The Mysterious Block at Eiger Returns!

It was probably there during development, but was removed, and the programmers didn't have enough time to take it out of the coding, so they put it under the track.
Or it's just a random bug.
Who knows? image.jpg

OK, this is the strangest glitch I've ever seen in this game.

So I made the blocks and cones appear like the OP described, and then I drove back to where they were for a photo shoot. I saved the replay first and went into where it is stored to take the photo, which turned out great. (Here it is, although it doesn't have any implications for what happened next)

mmkTV9QIqaaoPGUIzJ_0.jpg

Anyway, during the replay I noticed how the blocks seemed to come out of the ground. I decided to take a photo of that, too. I hit the "restart" button on the replay, and when my car entered the home straight... THE BLOCKS WERE ALREADY THERE!!! They actually got hit by my car, although the speed of my car never faltered, because the blocks weren't actually there when I passed that point. I then hit "restart" several times, and the blocks were in a different position each time. Can anyone else here duplicate this?

(P.S. for those interested, here is the other photo, of the cones coming out of the ground. I had to exit the replay completely then reload it for it to work properly, and then it only worked for one time)

ud8WzjKnXKloaHvrtx_0.jpg

So I made the blocks and cones appear like the OP described, and then I drove back to where they were for a photo shoot. I saved the replay first and went into where it is stored to take the photo, which turned out great. (Here it is, although it doesn't have any implications for what happened next)

mmkTV9QIqaaoPGUIzJ_0.jpg

Anyway, during the replay I noticed how the blocks seemed to come out of the ground. I decided to take a photo of that, too. I hit the "restart" button on the replay, and when my car entered the home straight... THE BLOCKS WERE ALREADY THERE!!! They actually got hit by my car, although the speed of my car never faltered, because the blocks weren't actually there when I passed that point. I then hit "restart" several times, and the blocks were in a different position each time. Can anyone else here duplicate this?

(P.S. for those interested, here is the other photo, of the cones coming out of the ground. I had to exit the replay completely then reload it for it to work properly, and then it only worked for one time)

ud8WzjKnXKloaHvrtx_0.jpg
That's how these kind of items work in the replay on any track. If you knock over cones or move blocks around, they stay where they are for the rest of the replay. At Tokyo R246, if I get a big lead I'll crash through all the barriers to break up the monotony. In the replay, if you watch one of the crashes and then skip back to the last checkpoint to see it again, the barriers are already scattered, so you have to restart the replay to see it again.

So if you're watching the mystery blocks at eiger from your gallery, when it starts the replay for the second time, the blocks will be right where you left them, but the car movement will be the same making it look like you're hitting something invisible, and the replay car can knock around the scattered blocks some more.

Furthermore, the items don't always scatter the same in the replay as they did in the actual race, even if you just let it play without skipping back. At Tokyo I sometimes try to punt a block as far as I can down the straight, and it rarely comes out the same in the replay.

I hit the "restart" button on the replay, and when my car entered the home straight... THE BLOCKS WERE ALREADY THERE!!! They actually got hit by my car, although the speed of my car never faltered, because the blocks weren't actually there when I passed that point. I then hit "restart" several times, and the blocks were in a different position each time. Can anyone else here duplicate this?

That's how these kind of items work in the replay on any track. If you knock over cones or move blocks around, they stay where they are for the rest of the replay.

Added to OP. It also happened to me with the tyre marks on the road.

Love this bug! :D:tup: We found another car that triggers it: The Aston Martin V12 Vantage! So now there are three cars confirmed:
  • BMW 507
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage
  • Suzuki SX4
Can you find more? :dopey:

Great find! Added to OP.

The V12 Vantage triggers the glitch doing the same steps as the SX4, but it seems to work better with Racing Hard tyres. Also, the speed needed to activate it is about 120 km/h. The 507 needs 120 km/h too, but it uses Confort Soft tyres.

Some more findings:
  • The Suzuki and the Aston Martin share the same weight distribution, 51:49.
  • The stock ride height of both cars is 120 mm.
  • The BMW and the Aston Martin display the same size, 4380 mm.
  • They are both FR.
So, is something else in common in all these cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
There doesn't appear to be a specific statistic on the cars that triggers it.

It is best reproduced by driving over the spot on the start/finish line where they appear.

My guess is that it is caused by specific car models.

Perhaps we could work together on this thread to test all of the 1200 cars? :P

There doesn't appear to be a specific statistic on the cars that triggers it.

It is best reproduced by driving over the spot on the start/finish line where they appear.

My guess is that it is caused by specific car models.

Perhaps we could work together on this thread to test all of the 1200 cars? :P

Further testing today while wearing my headphones revealed a "thud" with the cones when going over the spot they appear from on the start/finish line.

This was in the Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 on Bumper Cam.

I've also taken a look at the suspension settings for the 3 cars that trigger it, but nothing seems to stand out. All I can point at now is the models of the cars are clipping below the track.

mmkTV9QIqaaoPGUIzJ_0.jpg

ud8WzjKnXKloaHvrtx_0.jpg
cool pics, this is one I took last Sunday during a SNAIL Spec race at the Nürnburgring - the blocks can also seem like beton and :confused:...
upload_2015-8-8_12-30-18.jpeg

cheers

Last edited:
Back