The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
Is anyone out there still using the DFP? For GT5? Call me cheap but I don't feel like buying a new wheel. I still think it's pretty sweet but the only other wheel I've ever used was a cheapo $10 one made for the PSOne.
Still on my DFP. If I ever had people to play split screen with I would consider adding a DFGT, but no one who comes over and wants to play wants to play against me head-to-head.

Yeah I'm still on the DFP from GT4, but I don't see a point to upgrade. Like FoolKiller said, I might get the DFGT if my gf decides she likes gran turismo... or if mine gives out on me, but until that happens, I am cool as a cucumber with the DFP

Yeah I'm still on the DFP from GT4, but I don't see a point to upgrade. Like FoolKiller said, I might get the DFGT if my gf decides she likes gran turismo... or if mine gives out on me, but until that happens, I am cool as a cucumber with the DFP
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I still use my trusty DFP. I'm impressed that it still works okay considering I bought it in 2005. I might take a huge leap and buy the TM, though. :D

I also still use the DFP. I actually bought a DFGT last night to see if it was worth upgrading, but I ended up returning it this morning because I really didn't like the feel compared to the DFP. I prefer the smaller, fatter wheel and have no issues with the FFB on the DFP.

Peace \/
chisel316

Hello everyone I got a driving force pro today second hand for £40 its it great condition not a mark on it however I'm not getting any rumble like when leaving the track or going over a rumble strip the force feedback works great I'm just wondering does the wheel have rumble or is mine broken?

I just upgraded my 6 year old DFP to a G27, and passed the DFP onto my cousin. He set it up immediately and we proceeded to throw down hours of GT5P.

I won't say the G27 isn't a huge upgrade, 'cause it is, but the ol' DFP still gets it done... and it still felt as tight and strong as it did the day I took it out of the box for the first time!

I've put tens of thousands of miles on gt4, hd, prologue and gt5 using my dfp and loved every minute. GT, a 900 degree wheel and a playseat or similar give you one of the most amazing gaming experiences ever. We've come a long way from Pole Position.

That Thrustmaster wheel is lookin very tempting though. Just waiting to here from a drifter that it behaves like a real car and I'm all over it.

Hello everyone I got a driving force pro today second hand for £40 its it great condition not a mark on it however I'm not getting any rumble like when leaving the track or going over a rumble strip the force feedback works great I'm just wondering does the wheel have rumble or is mine broken?

As far as I know there's no "rumble" in mine. It may "sputter" a bit in the FFB on rumble strips but you can definitely feel the traction give out when you go off track.

right, time for a noob question. Just found my DFP in my mums loft but no power cable. I tried plugging the wheel into my ps3 just using USB but it didnt seem to recognise it, the left hand light came on, the right one flashed ( which I believe is because no power for FFB ) any got any ideas if it going to work or not? dont really want to buy a new wheel as this one is still in very good condition after not being used for about three years. Any help appriciated.

I don't have one so can't comment 100%. I'd try a new power cable before a new wheel though. heck, Google the power requirements.. one of those universal/adjustable jobbers from Wal-Mart my suffice. :) Personally, one of those/something around the house usually works when I'm down one.

I don't have one so can't comment 100%. I'd try a new power cable before a new wheel though. heck, Google the power requirements.. one of those universal/adjustable jobbers from Wal-Mart my suffice. :) Personally, one of those/something around the house usually works when I'm down one.

can it not be used without the FFB on ps3? I seem to remember you could on ps2 by not connecting power cable? could be wrong, all i know is it doesn't work at minute, unless i'm missing some pairing/instalation.

Had every power cable out i can find and none of them suitable! the closest i found had everything right but the wrong polarity grrr :grumpy:

can it not be used without the FFB on ps3? I seem to remember you could on ps2 by not connecting power cable? could be wrong, all i know is it doesn't work at minute, unless i'm missing some pairing/instalation.

Had every power cable out i can find and none of them suitable! the closest i found had everything right but the wrong polarity grrr :grumpy:

I'm not sure, I know my FFB PC stuff can. If I got thaat close I'd be doin some splicing though! :D

Hi, GTP Forum peeps!

Just dug my Driving Force Pro wheel out of the attic to play GT5, and I have mislaid the Power Supply Unit..... Could someone with this wheel please confirm the size of the jack which plugs into the socket on the base of the wheel? ( I think it might be 5.5mm x 2.1mm, but need confirmation).

And am I right in saying it must be a Regulated 24 Volt DC Power Supply PSU, with 750Ma?

TIA, and happy gaming!!

steelydan

'05 BMW330i Coupe Schnitzer
'08 Honda Fireblade, Yoshimura USA full system

Hi, GTP Forum peeps!

Just dug my Driving Force Pro wheel out of the attic to play GT5, and I have mislaid the Power Supply Unit..... Could someone with this wheel please confirm the size of the jack which plugs into the socket on the base of the wheel? ( I think it might be 5.5mm x 2.1mm, but need confirmation).

And am I right in saying it must be a Regulated 24 Volt DC Power Supply PSU, with 750Ma?

