The more I play, the less impressed I get!

• Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 41 comments
For some reason I don’t see any Good Pass, Good Corner or Good Draft messages on the oval, so those sort of Mods don’t help. When (if?) we get that credit bonus with VIP then the 15 minutes ought to produce another 35,000!

Managed the requisite Good Drifts with the BMW M3 FE (prize from the third single player championship) for bonus credits when I used it for one series.

Patiently awaiting the next car discount increase (currently on Tier 15 I think). Now up to Level 70.

Well, I am now warming to the game.
Same. I went from being mildy enthusiastic (pre-demo) to 'meh' (post-demo, pre-launch) to 'this is alright' (post launch) to 'this is pretty good' (after a few days of playing). 👍 There's a lot more depth to it than I thought. :)

For some reason I don’t see any Good Pass, Good Corner or Good Draft messages on the oval, so those sort of Mods don’t help. When (if?) we get that credit bonus with VIP then the 15 minutes ought to produce another 35,000!

Managed the requisite Good Drifts with the BMW M3 FE (prize from the third single player championship) for bonus credits when I used it for one series.

Patiently awaiting the next car discount increase (currently on Tier 15 I think). Now up to Level 70.

Good corners are something that almost never happen on Daytona if you are going for a fast lap as the game wants you to drive the high line in the corner. I'm not sure I have ever saw good corner appear on Daytona. Indy seems broken. On FM6 I would get lots of perfect and good corners on that track sometimes all four corners would pop up as perfect but on 7 I have 7 on Indy in 13 races. Homestead shows perfect correctly but the line the game considers perfect is not the line I drive most of the time. I do see perfect fairly often there when I am in a car that does not grip as well though.
Driving the open wheel legends cars there I was getting a lot of good and perfect corners where in the Indy car I did not get any due to my running a tighter faster line in the grippier car.

I have saw perfect draft once on screen but my stats show 0

I don't know it's always two steps forward one step back with forza...
I'm sick of having to "collect" the same cars evey time this game comes out...They need to change stuff up and move in other directions...Save the fancy sport cars and Honda hatch backs for Horizon and make forza a creative sport racing title where you can do things like create your own series, tracks, AI opponents and point systems...Same cars same tracks same stupid little career mode...I'm trading 7 in and keeping 6...

I don't know it's always two steps forward one step back with forza...
I'm sick of having to "collect" the same cars evey time this game comes out...They need to change stuff up and move in other directions...Save the fancy sport cars and Honda hatch backs for Horizon and make forza a creative sport racing title where you can do things like create your own series, tracks, AI opponents and point systems...Same cars same tracks same stupid little career mode...I'm trading 7 in and keeping 6...

Well if you want something different than Forza maybe you should try something other than Forza ;) GT6 lets you create your own tracks. Project Cars career mode is a lot different than Forza, has more and different tracks and has nothing to do with car collecting so maybe that is more your thing.

I like this edition of Forza bugs and all and I like driving and collecting all the cars including the fancy sports cars, the Hondas, even the odd balls that I may never bother to drive. I would be happy if and when they add even more.

Something people never mention that I see, is that drivatars are based on people.
If you ram the AI, your drivatar will ram people.

Also, slower drivers are worse drivers, no matter how loudly they yell otherwise. Car control is car control, and most drivatars at lower levels don't have it, because the associated player doesn't.

I skimmed over some replies following this but wanted to jump in with a reply.

There's always been confusion and misunderstanding surrounding Drivatars. They aren't lumped together according to a player's skill level. The worst player in the world can still have their Drivatar showing up on Unbeatable difficulty, just as competitive as any other. My wife is terrible and struggled to get fourth place on the easiest difficulty with assists on, but her Drivatar can show up on any difficulty level. Her behavior is supposed to be represented by her Drivatar, but not her pace. The crashingest player can still show up on Unbeatable, and the fastest and cleanest players can appear on the lowest difficulty.

This is easy to test. Create a new Live profile and add one friend. Add me or whoever, but just add one that you know plays this. Go into a race on the lowest Drivatar difficulty and you will see me (or them). Now do another on Average. Still there. Crank it up to Unbeatable. Still there, too.

I skimmed over some replies following this but wanted to jump in with a reply.

There's always been confusion and misunderstanding surrounding Drivatars. They aren't lumped together according to a player's skill level. The worst player in the world can still have their Drivatar showing up on Unbeatable difficulty, just as competitive as any other. My wife is terrible and struggled to get fourth place on the easiest difficulty with assists on, but her Drivatar can show up on any difficulty level. Her behavior is supposed to be represented by her Drivatar, but not her pace. The crashingest player can still show up on Unbeatable, and the fastest and cleanest players can appear on the lowest difficulty.

This is easy to test. Create a new Live profile and add one friend. Add me or whoever, but just add one that you know plays this. Go into a race on the lowest Drivatar difficulty and you will see me (or them). Now do another on Average. Still there. Crank it up to Unbeatable. Still there, too.
I know, we already covered that.

Friends that don't even play FM 7, or any Forza titles at all show up as drivatars in my races.

I'm getting no drafting at all, let alone get a score for one. Is drafting disabled for some reason? I've done plenty of career races where I was behind AI cars for almost the entire straight, well under 100 meters behind and flooring it at 250+ kph. Even at 30 meters distance there are no drafting effects whatsoever.

I'm getting no drafting at all, let alone get a score for one. Is drafting disabled for some reason? I've done plenty of career races where I was behind AI cars for almost the entire straight, well under 100 meters behind and flooring it at 250+ kph. Even at 30 meters distance there are no drafting effects whatsoever.
I managed one perfect draft, in a NASCAR race, I was like 5 feet from the car in front, and subsequently rear ended them. Drafting does work in the game, just different then I would expect, and it doesn't tell us we are almost at all. But I do know even back like 20 meters or so my speed did pickup compared to clean air driving.

In the past I used to get excited about Forza Motorsport. I've been playing Forza since FM2 and always pre-ordered with the exception of FM5. FM7 looks great but this will be the last FM series game I purchase.

I get drafting but no message. I got the Nissan GT-R FE to hit the Rev Limiter on Daytona on a few occasions.

Running the 919 on Lemans I saw perfect draft several times and on at least one occasion I had the speed increase by about 5 mph over what I could have gotten otherwise. My stats now show 13 perfect drafts so either it was fixed or .... I do know I saw perfect draft in other races at least once or twice but stats showed 0

Back