The Mysterious Block at Eiger Returns!

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Lucas_M2000
Eiger%20Nordwand%20-%20Circuito%20corto_1_zpsiugm62u3.jpg

Remember this? Well, it seems to be triggered by doing a lap with any version of the Suzuki's SX4.

A quick guide:
  • Get into the SX4 or at least, have it selected as favorite in the garage.
  • Go to "Arcade Mode"
  • Choose "Time Trial"
  • Go into "Original Circuits" and select "Eiger Nordwand - Short Track - Reverse"
Eiger%20Nordwand%20-%20Circuito%20corto_zpsiqpd039t.jpg

• Start into the first corner and steer violently against the corner, "bitting" the grass on the right.
  • Continue to the start lane for about 170 km/h.
  • Press the button you have assigned for the rear view camera or go back to the lane.
If you don't understand, here there is a replay made by @Lubeify100 some time ago.

Post and show results!
I am cuerently trying to get more facts for finding the cause of this bug.

Facts:
  • The speed to activate the bug is from 160 to180 km/h.
  • "Bitting" the corner is necesary and the bug won't happen if you fail to do so.
  • The blocks appear at replays, but restarting the replay does not change the location of them if you have crashed them before. Thanks to @4679 and @CommandrCyclops.
  • There are more cars to use, the BMW 507 and the Aston Martin V12 Vantage also seem to trigger this. Thanks to @tarnheld.
  • The blocks produce the sound of a hitting cone when they appear. Thanks to @ProfBlocks007.
Testing:
  • Any other car that has the same bug.
  • Finding the common cause of the glitch, since the cars share some specs.
  • (More to come...)
Eiger%20Nordwand%20-%20Circuito%20corto_2_zps8gtehyro.jpg

Last edited:
Hands up all those who expected to see a picture of Ken Block in the first post... :lol:

This is kinda spooky though. Maybe we need some kind of digital exorcist...

I've never had it happen to me, but then I don't drive the track that much as I'm not a fan of it.

I've not been able to activate this bug except with the Monster Sport SX4 Base Model, but there's and easier way to do it in that car: Just drive past the starting line and stop, then back up over the line, and then forward again. You may have to do it a few times, but I've gotten it to work consistently without leaving the tarmac or having to go up to 180km/h. When you're going back and forth across the line, it appears that you have to do it just fast enough to clear the area where it rises up. I tried going over slowly to see if it would lift the car up, with no luck. It works in Time Trial, Free Run, and Arcade Races, and the AI appear not to make any effort to dodge the obstacles.

It's freaky to watch it spawn right in front of you. Sometimes the blocks come out stacked and the one on top will start shaking, as if there's a person inside trying to get out, until it finally falls on the ground.

I've not been able to activate this bug except with the Monster Sport SX4 Base Model, but there's and easier way to do it in that car: Just drive past the starting line and stop, then back up over the line, and then forward again. You may have to do it a few times, but I've gotten it to work consistently without leaving the tarmac or having to go up to 180km/h. When you're going back and forth across the line, it appears that you have to do it just fast enough to clear the area where it rises up. I tried going over slowly to see if it would lift the car up, with no luck. It works in Time Trial, Free Run, and Arcade Races, and the AI appear not to make any effort to dodge the obstacles.

It's freaky to watch it spawn right in front of you. Sometimes the blocks come out stacked and the one on top will start shaking, as if there's a person inside trying to get out, until it finally falls on the ground.

I'm going to test it. It could mean that is is activated by a certain number of speed, no matter the direction. The slowest speed I could do to trigger the bug was about 162 km/h.

What exactly happens when you hit these blocks? Do the blocks go flying or does the car just abruptly stop as if you were hitting a wall?

What if there actually is some pixel person stuck in there? :boggled: Or some Zombie code?
Have to test more cars with this. :D

👍 Classic. :)

What exactly happens when you hit these blocks? Do the blocks go flying or does the car just abruptly stop as if you were hitting a wall?

They are like the blocks in Tokyo Route R246 or in the Coffee Break. If you hit them your car will slow down a lot, but you can push them like the cones.

EDIT: They seem to be heavier than the Route R246 ones. Even they have a different design.

They are like the blocks in Tokyo Route R246 or in the Coffee Break. If you hit them your car will slow down a lot, but you can push them like the cones.

EDIT: They seem to be heavier than the Route R246 ones. Even they have a different design.
Are they heavier than Nurb's, too?

Is this a crafty hint at something we can place on tracks in the imminent CM update?

I think I'm delving too deep...

Don't speculate about a Course Maker update. This bug was found long ago. The real thing is that it rarely appeared on consoles, and now it works a lot more often.

Wasn't the "Other" block (the striped one) used in GT5? I think I remember seeing it on a few courses.

Back