The Metal ThreadMusic 

Anyone else like Black Metal? Immortal is legendary. Check out their most recent album if you haven't.

Also you should check out this band called Mictlantecuhtli. They kick some serious ass. It's an awesome Aztec metal band.

Do you guys ever feel overwhelmed by how much music there is to listen to?

I check out bands all the time and they are good, but half of what I listen to no one has heard of or bother to look up and there's just SO much...

I check out bands all the time and they are good, but half of what I listen to no one has heard of or bother to look up and there's just SO much...

Sometimes but with well over 15000 tunes on my Ipod my friend is the shuffle button 👍

And @disneyland5 I love my metal black, great vid - Had the pleasure of seeing Immortal live a few years back when my mate toured them here, was an epic night!

EDIT: From forum stats
Members: 239,666 - \m/

I've got almost 4,000 (and growing rapidly) and running out of space on my iPod. I wanted a 64gb but couldn't get it at the time. 32 just isn't enough.

I've been catching up on a lot of underground bands, new and old. There's a LOT of new ones that have the old school sound. Like, if you didn't know any better, they sound like they are 1980's. Not a bad thing.

Couple of ones you guys may want to check out. I highly recommend all of these bands (both new and old):

Primal Fear -Classic elements with a modern-ish sound (guys played in the 80s) and very clear production. Everything from pop rock to ballads to power metal to thrash to mainstream straight up rippage. Their singer Ralf Scheepers could easily be mistaken for Rob Halford, and his range is arguably the same. In fact he tried out for Priest. Vocals are FANTASTIC. This is the same guy that sung on the first 3 albums from Gamma Ray before Kai Hansen from Helloween took over. His voice has since deepened but it actually sounds better that way and my lord can that guy get HIGH.

Sinner - Formed by Primal Fear's bassist circa 1983. He also does vocal duties. More based on heavy riffs but in a technical form, though there is thrashy-ness in some songs. Vocals are much deeper. Has a lot of stuff that could easily go mainstream metal, but not be overrated in that regard.

Leige Lord - Heavy metal riffage. Vocals reminiscent of Blaze Bayley of Iron Maiden and Wolfsbane.

Air Raid - Straight up 1980's thrash right down to the production quality. Easily mistaken for something from 1986. Deep vocals, nothing too screamy.

Tyran' Pace - Judas Priest circa 1980. Scheepers (Primal Fear, Gamma Ray) on vocals. Play this somewhere and I bet you'll have people ask what Priest song that is or what record you are listening to. You literally cannot tell the difference, so much that even I was shocked at the resemblance, and it's so close even the guitar tones are indentical...

Leeway - These guys were featured on GTA IV with their song "Enforcer". Later material is more punk-metal but still good. Early stuff is very thrashy.

Enforcer - I can't really explain this band. It's almost thrashy with extremely technical guitar work and riffs but light tones with old school style production if that makes sense. Add in Scorpions style guitar fills frequently with light pitch but high vocals and you've got this band.

Mantic Ritual - Kill 'em All era Metallica. The guy even sounds like Hetfield with his screams, but with a twist. Shame this band only made one album. If you're looking for more music in that style from Metallica, this is your band.

Lich King: More classic sounding straight up thrash. Some songs sound power metal-ish.

Last edited:
You've got some cool bands there, haven't actually listened to Lich King but if there thrash I've gotta give them a listen. Haven't heard of Mantic Ritual either, will give them a try too \m/

Unsolicited plug here for my a bunch of my daughter's classmates / friends who have a fun metal show on the local college radio station. You can listen to The Guillotine every Friday afternoon starting at 5:00p EST online at www.wvud.org. Tell them Duke sent you!

I view it as quite a problem actually. That the old system of record labels censoring out the utter rubbish is not there anymore. Sure, we'd on occasion miss out on an absolute gem because it wasn't deemed marketable enough. And, it didn't stop some of the music being rubbish anyway. But without that filter we've ended up with a blur of endless wannabes, and such a difficulty in wading through in order to find properly realised talent.

