The more I play, the less impressed I get!

• Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 41 comments
England
Near Oxford, UK
RogsR35UK
RogsR34UK
The VIP thing was bad enough. I now find I don’t have the credits to buy the discounted cars when I level up. I am now on Tier 6. Another aggravation was that I completed all the events in the first (Seeker?) set and of course failed to get the Achievement.

As I want to collect cars with the minimum aggravation I have low Drivatar difficulty. I have tried Limit Aggression both ON and OFF and have still managed to get spun out my the AI (Artificial Incompetence) cars.

Wanting to get a decent amount of money to get the Aston Martin Vantage GT12 at 200,000 discount at the next level up, I wanted to do a 60 lap race of Daytona Oval with Mods, in the FE Camaro for a credit boost. I could only set it for 50 laps maximum (I wonder which Genius thought that would be adequate). Undeterred I set the race for 1 hour. Wrong... the previously slow AI cars were suddenly driving off into the distance... not helpful. I had to resort to setting the PI rating to that of the Camaro, Weight to exclude lighter cars, HP limited to a maximum identical to the Camaro and year the same as the Camaro and C Class. On checking I found all the other Camaros were set at C472 where mine was C474 (if memory serves me correctly, but they were 2 points down on my car). Started the race. With my low Drivatar setting previously I was lapping the other cars every 4 or so laps. In this timed race I caught up after about 35 minutes on the same setting! After getting spun out it took another 10 minutes to catch them up and another few minutes to safely pass them all.

It would have been nice to get a lap count when you do a Timed race but you just get the timer and the race ends when time runs out rather than at the end of a lap.

At least I had more than enough credits for the Aston Martin available at level up and almost enough for a McLaren M2B the next car. Not wishing to lose out on that car I went to the Dashboard and quit the game. On getting back in to find I still had the credits the Aston, and the McLaren available at the next level up. I think I did get the levels from the race but didn’t lose out on the car. I am more interested in the discounted cars than the levels so maybe taking more dashboard excursions to avoid missing out is on the cards (what a way to have it play a game).

It wouldn’t be so bad if the level up rewards were better. 20,000 when you get to Tier 6 is basically an insult and as you get 200,000 discount on the cars would it be sensible to at least increase the credit pay out option at the levels which is at the dizzy heights of 50,000 if you want to go that way.

Come back Forza 6 money etc, all is forgiven!!

I think the AI cars are much harder to deal with on lower settings. They tend to brake far to often and hard they will veer off track or into you and so on. They basically drive like they don;t know how to drive. I find that I have less issues with the harder levels. On the harder levels they drive faster, don't brake so hard when they don;t need to and they tend to spread out a bit more and offer a more enjoyable race though definitely more difficult to beat.

As for the cars when you do not have enough credits when that comes up there is an option to skip if you choose that then the car will be placed off to the side under a car cover. You can buy it later once you have the credits if you want and still get the discount. I have a one:1 setting there right now I skipped it about 3 levels ago because even with the discount it is still very expensive. I did this with two other cars the other night because I had spend all of my credits tuning. The next day I drove a few races then went and got both of the cars I skipped.

Forza 6 was far to easy to get credits in, Seemed I was always setting on millions of credits and could buy anything and everything anytime.

I think the AI cars are much harder to deal with on lower settings. They tend to brake far to often and hard they will veer off track or into you and so on. They basically drive like they don;t know how to drive. I find that I have less issues with the harder levels. On the harder levels they drive faster, don't brake so hard when they don;t need to and they tend to spread out a bit more and offer a more enjoyable race though definitely more difficult to beat.

As for the cars when you do not have enough credits when that comes up there is an option to skip if you choose that then the car will be placed off to the side under a car cover. You can buy it later once you have the credits if you want and still get the discount. I have a one:1 setting there right now I skipped it about 3 levels ago because even with the discount it is still very expensive. I did this with two other cars the other night because I had spend all of my credits tuning. The next day I drove a few races then went and got both of the cars I skipped.

