The Motorsports Memes thread! (No swearing, death or complaining)

• Thread starter TheLuigi755
  • 547 comments
Preview

Just a reason to make a Justin Wilson meme.

I made this for fun a year ago, don't know where to post it;

poster_zpsf71175e9.png~original

adrianocchio2_zps9b65ce99.jpg~original
adrianocchio_zps09a5d0ad.png~original

Adrian Sutil as Pinocchio, a wooden puppet carved by Geppetto and turned into a living puppet by the Blue Fairy.

lauda2_zpsd75a5b09.jpg~original
lauda1_zpse71e8dcf.jpg~original

Niki Lauda as Jiminy Cricket, a cheerful and wise cricket who acts as Pinocchio's conscience and the partial narrator of the story.

gideon2_zpsf561f7ff.png~original
fitti_zpsc31b4bd8.jpg~original

Emerson Fittipaldi as Gideon, Honest John's mute and crafty anthropomorphic feline accomplice.

romainfox2_zps093c3cdb.jpg~original
romainfox_zps6053b4c5.png~original

Romain Grosjean as John Worthington Foulfellow, also known as Honest John, a sly anthropomorphic red fox and known criminal who tricks Pinocchio twice in the film.

lampwick2_zps79865390.png~original
lampwick3_zpsc4e95af3.png~original

Lewis Hamilton as Lampwick, a naughty boy that Pinocchio befriends on his way to Pleasure Island. Lampwick is later turned into a donkey on Pleasure Island.

natbluefairy1_zps76e9618e.jpg~original
natbluefairy2_zpsae8237f3.jpg~original

Natalie Pinkham as The Blue Fairy, who brings Pinocchio to life and turns him into a real boy at the end.

brawncoachman2_zps701f42c1.png~original
brawncoachman_zps342e1967.jpg~original

Ross Brawn as the devious and sadistic Coachman, owner and operator of Pleasure Island, who enjoys turning unruly boys into donkeys.

vijaystromboli2_zps622487c2.png~original
vijaystromboli_zpse9507723.jpg~original

Vijay Mallya as Stromboli, a large, sinister, Italian bearded puppet-maker who forces Pinocchio to perform onstage in order to make money.

geppetto_zpsf6def09c.jpg~original
bernie_zps55d180ef.jpg~original

Bernie Ecclestone as Mister Geppetto, a kind and elderly woodcarver who creates Pinocchio and wishes for him to become a real boy.

monstro_zps119b0e65.jpg~original
monstro2_zpscf89277c.png~original

FW26 as Monstro, the sperm whale that swallows Geppetto, Figaro, and Cleo during their search for Pinocchio. Pinocchio is later swallowed when Monstro is eating, and he and Geppetto reunite.

Rush director Ron Howard says the biggest challenge of creating his film about the 1976 F1 season was getting the look of the car right. For his new F1 story he had an even bigger challenge, he searched long and hard in the paddock for the most suitable driver to portray the character of Pinocchio.
Speaking to formula1.com and selected media, Howard said casting the characters was a "huge challenge" which "threatened our budget" in the early stages of making the film.
Eventually the film's investors provided funds for them to conduct some exploratory filming at a historic Disney museum. This was a "huge break", according to Howard.
"We were just picking out some story writers and animators that were appropriate to our adaptation," he said. "And we did well, we learned a hell of a lot."
"This movie has been created using a combination of both animation and real life acting. It will be up to the viewer to find the differencies.

"I got the idea for this project after watching my movie Rush at the premiere in L.A. with my now good friend Niki Lauda. Niki mentioned it would be wonderful to see a sequel made, and I jumped at the idea. I wanted to stay within the world of Formula One but also do something completely fresh. "

"More importantly we were able to meet the owners of the original Pinocchio script. When I heard about these people who owned the historic Pinocchio script I thought they were just hobbyists and these were sort of like Disney freaks where they would take the old movie scripts out, start reading them, read the pages a few times and maybe take some pictures.
And they were willing to be a part of our movie once they believed it was going to be approached in an authentic, serious way."
As those who've seen Rush will know, the dedication to authenticity extended as far as getting the race-to-race detail changes to the cars right. For example, Hunt's M23 begins the season with a tall, red airbox which is later swapped for the distinctive L-shaped configuration.
It was just as important to get the Pinocchio film's historical elements correct as some original video has been incorporated into the film.

"People also knew that the wardrobe would have to cut with the wardrobe we were seeing in the archival footage."
"That was useful because it gave everybody a guide but it certainly raised the bar and had to raise everybody's standards."

The accuracy of Adrian Sutil's portrayal of Pinocchio has been hailed by many reviewers. But those behind the film originally wanted someone else to play the role.

"The German investors were a little reluctant about Adrian," said Howard. "They honestly wished we would get an American movie star to play Pinocchio and just do a bad Italian accent."
"But that's not what our scriptwriter wanted nor what I wanted and we knew Adrian's an artist who would take on the daunting task of recreating somebody who's still so well-known, still so iconic."

