The Motorsports Memes thread! (No swearing, death or complaining)

• Thread starter TheLuigi755
  • 547 comments
I made these ones a while ago, Le Mans 2011 I believe, when Romain Dumas crashed and "fixed" his car in a delightfully unorthodox way:

h67B974F6

h9842065A

I think I might have that (a slightly modified version) on a shirt.

your correct they dont enter the turn at 180... but they usually are pretty much full throttle accelerating through it, exit speeds for the prototypes are close to 190 wich means they've had their hands full accelerating through it, wich frankly is more difficult than simply maintaining speed as wheelspin still plays a factor at those speeds when its wet...\

your correct they dont enter the turn at 180... but they usually are pretty much full throttle accelerating through it, exit speeds for the prototypes are close to 190 wich means they've had their hands full accelerating through it, wich frankly is more difficult than simply maintaining speed as wheelspin still plays a factor at those speeds when its wet...\

Again, those cars run the entire oval on the the throttle so they have a higher entry speed then prototypes just coming out of the bus stop chicane.

so your trying to tell me its more difficult to simply stand on the throttle and hammer the turn at speed than it is to grab 2 (or 3) gear changes and exit at roughly the same speed? (80 or more Mph faster than you entered it)

so your trying to tell me its more difficult to simply stand on the throttle and hammer the turn at speed than it is to grab 2 (or 3) gear changes and exit at roughly the same speed? (80 or more Mph faster than you entered it)

That's the difference in the rain: Those prototypes are building speed into that turn and are lighter and have more downforce. The cup cars don't have anywhere near the downforce and are entering that corner at full speed (mostly two-wide at a time) and with no air to stabilize them as they do in the dry, they aren't going to have the grip. Even the Indycars which have far more downforce, twice the speed and grippier tires then the cup cars can't race ovals in the rain.

there is no arguement against your point on the indycars, I don't think the rain tires would be capable of holding indycar speeds without coming apart...
and sure, nascar is 2 wide 90% of the time, I'll grant that.
but nascar doesnt have to make lane changes to avoid slower GT cars, while trying to make the gear changes...

actually the GT cars themselves are a great example too, granted they only run around 160mph exit speeds they still have gear shifting to do, and realistically produce close to the same actual downforce as a cupcar.

as for the "no air to stabilize them" where are you getting that? rain does not make the air go away... if anything it would be denser air creating more stabilization....

***and I've noticed we've started dragging this out so how about for the sake of the thread we just peacefully agree to disagree...

as for the "no air to stabilize them" where are you getting that? rain does not make the air go away... if anything it would be denser air creating more stabilization....

That's the wrong term I used. I meant aero sensitive is more what I meant to say.

and I've noticed we've started dragging this out so how about for the sake of the thread we just peacefully agree to disagree...

I'd agree to that 👍

Back