Forza 6 was far to easy to get credits in, Seemed I was always setting on millions of credits and could buy anything and everything anytime.
I read another post you had yesterday about this, what do you mean by "going and getting the car you skipped"? Are you saying you wait for it to pop back up as a level reward, or does the discount apply to the Car in the Car collection/car dealership after you have had the chance to get it?

I was just curious, I've skipped over a few cars I didn't have money for at the time.

Come on Forza 6 threw way too much money at you. There was no rewards doing the career. I had millions after the first day and I got bored. I've raced over 1400 miles already in Forza and the best way to deal with the AI is the following : Set your career to long, don't go nuts on Turn 1 and they become a lot better to deal with. They are dumb as ****. They only want to go on their racing lines (remember GT anyone ?). If you know that, you can predict their behavior and avoid them.

I read another post you had yesterday about this, what do you mean by "going and getting the car you skipped"? Are you saying you wait for it to pop back up as a level reward, or does the discount apply to the Car in the Car collection/car dealership after you have had the chance to get it?

I was just curious, I've skipped over a few cars I didn't have money for at the time.
On the main screen there is a tab named progress.
On that tab in the top left corner is a place holder for any skipped rewards. You should see a covered car and a number to the bottom right of the covered car picture. The number indicates how many are there that you can retrieve. They go here when you skip them or when you go up in level while racing in an online lobby.

It is not just the car though it is the reward that was skipped so you can still choose the car, the credits or the gear just like you could have when it was first displayed.

I had the McLaren M8 as the next car and somehow got back to the Menu without getting anything, so it is still there for next time. I need a long race to get enough money from the next race to buy it.

I have quit the game after the Level up bit appears, before the bonus of collecting money or buying a discounted car.

I had the McLaren M8 as the next car and somehow got back to the Menu without getting anything, so it is still there for next time. I need a long race to get enough money from the next race to buy it.

I have quit the game after the Level up bit appears, before the bonus of collecting money or buying a discounted car.

I don't know how it would handle that, I guess you would have to just go into the game and see what happens, take a look at the progress tab and see if there is anything there waiting on you.

I don't know how it would handle that, I guess you would have to just go into the game and see what happens, take a look at the progress tab and see if there is anything there waiting on you.
I don't see anything in my progress tab, I just turned on the game though, I'll be able to tell in a bit if it just saves the rewards just from your current session.

I don't see anything in my progress tab, I just turned on the game though, I'll be able to tell in a bit if it just saves the rewards just from your current session.

It should save across sessions. I skipped the One:1 last night before I shut down and then picked it up today with no problem. I have did this with 3 cars so far and still have one waiting. I was mistaken about the location of the number though the number appears on the lower left of the area where the cover car image is at. I have also had 2 go in there while I was racing online and was able to get them later.

I've got a Ferrari 250 TR there waiting on me now.

Note I am playing on the PC. I have not paid attention to it on the Xbox yet

It should save across sessions. I skipped the One:1 last night before I shut down and then picked it up today with no problem. I have did this with 3 cars so far and still have one waiting. I was mistaken about the location of the number though the number appears on the lower left of the area where the cover car image is at. I have also had 2 go in there while I was racing online and was able to get them later.

I've got a Ferrari 250 TR there waiting on me now.

Note I am playing on the PC. I have not paid attention to it on the Xbox yet
It must be a PC thing, if I go to progress on the main menu, it just shows what level I am, and the next rewards for leveling up.

On the progress menu page is rewards, options, marketplace, my stats, my drivatar and achievements. Maybe you are looking in the wrong place. go to the right on the menu screens as far as it will go and you should see the progress menu page where the car would be.

I did not pay a lot of attention when I was on the XB1 earlier but the screens looked the same to me

On the progress menu page is rewards, options, marketplace, my stats, my drivatar and achievements. Maybe you are looking in the wrong place. go to the right on the menu screens as far as it will go and you should see the progress menu page where the car would be.