You've got some cool bands there, haven't actually listened to Lich King but if there thrash I've gotta give them a listen. Haven't heard of Mantic Ritual either, will give them a try too \m/
You will probably like Mantic Ritual then. They sound very much like Bonded By Blood era Exodus. There are a lot of new thrash bands its almost like a new wave.

I view it as quite a problem actually. That the old system of record labels censoring out the utter rubbish is not there anymore. Sure, we'd on occasion miss out on an absolute gem because it wasn't deemed marketable enough. And, it didn't stop some of the music being rubbish anyway. But without that filter we've ended up with a blur of endless wannabes, and such a difficulty in wading through in order to find properly realised talent.
Oh I agree. Look at early Nuclear Assault. Hang the Pope and other 50 second tracks would get the axe.

slash
You will probably like Mantic Ritual then. They sound very much like Bonded By Blood era Exodus. There are a lot of new thrash bands its almost like a new wave.

Hahaha hell yes Bonded By Blood one of the greatest thrash albums of all time 👍. Totally agree about there being a new wave of thrash too, Warbringer, Havok and Vivid Remorse are a few that are worth a listen.

Oh boy more! Lol. I just got a ton of music, probably 10gb worth. All of Saxons stuff, Sinner, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray etc etc.

I've heard of Warbringer but haven't actually heard them play. Ill have to check them out.

slash
Oh boy more! Lol. I just got a ton of music, probably 10gb worth. All of Saxons stuff, Sinner, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray etc etc.

Hahaha very cool man, you can never have too much metal \m/, great selection too. As for Warbringer they're awesome, you can tell they grew up listen to oldschool thrash bands.

Anyone here into death metal?

TD's vocalist is probably joining Bloodbath soon, great choice if you ask me. Can't wait for their new album, 'The Fathomless Mastery' is in my opinion hands down the best death metal album ever made.

Head to Torturedivision.net to get all their songs - for free! Their policy is to keep making three-song demos and only make their fans pay if they're willing to pay.

Hahaha very cool man, you can never have too much metal \m/, great selection too. As for Warbringer they're awesome, you can tell they grew up listen to oldschool thrash bands.
I agree. I've got way too much :lol: Not enough room for it all.

Anyway's, here's some stuff for you all to have a listen to. This is Primal Fear, one of my favorite new bands. They have such good material. Their entire discog is worth it. This should give you a good idea of the range of their material. I want to stress just how good I think this band is...of their 12 or so albums, every single one is a masterpiece, and I do not say that about many bands often. In fact I'd say the only other band that does it is Iron Maiden.

Last edited:
slash
Anyway's, here's some stuff for you all to have a listen to. This is Primal Fear, one of my favorite new bands. They have such good material. Their entire discog is worth it. This should give you a good idea of the range of their material. I want to stress just how good I think this band is...of their 12 or so albums, every single one is a masterpiece, and I do not say that about many bands often. In fact I'd say the only other band that does it is Iron Maiden.

Just gave it a listen awesome stuff really dig Suicide and Mania. And now I'm ashamed to say I never really listened to much Primal Fear, thats about to change though \m/

They have so much material, between stuff like that and others...they have quite the range. Glad you like them. Here's a few more you might like.

In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
Sonata Arctica
Killswitch Engage
Ministry (my fave metal band)
Children of Bodom
Mushroomhead
Rammstein
Pantera
Godsmack
Slayer
Nine Inch Nails

How's that?
Nine inch nails and godsmack do not count they are industrial and hard rock, respectively.

I just wanted to say thanks to Slash for re-introducing me to Primal Fear. I had listened to them what seems like forever ago, and just lost track of them and their albums in the shuffle of time. I managed to find 8 or 9 of their albums for download including their latest Delivering the Black.

Cheers

I just wanted to say thanks to Slash for re-introducing me to Primal Fear. I had listened to them what seems like forever ago, and just lost track of them and their albums in the shuffle of time. I managed to find 8 or 9 of their albums for download including their latest Delivering the Black.

Cheers

No problem, they've got about 12 releases spanning from this past January to 1997. All of them are worth it in my opinion.

I could care less what people think about Metallica these days or the Black Album, but I 🤬 love the Black album.

Back