The most creative tactics you have used online.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 42 comments
In NASCAR racing in the last few laps if there are only a couple of us and I am the leader of the pack and there happens to be a slow guy on the track ahead of us (a newbie, or someone recovering from a collision and they aren't off to the side, etc), I will line up with the slow car I'm approaching, like I'm drafting them, and pull out around them at the last second: on the rare occasion the guy behind me will run right into that car because they were staring at my ass. ;) This also works in other high speed race types on the rare occasion.

Also, when I am in the front of the pack in a race and heading for a corner and I know that there are many following close behind (e.g. turn 1), I will get as close to the corner as possible and past it before braking, using the corner like a shield against getting rammed by a car pile up.

Last edited:
"If I find someone bumped me on purpose, I just take them out of every single race until they get out of the room.
I usually stop to wait for them to recover from spinning and go after them again and again. I may never finish races but they wont too "

This... is sad.
When someone hits you on purpose, be the bigger man.
If you hit him back (repeatedly), you are no better than he is.
The best thing to do is just suddenly break
or do something unexpected the next time he pulls up to you and tries to hit you.
Depending on the situation ofcourse.
The results are great.
They'll smash the wall with enormous speed!

Someone was gaining on me quite quickly in a slightly faster car so I responded by pushing harder.

But then I went into a corner too fast. It was Ok though because I just used some grass as a runoff area.

The guy behind followed me but he spun out instead. I went on to take the win in the end.

In a free run lobby on the TGTT some weirdo started flowing me around in his FGT... So I put the pedal to the metal in my Cappuccino RM and slid around every corner, swerved everywhere and tried to completely blind him. Eventually he gave up!

Something that usually works is drafting and pretending to overtake, but slowing down right when you're next to the person, and then trailing their rear again. Lets them know you can overtake them at any time, with ease. Usually, the results are mistakes like overshooting braking points and such.

It really only works when your car can actually accelerate more than the other when drafting.

It's always the same tactic for me. Feinting, at least when I can hack a good one, just to keep my opponents on their toes. Another one is simply driving as close as possible: I'm so surprised at how many people, myself included, start forgetting their braking points and things when someone crawls right up behind them or is so close in front of them that they could stick their tongue out and touch the rear wing of their opponent.

I usually try to be clean, but I like to brake check "road hogs" in free run lobbies. You know, the guy who could easily go around you but decides to bump and honk instead...

Negrumir
Driving a Gold car, make sure it's pretty ugly and stupid but powerful. (Honda Odyssey) Then laugh as people miss corners and such trying to see what you're driving. lol

Gold Fiat 500's with spoilers and carbon fiber normally do the trick...

I sometimes break right in front of someone on the straights when penaltys are on so the get the collision penalty no me, sorry... just do it when the room is full of rammers anyway.

Me too, except I use the handbrake because you can't really tell if one is using it.

Most of time i use not cars that reach HP limit but which are light and fast around corners...

It is not very creative but usually i try to fill out his mirror as much as possible with my front and stay there until he loses his nerves and spins out or going to fast in the corner.. works pretty well.. :D

Dont do it if you cant brake fast enough or you will crash him, which isnt the point ;)
He just have to be afraid, that it will happen, which will lure him into faults..

Airrider
It's always the same tactic for me. Feinting, at least when I can hack a good one, just to keep my opponents on their toes. Another one is simply driving as close as possible: I'm so surprised at how many people, myself included, start forgetting their braking points and things when someone crawls right up behind them or is so close in front of them that they could stick their tongue out and touch the rear wing of their opponent.

Hehehe. I used to have problems with guys like this... I changed my DFPs layout to include the RA menu and forgot to assign the rearview and change view options. Cruising in hood/bumper cam was at first annoying. But I couldn't be stuffed changing it back and after racing online, I realized it was nearly impossible to tell how close an opponent was. From then on I have just gone flat out all the time without having the distraction of a bumper hugger annoying me :)

If anyone ever races me you will notice this different style as it is pretty obvious. No blocking, fast times, good lines and no pressure endued crashes... I suggest y'al give it a go if these guys P you off :)

Back