day, ain't that bad, as long as I don't skip any and manage to do clean races.

The fact that I have to grind BMB 50 more times to get from lvl 49 to 50 ... ah well 26 days to go till GT7, 2 races a day, ain't that bad, as long as I don't skip any and manage to do clean races.
You can switch things up a bit with the Gr.1 race at Monza in... professional, I think? Memory not quite there for me now but that’s seven, eight minutes or something and not bad at all, if those cars are to your liking.

Back