But while the film makers were quick to settle on Sutil for the role of Pinocchio, it took longer to cast Lewis Hamilton's Lampwick:
"The Lampwick casting threatened to derail the movie," Howard recalled.
"Looking at the list, seeing who's available, thinking about it, there was sort of no one who was fitting the mould as well as Adrian did for Pinocchio. And my heart began to sink, I began to feel like we really shouldn't go ahead with this, it'd be compromised, as excited as I am about the project."

Hamilton had come to prominence for his WDC in 2008. But Howard had doubts over whether the Brit could play a donkey realistically.
"I'd met Lewis and liked him, liked him a lot in McLaren," said Howard, "but no way of knowing whether he could be Lampwick material."
"Ron Dennis said he really had a lot to offer as an actor."
"And one day Lewis just sent in a self-made audition tape. And he took some of the script and just did a few group speeches and it was so cool and such a confidence-builder. He had the body language, the beginnings of the sound, the attitude. He was transforming himself as a good actor does."
That sealed Hamilton's casting in the role. "Then it was done," said Howard. "We knew we had a movie."

Howard was new to the old Disney classics when he began researching Pinocchio. But after a visit to Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, he quickly decided it was a compelling subject for a film – "smart, intelligent, thinking person's entertainment."
Howard felt the story of Pinocchio and Lampwick's rivalry gave the movie the right ingredients for an exciting production.

"The combination of a bona fide, big-screen experience that hopefully transports the audience and these rich, fascinating, entertaining characters was, I thought, a great combination and a chance to do something remarkably fresh."
"That's a hard thing to be able to say about a lot of movies that are getting the green light today."
But as with the casting of Sutil there were some who disagreed with the film's direction.

"I did have friends in Los Angeles who read the script and said "who are we rooting for?" Howard admitted. "This is the sort of traditional script note that you get."
But it was an angle the film makers were keen to avoid: "That's one of the unconventional aspects of this. I think people are pleasantly surprised by the move because they expect a more conventional kind of Disney movie to roll out."
"These aren't conventional characters and the good news was it kind of forced myself to take a narrative that doesn't unfold the way you would write it in a movie script and make it work."
"I don't think it's fair to take sides, I don't think there was a good guy or a bad guy there. I felt like it was a rival story and a dual survival story.

"I think the big narrative question was, is whatever was fuelling these guys to go to Pleasure Island in the first place? That's the tension, that's the drama. That's Pinocchio."

I made this for fun a year ago, don't know where to post it;

poster_zpsf71175e9.png~original

adrianocchio2_zps9b65ce99.jpg~original
adrianocchio_zps09a5d0ad.png~original

Adrian Sutil as Pinocchio, a wooden puppet carved by Geppetto and turned into a living puppet by the Blue Fairy.

lauda2_zpsd75a5b09.jpg~original
lauda1_zpse71e8dcf.jpg~original

Niki Lauda as Jiminy Cricket, a cheerful and wise cricket who acts as Pinocchio's conscience and the partial narrator of the story.

gideon2_zpsf561f7ff.png~original
fitti_zpsc31b4bd8.jpg~original

Emerson Fittipaldi as Gideon, Honest John's mute and crafty anthropomorphic feline accomplice.

romainfox2_zps093c3cdb.jpg~original
romainfox_zps6053b4c5.png~original

Romain Grosjean as John Worthington Foulfellow, also known as Honest John, a sly anthropomorphic red fox and known criminal who tricks Pinocchio twice in the film.

lampwick2_zps79865390.png~original
lampwick3_zpsc4e95af3.png~original

Lewis Hamilton as Lampwick, a naughty boy that Pinocchio befriends on his way to Pleasure Island. Lampwick is later turned into a donkey on Pleasure Island.

natbluefairy1_zps76e9618e.jpg~original
natbluefairy2_zpsae8237f3.jpg~original

Natalie Pinkham as The Blue Fairy, who brings Pinocchio to life and turns him into a real boy at the end.

brawncoachman2_zps701f42c1.png~original
brawncoachman_zps342e1967.jpg~original

Ross Brawn as the devious and sadistic Coachman, owner and operator of Pleasure Island, who enjoys turning unruly boys into donkeys.

vijaystromboli2_zps622487c2.png~original
vijaystromboli_zpse9507723.jpg~original

Vijay Mallya as Stromboli, a large, sinister, Italian bearded puppet-maker who forces Pinocchio to perform onstage in order to make money.

geppetto_zpsf6def09c.jpg~original
bernie_zps55d180ef.jpg~original

Bernie Ecclestone as Mister Geppetto, a kind and elderly woodcarver who creates Pinocchio and wishes for him to become a real boy.

monstro_zps119b0e65.jpg~original
monstro2_zpscf89277c.png~original

FW26 as Monstro, the sperm whale that swallows Geppetto, Figaro, and Cleo during their search for Pinocchio. Pinocchio is later swallowed when Monstro is eating, and he and Geppetto reunite.

