The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
Evening all, Ive had my DFP for about a 9 months now, if im honest im not using it nearly enough. The main reason for this is wheel stand / mount, or lack of!

Ive been looking at Wheel Stand Pro for a while but £90? is a sore one.
I know the build quality is excellent but £90 notes is hard to stomach.

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

Am i right in saying they are the only supplier of this product?
and are there any decent alternatives without going down the playseat route?

Many thanks in advance.

That certainly does not look worth the money. That pole the wheel attaches to looks like it would move back and forth.

;)

I just bought driving force pro wheel. I've been able to disable 900 degree rotation (press select, R3, right shifter) It work's. I play gt5 prologue. But when disabled, the cars are undrivable, going from left to right rapidely on strateway.:grumpy:

Is there somthing i can do or i will have to get used to drive the f2007 with the 900 degree wheel?

Thank you for your help.:sly:

guilleneuve21.

I just bought driving force pro wheel. I've been able to disable 900 degree rotation (press select, R3, right shifter) It work's. I play gt5 prologue. But when disabled, the cars are undrivable, going from left to right rapidely on strateway.:grumpy:

Is there somthing i can do or i will have to get used to drive the f2007 with the 900 degree wheel?

Thank you for your help.:sly:

guilleneuve21.

Welcome to gtplanet, gyosa21.

I've used the DFP (DFGT now) for a few years and always used the 900 degrees setting.
With the lower setting you don't have to turn the wheel as much but it sounds as though it's too sensitive for you.
My advice would be to use the 900 degree setting.

Good luck with the wheel, they're great I think.

Hello,

So, today something happened to my DFP.
I bought it few weeks ago, everything was OK, but today it just doen'st
calibrate how it should. I plug it to the PC, it tries to calibrate, but end up
at wrong position. Its like 30 degrees to the left instead of centre. I tried to reinstall Logitech drivers, but it didn't work. Then I plugged it to PS2, but it was the same. I don't know how it could happened, I played with it as everytime. Just pedals connection fell off and then the problem appeared.

So, what could be wrong with it? Is it a bug or something?

Thanks for your answers.
BYE.

Left LED:

On = The wheel is calibrated
Off = The wheel is not calibrated

Right LED:

On = 900 degree rotation mode
Off = 200 degree rotation mode

From Logitech website

@Rcwr
Try the "Logitech Profiler" that you use on the PC. It calibrates the wheel and makes sure all the buttons work and stuff

Right wheel noob here and in need of advice.....

Would like a new wheel for my PC. Couple of mates recommend the DFP or Driving Force GT, both of which are not marketed as a PC wheel. Now I could easily get a Driving Force GT from amazon, but I'm dead paranoid about when it comes to working with the PC. Any advice?

Right wheel noob here and in need of advice.....

Would like a new wheel for my PC. Couple of mates recommend the DFP or Driving Force GT, both of which are not marketed as a PC wheel. Now I could easily get a Driving Force GT from amazon, but I'm dead paranoid about when it comes to working with the PC. Any advice?

It works, you can download driver from LOGITECH for PC use.. you can check now and see to make sure its there.

does anybody know where i can get internal wires (the on that connects to the motor) anywhere? or what the wire is made of? i already called logitech n they said the didnt have any...

*Mods note for future reference when posting on :gtplanet::
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.*

Last edited by a moderator:
It works, you can download driver from LOGITECH for PC use.. you can check now and see to make sure its there.

Yeah, the DFGT is supported on the PC now. Here's the link to the driver (well, more like software) page:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/441/4172&cl=us,en?osid=-1&file=0

If it doesn't work, just go to support at the top of the site and find the DFGT.

Excellant. That is I guess all I needed to know. :sly: To the rainforest!

Right. Furthering on, a bit of troubleshooting.
Installed the 32bit software (64bit wouldnt install) and for the most part got my Driving Force GT working.

However, playing LFS the wheel does not align centrally with the cars straight line. To go straight in game I have to turn the wheel to about 10 o clock (5-10 degrees maybe to the left) Is this because of my option to have it set to 270 degree rotation?

