The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 909 comments
Tyson just gave Wilder a proper beating. Absolutely destroyed him.

American Pie rendition post fight equally as impressive :lol:

I pretty much figured out how the Wilder-Fury II fight went when I saw highlights on local news followed by the Twitter hashtag "#DamnWilder" surface. Deontay Wilder has about 30 days to file for a rematch. Again... all congratulations to Tyson Fury on defeating D. Wilder.

Deontay Wilder has finally been bested. When I saw video highlights on Twitter, T. Fury methodically hammered D. Wilder with punches to where D. Wilder couldn't rely on his power punches. HUGE win for Tyson Fury last night. Even I picked Deontay Wilder to defeat Tyson Fury. Didn't happen. I always thought Tyson Fury would methodically put boxers down, while Deontay Wilder just looks to drop the bomb on boxers at any given moment. Tyson Fury still won by TKO last night.

Last Saturday was about the epic boxing battle between Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury, both in their second meeting. Tonight is Bout Time as the UFC will be in action. The main fight being touted is between Benavidez vs. Figueiredo. It's UFC action tonight in Norfolk, VA, USA!

So, do you love Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury? Reports indicate D. Wilder has filed some paperwork for a third meeting between these two. It is possible Wilder-Fury III will take place in Las Vegas on July 18. It will be great seeing these two throw down for a third time.

Israel Adesanya vs. Yoel Romero is a highlighted match for UFC 248 this Saturday. Here is a way to kick off March 2020 UFC style. The action will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, USA- within the greater Las Vegas area. Other matches include Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk in the Women's Straweight class, and there is also Beneli Darirush vs. Drakkar Klose.

Again- this is all coming your way this Saturday. So enjoy this weekend's UFC 248 action!

Terrible main event tonight between Adesanya and Romero 👎 but thank the Gods for that co main event.. Holy crap that was the best female fight I ever saw and one of the best title fights to boot!! Congrats to both Zhang Weili and Joanna Jedrzejczyk for giving their all and showing how a fight should be fought :bowdown: Amazing fight!! :cheers:

Last edited:
I am sorry I didn't report this earlier, but UFC is on right now as of the time of this post. The event is in Brasilia, Brazil. There are no fans in the stands in the move to limit the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus. Surreal not seeing and hearing fans cheer on or boo fighters. As an example, if you saw "Friday Night SmackDown!" last night, the event was at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL, USA with no fans watching. So this is so surreal.

The match on as of the time of this post is between R. Yahya of Brazil and Barzola of Peru. I saw bits and pieces of a women's UFC fight from today while at a Wal-Mart. All of you be careful dealing with COVID-19.

I thought it was surreal seeing no fans in the stands or cheering/booing whomever during the UFC coverage on ESPN this past weekend. It didn't stop the intensity of the fighters, but it was still great to provide some kind of entertainment despite this COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak. This will be the scene quite often in MMA and boxing until Coronavirus subsides. It is still great seeing some kind of distraction from all the gloom and doom in today's world.

Love you some UFC? It is said that ESPN will air about 11 straight hours of UFC content. So you all can enjoy some classic UFC material today with the world on stand still thanks to COVID-19/Coronavirus.

Most importantly, you all stay safe- including your family and friends.

Tonight on ESPN is a good deal of UFC action. There will be fights such as the bout between Zhang and Joanna. Ferguson and Cowboy make up UFC Unleashed tonight at 9:00 PM Eastern. It is also said that Russia recently banned cross-border travel due to COVID-19/Coronavirus. It sucks here because... Khabib Nurmagomedov is in Russia (according to a Tweet I read this morning)! So this match may be finito.

Enjoy whatever MMA or boxing action you can see today or tonight!

Apparently, Dana White has secured a private island for which to use for scheduling international UFC fights. He also plans to have UFC back up and running starting on April 18th. There is no news on any real cards coming up for this private island fighting deal. Likewise, there is no idea as to what the actual island is! So the UFC is going to be holding fights on a private island for a handful of international fights in response to COVID-19/Coronavirus.

I mentioned previously about UFC matches to be held on a private island through this COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic. Turns out that Florida may be a welcoming state for boxing matches during this pandemic. I read that some boxing promotions are working with the WWE to perhaps host some boxing matches in Florida while this pandemic is ongoing. It is said the WWE Performance Center could be the site of some future boxing matches. It would be a boon for boxing to go strong in Florida despite recent events.

This is not the WWE thread, but the WWE is considered an "essential service." So imagine more boxing (and possibly MMA as well) to be held in Florida during these crazy times.

It has been reported that UFC 249, which was supposed to be around April 18, will be held on May 9 in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. The event will be held without fans in attendance. I saw the fight card for UFC 249 from ESPN MMA's Twitter feed. Among the 12 matches is Ferguson vs. Gaethje. So you UFC fans get ready for the return of UFC!

Dana White revealed the fight cards for May Fight Night.

* For May 13, there will be Anthony Smith vs. Glover Texiera in the Main Event.
* For May 16, the Fight Card main event includes Allistair Overeem vs. Walt Harris.

