The Muse ThreadMusic 

Speedster502

Design + Photography
Premium
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Speedster502
Rumours are starting to come out now about the possibility of Muse's next album to be being released in September 2009 then being followed by a European tour.

NME
Muse could be set to release their next album in September, followed by a European tour, "an insider close to the band's record label, Warners" has claimed.

Muse fan site Microcuts.net suggestes that the band's yet-to-be-titled fifth studio album is slated for a September release, thanking a Warner associate for the information.

Last November bassist Chris Wolstenholme wrote to fans, saying that "it would be nice" for the band to be able to release the album "in the second half" of 2009, but added that they were not working to a strict schedule.

"It is more important for us to make the best album we have made to date," he wrote, "and if that means it comes out in 2010 then we don't mind".

The band's last studio album was 'Black Holes And Revelations' in 2006

Source

Bearing in mind their last album was way back in 2006 making the gap between Black Holes and Revelations and the proclaimed "Fifth Studio Album" is the longest time between albums ever for Muse. It makes me think that there could be some truth behind this rumour. A September 2009 release date doesn't sound too hard to pull off, especially if other rumours are true about all the songs now being written and they started to actually record in the beginning of 2009. However I would prefer them to spend longer on it and get it right than to rush to finish it. (Where have I heard that before? :lol:)

I think the tour would definately be intresting, as I would say a fairly new-ish Muse fan I haven't had the chance to see them live. However, I have bought their HAARP album and seen them live on YouTube. It's certainly a experience I don't wish to miss, and for those who haven't ever seen a Muse performance live even on YouTube here's one from HAARP;

Also some other news has appeared across the internet, a video of the bands drummer, Dom Howard, showing him drumming in a field full of sheep, albeit it it's only a snare but there seems to be no logical explanation to why they've done it...

Anyway, I know for a fact I'm not the only Muse fan here on :gtplanet: so whats your opinions on the new album and when it will be released and everything else I've mentioned in this thread?

Last edited:
I think its gonna really be something else, apparently covering 6 genres of music, the much anticipated "symphonic monster" which Matt has been composing and creating since before Origin of Symmetry! Black holes and Revelations was slightly weaker than Absolution I though, although still amazing, so Im expecting them to really top themselves with the new one. The video of Dom in the field with sheep shows what lengths they are going to to get the right sound for the songs. something simalair was done on Absolution for a few songs, such as Apocalypse please where they had the bass drum in a swimming pool and the cymbals actually submerged to get the right sound.
Some pics of them recording can be found here too http://twitpic.com/photos/musewire

Rumour has it Dom will be on the synth a bit more in this album as well.

Also if you want a possible taster of whats to come, Matt Bellamy is listed as the composer for the end titles song of the film The International, the song is available on iTunes and youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSKMVyTzJ3Y) so check it out, there was a rumour that part of it is the symphonic monster, either way Matt is listed as one of/the composer for it so check it out.

Edit: While on the subject of them being pretty awesome live, here is one of my fave Muse songs being performed at what Matt consider the best gig they have ever done, song is Fury (B-side to sing for absolution)

And thats my longest post for a while..

Last edited:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really can't wait. Been waiting for this for ages. I heard a rumour of Muse and Red Hot Chillis and Knebworth but now that seems untrue. Shame, but this is great news :D

Absolution is one of them albums where everytrack is as good as the next. Its an album on tunes which is rare there isn't one track I can say i like less than a majority of the others. Origin was much the same. Looks like I'll have to buy a new muse poster with the updates album cover and EP's that follow :D

Things seem to be moving along quite nicely, the other day Muse were at the NME Awards and managed to pick up Best Live Band, Best Album Artwork (HAARP) and Sexiest Male for Matthew Bellamy. Of course, those are all good but the best thing is that it gave people a chance to interview them to see how the album is going.

People have also been told that the recording for this album seems very similar to Origin of Symmetry (Probably their best album to date) so things are looking good.

Looks like I'll have to buy a new muse poster with the updates album cover and EP's that follow

I could do with getting a Muse poster, I've still got Foo Fighters on my wall and I haven't listened to them properly in ages.

"im too short to be sexy" :lol: that was funny. Although I am suprised he got sexiest male, not saying hes bad looking (In fact I think hes quite hot) but he was up against stiff competition in the popularity stakes among mainstream fans.

"im too short to be sexy" :lol: that was funny. Although I am suprised he got sexiest male, not saying hes bad looking (In fact I think hes quite hot) but he was up against stiff competition in the popularity stakes among mainstream fans.