TIA, and happy gaming!!

steelydan

:ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch:
💡:yuck::grumpy::guilty::nervous::embarrassed:;):mad::mad::mad::mad::

VERY surprised and disappointed that no-one can be bothered to put finger to keyboard to help me out...... I DID think this was the pre-eminent GT2/3/4/5 gameplayer's forum, but it seems I am mistaken......
:grumpy:

HELP, anyone??????

masonhomes

Thanks for the post. Reeeeeaaaal helpful.

Not.

Let's try again.. there's this little thing in life called patience. If I did have a DFP & saw your 2nd post in this thread, I likely wouldn't want to help you anymore. Since I'm here though, I took a second to converse with the magic Google fairy's, and yes, you were correct about the powersupply specifications. ;)

masonholmes

Funnily enough, I HAVE heard of Google, and used it for this query. However, I am still seeking confirmation of the jack plug's dimensions in order to obtain a suitable aftermarket replacement PSU. Humble apologies for displaying some impatience..... but if you had GT5, an HDTV, a PS3 and A DF Pro wheel without the means to power it, I think you might feel the same emotion....:)

masonholmes

Funnily enough, I HAVE heard of Google, and used it for this query. However, I am still seeking confirmation of the jack plug's dimensions in order to obtain a suitable aftermarket replacement PSU. Humble apologies for displaying some impatience..... but if you had GT5, an HDTV, a PS3 and A DF Pro wheel without the means to power it, I think you might feel the same emotion....:)

Well, this is a game forum.. most of us have been there @ some point, way, or another. :P If I had one I'd be much more inclined to help ya now though.

If possible/you don't get any dimension replies, here's an idea.. go somewhere that sells those universal PSU jobs (and allows returns). Find the jack that's the closest fit, and then if you don't have a use for it, take it back after getting the numbers you need. (personally I always seem to find a use for those though) In the past when I was in a major pinch of this sort, I've been known to piece together my own supply/jack from multiple items. Some of them were pretty ghetto looking, but almost always got me playing again until I could get the real deal! :cool:

This may be of help.. (also thanks to the fairy's :cheers:)

Model ADP-18LB B 110v input US version
Model ADP-18LB C 220v input (German confirmed) version

Here's one place to get it:
http://azsurplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_25&products_id=21
EDIT - just realized that's used.. I'm sure you can find it elsewhere, new

From the minimal skimming I did, it seems most Logitech PSU's will work, other than the G25's. (I think I read that correctly)
Humble apology accepted. ;)

EDIT - this is also useful info for those that don't already know how this stuff works:

"It's OK to use a power supply with a bigger current capacity than needed. If you find ones with, say, 24V and 1.0A then that's usable - the wheel will draw as much as it needs.
Therefore:
Same voltage (24V)
Same or greater current (=>0.75A)
Same polarity (positive centre)
"

Last edited:
masonholmes

Ta muchly for the info. It seems that I would have to import a genuine Logitech PSU from the States (delivery costs would exceed the cost of the PSU!), so I finally found a UK supplier of a Chinese pattern part who confirms that it will very likely fit:-

ebay Item number: 290466149616

. 👍

I shall be launching my GT5 assault on Saturday afternoon, assuming the part arrives by then....

Watch this space....:crazy:

Hi, GTP Forum peeps!

TIA, and happy gaming!!

steelydan

I've had this wheel a full year before Gran Turismo 4 came out. I was using it for GT3, and it didn't support the 900 degree rotation. I love this wheel and I've been using it ever since and never bought another different kind of wheel, that is until today. I've gotten so used to the DFP that adjusting to the new t500rs is hard in some ways. But I have found that the DFP and the t500rs are similar in the way that the feel of the car moving across the ground/road is overall pretty much the same feeling. it's either that or I need to update the t500rs.
Anyway, I don't know the size of the jack but the power supply is AC current, input: AC 100-120V-0.4A and output 24V,0.75A
If anyone needs extra parts, let me know, because I have 2 DFPs.

yanfloist

Thanks for the info, which pretty much confirms the electrical requirements.:)

I have got to level 7 in GT5 using the Driving Force Pro wheel, a game which DOES support a realistic 900º wheel rotation (2.5 turns lock-to-lock). There are two green LED's on the wheel itself. In 200° rotation mode only the left LED is lit, whilst in 900° mode both are lit.

I like the "State-of-the-art Force Feedback" technology, altho' you need to experiment with the wheel's settings to get the right feel for you. The wheel is smooth, due to sturdy steel bearings. It has optical sensing for precise steering control.... Nice!

The sequential stick shifter and wheel-mounted paddle shifters are both great, and very precise to use when hammering down the Nordschleife!

All in all, a big thumbs-up 👍 for this product.

so i have a DFP and the plastic clamp just broke. i've called Logitech but with "great" surprise they don't sell the clamps or have any idea where to get them because they want me to buy a new wheel... go them.

any idea or knowledge of a place i could purchase the clamp?

apfeltes

Sorry to learn of your dilemma with the broken clamp on your DFP. :scared:

However, I see that yanfloist, another member who has recently posted on this thread, has two DFP's, and is offering spares to those who need them! :)

Good luck.👍

steelydan

Back