Also turns further to the left than to the right. :S

Just to add to that question.. Does the force feedback work fine when you connect the Driving Force Pro to a PC?? Cos ive been gettig mixed responses to that question from different people.. Anyone here has any experience on that? If so, could you also tell me what games that youve tried for pc with the Driving Force Pro and it works fine...
Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Does anyone know why my brake pedal seems to have a reversed axis in GT3? The accelerator works fine, but the brake is applied in-game when the pedal is not depressed. When you press the pedal it releases the brakes, but when you release the pedal again, the brakes get re-applied. I've tried using the calibration screen, holding down the pedal when I press X, and also releasing the pedal first. Both work fine for the accelerator but the brake always has the reverse axis problem.

It's not the usual sticky pedals issue with DFPs because I fixed that on mine last week and it's been working just fine in GT4. Please tell this is a known issue I can fix. :nervous:

edit: I seem to have made the problem go away simply by trying again. It occurred to me that I had started GT3 from the 'Browser' menu after swapping discs and that there might be some freak chance that my DFP didn't like that for some reason. I tried starting the machine with GT3 already inside it and now it seems to be working as I originally expected it to. Sleeping is useful for brain function!

edit2: Pedals work great, but now I realize that while it is possible to enable the 900-degree mode, it isn't exactly desirable to do so. A full 450 degree turn in either direction only gives 90 degrees in the game according to the HUD on the replay. Turning the wheel 90 degrees barely turns the car at all, and 180 degrees isn't much better. So much for respite from GT4's many annoyances.👎

Last edited:
I just bought one to use with rFactor, everything works but I can't seem to get the force feedback to work. It may be broke? Only one light turns on, the right light is dim, the wheel is hard to turn but there is no vibrations or anything. If I turn 900 degree mode on that light turns on.

Thanks, yeah I've downloaded two but still no feedback or anything. Like if I unplug the cable that goes into the wall the wheel is real easy to turn, no force needed, plugged in it has "pressure" but there is no vibrations or feedback.

When I got my driving force pro, I hooked it up to my PC and entered my online game (iRacing - http://www.iracing.com/). I loaded the game and configured the steering as well as the pedals and shifter nob. It all seemed to work properly, although every time I would log onto the game, I would have to re-set the controls(steering/pedals). Also the steering wheel does not automatically spin both directions to calibrate as i though it is supposed to. After about a week, I turned on the game and had to reset the settings once again but this time it would not detect movement in the pedals/steering/shifter; therefore not letting me play the game. I went to the logitech site and downloaded the logitech profiler that is supposed to manage gaming devices (including this wheel). It detects the wheel but on installation it did not detect movement either. Also when the USB is plugged in, the computer recognizes the driving force pro wheel, and says its ready to use. I also wasn't sure if I can unlock the 900 degree steering mode. Hopefully there is a solution and this wheel didnt just fail.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE REPLY- IT WORKED BUT RANDOMLY STOPPED WORKING
:( :(
-Dillon

Hello, folks.
Wanted a to have a few questions answered!
I borrowed the Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals from a friend, but i can't get it to work properly.
I've installed the necessary drivers from Logitechs site and the wingman stuff.
I tried the wheels on Farming Simulator 2009 and Dirt 2 demo, but it doesn't work.
Only thing that happens is that in farming sim: the camera view moves around auto, and when i use the wheel or the pedal, the view movement changes.
And in Dirt2: without doing anything, the car accelerate.
So, does anyone know what to do?
I'm quite new to this profiler thing.

I run Vista Ultimate 64bits.

How do I get my DFP to turn more than 180 degree in rFactor? I have Gaming Software Profiler installed, but I can't find the option to change the steering ratio.

How do I get my DFP to turn more than 180 degree in rFactor? I have Gaming Software Profiler installed, but I can't find the option to change the steering ratio.

Are you using the Logitech Profiler?

If so, you can go into "Advanced" I believe it is (correct me if I'm wrong) or maybe "preferences" and set the ratio.

;)

I want to connect the Driving Force Pro Pedals to the DriveFX Wheel, so I need the exact DriveFX Pinout Scheme:

Something like: Pin 3=Brake, Pin 4 = +5V ... or so would be great

I got (found) the DFGT/DFP/Black MOMO pedals pinout (see below), but I'm not sure how to connect to them to the DriveFX Pins:

1:
2: Throttle
3: Brake
4: Ground
5:
6: +5V
7: Throttle
8: Brake
9: Ground

thanks & cheers

Last edited:
Is anyone out there still using the DFP? For GT5? Call me cheap but I don't feel like buying a new wheel. I still think it's pretty sweet but the only other wheel I've ever used was a cheapo $10 one made for the PSOne.

Back