Yeah I was, but you know these Muse fans they tend to vote multiple times. Even for a category like that. :)

I only voted once:P I think. Muse also won best DVD for HAARP at the gaffa awards! Only just found that one out.

I only voted once:P I think. Muse also won best DVD for HAARP at the gaffa awards! Only just found that one out.

Hmmm....I think if I recall correctly I voted two or three times. I didn't know about them winning Best DVD at the Gaffas though. I kind of find it silly that Muse won best Live Band at NME but Best DVD went to the Artic Monkeys...I mean I know I was torn between HAARP and Foo Fighters Live at Wembley but HAARP just takes the cake its pure perfection for a modern gig, I can't understand how the Monkeys could have beaten it...Unless their fans voted multiple times for them too. :crazy:

It can be the only way, HAARP is just amazing, although I am still annoyed they didnt put Citizen Erased, Bliss, Sunburn and City of Delusion on it!

It can be the only way, HAARP is just amazing, although I am still annoyed they didnt put Citizen Erased, Bliss, Sunburn and City of Delusion on it!

Putting Citizen Erased on it would have made it immense! Although, isn't Citizen Erased Live on Hullabaloo?

EDIT: Just found out that City of Delusion was done as a bonus track, which you can get for free by following the Easter Egg in the DVD.

Last edited:
I prefer their more guitar-oriented stuff (Showbiz/Origin of Symmetry), but I'll buy anything they do, no questions asked. Muse = Want!

It's been awhile since I updated this and there has been quite a bit of new stuff appearing.

Firstly, the third video of Muse recording their album has been put out on YouTube and has now been on there for quite some time.

Secondly, Muse has announced that there will be a tour this Autumn on the official site.

We are pleased to confirm that Muse will be touring in the UK, Europe and North America this autumn. Full details on the UK and European dates will be announced soon, but for now we can confirm that the the band will be special guests to U2 at a number of their North American shows this September including New York on September 24th. The remaining U2 dates will be announced in the coming weeks.

I'm looking forward to the UK tour, I hope they can make it somewhere nearer where I live instead of me having to trapse down to Wembley. That said, that does depend on if I even get tickets. :)

microcuts.net
has also announced several other tour dates, sadly no so far are for the UK. But places like Tolouse in France and Atlanta in the US are currently confirmed. A full list of the dates are below:

24/9/2009 New Jersey, USA at the Giants Stadium
25/9/2009 New Jersey, USA at the Giants Stadium
29/9/2009 Landover, USA at the FedEx Field
01/10/2009 Charlottesville, USA at the Scott Stadium
06/10/2009 Atlanta, USA at the Georgia Dome
09/10/2009 Tampa, USA at the Raymond James Stadium
25/11/2009 Tolouse, France at the Zénith

The venues in the US are where Muse are set to be a support band for U2, the tickets went on sale on the 30th March for the the New Jersey venue so they are now available to buy.

So theres been quite a bit of news! Hopefully more will come in the next couple of weeks. Also don't forget to keep an eye out on there Twitter account as they often update with pictures from them recording the album.

Awesome, they are doing the Zenith again (same place as Hullabaloo for those who dont know) so no doubt that will be a popular one.

Manson guitars have also released the Matt Bellamy signature guitar range for any muse fans with money to burn. http://www.mansons.co.uk/news/news-item/30.html
£3500 for a fully kitted, glitterate with XY control pad.

Was going to point out about that guitar here, but just haven't got round to it so thanks MildAshers. It must be said, I'd buy one.

Some very nice news here about the neww album at last, it has been titled and a song name has been revealed through a photo.
The album will be called: The Resistance, and after a picture posted on twitter of Matt and Dom holding a sheet of music a song title was discovered, the song title being: United states of Eurasia.

So some pretty excitin news for Muse fans, hopefully maybe we will get a teaser or something soon? who knows so cose nw.

Yup, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully they'll release, (as you say) a teaser or 30 sec clips or something. People around the Muse Forums are getting quite excited now! The release date is set to be around September. It's also available for pre-order at Play.com infact I'll probably be preordering it soon. I don't think I could miss out on another Muse album.

