The Matrix Awakens is a Free Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo With Over 38,000 Drivable Vehicles

I would love to see a new Driver or Burnout Paradise based on this engine. The city ambience is amazing :drool:

The building/road textures and car reflections could use a bit of work I feel, but it's just a demo and for a world this size it's still pretty good.
Yes a driver 1 remake would be a delight if done right.

Seems fair to say we haven't seen much of what newgen can do yet. Promising for next many years to come.

Crazy times we live in. I've started implementing the UE5 workflow into my pipeline, and the results are excellent, with some exceptions. Nonetheless, the UE5 is still in beta, so I expect this to get a full swing when it's fully released.
Re; Matrix - I think the damage that cars receive can be more realistic and increased. Perhaps that's because of optimization or artistic decision.

Why no PC version? UE5 is cross platform - they basically have to just choose in a menu to make it run on PC...
I think the PC version will appear at some point after Jan 2022; I found a few people commenting on that matter on other forums

The damage model of the cars really surprised me
That was the most impressive part of the tech demo for me. It would blow my mind if GT7 was anywhere near the same level but I highly doubt it. For that reason part of me wishes I hadn't experienced it before GT7.

Demo is stunning. Reminds of of when gta3 demo hit ps2 back in the day. I stopped playing it though after 5 mins, because I don't want the feeling of playing ps5 games to feel underwhelming in the graphical department because of something so superior.

I'm blown away by this tech demo. Is that the real Keanu or CGI. I seriously cannot tell!
I was able to tell right away. It's the eyes or the wrinkles/muscles around the face. As good as facial scan/tech is, they haven't got it perfected yet. It is among the best out there though.

Back