I did not pay a lot of attention when I was on the XB1 earlier but the screens looked the same to me
I just checked again, I went all the way to the right on the menu. It's the progress screen, and it has all the options you just listed. I went in each one of them, and don't see anyplace where I can collect missed rewards? I see the Car with the cover over it, that's the rewards menu, if I click on that it just shows my upcoming level up rewards. Maybe check on your Xbox at a later date, I don't see that option anywhere on mine.

I just checked again, I went all the way to the right on the menu. It's the progress screen, and it has all the options you just listed. I went in each one of them, and don't see anyplace where I can collect missed rewards? I see the Car with the cover over it, that's the rewards menu, if I click on that it just shows my upcoming level up rewards. Maybe check on your Xbox at a later date, I don't see that option anywhere on mine.
I just logged into the XB1. It looks the same as the PC. Top left of that menu page is the rewards bit there is a 1 in the lower left of that image indicating that I have 1 reward stored. If I select that block and press A it pops up the reward screen like you get when you level up showing me the 250 TR with the 400k discount, 50k credits and the driver gear.

Sounds like nothing is stored in that section on yours. I have not actually played the game at all on the XB1 I only logged into it a few times to compare a few things and transfer some stuff from Forza 6

I think if there is nothing stored there it just shows you your current progress toward the next reward and what that reward is but I can't be sure as I do not have the 950k credits to pull out the TR right now

I just logged into the XB1. It looks the same as the PC. Top left of that menu page is the rewards bit there is a 1 in the lower left of that image indicating that I have 1 reward stored. If I select that block and press A it pops up the reward screen like you get when you level up showing me the 250 TR with the 400k discount, 50k credits and the driver gear.

Sounds like nothing is stored in that section on yours. I have not actually played the game at all on the XB1 I only logged into it a few times to compare a few things and transfer some stuff from Forza 6

I think if there is nothing stored there it just shows you your current progress toward the next reward and what that reward is but I can't be sure as I do not have the 950k credits to pull out the TR right now
Ahhh... you know what? I just now noticed the skip option on the level up rewards page. I guess I probably have to skip that for it to store!!! :lol:

I'll remember that from now on though, I was always just taking the credits if I couldn't afford the car.

I have over 140 cars, GOOD CARS, now with over 4million credits, courtesy of the airfield and the Ram truck, you should do it, I'm currently tier 20. The way the game is set up, you will be racing forever with little to show for it in my opinion.

I have over 140 cars, GOOD CARS, now with over 4million credits, courtesy of the airfield and the Ram truck, you should do it, I'm currently tier 20. The way the game is set up, you will be racing forever with little to show for it in my opinion.

I have not been using the ram truck at all, have over 140 cars, lots of good cars in there and a couple million credits. I think I am at tier 19 or 20 and have been having a blast driving those cars rather than wasting my time watching the loading screens between 30 second races and risking having to start over from nothing.

I have not been using the ram truck at all, have over 140 cars, lots of good cars in there and a couple million credits. I think I am at tier 19 or 20 and have been having a blast driving those cars rather than wasting my time watching the loading screens between 30 second races and risking having to start over from nothing.

So much this. I don’t understand the concept of grind in a video game. I thought we are supposed to have fun racing, and learning to tame these beasts. I am using mods every race, and on longer settings, I am getting a new car almost after every race and plenty of cash. Unbeatable ai with limit aggression OFF (they seemed to get it backwards) and I am finishing everything between first and fifteenth position. And having terrible amount of fun doing it :)

Something people never mention that I see, is that drivatars are based on people.
If you ram the AI, your drivatar will ram people.

Also, slower drivers are worse drivers, no matter how loudly they yell otherwise. Car control is car control, and most drivatars at lower levels don't have it, because the associated player doesn't.

The more I play the more impressed I get. Not the greatest first impressions and the glitches have been annoying, but it's getting better as I play. Extending the race length and upping the driver difficulty to Expert (I tried Pro and Unbeatable and just couldn't place well) really made things more enjoyable and the payouts worthwhile. I have faith that Turn 10 will fix things and it will end up being as polished as (I felt) Forza 6 was.