Rush director Ron Howard says the biggest challenge of creating his film about the 1976 F1 season was getting the look of the car right. For his new F1 story he had an even bigger challenge, he searched long and hard in the paddock for the most suitable driver to portray the character of Pinocchio.
Speaking to formula1.com and selected media, Howard said casting the characters was a "huge challenge" which "threatened our budget" in the early stages of making the film.
Eventually the film's investors provided funds for them to conduct some exploratory filming at a historic Disney museum. This was a "huge break", according to Howard.
"We were just picking out some story writers and animators that were appropriate to our adaptation," he said. "And we did well, we learned a hell of a lot."
"This movie has been created using a combination of both animation and real life acting. It will be up to the viewer to find the differencies.

"I got the idea for this project after watching my movie Rush at the premiere in L.A. with my now good friend Niki Lauda. Niki mentioned it would be wonderful to see a sequel made, and I jumped at the idea. I wanted to stay within the world of Formula One but also do something completely fresh. "

"More importantly we were able to meet the owners of the original Pinocchio script. When I heard about these people who owned the historic Pinocchio script I thought they were just hobbyists and these were sort of like Disney freaks where they would take the old movie scripts out, start reading them, read the pages a few times and maybe take some pictures.
And they were willing to be a part of our movie once they believed it was going to be approached in an authentic, serious way."
As those who've seen Rush will know, the dedication to authenticity extended as far as getting the race-to-race detail changes to the cars right. For example, Hunt's M23 begins the season with a tall, red airbox which is later swapped for the distinctive L-shaped configuration.
It was just as important to get the Pinocchio film's historical elements correct as some original video has been incorporated into the film.

"People also knew that the wardrobe would have to cut with the wardrobe we were seeing in the archival footage."
"That was useful because it gave everybody a guide but it certainly raised the bar and had to raise everybody's standards."

The accuracy of Adrian Sutil's portrayal of Pinocchio has been hailed by many reviewers. But those behind the film originally wanted someone else to play the role.

"The German investors were a little reluctant about Adrian," said Howard. "They honestly wished we would get an American movie star to play Pinocchio and just do a bad Italian accent."
"But that's not what our scriptwriter wanted nor what I wanted and we knew Adrian's an artist who would take on the daunting task of recreating somebody who's still so well-known, still so iconic."

But while the film makers were quick to settle on Sutil for the role of Pinocchio, it took longer to cast Lewis Hamilton's Lampwick:
"The Lampwick casting threatened to derail the movie," Howard recalled.
"Looking at the list, seeing who's available, thinking about it, there was sort of no one who was fitting the mould as well as Adrian did for Pinocchio. And my heart began to sink, I began to feel like we really shouldn't go ahead with this, it'd be compromised, as excited as I am about the project."

Hamilton had come to prominence for his WDC in 2008. But Howard had doubts over whether the Brit could play a donkey realistically.
"I'd met Lewis and liked him, liked him a lot in McLaren," said Howard, "but no way of knowing whether he could be Lampwick material."
"Ron Dennis said he really had a lot to offer as an actor."
"And one day Lewis just sent in a self-made audition tape. And he took some of the script and just did a few group speeches and it was so cool and such a confidence-builder. He had the body language, the beginnings of the sound, the attitude. He was transforming himself as a good actor does."
That sealed Hamilton's casting in the role. "Then it was done," said Howard. "We knew we had a movie."

Howard was new to the old Disney classics when he began researching Pinocchio. But after a visit to Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, he quickly decided it was a compelling subject for a film – "smart, intelligent, thinking person's entertainment."
Howard felt the story of Pinocchio and Lampwick's rivalry gave the movie the right ingredients for an exciting production.

"The combination of a bona fide, big-screen experience that hopefully transports the audience and these rich, fascinating, entertaining characters was, I thought, a great combination and a chance to do something remarkably fresh."
"That's a hard thing to be able to say about a lot of movies that are getting the green light today."
But as with the casting of Sutil there were some who disagreed with the film's direction.

"I did have friends in Los Angeles who read the script and said "who are we rooting for?" Howard admitted. "This is the sort of traditional script note that you get."
But it was an angle the film makers were keen to avoid: "That's one of the unconventional aspects of this. I think people are pleasantly surprised by the move because they expect a more conventional kind of Disney movie to roll out."
"These aren't conventional characters and the good news was it kind of forced myself to take a narrative that doesn't unfold the way you would write it in a movie script and make it work."
"I don't think it's fair to take sides, I don't think there was a good guy or a bad guy there. I felt like it was a rival story and a dual survival story.

"I think the big narrative question was, is whatever was fuelling these guys to go to Pleasure Island in the first place? That's the tension, that's the drama. That's Pinocchio."

Do you ever learn? Still not funny ;)

And... do you know what a meme is?

Back