Muse tour dates are now announced, although if you listen to Radio 1 from 7PM (Zane Lowe show) there is apparently some Muse news which I suspect might be to do with these tour dates here, some good dates on the list:

THE RESISTANCE TOUR
22.10 HARTWELL ARENA, HELSINKI, FINLAND
General Sale: 08.06
Tel: +358 600 900 900
Tickets: www.lippu.fi

24.10 HOVET, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
General Sale: 05.06
Tel: +46 (0)771 70 70 70
Tickets: www.ticnet.se

25.10 SPEKTRUM ARENA, OSLO, NORWAY
General Sale: 08.06
Tel: +47 2205 2900
Tickets: www.billetservice.no/

26.10 PARKEN, COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
General Sale: 06.06
Tel: +45 70 263 267
Tickets: www.billetlugen.dk

28.10 COLOR LINE ARENA, HAMBURG, GERMANY
General Sale: 19.06
Tel: +49 (0)1805 4470
Tickets: www.ticketonline.com

29.10 O2 WORLD, BERLIN, GERMANY

31.10 STADE COUVERT REGIONAL, LIEVIN, FRANCE
Tel: +33 8 92 68 36 22
Tickets: www.fnacspectacles.com

01.11 LE GALAXIE, AMNÉVILLE, FRANCE

02.11 SPORTSPALEIS, ANTWERP, BELGIUM
General Sale: 06.06
Tel: +32 03 400 40 40
Tickets: www.proximusgoformusic.be

04.11 SHEFFIELD ARENA, SHEFFIELD, UK
Tel: +44 (0)114 256 5656
Tickets*: www.gigsandtours.com

05.11 ECHO ARENA, LIVERPOOL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)844 800 0400

06.11 O2 DEPOT, DUBLIN, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Tel: +353 1 (0)818 719300
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.ie

09.11 SECC, GLASGOW, UK
Tel: +44 (0)844 499 9990
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.co.uk

10.11 NIA, BIRMINGHAM, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121 780 4141

12.11 O2 ARENA, LONDON, UK
Tel: +44 (0)844 856 0202

13.11 O2 ARENA, LONDON, UK
Tel: +44 (0)844 856 0202

14.11 AHOY, ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
General Sale: 13.06
Tel: 0900 1010 2020 (Dutch residents only)
Tickets: www.livenation.nl

16.11 LANXESS ARENA, COLOGNE, GERMANY

17.11 BERCY, PARIS, FRANCE

18.11 HALLENSTADION, ZÜRICH, SWITZERLAND
General Sale: 11.06
Tel: +41 44 316 7800
Tickets: www.ticketcorner.ch

20.11 OLYMPIAHALLE, MUNICH, GERMANY

21.11 FUTURSHOW STATION, BOLOGNA, ITALY
General Sale: 12.06
Tel: +39 51 75 87 58
Tickets: www.ticketone.it

22.11 HALLE TONY GARNIER, LYON, FRANCE

25.11 ZÉNITH, TOULOUSE, FRANCE

27.11 PAVELLÓ OLÍMPIC, BARCELONA, SPAIN
General Sale: 17.06
Tel:
Tickets: www.servicaixa.es

28.11 PALACIO DE DEPORTES, MADRID, SPAIN
General Sale: 17.06
Tel: +34 91 444 9949
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.es

29.11 ATLÂNTICO PAVILHÃO, LISBON, PORTUGAL
General Sale: 09.06
Tel: +351 21 891 8409
Tickets: www.ticketline.pt

01.12 ZÉNITH, LIMOGES, FRANCE

02.12 ZÉNITH, DIJON, FRANCE

04.12 PALA OLIMPICO, TURIN, ITALY
General Sale: 12.06
Tel: +39 011 324 9605
Tickets: www.ticketone.it

http://www.muse.mu/

Finally getting some good news!

Going to the O2 only 'cos it's MUSE... Getting a big group together heh. :D

YES! The o2, Muse's first performance there, cant wait, defo gonna go, Green Day there in October, Muse in November, cant wait!

Do y'know what time the tickets will be on sale?

Edit: NVM got it.

Last edited:
I'm going to the Sheffield one. BTW, if you sign up to the forums at Muse.mu then you can information on Pre-sale for fans only.

Done. Have you got your pre-sale link yet? If you don't mind, can you PM me it? :D

Tickets sold out waaay too quickly. :(

I've heard :( I don't know whether my guitar teacher managed to book them or not but the story seems to be over at the Muse forums that the ticket people opened the lines way before 9:00AM giving people an unfair advantage. I'll keep you guys posted if I do manage to get in, but at the moment it's looking doubtful.

Just out of interest has anyone actually managed to book tickets?

Only thing I can hope for is if one of my friends has a spare... Looking doubtful though.

Only thing I can hope for is if one of my friends has a spare... Looking doubtful though.

Yeah, it's more annoying that if you go onto eBay theres already a tonne of Muse tickets for the up and coming gigs and to add insult to injury selling them at stupidly high prices. I mean I love Muse but I'm not going to pay upwards of £150 to go see them. It's unfair in the sense that they've took the tickets off people who actually do want to go see them rather than selling them on for just pure profit. 👎

Latest Posts

Back