Something people never mention that I see, is that drivatars are based on people.

Also, slower drivers are worse drivers, no matter how loudly they yell otherwise. Car control is car control, and most drivatars at lower levels don't have it, because the associated player doesn't.

They say drivatars are based on people but they definitely are not based on the person whos' tag is over the car. I have saw friends names over cars on the easy setting and the hard setting, same friend and they drive completely different at different levels and never drive like those friends actually drive, not even remotely close. I think they just randomly stick gamer tags on the cars. I have definitely saw a friends name over a car that was running away from the pack but the friend in question would be near the back IRL and I have saw friends at the back who IRL would have won or placed 2nd every time.

As for drivatars ramming people they will all do that, Forza AI has always done that. if you get in their way they hit you. It definitely seems better though if it set limit aggression to off rather than on.

They say drivatars are based on people but they definitely are not based on the person whos' tag is over the car. I have saw friends names over cars on the easy setting and the hard setting, same friend and they drive completely different at different levels and never drive like those friends actually drive, not even remotely close. I think they just randomly stick gamer tags on the cars. I have definitely saw a friends name over a car that was running away from the pack but the friend in question would be near the back IRL and I have saw friends at the back who IRL would have won or placed 2nd every time.

As for drivatars ramming people they will all do that, Forza AI has always done that. if you get in their way they hit you. It definitely seems better though if it set limit aggression to off rather than on.
True, only thing I would ask is what game doesn't have AI that either rams you, or dives out of the way?
(Please don't say GT, NFS, or AC)

I get really pissed at AI, quite often, Im no stranger to that frustration, but I haven't found a game that has "better" AI than Forza.

AC's is pretty decent, if everything works out right, but they're also monotonous drones, and can be idiots just as easily.
GT's is probably the worst, with unwreckable, immovable block cars that ram you and dive out of the way, also the slowest.
Pcars is a PC only game as far as I care, everything they make for consoles seems broken or bent, so I can't experience their AI, so...

I don't "like" Forza drivatars, but they're as good or better than any other games I can play on Xbox or PS4.

True, only thing I would ask is what game doesn't have AI that either rams you, or dives out of the way?
(Please don't say GT, NFS, or AC)
Can't say I have saw a really good AI yet though I thought the AI of GT5 Prologue was fairly decent. Seems like the AI was decent of NFS Porsche Unleashed but it has been so long now since I played that it is hard to remember clearly.

Can't say I have saw a really good AI yet though I thought the AI of GT5 Prologue was fairly decent. Seems like the AI was decent of NFS Porsche Unleashed but it has been so long now since I played that it is hard to remember clearly.
Every NFS game I can recall was pretty similar to drivatars, with the exception being that in FM7, should you make contact, the AI actually moves to.

I can pit-manuever the AI, something never possible in GT or NFS. (The only thing more agitating than being crashed by AI, is having their car continue driving like nothing happened, while you get the full impact)

Yep. A couple people here said give the AI some time since they’re supposed to learn based on other players. FM6 at the beginning had some dummies, but it eventually settled itself. Not perfect at all, but enough to make a decent race with. I think the same is possible with FM7, if not, T10 can always tweak it.

For me, Unbeatable feels too easy on some tracks and others like Catalunya, I can’t make up much ground on the top 3-4 cars beyond barely a second lap; it’s a real challenge that can take a lap or two to limit the distance to them and get around them cleanly. But after you get around one, now you’ve got 2-3 left and an equal amount of laps to make up. I kind of like it because it feels like a real, challenging race but as mentioned, it varies. On Spa, I got away after 6 laps and was able to make some headway for the final 4.

So I usually set on the level just below and approach the race with patience in the beginning. By lap 6-7, I’ll typically be in a do-or-die position with the last 2 car’s ahead of me.