Both events will take place in Jacksonville, Florida, USA without fans in the stands. According to Twitter, there is a rumor that Tyrone Woodley may make up part of the UFC Fight Night card for May 23. Good news in all of this is that sports are slowly returning. So the excitement for MMA is returning- at least for the UFC. Get excited for next Saturday if you're a UFC fan.

I was watching CBS Sports HQ last night on Pluto TV as the Ultimate Fighting Championship's Dana White was interviewed. I applaud this guy's courage to try to generate some buzz during this pandemic with the big fight cards slated for between May 9 through May 16 to be campaigned in Jacksonville, FL, USA. He was even asked about what is being called "Fight Island" for the UFC. Dana White mentioned he didn't buy the island, but more like secured it for hosting UFC fights. Either way, it will be great to see some MMA action return, at least with the UFC.

I'm sure any discussion of boxing or mixed-martial arts is fair game in this thread. Having said that...

Do you miss live sports? Well, guess what? UFC is BACK, baby! Fans of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) can enjoy UFC action tonight featuring a fight card including championship matches like Cejudo vs. Cruz and Ferguson vs. Gaethje. The action will take place in Jacksonville, FL, USA; and no fans will be in the stands to prevent COVID-19/Coronavirus spread. Enjoy the action if you're a fan!

Wow what a great night of fights ( apart from early stoppage in co main boo!!! ) But that main event!! Just wow :scared: Damn Tony Ferguson has a chin of Granite... Congrats to Gaethje and all the other winners it's friggin Awesome having the UFC back again :bowdown:

This post is a heads-up on the UFC. Tomorrow night in Jacksonville, Florida, USA; we got some more MMA action coming your way. This is one of two nights of UFC action to happen this week. So if you're able to check out UFC on May 13 or May 16, be sure to enjoy the action!

Glover Texiera defeated Anthony Smith last night by TKO on UFC Fight Night, but there is some criticism that the fight wasn't stopped any sooner when Smith was out of it. Smith was taken to a local hospital afterwards after the fight ended. I learned of all of this while watching ESPN Sportscenter.

Congratulations to all of the winners from UFC Fight Night last night.

Guess what time it is. It's BOUT TIME! UFC ready to blow your mind once again when UFC action takes place tonight in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. The big fight tonight on the card is Alistair Overeem vs. Walt Harris. Enjoy this match and all the other fights slated for tonight!

[UPDATE] Alistair Overeem, not Allistair. Only one "L." And misspelled Jacksonville. Both corrected.

Last edited:
I don't think there will be any UFC action this Memorial Day. I couldn't find anything hyping up any matches this weekend. Only thing I did read is that UFC head cheese Dana White will live on "Fight Island" just to hype up a number of upcoming UFC bouts. It will be Woodley vs. Burns as part of the May 30 UFC card. There is also word that Joseph Benavidez and Deiveson Figureiedo will clash for the vacant UFC Flyweight belt on July 18.

And as an off-topic note, happy belated birthday (from May 21), Bruce Buffer! I thought Michael Buffer and Bruce Buffer were father and son; they are brothers! Even someone else on Twitter didn't know these two are brothers.

Allow me to talk boxing and MMA. First, boxing.

For you fans of the Top Rank boxing promotion, the Nevada State Athletic Commission has approved of holding boxing events coming up. It is said that events will be held in Las Vegas with 2-3 events up to June 9. So you will get to see some boxing in Las Vegas. I think the first of these events is slated for this Saturday. I THINK...

Now for you UFC fans. The same Nevada State Athletic Commission has okayed UFC action to take place in Las Vegas. Starting this Saturday, there will be about two UFC events between now and about June 9. You'll have to look online for the fight card planned for these two UFC dates, though.

Hopefully this brightened the day for you boxing and/or MMA fans! :)

Hey, you... Yeah- you reading this post! You ready for UFC action tonight? Tonight in Las Vegas, we got UFC action set to start tonight at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on ESPN and ESPN+. Preliminary matches begin around 6:00 PM Eastern Time tonight. Among the matches on tonight's card is a welterweight bout between Woodley vs. Burns.

Enjoy tonight's action!

Tonight is UFC 250! Tonight from Las Vegas, we got matches like a great women's bout between Nunez vs. Spencer. Plenty of other matches are to come tonight. The preliminary matches begin at 6:00 PM Eastern Time tonight.

Enjoy the action! And, uh... it's BOUT TIME!

One of the world's greatest mysteries has been solved recently. So where is this "UFC Fight Island?" That Fight Island happens to be in... Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. UFC 251 is set to debut in mid-July from Abu Dhabi.

In boxing, Top Rank is set to have a number of boxing matches this coming weekend. As mini heads-up, the action should be going on right now. Stevenson vs. Caraballo one of the matches on the card tonight.

I bet you boxing and MMA fans will have plenty to enjoy this weekend. So enjoy the action to the max!

UFC Fight Night is tonight. Among the many matches coming up tomorrow's card is a women's bout between Jessica Eye and Cynthia Calvillo. I heard that two fighters tonight missed weight, including the aforementioned Jessica Eye. Preliminary matches tonight begin around 7:00 PM Eastern Time.

Enjoy UFC Fight Night tonight if you'll be watching!

Back