The Nürburgring vs Circuito de la Sierra

The Nürburgring vs Circuito de la Sierra

  • Nürburgring

    Votes: 163 64.4%
  • Circuito de la Sierra

    Votes: 90 35.6%

  • Total voters
    253
For me the most exciting circuit is Nordschleife and that will be incredibly difficult to beat. Sierra is really enjoyable but nowhere near as technical, and as a result not as difficult, as Nordschleife.

I do love being brave at Sierra over blind crests and hoping the car sticks when it lands after a jump. As a location Sierra wins hands down, as it is absolutely beautiful, although you can see where PS3 has it's limitations and where PS4 will truly bring it to life.

Both are wonderful circuits. Nordschleife wins as a drivers circuit and as a true challenge but Sierra is just as fun but in a more easygoing way. I need to try it in the rain next...
 
For racing and pushing a car to its limits it's the Nurb. It's the ultimate test and no matter how many times I race on it there's always parts of it that surprise me. Sierra is probably a better "cruise" track though.
 
Well Nurburgring is the hardest cuz its a race track. While Sierra aint. Its just for cruzing and taking great photos of classic cars
 
Parcells loves the Nurb to cruise around on but it has always been my least favorite track to race on by far. Too tight for close racing which is my only enjoyment with racing games. I suspect Sierra will be just as bad for races but at first glance it seems much wider and condusive to close racing.

Parcells picks neither.
 
How do Nürburgring 24h and 'Sierra laptimes compare?
 
Nürb easily. It's actual race track, not something PD made up.
 
Simple question, which of the two hardest tracks do you like the most?
Both are hard, long & narrow so it's difficult to choose. I'll go with the Circuito de la Sierra, because of scenery ;)
 
I didn't know if I would like Seirra or not beforehand, but damn.. Is it ever a fun place to whip around with friends.

Nürb easily. It's actual race track, not something PD made up.

It's not made up, it a road in Spain and it happens to be a great driving road.
 
Zahara just a course maker templated circuit
 
For me, the Ring is without a doubt more challenging, but you're not going to get great racing there unless you take to the grass or force somebody out of the way. Sierra is just wide enough to provide for really good racing. So it's really a question of what you want: A great challenge, or a great race.
 
People keep comparing these two.

I compare Zahara to Old Spa. Not Nurburgring.
 
I wouldn't say that, there's not NEARLY enough twisties in this track to even be considered a "decent" touge track, IMO.

It is a shame about no night though, I love night racing.

At least at 17:30 it's a little darker and we can put full beams on.
Headlights have no effect on the track as you can't have a full day/night cycle, just like all of the other tracks which have fixed/limited variable time.
 
That's really a hard choice to choose cause i love the both. both had better things than each other But for my mood right now it's going to sierra since it's a brand new circuit in the latest update that just released yesterday while The Green Hall is already exist since GT4 but improves with each GT but later when the Sierra becomes older then Maybe then Nürburgring will take it.

I just don't want people saying "who voted..... is ........etc" so i will just ignore the main reason of this thread until my mood changes.

Also to people who says Sierra is just a track made by PD, The track is based on someplace in Spain like the other guy said.

EDIT: I Voted For the Green Hall.
 
Last edited:
nurburgring is for benchmarking laptimes and comparable into real life lap times, fun for racing

Cicruito sierra is for pleasure of driving nice road with grand tourer cars, and gets off from tracks for while
 
Well, THE RING is THE KING , but this Sierra "road" has really nice "public road" flow and it feels great for testing how cars drive on public road (because that what it is). It got quite a different feeling from other "road tracks" like Nordschelife,Le Mans,Bathurst and I like it a lot.

Great addition to existing track rooster:)
 
Last edited:
also its good for tarmac rallying, rally cars should tuned into it
 
I disagree with the OP; I think the Nurburgring is a very easy track and Zahara is probably medium difficulty. Regardless of difficulty, Nurburgring is better for racing.
 
No vote from me because I don't think one can really compare the two tracks or call Zahara difficult for that matter. The only comparison I can see is that they are both longer than the average race course.

Personally I really enjoy both of them so far. Not one more than the other.
 
Nordschleife is tradition, motorsport history!
While Sierra is just Sierra.
 
Nürburgring Nordschleife will always come out on top for me personally... It has it's history, it's legend.. Everything Sierra will never have, partly because it's a fake track ofcourse..
 
Nurb.
You can compare your times with real times from pro drivers and such. Certain areas of nurb take a great deal of finesse to master. It will always have a place in my heart. Sierra is a very beautiful track but there's to many 90 degree turn from 100mph plus zones for my balls to the wall play style were as nurb i atleast know those sections are coming...tbh im already bored of sierra
 
I personally love Circuito de la Sierra. Nurb has been pretty much my go to course in Gt5/6 but it felt...lacking. Nurb does kind of that possess that aura of ancestral racing, but Sierra feels more... homey. Oh, and the Scenery is just Gorgeous!!
 
they better should have recreated their old tracks like Grindelwald or Tahiti or Rome (Night) or SSR11
 
Nurburgring. There just isn't a comparison really. I enjoy Sierra & not having to stress out about difficult corners and tricky bits makes for a very relaxing time but the Nurburgring is a piece of racing history, it's legendary. Plus it has the different variations, full day/night cycle. Also while Sierra is nice it just seems that it's pushing the PS3 a bit too far. Coming down one of the hills on the track is very pretty but then I see the track popping up in the distance as it loads. Kind of takes me out of the game a bit.
 
Also while Sierra is nice it just seems that it's pushing the PS3 a bit too far. Coming down one of the hills on the track is very pretty but then I see the track popping up in the distance as it loads. Kind of takes me out of the game a bit.
I only play in 720p, and in normal view I notice quite a slowdown in the first left-to-right - which is downhill - but do not recall other such places. That could be a peak, when the car is pointed a certain way.
 
I like them both.. The nurburg ring is a rewarding challenge.. Sierra is a fast flowing pleasure to drive..

Now can anybody suggest a nice comfy drive for enjoying the scenery ?
 
For me it's not a fair comparison.

Apart from that, I expected way more from the "Circuito de la Sierra" track. For me it's utterly bland while the 'Ring, even after thousands of kilometers, is a real challenge every time I start a lap. I expected more because I know some real roads in my country that are amazing to drive just the way they are. I hoped that PD would extract that character, that taste and translate it to the game. They totally failed, IMHO. I'm disappointed because I see a lot of potential lost.
 
Back