Yep. A couple people here said give the AI some time since they’re supposed to learn based on other players. FM6 at the beginning had some dummies, but it eventually settled itself. Not perfect at all, but enough to make a decent race with. I think the same is possible with FM7, if not, T10 can always tweak it.

For me, Unbeatable feels too easy on some tracks and others like Catalunya, I can’t make up much ground on the top 3-4 cars beyond barely a second lap; it’s a real challenge that can take a lap or two to limit the distance to them and get around them cleanly. But after you get around one, now you’ve got 2-3 left and an equal amount of laps to make up. I kind of like it because it feels like a real, challenging race but as mentioned, it varies. On Spa, I got away after 6 laps and was able to make some headway for the final 4.

So I usually set on the level just below and approach the race with patience in the beginning. By lap 6-7, I’ll typically be in a do-or-die position with the last 2 car’s ahead of me.
Exactly that.
Some tracks and cars I use, I have to lower the difficulty, on others, I can walk all over "unbeatable".

With the idea of drivatars, it's only natural it would take more than a day or two to work at 100%.

Also, other games typically have the same "fast here, but slow there" AI as well. Even from one turn to the next.

I can pit-manuever the AI, something never possible in GT or NFS. (The only thing more agitating than being crashed by AI, is having their car continue driving like nothing happened, while you get the full impact)

In NFS Porsche Unleashed you could big time. IMO that was hands down the best NFS ever, shame they moved away from that type of game. All career races were full damage, races cost credits to enter and you had to pay to fix your car after a race. The AI was fairly careful but could get aggressive, You could if done right come into a corner on the inside of an AI car and just gently touch the rear quarter and they would be in a world of hurt quite often and of course they could do the same to you :) It truly was a great game, cars felt very true to life on it for a game of its time. I've heard that the console versions were not as good but the PC version was awesome, you could even do 8 player multiplayer over the lan or two player over a phone line. Was the first game I had that was capable of multiplayer like that.

In NFS Porsche Unleashed you could big time. IMO that was hands down the best NFS ever, shame they moved away from that type of game. All career races were full damage, races cost credits to enter and you had to pay to fix your car after a race. The AI was fairly careful but could get aggressive, You could if done right come into a corner on the inside of an AI car and just gently touch the rear quarter and they would be in a world of hurt quite often and of course they could do the same to you :) It truly was a great game, cars felt very true to life on it for a game of its time. I've heard that the console versions were not as good but the PC version was awesome, you could even do 8 player multiplayer over the lan or two player over a phone line. Was the first game I had that was capable of multiplayer like that.
I played it, along with most NFS games made.
High stakes also had these features, for the time, they truly were great games.
I can't help but think nostalgia makes it seem a little better than it is compared to modern games though.
(Not modern NFS, they're awful)

Well, I am now warming to the game. Money seems a lot less of a problem. A 15 minute race on Daytona Oval against Unbeatable Opponents in the Nissan GT-R Black FE (with suitably adjusted restrictions) nets me 87,500 credits and around 20,000 XP. Only problem is avoiding the other cars when lapping them some 8 minutes or so into the race.

I now have over 120 cars and around 1.7 million in the kitty!

Only minor downside is that Tier ups on the car collection don’t always result in an increase in discount on the level up cars. Also it would be nice to have a credit prize on level up more commensurate with the discount.

Well, I am now warming to the game. Money seems a lot less of a problem. A 15 minute race on Daytona Oval against Unbeatable Opponents in the Nissan GT-R Black FE (with suitably adjusted restrictions) nets me 87,500 credits and around 20,000 XP. Only problem is avoiding the other cars when lapping them some 8 minutes or so into the race.

I now have over 120 cars and around 1.7 million in the kitty!

Only minor downside is that Tier ups on the car collection don’t always result in an increase in discount on the level up cars. Also it would be nice to have a credit prize on level up more commensurate with the discount.
I knew you would come around. They all do eventually.... :P

..... Only problem is avoiding the other cars when lapping them some 8 minutes or so into the race.
I generally just set collisions to off so that is not a problem, of course that does prevent you from using passing mods but ...

Back